January 2020 Car Rental Thread

MIChessGuy

Proud, But Not a Redhead
The lowest-priced 7 day rental I have seen for my dates is, somewhat oddly, $280 all-inclusive for a convertible. (I suppose it can be challenging to rent convertibles in January.) That was at the Costco car rental website. I believe better deals may be available from the lower-tier companies that require a shuttle ride at MCO, but I've never used those.

katallo

DIS Veteran
If anyone likes renting from Dollar, they have good rates for the last week of January for Lock, Low and Go.

• katallo

DIS Veteran
    Compact or larger. They choose the car. We have done it several times and so far received cars larger than compact.

Leigh L

Mouseketeer
    Looks like Costco had a little dip in prices today, it's $17 less than it was yesterday for the 5 days I've been checking for the last week of January.

chicagoshannon

DIS Veteran
    Just got a rate of $302 for managers special (compact or larger) pay now for Jan 24-feb 1 on Dollar. Haven't booked it yet but might. Nothing else has even come close to that amount yet.

• MIChessGuy

Proud, But Not a Redhead
    I checked Dollar, but none of the offered rates was very appealing. This is probably due to MLK Jr. day falling within my travel dates. But I'll keep checking their site; rates can turn on a dime.

Frogman88

Earning My Ears
    Booked a "hold" reservation for a full size with Avis for Marathon weekend. 1/8 8 am - 1/13 2 pm $216.57 with my corporate discount. Obviously, I hope to find something cheaper. Lol.
    Say ur going around the same time I’m going ! 1/8-1/14 how are the crowds around that time ?? I know this is off topic I apologize

ashleyrm

DIS Veteran
    Say ur going around the same time I’m going ! 1/8-1/14 how are the crowds around that time ?? I know this is off topic I apologize
    It's not as quiet in the parks as one would expect for January, but still not bad. It is marathon weekend so lots of runners around and some effect on the early mornings.

• ashleyrm

DIS Veteran
    Booked a "hold" reservation for a full size with Avis for Marathon weekend. 1/8 8 am - 1/13 2 pm $216.57 with my corporate discount. Obviously, I hope to find something cheaper. Lol.
    Booked with Thrifty today through carrentalsavers. 1/8 8 am - 1/13 2 pm full size $199.36

MIChessGuy

Proud, But Not a Redhead
    Just check Costco from 1/18-25 and it's dropped down to $256 for an intermediate car.
    Yes, I noticed this afternoon that Costco had come down quite a bit. Time to snag something and then tell AutoSlash to track it.

McMonsters

Mouseketeer
    Booked through Priceline on Autoslash with Alamo.......$284-$289 Jan 28-Feb 5 depending on size. Its $35 cheaper than Costco. Anyone have experience with this option? It shows up on my Alamo app so thats a plus!

chicagoshannon

DIS Veteran
    Booked through Priceline on Autoslash with Alamo.......$284-$289 Jan 28-Feb 5 depending on size. Its $35 cheaper than Costco. Anyone have experience with this option? It shows up on my Alamo app so thats a plus!
    thanks for that. I got $291 for Jan 24-Feb 1.

MIChessGuy

Proud, But Not a Redhead
    I rebooked to an Economy size (unacceptable for most, but I will be solo) with Alamo for January 18-25 at $200, via Costco. Although I have Autoslash track my bookings, my recollection is that I generally end up booking through the Costco site. Maybe I will book with Autoslash if they come up with a super-dynamite deal.

andigomeep

Mouseketeer
    Booked a standard (really full size) with Alamo for $367 January 26-5th. It’s still too high for my liking, but cheaper than the $500 it has been.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates