JULY 2020 DCOM Summer Exercise Challenge

Big ups to Liddypool for reaching Possible Purple and to Twilight Sparkle and myself for reaching Pixel Perfect Pink!

Today let's talk about a movie called How to Build a Better Boy, which I feel is in many ways a spiritual successor to the movie Pixel Perfect.
It's honestly pretty cute! It's about two nerdy high school girls named Gabby and Mae who use a computer program designed by Mae's father to create the perfect boyfriend. They think it's just a video game character creator, but it turns out Mae's dad works for the government and the program was actually designed to create the perfect super soldier! When the boy they created on the computer program actually shows up at school... Well that's where the fun begins!

Shout out to sophy1996 for reaching Pixel Perfect Pink! And congrats to Twilight Sparkle and me for reaching Rockin' Red!

Alright, how about one of my favorite Disney Channel Original Movies: Lemonade Mouth!
This movie is fitting for today's color change because it's about a newly formed high school rock band. It's based on a book released in 2007 by Mark Peter Hughes. It's got some super fun songs and a few touching scenes. It's really about these kids chasing a dream and coping with family issues together. I highly recommend it. My husband, who isn't exactly big on cheesy TV movies, even admitted that it was pretty good when I forced him to watch it with me!

While we're on the subject of movies about music based on book, let's talk about Let It Shine.
I'm sure most of the middle-schoolers watching this movie didn't exactly realize the story is based on the play Cyrano de Bergerac, written in 1897 by Edmond Rostand. There was a real Cyrano de Bergerac, and the play is a fictionalization following the broad outlines of his life in the 1600s. This movie's more modern story is about a young talented rapper and song writer who is self-conscious about his image. Because of his insecurity, he lets his friend take credit for the music and romance the girl he has a crush on. Of course, the movie is all about letting your light shine.

More happy changes to report! TinkerBellLiz, Liddypool, and PollyannaMom have all become Pixel Perfect Pink, sophy1996 has become Rocking Red, and I have reached Gotta Go For Green! Hooray!

I think a movie which well encompasses the themes of all of these color changes is The Cheetah Girls.
This movie is about music, changing for the industry, overcoming pride and selfishness, and chasing dreams as 4 friends get discovered and navigate the beginning of their music career. Ultimately, they learn that friendship is more important than a record deal.

There were two other Cheetah Girls movies:
The Cheetah Girls 2 finds the girls in Barcelona, fighting for a chance to compete in a huge music competition while dealing with jealousy and other distractions.
The Cheetah Girls One World is a movie that should not have been made. Raven Symoné played Galleria, the leader of the Cheetah Girls, and they couldn't seem to get her back for the 3rd movie. She was the heart and soul of the movies, so it felt a little lonely without her. This movie takes place in the beautiful setting of India as the 3 other girls compete against each other for the opportunity to star in a Bollywood move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter