Jillian and Michael's Disney DREAM Wedding PJ

Alright, ladies, I think you've twisted my arm into opening that Etsy shop, if nothing else, than just for the DIS demand! A name popped into my mind when I woke up this morning :idea: (my body decided to wake up around 6 when I didn't have to be up until 8:30- AND I forgot I had to open until about 2 AM last night!!! Ouch!) It was "For the Love of Mouse" haha, it's not the MOST creative, but I haven't had much time for brainstorming! I was also thinking that i could toss "DISign" at the end of something... Like "Soapy Mouse DISign" but I'm also partial to Disney-like words like Fairytale, Pixie Dust, Princess, etc princess: feedback?

Hi Jillian! :goodvibes That's fantastic news! I think people will really respond to your soaps! They're really cute. Like you said, you should be able to make the Mickey heads and other non-Disney soaps without worrying about a conflict of interest. I think "For the Love of Mouse" is a cute name! Or you could do something like, "Wish Upon a Star DISigns", "With a Little Bit of Pixie Dust", Etc.

Okay, ladies. I feel totally guilty that I didn't do ANY soaping on my days off! I didn't even package the soaps that I made last week! Bad bride, BAD bride! Okay, I wasn't TOTALLY unproductive! I downloaded a free image-editing software (gimp) and I started working on mickey name tags for the doors. Originally, I'd only planned to use the blank ones that I'd gotten from DIS-igner milliepie and I'd fill in the names, but even when I gave my guests a list of available characters, I STILL got requests for other characters! My brother wanted Mufasa, his wife wanted King Louie, My other brother wanted Kronk, a friend wanted Eve, someone else wanted the white rabbit... ALL characters I didn't have! SO, I downloaded the software and got to working- I admit, as a former graphic design student, I'm a bit ashamed of myself because I'm not familiar with gimp and its interface and tools, but I think they'll be good enough for the job! What I did is put the plain black mickey silhouette in a layer underneath the photo I found on the internet, then I set the transparency to about 80-90% so you could see the mickey silhouette, then I added the text- All in "Waltograph" type (Thank you, dafont.com!) Then once printed, I'm going to get them laminated and cut out the mickey, then add pieces of sticky-backed magnets to them. Voila! You have nametag magnets!

Can I just commend you on how ADORABLE your door magnets are?! So jealous! I am hoping to make something similar for each of our guests, and I don't think mine will look nearly as amazing! So impressed! I think your guests will be super excited to have such a neat personalized item to decorate their stateroom doors :)

Hi Ginger-

You are right about feeling like sisters/comrades. My VR is right after yours and I can't wait to see yours and Jillian's photos.

I've had the big wedding, so I guess that's why I'm not stressing over this. It seems so simple than planning the wedding like you 2. Mine will be small and intimate and am just looking for a couple of things for favors.

Are you guys doing a program for the wedding? I've been tossing that idea around.

Maybe if we keep pushing Jillian she'll get that Etsy shop opened.:rotfl2

Hi Judy :goodvibes
I think simple is better, haha. I definitely think at times that I've bit off more than I needed. Small and intimate sounds lovely!

We are planning on doing a program. I've got to work out whether I'd like to do a more traditional, fan-style, or a luggage tag style program... So many options... I had such a great experience with Victoria Ann of Something Printable that I think I'll work with her again on a program and a wedding weekend schedule. I think programs are a nice and easy way of bringing another degree of personalization to a wedding...Have you thought about the type you may want to do?

Hehe, looks like Jillian may be starting to cave to our DIS bride peer pressure to open an Etsy shop :laughing: I think she's very talented, and her crafts will fit in very well on Etsy.

Hi Judy :goodvibes
I think simple is better, haha. I definitely think at times that I've bit off more than I needed. Small and intimate sounds lovely!

We are planning on doing a program. I've got to work out whether I'd like to do a more traditional, fan-style, or a luggage tag style program... So many options... I had such a great experience with Victoria Ann of Something Printable that I think I'll work with her again on a program and a wedding weekend schedule. I think programs are a nice and easy way of bringing another degree of personalization to a wedding...Have you thought about the type you may want to do?

Hehe, looks like Jillian may be starting to cave to our DIS bride peer pressure to open an Etsy shop :laughing: I think she's very talented, and her crafts will fit in very well on Etsy.

Simple is the way to go for me especially with 3 boys to take care of.

I haven't decided on what type of program yet. Kinda leaning towards a scroll of some type to keep with my Cinderella theme.

I'm counting on you and Jillian with photo spot ideas on the ship. I plan on being prepared with the Shutters photographers, especially since time will be of the essence.

Jillian-

Love you magnet designs!! I still don't have any VR specific magnets yet, and I still have to poll my guests who their favorite character is so that I can make some magnets for them as well.

BTW-had to share a story with you. This morning found out thru a travel agent friend that Florida Resident rates were now available for some Sept sailings. I looked into the prices, any cat 5 verandah for $345/pp for 1st and 2nd and $258 for 3rd 4th for the 3 nites. I was so tempted, but couldn't convice my DH since I'm going Aug 5th. I pondered the 13th because the kids are out of school on the 14th. So, called my BFF to let her know because she wants to be Platinum before her Alaska cruise next year (she's 2 away). She goes and books it and I went to go look at the meet thread for her, and realized this was your cruise. I told her she has to stop by and say hi to you. She's the one who can't come to the VR because of work. I have been telling her about your story and your soaps and your kind offer. She was with me looking for the muffin pans last weekend, but we spent money on one of the new Dooney purses. I would really love to be go on the cruise and see you on your wedding day.

I haven't decided on what type of program yet. Kinda leaning towards a scroll of some type to keep with my Cinderella theme.

I'm counting on you and Jillian with photo spot ideas on the ship. I plan on being prepared with the Shutters photographers, especially since time will be of the essence.

I would LOVE to be your inspiration for wedding shots :) Since I've got two photographers all day long, I hope to have LOTS of options and I'll make sure everything I get is in a photobucket album for me DIS gals to read!

Jillian-

Love you magnet designs!! I still don't have any VR specific magnets yet, and I still have to poll my guests who their favorite character is so that I can make some magnets for them as well.

BTW-had to share a story with you. This morning found out thru a travel agent friend that Florida Resident rates were now available for some Sept sailings. I looked into the prices, any cat 5 verandah for $345/pp for 1st and 2nd and $258 for 3rd 4th for the 3 nites. I was so tempted, but couldn't convince my DH since I'm going Aug 5th. I pondered the 13th because the kids are out of school on the 14th. So, called my BFF to let her know because she wants to be Platinum before her Alaska cruise next year (she's 2 away). She goes and books it and I went to go look at the meet thread for her, and realized this was your cruise. I told her she has to stop by and say hi to you. She's the one who can't come to the VR because of work. I have been telling her about your story and your soaps and your kind offer. She was with me looking for the muffin pans last weekend, but we spent money on one of the new Dooney purses. I would really love to be go on the cruise and see you on your wedding day.

That is so cool! What a small world! Nobody in my meet group seems even REMOTELY interested in me or the fact that I'm getting married, they're just hell-bent on their fish extenders! Definitely have your BFF stop me and take a picture for you! Of course, I think you should come on my cruise, too. Duh ;) Do some more convincing! I have faith in you! I'm not a huge fan of the Dooney purses (They're cute, but I'm a Coach lover) but I LOVE the cruise line versions of the D&B bags!!! Maybe if I have enough stateroom credit on my account, I'll buy one... Hmmm... :rolleyes:

I posted a response on my PJ to your question about places too, but I just saw that you have a Cinderella theme. DH and I did too, in a way. I suggest then that you make your way to the Cinderella mosaic right in front of the Guest Services desk. As you pass the desk heading to the Walt Disney theater, it's on the left hand wall. There's usually a velvet chair sitting in front of it. princess:

Alrighty, ladies! I'm starting to get super stressed! All those months thinking "OH, I've got plenty of time to..." and "I'll have saved up enough by then..." etc etc... Okay, well... It's crunch time! I officially have my paperwork back from the cruise line and I have the forms to submit the final payments for all of the 'extras' but in my case it's only the $20/guest fee and the 5 Mickey Crystals I'm adding to my bouquet (Did you know that they raised the price from $6 each to $9? That's $15 extra for the same darn thing! Grr). My ceremony and reception are being held in the D Lounge, as I've been dreading. It'll be fine, I know- but of all of the breathtakingly beautiful spots on the ship, I don't consider D-Lounge to be one of them! *sighs* And my event is happening from 4-5 PM plenty of time to take photos before and afterwards and my guests can still catch the stage show and make it to dinner while all dressed up. I submitted my seating plan to Meredith about 12-hours after she gave me the tables (one 10-top, three 6-tops, and five 4-tops.) What is unfortunate about submitting the seating chart is that ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES can be made after it's been submitted (also, guests in the same room cannot be split up between different tables).

Okay, So I guess I didn't LEARN a lot from getting my paperwork back. A lot of it was just a regurgitated version of my planning guide. One thing I did notice was that they cut the "parents/grandparents" seating song... It just vanished! I wasn't that attached to that song, so I'm not too worried about it. Just be warned if you pick a special song for that part that it might be scrapped!

Okay, now for some fun stuff including Show and Tell! The person who made the floral for my wedding party made an additional bouquet for me to use for my legal ceremony (I think it's in the pictures in another post) but he used these periwinkle/pale blue flowers amidst the pink, red, and white... Not a great look, I really don't like it at all. SO instead, I ordered a BLUE feather bouquet and matching boutonniere for my legal ceremony! Now, This isn't the one yet, but it'll be similar- I only asked that she flip/flop the amount of blue with the amount of white so it's MOSTLY blue with ivory feather accents. This will perfectly match my blue heels and ivory dress for the legal ceremony, and I can carry it around today for fun!
FeatherBouquet.jpg
FeatherBoutonniere.jpg

I was recently nudged by Michael who was nudged by his mother (who was probably nudged by somebody else!) that I hadn't gotten to the parents of the Flower Girls about their dresses! SO I sent a photo of my dress to their dad and hopefully they get dresses that compliment mine! Either way, they're two adorable sisters that are 2 and 4 years old and they'll look great regardless! SO, after thinking about what I should do for the flower girls, I started searching Etsy and I convo'ed a couple sellers and Victoria of Sweet Metal Jewels caught my attention and started working on my order right away (even before I'd paid!) With her help, I altered one of her flower fascinator hair clips to make it smaller, changed the color of the feather, and added a hidden mickey! Just today she sent me photos of the first one completed! It's darling! I'm having them made mirror image so they'll be visible when they're walking down the aisle side-by-side.
FGFascinator1.jpg
FGFascinator2.jpg

And while on Etsy purchasing those two above items (I can't wait to get them!!!) I also ordered some parts to make (AS IF I NEED ANOTHER PROJECT :lmao:) pendant necklaces for the flower girls and my maid of honor. I purchased some Swarovski crystal pendants- Two of the sparkly clear ones for the girls and a Bermuda Blue one for my MOH. (I also got a larger starfish like the FG's for me, too! I might have added a Swarovski Clam shell too! haha) The pendants were only a few dollars each, I bought 20 pinch-bails and I got 4 chains. MUCH cheaper than if I'd bought them pre-assembled from another seller! Use your imagination for a finished product! Here's pictures:
StarfishClear.jpg
StarfishBermudaBlue.jpg
ClamShellPendant.jpg

I don't yet have earrings to wear with my wedding ensemble :( There are earrings that came with the necklace I purchased, but I don't love them. I went to the Kay Jeweler site to see if they had anything more my speed. If you are following me on pinterest *cough*ginger*cough* then you can see some of the MORE expensive items that I will not be purchasing. BUT here's a couple relatively inexpensive items I'm putting on the Kay card. First up are Blue, Blue, and Blue dangle pearl earrings to go with (you guessed it) my blue and white outfit for the embarkation day! Okay, they won't match the royal blue feather bouquet, but they're pretty and I love them- only $42! The next picture is of some small silver sand dollars that I'm going to give to my MOH :) They're only $22 and super cute and super perfect for my beach loving future coastguard MOH!
1BluePearlEarrings.jpg
1SilverDollarEarrings.jpg

Alright, photo time is over for now :sad1: I think Show and Tell is my favorite part of my PJ!

Good News, Bad News for my bath salt project. I'm scrapping everything I've made so far. Oh, I'm not throwing it away, OH NO! I'll have plenty of bath salts to use for a LONG time! I may start giving zip-lock baggies to friends if I get sick of them :rotfl: BUT I tried something new and it DIDN'T clump, not even days later! I think my original problem is that the Baking Soda, the Citric Acid, and the Dendric Salt were all powder-fine in texture. The Sea Salt and the Epsom salts were large chunky crystals. I think the combination of the fine ingredients with the oils and some liquid-glycerin diluted colorants made everything stick together in big clumps. But a few days ago, I added the chunky Sea Salt with the chunky Epsom salt, some mica colorants
(dry colorants) a small amount of Baking soda and less sweet almond oil and fragrance oil. The jar I made is still loose and perfect! Success! So now I'm just going to go to Walgreens and buy a big tub of Epsom salts and I got my big tub of Sea Salt from Hobby Lobby :) I'm hoping to get that project out of the way on my next day off!

I know everything will work out and I'll (eventually) get everything done, but right now I'm getting super stressed about it all and I'm starting to lose my marbles! I've got so much on my mind that it's started to give up! For example, at work today, I called something pink that was actually yellow... TWICE! Yesterday at Work, I was delivering pretzels and churros to a cart called Pretzel Garden and I forgot the pretzels in the kitchen! And at home today I've had about 3 different slip-ups where my brain chose the wrong for what I was trying to communicate! I'm hoping my several days off next week for my Chicagoland trip will help by seeing my DM and my MOH for my color and perm, bridal shower, and final fittings, but I'm afraid it'll just bring up more and more and more little things that I need to get done! So, my dear ladies, I appreciate any advice for keeping cool! Also, wish me luck and sanity as I enter the last month and 10 days until I tie the know! I'm starting to wish it was time for the wedding so it can be over with and I don't have so much stressing me out :rotfl2: Of course I'm looking forward to the wedding, and it'll be bittersweet when it's over, but I'm hoping that opening an Etsy shop will keep me from being bored and help me flourish creatively! I bid you adieu, and Happy Planning to you!

JBeanBunny said:
Alrighty, ladies! I'm starting to get super stressed! All those months thinking "OH, I've got plenty of time to..." and "I'll have saved up enough by then..." etc etc... Okay, well... It's crunch time! I officially have my paperwork back from the cruise line and I have the forms to submit the final payments for all of the 'extras' but in my case it's only the $20/guest fee and the 5 Mickey Crystals I'm adding to my bouquet (Did you know that they raised the price from $6 each to $9? That's $15 extra for the same darn thing! Grr). My ceremony and reception are being held in the D Lounge, as I've been dreading. It'll be fine, I know- but of all of the breathtakingly beautiful spots on the ship, I don't consider D-Lounge to be one of them! *sighs* And my event is happening from 4-5 PM plenty of time to take photos before and afterwards and my guests can still catch the stage show and make it to dinner while all dressed up. I submitted my seating plan to Meredith about 12-hours after she gave me the tables (one 10-top, three 6-tops, and five 4-tops.) What is unfortunate about submitting the seating chart is that ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES can be made after it's been submitted (also, guests in the same room cannot be split up between different tables).

Okay, So I guess I didn't LEARN a lot from getting my paperwork back. A lot of it was just a regurgitated version of my planning guide. One thing I did notice was that they cut the "parents/grandparents" seating song... It just vanished! I wasn't that attached to that song, so I'm not too worried about it. Just be warned if you pick a special song for that part that it might be scrapped!

Okay, now for some fun stuff including Show and Tell! The person who made the floral for my wedding party made an additional bouquet for me to use for my legal ceremony (I think it's in the pictures in another post) but he used these periwinkle/pale blue flowers amidst the pink, red, and white... Not a great look, I really don't like it at all. SO instead, I ordered a BLUE feather bouquet and matching boutonniere for my legal ceremony! Now, This isn't the one yet, but it'll be similar- I only asked that she flip/flop the amount of blue with the amount of white so it's MOSTLY blue with ivory feathers.

I was recently nudged by Michael who was nudged by his mother (who was probably nudged by somebody else!) that I hadn't gotten to the parents of the Flower Girls about their dresses! SO I sent a photo of my dress to their dad and hopefully they get dresses that compliment mine! Either way, they're two adorable sisters that are 2 and 4 years old and they'll look great regardless! SO, after thinking about what I should do for the flower girls, I started searching Etsy and I convo'ed a couple sellers and Victoria of Sweet Metal Jewels caught my attention and started working on my order right away (even before I'd paid!) With her help, I altered one of her flower fascinator hair clips to make it smaller, changed the color of the feather, and added a hidden mickey! Just today she sent me photos of the first one completed! It's darling! I'm having them made mirror image so they'll be visible when they're walking down the aisle side-by-side.

And while on Etsy purchasing those two above items (I can't wait to get them!!!) I also ordered some parts to make (AS IF I NEED ANOTHER PROJECT :lmao:) pendant necklaces for the flower girls and my maid of honor. I purchased some Swarovski crystal pendants- Two of the sparkly clear ones for the girls and a Bermuda Blue one for my MOH. (I also got a larger starfish like the FG's for me, too! I might have added a Swarovski Clam shell too! haha) The pendants were only a few dollars each, I bought 20 pinch-bails and I got 4 chains. MUCH cheaper than if I'd bought them pre-assembled from another seller! Use your imagination for a finished product! Here's pictures:

Alright, photo time is over for now :sad1: I think Show and Tell is my favorite part of my PJ!

Good News, Bad News for my bath salt project. I'm scrapping everything I've made so far. Oh, I'm not throwing it away, OH NO! I'll have plenty of bath salts to use for a LONG time! I may start giving zip-lock baggies to friends if I get sick of them :rotfl: BUT I tried something new and it DIDN'T clump, not even days later! I think my original problem is that the Baking Soda, the Citric Acid, and the Dendric Salt were all powder-fine in texture. The Sea Salt and the Epsom salts were large chunky crystals. I think the combination of the fine ingredients with the oils and some liquid-glycerin diluted colorants made everything stick together in big clumps. But a few days ago, I added the chunky Sea Salt with the chunky Epsom salt, some mica colorants
(dry colorants) a small amount of Baking soda and less sweet almond oil and fragrance oil. The jar I made is still loose and perfect! Success! So now I'm just going to go to Walgreens and buy a big tub of Epsom salts and I got my big tub of Sea Salt from Hobby Lobby :) I'm hoping to get that project out of the way on my next day off!

I know everything will work out and I'll (eventually) get everything done, but right now I'm getting super stressed about it all and I'm starting to lose my marbles! I've got so much on my mind that it's started to give up! For example, at work today, I called something pink that was actually yellow... TWICE! Yesterday at Work, I was delivering pretzels and churros to a cart called Pretzel Garden and I forgot the pretzels in the kitchen! And at home today I've had about 3 different slip-ups where my brain chose the wrong for what I was trying to communicate! I'm hoping my several days off next week for my Chicagoland trip will help by seeing my DM and my MOH for my color and perm, bridal shower, and final fittings, but I'm afraid it'll just bring up more and more and more little things that I need to get done! So, my dear ladies, I appreciate any advice for keeping cool! Also, wish me luck and sanity as I enter the last month and 10 days until I tie the know! I'm starting to wish it was time for the wedding so it can be over with and I don't have so much stressing me out :rotfl2: Of course I'm looking forward to the wedding, and it'll be bittersweet when it's over, but I'm hoping that opening an Etsy shop will keep me from being bored and help me flourish creatively! I bid you adieu, and Happy Planning to you!

Everything will turn out great, I can't wait for your full report & pics once your back home.

Hi Jillian!! :goodvibes
Yay for receiving your paperwork in the mail!! I know you're disappointed to hear that the wedding will be held in D-Lounge, but I have no doubt, that it will be amazing in spite of this. You won't be in the area long, and maybe you can go elsewhere--maybe somewhere else scenic-- to take photos with your guests. Are you and Michael still planning on taking photos in Nassau--e.g. at the Ocean Club?

The timing of your ceremony is great! Everything will flow well =) Wish CC ceremonies were a bit more seamless with their timing.

Thanks for letting me know about the particulars with regards to the seating chart! We're currently still getting RSVPs back, but I know I'll need to work out seating arrangements soon. That's interesting about the parents' song! I guess I'll put something on the PG, but won't be surprised now if they cut it

Your bouquet for your legal ceremony is so fun! Love it!! Sounds like it will look great with your outfit! I also adore the fascinators for the Flower Girls! That'll be so cute! The hidden Mickey is a great touch! Sadly, there are no little girls in my family, so we'll only have a ring bearer. He's only 1 though, and has personality plus so I'm sure he'll fill the absence :)

The necklaces components for your bridal party look great!! :goodvibes Can't wait to see the final product! I also LOVE the earrings you found for your legal ceremony! So perfect!

Awesome news that you've worked the bath salts out!! I know the project provided more stress than you probably wanted, but I'm sure your guests will be so thrilled with them! Hehe, bonus, now you'll have lots of spare salts for bath indulgences.

I can totally understand the stress you're feeling--there's just so much pressure associated with planning a wedding. I guess the big thing to remember is you've done most of the leg work already, and you want to be able to look back at this in 10 years and recall how much you really enjoyed the experience. So try (I know it's hard) not to fret about the little things-- there's no doubting you'll have a beautiful and enjoyable wedding!

Enjoy your time in Chicago!! :wave2: Safe travels!

Jillian, you crack me up. All your little projects will make your edding so special and one of a kind. I think it will be wonderful.

If you are cool with it, I am so borrowing the pixie dust idea for my vow renewal. That is totally awsome.;)

Everything will turn out great, I can't wait for your full report & pics once your back home.

I know deep down that everything will turn out great, but I can't help but panic every now and then! There's just A LOT that I need to get done and I'm finding it difficult to juggle wedding things with my very full schedule! And don't worry about there being a lack of photos- I'll password-protect an album just for you DIS-gals!

Hi Jillian!! :goodvibes
Yay for receiving your paperwork in the mail!! I know you're disappointed to hear that the wedding will be held in D-Lounge, but I have no doubt, that it will be amazing in spite of this. You won't be in the area long, and maybe you can go elsewhere--maybe somewhere else scenic-- to take photos with your guests. Are you and Michael still planning on taking photos in Nassau--e.g. at the Ocean Club?

The timing of your ceremony is great! Everything will flow well =) Wish CC ceremonies were a bit more seamless with their timing.

Thanks for letting me know about the particulars with regards to the seating chart! We're currently still getting RSVPs back, but I know I'll need to work out seating arrangements soon. That's interesting about the parents' song! I guess I'll put something on the PG, but won't be surprised now if they cut it

Your bouquet for your legal ceremony is so fun! Love it!! Sounds like it will look great with your outfit! I also adore the fascinators for the Flower Girls! That'll be so cute! The hidden Mickey is a great touch! Sadly, there are no little girls in my family, so we'll only have a ring bearer. He's only 1 though, and has personality plus so I'm sure he'll fill the absence :)

The necklaces components for your bridal party look great!! :goodvibes Can't wait to see the final product! I also LOVE the earrings you found for your legal ceremony! So perfect!

Awesome news that you've worked the bath salts out!! I know the project provided more stress than you probably wanted, but I'm sure your guests will be so thrilled with them! Hehe, bonus, now you'll have lots of spare salts for bath indulgences.

I can totally understand the stress you're feeling--there's just so much pressure associated with planning a wedding. I guess the big thing to remember is you've done most of the leg work already, and you want to be able to look back at this in 10 years and recall how much you really enjoyed the experience. So try (I know it's hard) not to fret about the little things-- there's no doubting you'll have a beautiful and enjoyable wedding!

Enjoy your time in Chicago!! :wave2: Safe travels!

Ginger, you always have the best things to say! Thanks for the pick-me-up! I hope I can be there for you with words of wisdom when it gets closer to your date! Seriously, though! I go through such ups and downs with the wedding stress. Sometimes I'm completely calm and serene, and other times I'm a nervous wreck! Good thing Michael knows how to be there for me when and how I need it! I worked 13 hours and 32 minutes yesterday and when I came home he made me dinner, turned on a TV show I liked, and rubbed the tension out of my feet after a long day standing up :lovestruc Remember- no matter how stressful the planning is, in the end you get to marry your soul mate!!!

I do plan to take tons of photos throughout the ship- that's probably the #1 reason why I needed to do the "research" cruise so I could familiarize myself with every beautiful nook and cranny! (Also the reason I NEEDED to bring my own photographer along with me!) I don't think I'll wind up having time to disembark the ship to take beach photos or go all the way to Cloisters, unfortunately :sad1: we may disembark for a few minutes to get a photo in front of the Dream when it's docked. I'm sure we can come up with some cool photos out there! I would also like to do family photos after the ceremony by the grand staircase, but I'm afraid that since my event will be over around 5, DCL would've already set up THEIR photographer at the staircase to sell photos to cruise patrons. The atrium gets CRAZY busy in the evening time!

I can't WAIT to see the photos of my actual feather bouquet and feather boutonniere! It was just one of those things I stumbled upon while meandering Etsy (a dangerous thing, just like craft stores and pinterest!) and after getting the 'go ahead' from my mom, I just popped in and purchased it! Of course, I'm also dying to get all of the supplies for the necklaces (I hope the bails fit the pendants, otherwise it's another trip to JoAnn's!) and I can't wait to get the pink fascinators, either! I'm afraid that since the girls are so young that the alligator clips may be too strong for baby-fine hair, so I may buy some ribbon to attach it to. I'm also thinking that the 16" chains I bought may be too long, so I may also use ribbon or silk cord as an alternative for those too. I know what you mean about not having enough children come along- you'd think that a "Disney" wedding would attract more families!! But since I only have two little girls, I'm having two flower girls instead of a ring bearer since there's no little boys coming along!

Ahh! I can't wait to go to Chicagoland! This trip has been tentatively scheduled all year and I can't believe it's already here! In just 4 days I get to see my mommy and I'm getting my hair permed, in just 5 days my BFF/MOH flies in and I have my bridal shower, and in just 6 and 7 days I get to have my final dress fittings and take my dress home with me! What a whirlwind trip this is going to be! :hyper:

Jillian, you crack me up. All your little projects will make your wedding so special and one of a kind. I think it will be wonderful.

If you are cool with it, I am so borrowing the pixie dust idea for my vow renewal. That is totally awsome.;)

Haha, Thanks! I know my sleep deprivation and my stress has caused me to be a little crazy and it provides good entertainment for those at work and for my friends! I tend to turn into my own comic relief when I get like this- Hey, if you can't amuse yourself then life's going to be pretty boring! Thanks for the compliments about all of my little projects- Some days I think I should've just paid somebody to do everything for me, but I know that overall I've enjoyed every minutes of the DIY bug! By all means, Steal my Pixie Dust idea! The small vials I got were seed-bead organizers in the jewelry section of JoAnn's, then I just mixed about 7 kinds of iridescent glitter together, filled them, and GLUED THEM SHUT!! haha, I can't believe so many of my friends had actually thought that it was something they were supposed to throw it on us like rice or confetti! But I'm sure if/when I open my etsy shop after my wedding, I'll throw on some pixie dust vials in there, too! I'm really leaning towards "For the Love of Mouse" or "Oh, for the Love of Mouse!" as the shop name- So far it's Michael's favorite, too :goodvibes

Ahh, Kristin (of Kristin Danger Designs on Etsy) just sent me pictures of my feather bouquet and boutonniere! Take a peek!
MYfeatherbouquet.jpg
MYfeatherbouquetandboutonniere.jpg
MYMichaelsboutonniere.jpg

I also got a lot of work accomplished on my favor bags- something I've been putting off for a LONG time. I made all of the flowers with gems on the inside... I basically dissembled a TON of JoAnn's flowers and reassembled them in pretty color combinations with a heckuvalotta hot glue. I'll have to go in later and take off all of those hot glue "cobwebs" later! I also used a Martha Stewart stencil and painted some filigree onto the welcome bags around my wedding logo. Can I just say... I HATE USING STENCILS!!! They're so messy and difficult and frustrating! But I got 10 done today, so there's only (hah, "only") 16 left to do. Yuck. I wish I'd done as Ginger did and ordered gorgeous totes online! After I get one completed, I'll take pictures and you can tell me what you think. To me, they've been such a hassle that no matter what I do to them, they'll never be how I want them! The curse of an artist- there's always SOMETHING that could be better!!!

More on that later...

Hi Jillian,

I really like the feather bouquet what a neat idea. I am sure your welcome bags are gonna come out great and I look forward to seeing the final results. I hope you have a fun and relaxing trip to Chicago. Are you getting nervous that your wedding is so close?? Please let me know when you get your Esty shop up and going. I like the name For love of Mouse

Jodi

I feel like I've wasted a day off... Okay, I got a few things accomplished- had to buy a new battery for my car since it wouldn't start yesterday. Boo! So after I had my car fixed, I headed out and got a tan (went up from 8 minutes to 9 minutes!) then I came home and took a nap... oops! Afterwards, I checked the mail and ALREADY got a few of my small etsy items! I got the pinch bails, the 20" chains, and the flower girl starfish! It took about 5 minutes (IF that) to assemble the FG necklaces! I bought them 16" chains, but since they're 2 and 4 years old, I figure that may be too long... So I'm going to give them both 16" chains AND the sheer white ribbon. the 16mm starfish are so teeny, so I think they'll look great on the little girls! I made a "photo booth" out of a regular foam board and took some pictures- gotta get some practice if I'm going to open an Etsy shop!! I also snapped a photo of the blue bags for y'all! If the flowers look off, it's because they haven't been glued down yet! Hmm, I've also started to scoop out the old bath salts so I can start making the new ones! It's really quite quick to make those bath salts, so once I get to it, it'll be done in no time! OH! And I got my cruise documents today! Huzzah! I guess it's coming pretty close to that time, isn't it???

Picture Time!
IMG_0431.jpg
IMG_0433.jpg
IMG_0429.jpg
IMG_0430.jpg
2012-08-08_14-43-28_8.jpg

Enjoy! :figment:

Those necklaces are too cute:love: Those lil girls will be adorable in them.

As a diy-er, it is impossible for you to pay someone to do the stuff for you. All you will do is say, I can make that for cheaper or better;) Been there done. It is my DH frustration:rotfl:

I do have a request, could you help a fellow diy-er out and take a pic of either of the DCL new boats for me? A side view? I want to use it on a magnet for a save the date and I can't find a pic that I like:headache:

I want to start working on on those a letter to give family most notice as possible for our vow renewal.

I hope you have a great research cruise

Those necklaces are too cute:love: Those lil girls will be adorable in them.

As a diy-er, it is impossible for you to pay someone to do the stuff for you. All you will do is say, I can make that for cheaper or better;) Been there done. It is my DH frustration:rotfl:

I do have a request, could you help a fellow diy-er out and take a pic of either of the DCL new boats for me? A side view? I want to use it on a magnet for a save the date and I can't find a pic that I like:headache:

I want to start working on on those a letter to give family most notice as possible for our vow renewal.

I hope you have a great research cruise

My "Research" cruise was way back in January, I'm going on the Dream in 34 days for my wedding!!!

I completely understand about being very DIY and seeing something and thinking "I could do that myself" if not better or cheaper, than at least for the experience of doing it and learning something new! I always feel so accomplished when I take on a new project and it turns out great!!

I can't say that I'll get any good images of the Dream's profile, unfortunately. As I remember from my last cruise, the only good shots would be from another boat while at sea. When you're docked, you're too close to the ship to get a straight image, and if you're farther away, then there's things in the way. I'll try to keep you in mind, but I'll warn you that with all of these wedding preparations, I've got "Wedding Brain" which causes me to use the wrong words, makes me forget why I've walked into a room, and sometimes it makes me stare off into the distance and space out on whatever somebody was telling me. Oh, I look forward to my wedding, of course, but I'm ALSO looking forward to being sane again after everything is over and life returns to normal! haha!

My "Research" cruise was way back in January, I'm going on the Dream in 34 days for my wedding!!!

I completely understand about being very DIY and seeing something and thinking "I could do that myself" if not better or cheaper, than at least for the experience of doing it and learning something new! I always feel so accomplished when I take on a new project and it turns out great!!

I can't say that I'll get any good images of the Dream's profile, unfortunately. As I remember from my last cruise, the only good shots would be from another boat while at sea. When you're docked, you're too close to the ship to get a straight image, and if you're farther away, then there's things in the way. I'll try to keep you in mind, but I'll warn you that with all of these wedding preparations, I've got "Wedding Brain" which causes me to use the wrong words, makes me forget why I've walked into a room, and sometimes it makes me stare off into the distance and space out on whatever somebody was telling me. Oh, I look forward to my wedding, of course, but I'm ALSO looking forward to being sane again after everything is over and life returns to normal! haha!

No worries, you have wedding brain and I have vbs brain:rotfl2: If you can get any pics of the Dream that would be awsome. But if you are having way too much fun on your wedding cruise, no worries. That of course is more important than some stranger you met on the DIS chat rooms ;)

A month to go, are you super excited and nervous? It is going to be great:thumbsup2

Alittle :wizard: for you

No worries, you have wedding brain and I have vbs brain:rotfl2: If you can get any pics of the Dream that would be awsome. But if you are having way too much fun on your wedding cruise, no worries. That of course is more important than some stranger you met on the DIS chat rooms ;)

A month to go, are you super excited and nervous? It is going to be great:thumbsup2

Alittle :wizard: for you

I had posted here that I was doing a research cruise. I do have pics of the ship-one from the internet and a few from Castaway last November. I don't want to hijack Jillian's thread with all the photos. A couple are pretty cool. It looks like the ship is sitting on the sand. Took it from our cabana. I will get them into photobucket and can PM them to you.

Jillian-

You have been busy while I've been away. I love everything you have done. I like your tote bags, almost making me wanting to do them. Staying on course.....gotta clear the closet with the castaway bags I have!!

Congrats on table 82...I'm gonna request that as well. I never paid attention where that table was in the other dining rooms though.

You are so close now. I just started filling out my paperwork and i already have questions for Meredith.

I spent alot of time in D Lounge this last cruise. My son wanted to play Bingo. We were in there for every session.

I went and talked to the people I knew on board. Pietro who used to be the Manager of Palo is now an officer and I believe official title of Food and Beverage Manager. I talked to him about seating and assigning seats to the guests and table configuration I would need. He said no problem. I have families who do not want to sit next to each other. Then went up to Palo and the manager there Zita was my head server from November and she remembered me. She said she could squeeze 15 into the private room-so problem solved there. Shutters manager-didn't know her very well, but found out the person I do know Lui will be there in Nov so will talk to him to give me the best photographer. Saw alot of new ones this trip.

Where did you get your sheet music from? For our first dance I wanted to have Once in a Lifetime by Michael Bolton. It was our first dance from our wedding. Don't know if the pianist is playing it or do I just put the song on a CD.

You're not going to believe what I'm doing now....you know our anniversary is coming up next month and I wanted to reveal the vr to DH then, but just didn't know how. Another bride suggested that I propose to him, so I was going to do that on our anniv weekend. Well I come back and find out they release Fl res rates for our anniv weekend-Sept 20th 3 nite sailing. So, I figured if we go away for the weekend somewhere with hotel and food and such it would be about the same for the cruise. So, I just booked it yesterday. Will propose to him on the ship. Now I need some creative ideas....where and how?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter