Jubilant July Mousekercise Challenge

You know, I find it simply amazing that I can walk almost 10,000 steps in my work day and I can not count ANY of it for this thread LOL, reason being I only allow myself to log my "active minutes" based on what this mean, old fitbit says and she says that although I walked so much, I didn't do any of it for 10 sustained minutes which is how a fitbit calculates active minutes. Oh well, tomorrow I only have a four hour day since its OT for me, so hopefully I can get in some active minutes on the really, really mean old exercise bike??? Its far too hot to even think about going for a hike in one of the local state parks - it had cooled off to 97 when I came home an hour ago!

Now back to your regularly scheduled updates on everyone elses success :cheer2:

Congratulations to our first team members to reach 25% of their goal and Pluto Orange: Amyy, 2manypets, and Sophy1996!

upload_2016-7-9_9-13-32.png

Pluto made his first appearance in the 1930 Mickey Mouse cartoon "The Chain Gang" as a bloodhound on the chase after escaped prisoner Mickey. He was next seen in "The Picnic", but then he was named Rover and was actually Minnie's dog, also in 1930. Only in his 4th appearance in 1931's "The Moose Hunt" does he take his permanent place as Pluto, Mickey's dog and loyal companion.

Also congrats to Kathleen27 for reaching 10% of her goal and Donald Duck Blue!

upload_2016-7-9_9-28-12.png

Did you know that Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy? This can be seen on Donald's draft notice in 1941's "Donald Gets Drafted".
It has always been suggested that the name had its origins from the 1886 book Little Lord Fauntleroy by Frances Hodgson Burnett. A Fauntelroy garment often consisted of a sailor suit and hat, and Little Lord Fauntleroy himself was a well-known spoiled brat.

150 minutes (very conservatively) today. We took a bike tour around Versailles, did quite a bit of walking, then after dinner did some more biking and walking in central Paris. The city is gearing up for the Euro Cup final tomorrow night (France v. Portugal). If France wins, it will be crazy!!

635/1200

There have been some exciting color changes this weekend. Not one, not two, but three color changes :rainbow:!

Congrats to Sophy1996 for being the first team member to reach 50% of her goal and Daisy Duck Purple!

upload_2016-7-11_0-43-6.png

Daisy Duck's first appearance was in Mr. Duck Steps Out (1940).

(part of this was included in the Donald Duck singing and dancing clip shared earlier)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats to LizardQueen8 and myself Saphire5742 for reaching 25% of goal and Pluto Orange!

Just yesterday I received a notification from the youtube channel Mickey Mouse that a new video was added: Pluto's Party. What perfect timing!

Aw, poor Pluto! Those birthday guests were downright rude. At least his pal Mickey took care of him in the end.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And to the newest member to reach 10% of goal and Donald Duck Blue, congrats Scdak!

Speaking of birthdays, enjoy this clip in which Donald's nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie try to buy their uncle a birthday present. Let's just say things don't go as planned....

Way to go everyone! Keep up the great work!

Getting back to normal routines after returning from vacation. The second half of the week was way more active than the first, and I have a total of 4 hours to add - from walking through a museum, some mini-golf, and a full day at Six Flags! We had a fabulous time, and were completely exhausted by the end. - 310/620

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter