Job Application Question?

All I have recieved were a thank you letter saying I was added to the database and another saying thank you for applying for QSFB. Should I call them?

How long have you been waiting? They didn't send me anything else until about a week later about the WBI. And, on top of that, I almost missed it because it went into my spam folder. Make sure to check all your folders. ^^

I filled out the application on April 27. I called casting and they said they haven't sent me an E-mail yet, so I guess I will just keep checking my inbox. Thanks for the help:goodvibes

Has anyone heard anything yet? I still haven't been sent a link to the WBI and I'm starting to get worried. I changed my address on the application to the FL address that I will be staying at in a few weeks. I heard that putting a FL address on the application really boots your chances. Any help anyone?

I interviewed Mon. May 9 at Casting and was told I was a "strong candidate" but because of a small blot on my record (bad check 28 years ago!) they had to run a security check first and would call me in 3-5 days. I haven't heard anything, so I'm planning to call this afternoon to check. I didn't think it would be a problem (I've worked for the Government and been a teacher since then) but I'm starting to get worried.

Teletraan why don't you call Casting and say you just want to check on the status of your application?

Due to my current work, I was unable to work the required 8 weeks for the position :( Originally they were ok with it, but then they changed their minds and said it would be impossible for me to be away for 8 weeks, even though it would have been unpaid.

Casting was super nice about it and told me to call them back in the next few months if anything about my situation changed.

Has anyone heard anything yet? I still haven't been sent a link to the WBI and I'm starting to get worried. I changed my address on the application to the FL address that I will be staying at in a few weeks. I heard that putting a FL address on the application really boots your chances. Any help anyone?

Maybe I am wrong, but I though that if you were/are a cast member whether at the parks or even at the Disney store, you don't have to take the WBI. :confused3 That's just what I have read from others on here.

Due to my current work, I was unable to work the required 8 weeks for the position :( Originally they were ok with it, but then they changed their minds and said it would be impossible for me to be away for 8 weeks, even though it would have been unpaid.

Casting was super nice about it and told me to call them back in the next few months if anything about my situation changed.

Aww, I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you! Hopefully you'll be able to do it in the future :)

I have a question, when you're hired for seasonal does the consecutive 8 weeks need to be the at the start of your employment? Or can it be anytime in the first year you're hired?

I have a question, when you're hired for seasonal does the consecutive 8 weeks need to be the at the start of your employment? Or can it be anytime in the first year you're hired?

I was informed that it must be 8 consecutive weeks initially for training/work, at the start of the employment. After that I would have been able to work anytime as long as I fulfilled the requirements for that role.... in this case merchandise. When I had filled out the online application my work had been ok with the 2 months of me being gone but sadly they changed their minds :(.

Hm. I'm waiting for my rehire paperwork to go through, I've been offered seasonal and I was hoping I wouldn't have to do the 8 weeks immedietly. I can get off work, I just wasn't looking forward to finding a place to stay right away, which is why I wanted seasonal, so I could go down for a week or so at a time and then find an apartment/roommates before planning an actual move down there.
8 weeks is a long time to impose myself on my friends down there.

A way for your application to get noticed is a cast member to refer you. Get his/her perner number and remember on the application there's a drop down box with the question above it saying how did you find out about this job? You click on the box and click cast member referral and you put his/her name and the perner number. That was my case when I filled out my application back in Jan and a couple days later got a call about it and got the job.

Now for attractions, Currently theres a waiting list for it well last time I went to casting to help a friend apply and overheard about it. (They just did an online job fair and new cps are coming in).

As for waiting for background I recommend calling casting at 407-828-1000 and you can find out about your status (be very polite) just press 0 for an operator and they will tell you your status.

As for waiting for background I recommend calling casting at 407-828-1000 and you can find out about your status (be very polite) just press 0 for an operator and they will tell you your status.

I actually did this yesterday afternoon. The girl looked up my info then said, "You need to talk to your recruiter" (should I be worried? :eek: I kind of am!)

She transferred me and of course it went to voice mail, so I left a message but haven't heard anything back (and don't expect to until Monday at least).

Oh well, it's definitely teaching me patience! :)

I actually did this yesterday afternoon. The girl looked up my info then said, "You need to talk to your recruiter" (should I be worried? :eek: I kind of am!)

She transferred me and of course it went to voice mail, so I left a message but haven't heard anything back (and don't expect to until Monday at least).

Oh well, it's definitely teaching me patience! :)

If you don't mind me asking what position are you going for? Anyways yep you have to be patient because recruiters go through many voicemails and go through many interviews during the day so they're swamped with those and paperwork on new hires so they can get it through the system. Call again right before 4:30 on Monday if you don't hear anything!

I applied for Merchandise, with Custodial as my 2nd choice. My recruiter said that I was a strong candidate, so I was really confident, but the more time that passes the more worried I get. I guess I'm afraid that there won't be any openings left by the time they get around to me. Thank you for your encouragement, though!

Oh for those positions they'll get back to you! Just have hope! You're fine! just be on top of it. If you can't raise him/her just visit casting and leave a message for them at the front desk and they'll definitely get your message!

Thanks so much for the encouragement Alby! That does make me feel better. I didn't hear anything yesterday either. The thing is, I live in Alabama but will be moving in with my DD who lives in Orlando (attending college & seasonal CM) if I get the job, so it's hard to plan until I know for sure. And we're actually coming down to visit for a week this Saturday, so it would be nice if I could go ahead and pack everything to move down then. So I'm hoping to hear before then, but if not, I'll definitely visit Casting while I'm there!

Thanks so much for the encouragement Alby! That does make me feel better. I didn't hear anything yesterday either. The thing is, I live in Alabama but will be moving in with my DD who lives in Orlando (attending college & seasonal CM) if I get the job, so it's hard to plan until I know for sure. And we're actually coming down to visit for a week this Saturday, so it would be nice if I could go ahead and pack everything to move down then. So I'm hoping to hear before then, but if not, I'll definitely visit Casting while I'm there!

Hang in there...I am sure everything will be just fine. There were two groups of CPs that also checked in during the same time frame..one group on the 18th and one group yesterday which could be the cause for the slight delay on the background check, since they must run background checks on all of them as well--I would also imagine that they would try to do those checks first so that they can attend traditions. They did tell you 3-5 days and yesterday would have only been the 5th day so I think things will be fine. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I am still bumming that my current work would not let me take a leave of absence for 8 weeks--otherwise I would have started July 10th :(

Thanks Iris! I'm sorry you're not able to do it either - we may have even ended up working together :)
Oh, and I interviewed on May 9, so not counting weekends, yesterday was day 10 - that's why I'm a little worried! That does make sense about the CPs though, so I'll try to be patient a little longer - LOL.

Gah, I'm waiting for my rehire paperwork to go through. It's been a week, I forget how long they told me it could take? I feel like they said up to 6 weeks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!