January 2020 Discounts

There is not currently a promo out for Disney Visa, but the Disney Visa promo is usually a higher percentage off the room rate. Historically the Disney Visa offer has been between 25-35% off room only rates while the general public rate is usually between 15-25% off.
Gotcha thank you! I typically go for value resorts so I can get a package price deal va just the room. So I guess it won’t help me in this scenario. This waiting is agonizing! Last year, I got an email on a sale, I came online and I booked it. Ignorance is bliss! This is what happens when I plan too early and start researching why the huge discrepancy in pricing from last year to this!

Gotcha thank you! I typically go for value resorts so I can get a package price deal va just the room. So I guess it won’t help me in this scenario. This waiting is agonizing! Last year, I got an email on a sale, I came online and I booked it. Ignorance is bliss! This is what happens when I plan too early and start researching why the huge discrepancy in pricing from last year to this!

When deals are released make sure to price it out both ways, sometimes the room only discount will save you more money than the package discount. Disney is one of the few things I will do math for!

Is there a promo out now for a Disney visa? Just wondering if I want to get a card or continue waiting for the same deal to release to the public a couple of days later?
I was wonder the same thing. Sounds like, historically, there is a bigger discount for Disney Visa card holders.

Is it the Disney Visa Premier I should be looking at?
There are 2 cards. One has an annual fee (premier) and one does not. These aren’t exactly great everyday cards so I recommend the no annual fee card. You also can get a $200 sign up offer (for spending $500) on the no annual fee card if you find somebody who has a link. It’s not just publicly out there though.

I keep my no AF card open just for these discount opportunities and the free meet and greets at the park with no line.

When deals are released make sure to price it out both ways, sometimes the room only discount will save you more money than the package discount. Disney is one of the few things I will do math for!
Ok really dumb question- everyone might roll their eyes, so you’ve been forewarned! ☺️☺️
If I book a room only discount, then where do I get the park tickets? If I add tickets to the room reservation, wouldn’t it change to a “package price”? I typically select dates, see hotel options, choose one, add tickets or it’s bundled in already, adjust number of tickets and sometimes add or it’s bundled in, the dining? I think I’m missing something or overthinking.. either way I know I’m off somewhere!!
Sorry it’s such a newbie question! ☺️

Ok really dumb question- everyone might roll their eyes, so you’ve been forewarned! ☺☺
If I book a room only discount, then where do I get the park tickets? If I add tickets to the room reservation, wouldn’t it change to a “package price”? I typically select dates, see hotel options, choose one, add tickets or it’s bundled in already, adjust number of tickets and sometimes add or it’s bundled in, the dining? I think I’m missing something or overthinking.. either way I know I’m off somewhere!!
Sorry it’s such a newbie question! ☺
So if you book a room only discount, you can absolutely add park tickets and/or dining (and you can add one or the other). It will become a "package" then and be subject to package booking rules I believe (i.e. $200 deposit, full payment due futher in advance).

However, if you're booking room only and feel that buying tickets separately is a better option (i.e. Undercover Tourist) then you can do that too. And also, if you don't think dining plan is a good option for you guys then you don't have to add that and you can pay for meals OOP (out of pocket). In that scenario then you would have a room-only reservation subject to those rules (one night deposit, full payment due much later).

Typically when Disney releases these deals there a ton of options between the public offer, the visa offer, the room only, the SPD (stay play dine) so it's probably best to keep an open mind and see what's out there before you set yourself to anything specific. Availability and prices will vary between all the different options - it truly is a little confusing at first but you'll probably find exactly what you want if you look hard enough!

So if you book a room only discount, you can absolutely add park tickets and/or dining (and you can add one or the other). It will become a "package" then and be subject to package booking rules I believe (i.e. $200 deposit, full payment due futher in advance).

However, if you're booking room only and feel that buying tickets separately is a better option (i.e. Undercover Tourist) then you can do that too. And also, if you don't think dining plan is a good option for you guys then you don't have to add that and you can pay for meals OOP (out of pocket). In that scenario then you would have a room-only reservation subject to those rules (one night deposit, full payment due much later).

Typically when Disney releases these deals there a ton of options between the public offer, the visa offer, the room only, the SPD (stay play dine) so it's probably best to keep an open mind and see what's out there before you set yourself to anything specific. Availability and prices will vary between all the different options - it truly is a little confusing at first but you'll probably find exactly what you want if you look hard enough!
Thank you for the clarification! If I book just the room, can I still book fast passes? Or do I have to first connect my tickets reservation to the Disney reservation to tie it all together? I’ve never bought tickets outside of a Disney reservation. One time I got a package through Costco, but again, it was room, and tkts

I applied for a Disney Visa on Monday and was instantly approved...how long do you think it will take me to get it in the mail?

Thank you for the clarification! If I book just the room, can I still book fast passes? Or do I have to first connect my tickets reservation to the Disney reservation to tie it all together? I’ve never bought tickets outside of a Disney reservation. One time I got a package through Costco, but again, it was room, and tkts
You can buy tickets from any (legit) source and connect them to your MDE and then book FPs. If you have an on-site room booked you can book FPs at the 60 day mark as long as you have tickets connected as well.

Good to know!

There are 2 cards. One has an annual fee (premier) and one does not. These aren’t exactly great everyday cards so I recommend the no annual fee card. You also can get a $200 sign up offer (for spending $500) on the no annual fee card if you find somebody who has a link. It’s not just publicly out there though.

I keep my no AF card open just for these discount opportunities and the free meet and greets at the park with no line.
I could also point out that these are two distinctly different cards so if you have one and not the other, you can sign up for the other one and earn the bonus on it. I basically eat/sleep/breathe credit cards - it's my hobby - so if anybody is interested in chatting CC strategies further just hit me up in a PM. I don't want to crowd this thread with credit card talk, LOL!

Question, for SPD if I already have all 3 booked, what is the discount usually?

This may be a silly question - I'm traveling to WDW for a 2-day conference, extending the trip with the fam to spend a while at the parks. Hotel room at Yacht Club is discounted to the conference rate. I've compared the prices of park tickets between a bunch of different places, including Disney conference services, and they're all basically the same. We don't have a disney visa. Is there any reason to keep an eye out on the January discounts? What are the odds there's something helpful to my situation? I'm assuming they're usually room/dining/ticket or room/ticket packages that are discounted right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter