July 4 demand?

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone - For those with experience around July 4, how does the demand stack up for campgrounds? Trying to figure out some plans for 2020. Beyond 'the earlier the better,' how early should I be planning to call in to make sure there is availability?

Hey everyone - For those with experience around July 4, how does the demand stack up for campgrounds? Trying to figure out some plans for 2020. Beyond 'the earlier the better,' how early should I be planning to call in to make sure there is availability?
We try to make ours 499 days out. Been trying to add one day for fall trip and keep getting turned down. Waiting for 499 days for next year.

We always try to call for reservations right around the 499 day mark, remember though, the 499 day mark is for WHEN YOU CHECK OUT not for when you are arriving. All the dates must fit into the 499 days!

As a general rule, we try to book at 499 days out.

However, we decided very late to go over July 4th this year. I booked most of the week on 5/6 and was able to extend and pick up 7/2-4 on 5/9.

If you think you might want to go, I would go ahead and book it. It will cost one night's deposit but you'd have the dates until you finalize your plans. You can always cancel it as it gets closer if plans change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter