January Refurbs

OlliePop27

Mouseketeer
Park hours and refurbishments for the first day post-holidays have now been posted (1/9). The schedule shows Indy and Small World down at DL, and Grizzly River Run at DCA. Will be interesting to see how long the Indy refurb ends up being. It looks like Haunted Mansion Holiday will have an extended run instead of Small World this time around.

Curious to see how two Lightning Lane rides being down at DL impacts things.

EDITED: Web Slingers was originally on the refurb list 1/9 - 1/12, but Disney has now removed it. RSR has been added to the refurb list beginning 1/17.

Last edited:
Park hours and refurbishments for the first day post-holidays have now been posted (1/9). The schedule shows Indy and Small World down at DL, and Grizzly River Run and Web Slingers down at DCA. Will be interesting to see how long the Indy and Web Slingers refurbs end up being. It looks like Haunted Mansion Holiday will have an extended run instead of Small World this time around.

Curious to see how two Lightning Lane rides being down at each park at the same time impacts things.
More curious to know why Web Slingers is even on the refurb list already!?

Small World won't be a big deal. It isn't normally a lightning lane anytime other than the holidays. Indy was down a couple days on our November trip and didn't have a huge impact. I love Grizzly River Run so that would bum me out a little, but it won't affect anything because it is pretty much a walk on all winter. It was very warm every day during our trip (Nov 14-19) and there was never much if any wait for it.. Never did Web Slingers (not really my thing), so I can't speak to that.

Small World won't be a big deal. It isn't normally a lightning lane anytime other than the holidays. Indy was down a couple days on our November trip and didn't have a huge impact. I love Grizzly River Run so that would bum me out a little, but it won't affect anything because it is pretty much a walk on all winter. It was very warm every day during our trip (Nov 14-19) and there was never much if any wait for it.. Never did Web Slingers (not really my thing), so I can't speak to that.
We did LL for Grizzly during summer and I was kinda disappointed. I ended up dry at the end which was not what I was hoping for hahaha. Was I just unlucky?

We did LL for Grizzly during summer and I was kinda disappointed. I ended up dry at the end which was not what I was hoping for hahaha. Was I just unlucky?
I get drenched on that ride usually lol. Don't think I've ever come off of it dry. My kid has that kind of luck though:)

We always get so wet we literally won't ride it unless we're in flip flops and quick dry clothes. Preferrably a bathing suit. I wish I were kidding... I think you were just "unlucky". Or maybe we are, haha!

We always get so wet we literally won't ride it unless we're in flip flops and quick dry clothes. Preferrably a bathing suit. I wish I were kidding... I think you were just "unlucky". Or maybe we are, haha!
Yes, I've always gotten wet on that ride.

I have to have been the only one ever to end up dry hahaha. I changed to flip flops and everything ready and willing to be soaked and nothing. Will have to give it another try next time I go :D

I have to have been the only one ever to end up dry hahaha. I changed to flip flops and everything ready and willing to be soaked and nothing. Will have to give it another try next time I go :D
My last two times I was bone dry. And it was so hot, I was dying to get drenched but nope!

More curious to know why Web Slingers is even on the refurb list already!?

Given how often that ride seems to break down, it definitely needs it. I've tried to rope drop it to find it broken, been it line when it went down, and had it stop while I was riding (the sound cut out and never restarted after that).

As to how it actually got into this sorry state, I actually don't think being new matters. Rise of the Resistance broke down all the time in the early days and was only working decently in the first few months of post-pandemic reopening. Now, there are effects on it that are likely permanently broken.

Webslingers came off the refurb list starting January 13th, so just a short 4 day refurb (Jan 9-12).

Last edited:
Radiator Springs Racers is scheduled to go down for a refurb beginning 1/17/23. No indication yet as to length.

As of 1/17/23, Grizzly River Run, Small World Holiday, and Indy are all also still down for refurb.

We are going in early February and I will be totally bummed if IASW and Radiator Springs aren't reopened by then.

We are going in early February and I will be totally bummed if IASW and Radiator Springs aren't reopened by then.
IASW is scheduled to reopen on 1/20. No news yet on RSR. HMH will also have to go down at some point to remove the overlay, but it has not yet shown up on the schedule.

I've accepted that Indy will still be closed for refurbishment while we're there in mid-February (and Grizzly too, probably), but I really want RSR to be back up by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter