July 23rd 2006 4 Day Cruise Disney Wonder, anyone?

It is now Friday 6/23/2006 at 8:46:31 AM
Event: Disney Cruise
Scheduled For 7/23/2006 10:00 AM
1 month 1 hour 13 minutes 29 seconds or
4 weekends or
30 days or
721 hours (481 waking hours) or
43,273 minutes or
2,596,408 seconds

Once on the cruise, if anyone is looking for starwood or triptaker - we just recently found out that our cabins are right next to each other - port side - midship - deck 6. (it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small small world)

Hello! My family (20+ people) will be going on the July 23rd cruise as well :banana:

Im sorry it took me so long to get here. Ive been so overwhelmed I forgot all about the link triptaker sent to me.

Im so excited! This is my familys first Disney Cruise. Its also the first time Ive ever traveled with the kids. Ive been searching these boards looking for any helpful information to get us ready.

What do you all plan to do when we port? Are you donig any excursions?

Hi Melody :wave:

We are booked for the Discover Atlantis tour in Nassau and we're doing the glass bottom boat on Castaway Cay. I'd almost like to just stay on the ship and relax but I've never been to Nassau.

1 month from today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

:Pinkbounc :cool1: :bounce: :banana: :cheer2: party:

In case anyone is interested there is a rocket launch on 7/22. Here is the info from Nasa.

July 22
A two-year mission to provide a unique and revolutionary view of the Sun-Earth System.
Launch Windows: 3:11 - 3:13 p.m. and 4:19 - 4:34 p.m.

Welcome Melody!

Wow! 20 people--that's a lot! Are you all on the same floor of the ship?

In Nassau, we're doing the Thriller Powerboat and a little shopping, then back to the boat for the rest of the day!

It will be fun no matter what you do--it's a VACATION!

Starwood: Thanks for the info about the launch. Hope it doesn't cause travel delays for people coming in a day early on the cruise! I read somewhere that the launch delayed airline travel and stuff for some other cruisers. It would be really cool to see the launch!

Triptaker: Can you BELIEVE it's only one month away today? Seemed like it would take forever to get here!
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Zsa Zsa said:
Welcome Melody!

Triptaker: Can you BELIEVE it's only one month away today? Seemed like it would take forever to get here!

Melody... Ditto for me!.... Melody - do you have any 12-14 year olds in that group of 20?

Zsa Zsa - If today is anything like the next month, it will NEVER get here... this day has just drug on and on... BUT.... I think I did get my door signs all done - hubby is going to take them to work next week and see if he can make them better (he has all the engineering printers(!!)) - Then I'll take them to Kinkos to have them laminated, and figure out how to get the magnetic tape on them that I purchased.

Hey.... I got a little white dry erase board at Wal-Mart today for under $4.00 -- thought that might be a good thing for all the kids to use - think we all might be able to get one to add to our doors?

Starwood - Does DS have any inclination/desire of going on the banana boat at Castaway Cay? Zsa Zsa's DD and my DD (just the kids, not the parents) are going on it at the same time, I can send you the info if your DS would like to join them.

triptaker (is it time to leave yet?)

DS was thinking of doing the stuff on the teen beach (the wild side). I"m not sure how comfortable I am with that. He had tubes put in his ears in early May and he gets some pain when he goes underwater. Right now I think he's planning (he's VERY big on planning) on the teen beach until around 12, then lunch and around 2 we are doing the glass bottom boat.

Are we there yet?

Zsa Zsa - Yep we booked last week and all ended up on the 6th deck, back of the boat. All but my grandpa have inside rooms. He wont be getting off the boat and wanted to be able to look out from his room. We got luck, we are all right in a row with grandpa right across the hall.

Trip Taker - No 12-14 yr olds but we have 15, 16, 17 yr old girls. The rest of the kids in the group are really small children

Okay some explain the 'door sign' thing to me. Im a new cruiser. What are they? What are they for? What are they made of?

Melody

The door signs are made on magnetic paper (I got mine at Staples). The doors are metal and the signs stick on the outside. They are fun and make it easier to find your room. I made some for our last cruise in August and someone stopped me in the hall to thank me for making it because it was the only way they could find there room! :rotfl2:

Looks like we have an assortment of ages on the ship. My DS will be turning 14 on 7/24. Look for the people having a party at dinner. party: :cake:

starwood said:
Let's take over deck 6.

okay, so I'm cruise challenged, we are NOT on the Port side, we on on the other side......

Hey Zsa Zsa, there are some rooms still open on 6 (cat 6) if yo u want to downgrade LOL!

This is exciting (from another post) :cool1:

" The Flying Dutchman has arrived!
Yesterday (June 24th) I had a wonderful day at Castaway Cay.

While my husband & I were laying in a hammock, we saw the Flying Dutchman (the new boat from the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean Movie) being tugged over the horizon.

It stayed pretty far out from the island - the silhouette could be seen from the Family Beach quite easily, and from where the Wonder was docked I could easily recognize it as the Flying Dutchman.

The glass-bottomed boat excursion we were on later took us a little closer, but they had to get back in time for the next excursion so we couldn't go all the way out. However - the Seahorse Snorkeling boat went right up next to it.

Back on the Wonder we went up to deck 10 and brought out the binoculars for a great view!

Even better, we were sitting in one of the window-seats at Diversions when the Wonder left the island, and it brought us right up close to the Flying Dutchman - we got an amazing view from the window!

None of the castmembers seemed to know how long it would be there, if it was going to be docked closer to Castaway Cay, or any additional information. Most of them were as excited and "in awe" of it as we were!

From one side the Flying Dutchman is perfectly "finished" off - but on the other side the lower half of it indeed shows it to be a movie prop, hehe. It apparently functions as a regular boat, but was being tugged around (no sails - lol). I saw a couple of people (the boat's "handlers" I guess?) walking on the deck of it through my binoculars.

It really was a magical experience!!!"

We're officially booked! :cheer2:

My family will be joining you all for the 7/23 sailing on the Wonder. This will be our 5th Disney cruise, though we haven't been in a couple of years as we've been going on Princess. It will be my husband and I and our 3 kids. I have a daughter is just 18 and 2 sons, 14 and 16.

If I seem a bit strange on the first day, don't take it personally. It's our first cruise after being on the March 19th Star Princess cruise that caught on fire and I have a feeling that I'll be a bit nervous on the first day.

4.gif

We have DS who will be turning 14 on 7/24! Where is your cabin located? Most of us seem to be on deck 6. triptaker is right next door to us. It would be really funny if you were on the other side.
1.gif

Looks like we're getting a great crew together. Let the party begin.
5.gif

starwood said:
4.gif

We have DS who will be turning 14 on 7/24! Where is your cabin located? Most of us seem to be on deck 6. triptaker is right next door to us. It would be really funny if you were on the other side.
1.gif

Looks like we're getting a great crew together. Let the party begin.
5.gif

My son will have just turned 14 on 6/30! We're on deck 5, which is where we've always been when we sailed.

DD just got her passport in the mail yesterday (well, really today [Sunday] since we did not go to the mailbox yesterday), so I just went online and did all the online documents - yeah - I feel one step closer to being there!!!!

If any of the DS's want to join the two 13 year old girls on the banana boat, they are doing the boat ride from 11:00 to 11:30am.

My DD and Zsa Zsa's DD are currently talking on the landline right now, I'm sure planning up a storm....

cjsmith - welcome!

Can we figure out a place to meet on the first day, so we can all at least introduce ourselves in person?? Anyone have any good ideas? This is the first time I have ever been on a cruise, so I'm hoping to just be able to find the cruise ship LOL!

If you guys have not read: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=629204
I'd suggest it - my DD got a postcard from piglet this week and it was a hit, even with her being 13!

Also, not sure about anyone else, but we have decided to make the "non-formal" night a "formal" night.... http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1146448 -- anyone care to join us?

Oh, and one last thing, I just bought the Passporter DCL book today at the local bookstore - it was $18.95 and has a lot of good stuff in it. Its not like the regular passporter book, its just like a regular paperback book. I'd recommend it if you have nothing else - Melody80, I got it at Books-A-Million
at the Mills Mall outlet store.

triptaker

Hi everyone! Welcome cjsmith! Wow, your 5th Disney cruise--maybe with your experience you can suggest a good place/time to meet! Also, how old were your kids when they first started cruising? Have they always love it?

starwood-wow-that is really cool news about the Flying Dutchman! My husband loved the first Pirates movie, and it will be really awesome if we can see the new one on the cruise!

triptaker: The girls had a really good time talking last night! Hey-I never read that "Pay it forward" thread--thought it was only for people who have already cruised! Do you think it's too late to make a request? Also, that is a really great idea to do it up really formal on formal night. Will you be doing your hair up too? We don't have any really long dresses, but we'll have on some nice dresses! My hubbie doesn't want to do the tux thing though. Not sure what to do with him for that night yet.:confused3

melody80: Is this the first cruise for your grandpa and family? How many rooms are you all occupying? Do you all have any excursions planned?

Bye for now! (It's coming soon!!!!!):cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Zsa Zsa - no, I don't think its too late - and your DD woudl probably be as thrilled as my DD (she knew I had something to do with it, but was not sure exactly what - darn her being 13 and not 4 LOL!)

DD and I both got our hair cut short recently (so now neither of us look like our passport picture) so doing our hair on the cruise will be very easy to do. :cheer2:

One tip I got out of the passporter book last night:

(Para phrased) quote:
You have to close and open your room safe with your keys to the world card.
The person who closes it is the only person who can open it. If you bring another magnetic coded card (ex: a library card wtih the magnetic strip) - use that card to open and close the safe and then put the card in a place where everyone knows where the card is. Any card with a magnetic strip will work, and then you don't have the "whose key did we last use, OR where is so & so's key so I can open the safe times"
Unquote (Para Phrased)

Why does the time seem to be going by so slowly?

tripaker

Man Im getting excited!

Trip taker - I havn't heard of the passport book. I guess I better go check it out!

Zsa - I think most of us have all cruised once before on our own but never Disney. I have only been on one other cuise but I didn't really prepare for it. It was a gift for our honnymoon so I just got on the boat and enjoyed. This is the first family vacation we have all taken together in a long time. All my aunts, uncles, cousins, and so on will be there. Im so excited to have everyone be there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter