**July 2020**

MamaJessie

DIS Veteran
Hello summer travelers! I have not seen a July thread yet so I thought I would start one :thumbsup2

I'll try to keep the roll call up to date, and will probably ask a lot of questions! July is one of the months we have NOT tried yet but my son really wanted to go for his 18th birthday - so here we are! I can't wait to talk to other July travelers - both those that have experience and other July newbs.

Happy planning :)

MamaJessie

DIS Veteran
Roll call
June 30th - July 19th - Yacht Club - Welsh_Dragon
July 3rd - 12th - Beach Club / Polynesian - jfsag123
July 4th - 11th - Pop Century - MamaJessie
July 9th - 17th - Caribbean Beach Resort - Sandiz08
July 14th - 20th - Gran Destino Tower Club Level - TinkerTracy
July 18th - 26th - All Star Music - cbeeindisney
July 22nd - 27th - All Star Movies - DMLAINI
July 27th - Aug. 1st - Pop Century - Sjohnson71103

Last edited:

TinkerTracy

DIS Veteran
July 14-20th at Gran Destino Tower- Club Level for part one of our honeymoon! Then our first time on the Disney Cruise line on the 20th!

• TinkerTracy

DIS Veteran
    Hello summer travelers! I have not seen a July thread yet so I thought I would start one :thumbsup2

I'll try to keep the roll call up to date, and will probably ask a lot of questions! July is one of the months we have NOT tried yet but my son really wanted to go for his 18th birthday - so here we are! I can't wait to talk to other July travelers - both those that have experience and other July newbs.

Happy planning :)
    I've gone a few Julys in a row. It's HOT HOT HOT and sometimes crowded! You just have to be smart with your planning and it's a great time to go! Being a teacher July is the go to month for me now!

MamaJessie

DIS Veteran
    I've gone a few Julys in a row. It's HOT HOT HOT and sometimes crowded! You just have to be smart with your planning and it's a great time to go! Being a teacher July is the go to month for me now!
    We have gone in August the last couple years so I think we are getting used to melting on vacation lol, a little nervous about crowds since we are arriving on the 4th and we never really go when it is busy.

I am glad to read that you love July though! Our oldest is in college now to become a teacher so she will have a lot of summer trips in her future ;)

cbeeindisney

DIS Veteran
    July 18-26 All Star Music

Another teacher here and have been in July and August many times- SUPER hot, but love it! Agree with above, be smart about planning- getting there early for rope drop and leave midway, go to the pool, take a nap, on really hot days- come back later for dinner and fireworks! Parks are open late in the summer so that helps!

• Jfsag123

DIS Veteran
    Planning on heading back in July for the 3rd year in a row! No teachers in this household, but DH is a speech pathologist who works in schools, so it’s the same limitations. Right now we’re planning on being there July 3-12 with a split between Poly and Beach Club if we can swing it. It may not be possible, but it’s our dream split so we’re going to try it. The trip will for sure be a split stay no matter what, as that’s the only way we do things. Looking forward to planning with you all!

cbeeindisney

DIS Veteran
    Planning on heading back in July for the 3rd year in a row! No teachers in this household, but DH is a speech pathologist who works in schools, so it’s the same limitations. Right now we’re planning on being there July 3-12 with a split between Poly and Beach Club if we can swing it. It may not be possible, but it’s our dream split so we’re going to try it. The trip will for sure be a split stay no matter what, as that’s the only way we do things. Looking forward to planning with you all!
    How fun! That is a dream resort split! Good for you!

MamaJessie

DIS Veteran
    Fun split stay combo! Added you to the roll call.

• ilovetotravel1977

DIS Veteran
    I'll be following this thread as we are looking at the very end of June, first week of July 2021 as we'd like to be able to ride both Tron and Guardians and it will likely be our last trip for a while. The first time I went was mid August and holy cow it was hawt, not Hot, HAWT!

DMLAINI

Mouseketeer
    July 22-27 mother daughter trip for her 12th. Birthday trip (it's a surprise). We're at All Star Movies but may be moving if discounts are released.

Sjohnson71103

Earning My Ears
    July 27-August 1st: right now we are staying a POP...praying we get FD for that week. My daughters 8th birthday and her first trip to Disney!

Welsh_Dragon

DIS Veteran
    Summer seems a long way away from very wet and rainy Wales at the moment. Good to have a July trip to look forward to.

cmarsh31

DIS Veteran
    July 22-25th AKV Jambo, then sailing off for a week on the Fantasy! First time on the Fantasy and first week-long DCL cruise. Randomly celebrating our 18th anniversary on the cruise but now that the DVC MM nights have come out, I wish we picked the week later - just missing the MM TL night. Bah.

This will be my third trip in July, first for the whole family, but we went in August last year, so we know what to expect. We're hoping for at least one DAH event. With teenagers, it's easy to sleep in, then hit a water park or hang out at the pool during the day, and head into the parks in the late afternoon/early evening. Last year, I think the earliest we got to a park was about 4pm, but we managed to have either EMH, MM, or the Dreams Party, so we were out until 1-2am every night. It was great!

Not sure what we're doing for park tickets yet. We're heading down for Thanksgiving with my school's marching band. I need to figure out while we're there if we can upgrade the tickets we got through the group to renew DH, DD, and DS's annual passes or not. If not, I'm hoping the new midday tickets are extended through the summer. Also depends on whether or not DH's best friend joins us... and if the ILs who are cruising with us come in just the night before the cruise or for a few days prior. If it's just the 4 of us, we'll hit Rise of the Resistance for sure, but maybe only HS, MK, and a water park. If more people are with us, we'll spend more time in the parks.

Only dining I'm thinking about so far is a family dinner at Boma when the ILs arrive Friday night...

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    THEME PARK MAPS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    Disney World Rehabs and Closings Disney World Restaurant Menus

DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS