Jetsgo Advice

CdnDisneyNut

<font color=coral>What way does the "C" go again?<
I am in the planning stages on a trip in May. Doing some web surfing and found a great deal with Jetsgo. The only problem is that they fly into Sanford and not MCO. How much more is the shuttles (Mears) or limos from Sanford than MCO. I know that the airport is an extra 20 to 30 minutes from the world. Would the extra cost negate the cheap airfare?
How about Jetsgo service? Are they regularly on time?

I'm not sure how much farther it is but it seems most of the towncar companies do charge more for a pickup. Cartier for example, charges $90 to most Disney hotels from MCO but then the rate goes up to $185 when leaving Sanford. I'm wondering if it might be cheaper just to rent a car for the day...

I'm thinking of the Jetsgo deal too ... but I'm not sure if I can stay up late tonight to check out the deals. It will be interesting to see the prices they're going to offer.

Someone there asked about transportation using a shuttle and if my memory serves me correctly, they said something about $40.00.

As I am suppose to be working cannot find the link! SHHHHHHHH!

:wave2:

Scratch
pirate:

I just wanted to tell you that flying in and out of Sanford is a very stress free way to travel. It is small and well organized so you don't get overwhelmed like you can at MCO.

Plus you are probably on a direct flight, and that makes a huge difference in the way you feel by the time you arrive at your hotel.

When we flew into Sanford we were off the plane very quickly. A short walk brought us to the escalator. At the bottom of the escalator was the driver holding a sign with our name. We all walked over to the baggage claim. In a very short time we had our luggage, and our driver carried most of it to his car which was parked right outside the door. Total time from landing to registration at front desk of AKL: roughly 90 minutes.

Our return trip was just as uneventful. The driver picked us up in front of the hotel, loaded our bags into the trunk. It was Friday afternoon rush hour, so we took a different route to avoid the traffic.

So you are not just getting cheap airfare, you are getting great value for your money. Even if the ground transportation negates any savings, I would highly recommend travelling in and out of Sanford.

I haven't used Jetsgo yet, but we are scheduled to.
I emailed a bunch of towncar services that were listed on the
Sanford airport's web site, and the lowest fare was $160 roundtrip. Disney had quoted us over $200 for shuttle service for the four of us.

Not sure about the Sanford location but if you're flying out of Toronto YYZ I'd suggest departing Buffalo BUF instead.
Their airport is the city's only redeeming feature but it's great.
I've been using it al lot since my Mom's a Floridian. Usually cheaper fares (Cdn $$) and MUCH lower taxes.
One hassle is there are no non-stops. Usually one -stop either Atlanta or Charlotte but if you're buying multiple tickets there's a big savings.
My cost this March break is $274 Cdn return on AirTran. Nothing non-stop under $600 out of Toronto.

Cheers!

Depending on where your home is, Syracuse is a good place to fly from. $130 US non stop to Sanford.

I have a client flying into Sanford at the end of this month. I researched all sorts of transfers for them (family of 4) and found the best option was to rent a car. It was less then $100.00 usd with Alamo and they can pick up at Sanford and drop off at the Disneyworld car care centre and then do the opposite on the return. Plus then you also have the car to do off site shopping exploring etc.

Cuttlecan you may want to occassionally check Jetsgo they have amazing sales if you hit them right. The price for my clients was $250 cdn including all taxes for the direct flight to Sanford.

Allison

Ok, talked with John and asked about flying into Sanford.

This was their first time flying with them and well they had a rough start. They were delayed by 3 hours due to mechanical malfunction. They figured it was due to the cold but still they had to wait the 3 hours on the Tarmac!

After take off the flight was smooth and they did enjoy the fact that it was a smaller airport and easy access to car rental. He did not mention whether they would fly with them again or not!LOL

Scratch
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter