Joining up (again)for some accountabliity!

summersfam4

Mouseketeer
Hi all! Happy Thursday. I used to be a W.I.S.H member, but I fell off the wagon. I got so close to my goal last year and then our financial problems stopped, and we were able to do great things, like eat out, shop, ect which we haven't done in years, and I think that I forgot that the wagon even existed :rolleyes: . That was during the holidays, but after the holidays I found it hard to stop, even though the weight was creeping up on me again. I kept justifying the food I was eating with things, like it's only one, I'm going to exercise tonight anyway, and so forth. In doing so I have slowly lost the great will power that I had :guilty: as my mind can always come up with an excuse of why it's ok. I also wasn't exercising as much as I was promising myself :rolleyes1 . I want to get back to a better healthier/fitter me. I currently do 1+ hour of tae kwon do 3 days per week with my oldest DD, I ride horses 2 days (I live on a small horse farm that I am trying to build into a real farm) these days include cleaning, grooming the horses and riding 1 or 2), then I try to fill in 1 more day with a 1 hour exercise video. I love Billy Blanks TaeBo advanced (the old tape lol) and I am just starting Billy Blanks Ultimate Boot Camp :cheer2: Now you know that with all of this exercising I have been eating REALLY bad to be gaining weight :blush: . This week hasn't been great eating wise as my DD's are on Spring break, My 9th anniversary was yesterday, huge egg hunt/picnic Saturday, and my DD's 3rd birthday Sunday (little family party, big party in 2 weeks). I just need to slow down on the eating of sweets, make sure that my exercise happens, and start to see some results so that I am motivated. I know if others around me are working towards a similar goal, then I'll get back on track! :grouphug: Then I'll see the mouse in September, and be so happy with myself (which is the ultimate goal) :woohoo: .
:wave2:
Hope you don't mind me joining up,
Kelly

Welcome back! I'm on my third month here and the accountability is pretty much the only thing that keeps me motivated. I can find an excuse for anything, but I like being able to share my progress and it feels good to meet my goals The other day I got out my old Tae-Bo tapes too...was 1998 really that long ago? It was hard to do the moves from my constant chuckling. I think I'm going to breakdown and get Billy's Bootcamp - how are you liking that so far? I'm looking for something to mix my routine up a bit. Keep up all that good exercising!

Amy,
I know what you mean, lol, I didn't even think about it being 1998 (my oldest DD was born that year so I really needed the video). I like Billy's boot camp but there are a couple of funny LOL parts where it's just a bit corny and some parts are REALLY tough, but I think all exercise videos are like that. I also have Crunch firm and burn Pilates, and another Crunch video that I like, but I just don't sweat/work (or at least it doesn't feel like it) as hard as I do with TaeBo. I was thinking about trying one of those Salsa/Dance exercise videos (when the kiddo's are sleeping lol). :) Congrats on the Engagement that must have been wonderful at the World! :)
Kelly

I have been reading the WISH boards and have not really "joined" a group so to speak. I will be going to WDW for our family long week vacation in June from the 5th to the 12th.

I use to be very "small" before we got married 15 years ago TODAY!!!! I was size 3 then and I will not say my size now. Yuck!! Since I have been trying to get a lot of weight off before vacation I have lost a total of 7 pounds as of Monday of this week. Yeah me!!! :cheer2:

Congrats on your engagement at the world!!!

That will be hard with birthday parties to deal with.

I have been fighting depression lately and when I get that way I like to have "comfort food". I have NOT been eating it this time though!! :banana:
I am so proud of myself. I just need others to keep me going and to see other making head way so I know that i can do this also.

These boards are wonderful!!!!

Keep up the good work girls!!

I also have the Tae Bo tapes. LOL!!!!

Heather

Congratulations on your return! Kelly

It is wonderful to have you back. You know what you have to do from the explanation of what you are doing. Come here and let us know all about it. We need your support too.

Welcome Amy and Heather.

Join in on any thread and get started on your way.

I look forward to hearing how you are progressing.

:thumbsup2 Wow great going Heather, you are really on your way 7 pounds is a great loss. I understand about the comfort foods, my DH is working long hours this month, and I am homeschooling as well as taking care of everything else and my 3 year old (+birthday this month)too. I noticed about a week ago that when I am stressed, or the girls are fussing about something, I reach for something to chomp on :blush: , so I'm fighting the comfort food battle also.

Thank you for the welcome Tiger Lily (beautiful name). I think I remember you from when I was a previous W.I.S.H member, but it's been years literally. I am definately willing to give support. I know how rocky the journey can be, as well as how rewarding the journey can be, as seven years ago I was 80 pounds heavier than I am now, I just want to finally reach and maintain my goal :hippie: !

Here we go guys :yay: :yay: :yay: exercise, exercise!! A good start to Friday morning!
Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter