July's Summer Fun WISH Journey

Happy Monday, everyone!!

I was recently lucky enough to hear a great speaker at DS's college orientation. His name is Paul Wesselmann, and he maintains this quote page:

http://theripplesguy.com/ripples-gallery/

I'd encourage everyone to take a peek, because you might find other quotes you really like too, but I've pulled this one for today's Motivation Monday discussion:

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." - Dale Carnegie

I think fun is a huge part of success in our healthy living efforts. If exercising is boring, I know I'm not going to do it as often or for as long! So I've bookmarked a bunch of YouTube channels (a lot of them Dsiney-related :earsboy: ) that I watch when I use the treadmill. It has made exercising something I look forward to, not just another chore to be checked off the list, and I really see a difference.

What do you do make exercise, healthy eating, or whatever your goal is FUN?

I've had aura's with my migraines most of my life. They get really terrible during pregnancy and have changed and developed a lot over time.

I have thankfully never had an issue with my blood sugars, I have been through some pretty serious treatments that ravaged my body and left it much worse for wear.

I really enjoyed Yesterday, saw it a couple weekends ago.

I have not had a good week. My mother has fallen back on a commitment she made to me which has a huge impact on the next few years and it is really frustrating for me. I've been a bit depressed with the whole situation.

On a good note I have stuck to healthy eating, my weight is continuing to go down and my numbers are really good. Today my ketones were at a 4.0 and my sugar was 3.8. I am so close to having lost 100lbs since starting keto back in September. I'm not sure if I can hit goal weight by my one year mark but I'm going to try as much as I can.

My youngest turns one tomorrow so we are going to do a cake smash for him which I'm excited to see. His brother did one and didn't know what to do with the cake for a bit, was so cute. He quickly had the cake into a big mess once he figured it out.

I actually think this is true for both food and exercise. It's easy to fall into negative thinking due to popular messages of no pain no gain, suffer now to enjoy the results. i think this is part of the reason I regained weight

I didn't fully accept that I can live happy healthy lifestyle. That good for me food doesn't have to be awful. That exercise can be enjoyable. And that I won't miss out on fun.

Exercise I limit the time I spend on things that are super beneficial but not fun (as planks for example! I do strength twice a week about 30 minutes workouts) and focus on yoga, walks and swimming

Food - keep trying new things! I love finding new recipes that support my goals but also my love for tasty meal! I was reading this
https://touringplans.com/blog/2019/07/09/we-sent-a-disney-cupcake-to-the-lab/
"How much does a Kylo Ren cupcake weight? Thankfully, our food scale-toting researcher Christina has that answer. A typical Kylo Ren cupcake weights 8.9 oz. or about 252 grams. Doing the math, that means our dear cupcake actually comes in at approximately 1,072 Calories. To paraphrase Luke Skywalker, If there’s a health food center in the Disney universe, this cupcake is on the planet that it’s farthest from."

We usually go to WDW for 14 to 21 days and with DDP. I decided that I can't handle DDP anymore. We are giving QDP a chance. Now they have cocktails included, my willpower went out of the window last trip. The food is so tasty and so hard to say now, but at age 40 I can't handle that type of eating anymore.

It's not fun dealing with the aftermath. Perhaps week worth of holiday will be better, but I need to leave all out holidays behind. It's ... there is different type of fun. I found it more fun to feel good about myself and make better choices

But for example dole whip is lovely and a good salad at WPE would satisfy both - taste and my ability to fit in my jeans when I return home

So what I try to focus on is that it doesn't have to be all out or nothing. But, as fun as it is, I can't say yes every time opportunity to eat junk food arrives. It's no fun trying to buckle up again after

Motivation Monday.... hmmm... what is going to motivate me this week? I think I'm going to go with:

Just jump in and do whatever it takes, do more than what it takes... at work we're having a major sale event right now and things get crazy very fast, so I'm telling myself "this is fun!"... which ties in to today's quote!

The weekend started off well... Saturday morning I went up to the street fair and got my necklace. I had forgotten that the gal I've seen for Rolfing does a booth every year and was excited to have her do a 10 minute session on my legs, man did it feel great. Plus she said she'd had a cancellation for a slot in a couple weeks, so I booked it. I walked the street fair for a while and then I drove out to my favorite yarn store, I didn't need yarn I just needed to drive out to the country... it is always so refreshing. Sunday was very low key, as in I barely moved off of the sofa low key. When I finally dragged myself out of the house to get some lunch (because, once again, no food in the house), I sat in the car for maybe 5 minutes trying to decide where to go.

Well, off to be awesome now! Happy Monday all.

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing"

I love this quote and find it to be so true. I often look at photos from the last couple years and wonder why no one said anything to me about my weight. But really it wouldn't have made a difference because I needed to find something that worked well for me. I've always loved salads but with my severe IBS I couldn't eat green leafy veggies without getting incredibly sick. Once I saw my friend have so many health benefits from the Keto way of eating, and did some research, I was sold. It truly has healed my body in so many ways and I REALLY enjoy it.

I also wear a fitbit and have competitions with friends and family on steps and activity to poke fun at each other and get us up and out. I make my walks fun by going to a favourite park, or walking to a further playground so my boys can get out and use up some energy.

My youngest had his 1 year vaccinations today, they are the worst set, 4 shots poor little bub. I thought I would share a couple photos from yesterdays cake smash.

I did my yoga and jumping jacks this morning and ate well, no walk though I'm okay with that as it was a busy morning.

IMG_20190714_092746.jpg

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190714093323579_COVER.jpg

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190714093516693_COVER.jpg

I did great last 3 days with my no snacking after dinner. I really want to make the 2nd 10 days of this month count!

It's just after 5 am, I am drinking my coffee and will get ready fro the day ahead. Delicious salad is already packed with slice of wholegrain sourdough for my lunch and melon and strawberries with yogurt for breakfast. I am looking forward for both. I need to keep reminding myself that healthy eating can and should be fun.

have a great tuesday all

@*tinker*bell* he is gorgeous!

Topic Tuesday - food:

What's one "unhealthy" food you refuse to give up, and still find a way to make room for in your healthy eating plan?

What's one "healthy" food that you never you knew you liked until you tried it during your healthy eating efforts?

Last edited:
What's one "unhealthy" food you refuse to give up, and still find a way to make room for in your healthy eating plan?

Chocolate! - I am a firm believer that a small treat is OK. I just watch the portions - order kiddie size when we get ice cream, that sort of thing.

What's one "healthy" food that you never you knew you liked until you tried it during your healthy eating efforts?

Avacado - I never thought I liked them, but as they got popular as a source of healthy fats, I started encountering them in salads at restaurants, and found out I really like them.

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing"

I love this quote and find it to be so true. I often look at photos from the last couple years and wonder why no one said anything to me about my weight. But really it wouldn't have made a difference because I needed to find something that worked well for me. I've always loved salads but with my severe IBS I couldn't eat green leafy veggies without getting incredibly sick. Once I saw my friend have so many health benefits from the Keto way of eating, and did some research, I was sold. It truly has healed my body in so many ways and I REALLY enjoy it.

I also wear a fitbit and have competitions with friends and family on steps and activity to poke fun at each other and get us up and out. I make my walks fun by going to a favourite park, or walking to a further playground so my boys can get out and use up some energy.

My youngest had his 1 year vaccinations today, they are the worst set, 4 shots poor little bub. I thought I would share a couple photos from yesterdays cake smash.

I did my yoga and jumping jacks this morning and ate well, no walk though I'm okay with that as it was a busy morning.

View attachment 417726

View attachment 417727

View attachment 417728
What fun!

I did great last 3 days with my no snacking after dinner. I really want to make the 2nd 10 days of this month count!

It's just after 5 am, I am drinking my coffee and will get ready fro the day ahead. Delicious salad is already packed with slice of wholegrain sourdough for my lunch and melon and strawberries with yogurt for breakfast. I am looking forward for both. I need to keep reminding myself that healthy eating can and should be fun.

have a great tuesday all

@*tinker*bell* he is gorgeous!

Thanks!

Topic Tuesday - food:

unhealthy - I refuse to give up deli meat and pepperoni. I try to eat only whole unprocessed foods, but I love deli meat so I do eat it sometimes.

healthy - Apple Cider Vinegar. I love to put this on my salads as a 'dressing', everyone complains about the flavour but it doesn't bother me, I can take it straight too if I'm not having a salad that day.

I am moving slowly today, did not want to get up. I did get my yoga and jumping jacks done, I feel so much better after doing these.

Oh, I don't know that I refuse to give it up, I just can't seem to break the addiction... it has to be the sugar. If I could even get to the point where I'm having some sugar but mostly healthy foods that would be a victory.

I was also surprised by avocados, first time I had some that I really liked was with a balsamic drizzle on it - yummy! I think that was also my first introduction to balsamic reductions.

Was I awesome yesterday? Yes I was... there's a different project going on that keeps sucking resources from my project, I frequently get pulled in to answer questions and it always feels like such an imposition/burden. Yesterday I got pinged and was able to not be annoyed (win), and I took the time to actually talk to the person about the other project, instead of just answering the question.

Topic Tuesday - food:

Good addition would be what are you willing to give up? Great question

Ice cream
I love a lot of healthy food but maybe avocado and spinach I have all the time and I did not have any growing up

Re what am I willing to give up is snacking after dinner. I would love to. Terrible habit. I used to smoke so much when very young. I don't miss it at all. I hope time will come I will no longer miss snacking mindlessly after dinner. For now taking it one day at time

Topic Tuesday - food:

Ice Cream (and by that I mean custard) - when you live in WI, it's hard to resist a good bit of custard now and then. I've been trying to split it up when I get a dish from Culvers so I eat it over two days to avoid eating a ton of it.

I was especially surprised to find that I like veggies in my pasta - mushrooms, onions, broccoli (especially this one - I did NOT like broccoli until I put it in my pasta), spinach, etc.

Happy Monday, everyone!!

I was recently lucky enough to hear a great speaker at DS's college orientation. His name is Paul Wesselmann, and he maintains this quote page:

http://theripplesguy.com/ripples-gallery/

I'd encourage everyone to take a peek, because you might find other quotes you really like too, but I've pulled this one for today's Motivation Monday discussion:

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." - Dale Carnegie

I think fun is a huge part of success in our healthy living efforts. If exercising is boring, I know I'm not going to do it as often or for as long! So I've bookmarked a bunch of YouTube channels (a lot of them Dsiney-related :earsboy: ) that I watch when I use the treadmill. It has made exercising something I look forward to, not just another chore to be checked off the list, and I really see a difference.

What do you do make exercise, healthy eating, or whatever your goal is FUN?
This is so true!

I could not have kept the 70lbs that I lost years ago off if I did not cook/eat
food that I liked as well as being healthier choices. There is no reason to eat chicken breasts and broccoli forever when there are so many good websites to show us how to prepare good tasting and good for meals!

Exercise I am still working on-I love to walk on beautiful days-I don’t mind the cold-but days like today, 90 degrees and humid, I need to come up with a “fun” alternative. I keep putting off joining the gym-I don’t even know why, I have cute outfits from my “tourist” phase.

Pizza-although we eat it maybe once a month? And usually a version called Tomato Pie we get at the beach.

I eat so many fresh vegetables now that I didn’t eat growing up. We ate mostly frozen or canned vegetables-except for corn and tomatoes in the summer. Who knew asparagus, beets, spinach tasted so good??

Whohoo for today
It's summer. I had some productive conversations in work. I am doing well with my health & fitness goals.

sjrec - well done for keeping the weight off. Can you get few days pass for a gym to test before committing to membership? Some people do indoor shopping mall walking in hotter climates. Here we don't get too hot weather and in the summer outdoor walks are great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!