Jon and Kate Plus 8 Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted on the other thread, but it might have been missed. I think the reason Kate filed on Monday is financial. I think she is concerned that Jon will continue to spend marital assets and make marital committments (ie apartment lease in NY) which will obligate her. She needed to put a stop to it - and typically marital assets and obligations will be measured as of the date of separation (not sure how it works in PA).

my husband said "why did she have to say all that? why couldn't she just have said it took us longer than we thought to get the crooked houses up and then move on from that topic?"
I hadn't seen the OCC episode before last evening and I thought the same thing about her comments about the scooter they gave her. I understand it was going to charity, but did she really need to say that she was quickly going to get rid of it? Likewise, the snarky crack about how the scooter said "Boy, Girl, Girl, Boy,..." instead of listing the kids' name and that the OCC gang "didn't bother to learn their names" (ignoring the fact that they were spelled out on the chopper's rear fender). Saw any of that really necessary when talking about people that were giving you stuff (even if TLC was paying for it)?

Maybe the PA Dept. of Labor don't see any violations, and don't feel a need to answer to Mr. Petersen. I guess Mr. Petersen considers himself the ultimate authority (and yes, I know who he is and what "A Minor Consideration" is but I still think he was off base).

I don't think the children are being exploited. I think they have a very passive role in the filming. They just have to be and the camera films them. They aren't being forced to stand under hot lights for hours on end without anyone looking out for their best interests. Granted, I don't know what goes on behind the cameras but I seriously doubt it's anything drastic.

Additionally, I guess I was right. The marriage has already been destroyed; looks like the delightful Julie isn't going to stop until she destroys Kate as well. She, Jodi, Kevin and GWOP deserve to marinate in their own nasty swill.

I totally agree!!!

No...there will be too many details to dish throughout the divorce. If J&K don't want the attention, they'll either sit down and share the details so they're not discovered, or find a way to have them sealed somehow. If/when the show stops, people will have nowhere else to go for their "updates" on this family and will rely on the p people for those...it's a vicious cycle. I wonder how long it will be before the next round of pictures and accusations???

I agree.. I don't think this is going to be an "easy, amicable divorce".. Even if the "correct" details are never released, the paparazzi will just make up their own to sell rag sheets..

Every move either one makes will be captured on film - in hopes of finding more scandal..

But what disturbs me the most is that you know the paparazzi always shout out "questions" while snapping away.. The next time Mady & Cara are out anywhere in public the shouts will be, "How do you feel about your parents divorcing?" "Do you miss daddy?" "Did you see the Crooked House episode?" The paps are not "kind, thoughtful, sensitive people".. They will stoop to any level necessary to get a photo, story, statement or scoop.. Children are not "off limits" - and never have been..

Hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if on future episodes of J&K TLC actually interviews Mady & Cara on the "couch".. Last night proved just how low Jon, Kate, and TLC will stoop in the name of money and ratings..

So what happens now? Do the kids have to go into total isolation??

Pathetic..

I don't follow the show as much as I used to but does anyone know where Kate is going to live when Jon is at that house with the children? I don't see her living in the garage or will he only get to be at the house when she is on vacation or at book signings?

By the same token, Jon could have asked her where she thought the houses should go before he started. Point is they both could have handled the situation differently.
It's not clear that he didn't. She was aware of the location beforehand, but hadn't bothered to look at it until the day the truck arrived. It wasn't a secret project on Jon's part conducted with no knowledge on her part. Her objection didn't exist until Day 0.

I think she was really trying to give him a say about where those houses were going. however, he made a bad decision (but hey, he is not used to making decisions so who's surprised? Just remember 2:00am and Jon's decision!). While those are nice woods, it was just too far from the house. Kate thinks most everything through very thoroghly and she had the better idea. In the end, how can you not say anything and allow those houses to be set up in the totally wrong spot?

I didn't say that he had spent months preparing the site, I said he had spend "time" over a period of months.

My point was that Kate had plenty of time to look at, or talk about the site selected. By her own admission she said that she hadn't seen the site even though he had been working on it. What prevent her from at least walking down to the site while Jon wasn't around even if they weren't proactively talking about it? Since when has be decided to be "shy" to Jon about expressing an opinion? If I were Jon. I'd have hit the roof when Kate pulled that last minute stunt. I don't think it was calculated on her part or malicious, but indicative of the behavior that can cause others to throw up their hands and walk away.

I'm sorry - I must have misunderstood! :flower3:

I didn't see anything specifically in the woods marking Jon's idea for the location so it may have been hard for Kate to determine the spot honestly. I'm really not trying to defend or take sides... I think Jon was crazy to think the little kids would be ok running all the way out into the woods to play in a little house. Bad things would happen with my DS4 (5 in three weeks) playing in the woods alone - I can already seen broken bones, getting lost, having an accident because he wouldn't make it back to the house in time, who knows....of course my DS4 is always on the lookout for trouble. Kate did mention during the interview on the rare chances that Jon will talk to her (paraphrasing here), it ends is a fight so maybe the whole talking about the situation just wasn't an option at all. I honestly think Jon had his mind set on the spot and was going forward with what he wanted....I don't know. It all ended well in the sense that the kids got their houses and looked like they had an awesome time with them.

By the same token, Jon could have asked her where she thought the houses should go before he started. Point is they both could have handled the situation differently.

Very true...as I mentioned above, Kate said something last night about not being able to talk to Jon at all so I'm sure that played a role in everything last night. Kate also mentioned being a rough day behind the scenes or something like that so maybe they attempted to talk about it and things didn't go well????

Some day the crew will write a book and make their money I would be willing to bet.

I don't follow the show as much as I used to but does anyone know where Kate is going to live when Jon is at that house with the children? I don't see her living in the garage or will he only get to be at the house when she is on vacation or at book signings?

It was never really mentioned that I heard. I wondered the same thing though...

I think she was really trying to give him a say about where those houses were going. however, he made a bad decision (but hey, he is not used to making decisions so who's surprised? Just remember 2:00am and Jon's decision!). While those are nice woods, it was just too far from the house. Kate thinks most everything through very thoroghly and she had the better idea. In the end, how can you not say anything and allow those houses to be set up in the totally wrong spot?
I don't disagree that the final location was a better one, I only shook my head at the way it all went down. Swooping in at the last minute, usurping the project, and leaving Jon standing there on the outside feeling stupid ain't the way to handle such things... but it was pretty stereotypical of the marriage as presented on TV thus far.

Swooping in at the last minute, usurping the project, and leaving Jon standing there on the outside feeling stupid ain't the way to handle such things

Which again could have been avoided if discussion had taken place before the work was started.

I didn't see anything specifically in the woods marking Jon's idea for the location so it may have been hard for Kate to determine the spot honestly. I'm really not trying to defend or take sides...
I understand, but then you're tearing out tall trees it shouldn't be too hard to locate due to the ground disruption. Also, unless I mis-heard her, Kate stated that she knew the location beforehand, but just hadn't seen it personally.

Which again could have been avoided if discussion had taken place before the work was started.
True, but again, you're stating facts that aren't in evidence. You're assuming they didn't in fact talk about the location. Kate said that she was aware of the location beforehand and didn't become alarmed until she had actually visited the site. Jon could have presented a full Powerpoint presentation with architectural drawings for all we know.

I understand, but then you're tearing out tall trees it shouldn't be too hard to locate due to the ground disruption. Also, unless I mis-heard her, Kate stated that she knew the location beforehand, but just hadn't seen it personally.

Sad. IMO it would have been great to have them where Jon planned. They have ALL this space to spread out and run and play and they seem to be confined to the driveway area most of the time.

What's wrong with taking a picnic lunch down there? Kate said herself she likes to eat outside as much as possible. IMO it's sad to eat right in front of the house when they have this huge spread. Throw it in a cart and take it down to the "grove" where the houses would have been.

IMO - Kate just doesn't like outside much while Jon loves the outdoors. He would have spent a lot of time down there with the kids but I doubt Kate would have taken them down there at all.

I just spent the last hour trying to catch up on everything! OMG! You guys are some fast typers!

I will continue to say that it is sad for everyone involved. It's even more sad that parents would put money and fame ahead of the welfare of their children. They should stop the show, but it sounds like Kate's going to keep on truckin'. So sad.:sad2: Why is it necessary to keep the show? They sould have money in the bank and she can continue with her book deals. Now she has a whole new topic to write about.

Jon had earings on last night? Are you serious?! I can't picture that.

The View is going on about J&K right now. Barbara seems to know alot. she even said " why am I admitting I watch this show'!! All 5 seem to agree..end the show!!

Posted this on part 4, but no one else has mentioned it, just wondering if I heard wrong??

I was just watching the Today show. Kate Coyne, identified as a senior editor for People, just said TLC will broadcast the retrospective next week, then they will be on hiatus for several weeks while the family adjusts to their "new normal." Too bad that didn't happen before now.

I was just watching the Today show. Kate Coyne, identified as a senior editor for People, just said TLC will broadcast the retrospective next week, then they will be on hiatus for several weeks while the family adjusts to their "new normal." Too bad that didn't happen before now.
It's nice to see that someone at TLC finally has some common decency... though they couldn't resist one more grab at the ratings gold last night.

Let's hope it's a "permanent vacation" for the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter