Jambo

Not sure what you mean by sky is falling, but the fact is 5 months of Jambo rooms disappeared in hours.

Some of us thought is was a good topic to discuss.
There are folks that were/are worried that DVC is going to cancel their reservations to make way for the NBA over nothing more than speculation.

There are folks that were/are worried that DVC is going to cancel their reservations to make way for the NBA over nothing more than speculation.

Of course they are, but that doesn’t mean if people see something odd they shouldn’t discuss it,

Not all will agree which is okay too, My initial response to you was that this was not normal, which is how I read your post,

I apologize if that was not what you had meant.

1 - there is definitely something up with Jambo inventory that was done in the past few days. Zero doubt about that if you've been doing any booking recently and seen the inventory.

2 - not NBA (pretty certain)

3 - Disney could not just pull DVC inventory to move guests into DVC rooms nor should they need to.

4 - maybe no conspiracy at all and just an IT glitch. It's happened with inventory before.

Definitely seems off. No Jambo availability through 2020. There is availability for some room types starting in January. Maybe Disney plans to only run Kidani until 2021??

Just read the major league soccer MLS is very close to signing a deal to complete their season a
@ ESPN complex. Maybe MLS get Jambo??

They've made the announcement today that MLS is coming to Disney.
I certainly hope the players, coaches and entourage would not displace DVC owners.

Last edited:

I started looking back in February/March before things got serious and there wasn’t much availability back then. Was luck to snag a 1BR/Savanna view at Kidani for the 1st week of Nov.

Our reservation (2BR Savannah View) 7/29 - 8/1 hasn't been touched so I wonder if that means that people with existing rooms are ok but they are saving the rest of the inventory for folks that get bumped by the NBA or MLS.

The Disney Recall of Orlando Hotel and Restaurant Workers includes Mara, so it looks like Jambo will be open. Just in what capacity and for who?

Interesting. I understand why Disney wants to host the sports leagues, but why would they be targeting hotels that are in-part DVC with owners already booked? I'm not convinced this is what is going on yet.
In more normal circumstances, A large block of Riviera makes a ton of sense for a VIP ESPN/WWOS event. It has decent proximity, with additional housekeeping, DVC villas are pretty nice for VIP’s, and DVC owners have no legal right to use unsold Riviera inventories.

But, our DVC management did the right thing for humanity and closed all DVC resorts for 3 months, and extended the use of points that would have expired during that time. DVC is asking us to share in the pain with 25% reduced 2020 availability and restricting our borrowing. If DVC sales is just using their Riviera ownership to profit on the NBA, it’s a bad look in stark comparison to what they are asking of DVC owners.

In more normal circumstances, A large block of Riviera makes a ton of sense for a VIP ESPN/WWOS event. It has decent proximity, with additional housekeeping, DVC villas are pretty nice for VIP’s, and DVC owners have no legal right to use unsold Riviera inventories.

But, our DVC management did the right thing for humanity and closed all DVC resorts for 3 months, and extended the use of points that would have expired during that time. DVC is asking us to share in the pain with 25% reduced 2020 availability and restricting our borrowing. If DVC sales is just using their Riviera ownership to profit on the NBA, it’s a bad look in stark comparison to what they are asking of DVC owners.
That's exactly what I mean and why I don't think they'd do this. Whatever was going on seems to have stopped from my pov.
I'm looking at the reservation system now and don't see a problem. There are open dates peppered here and there, some runs on dates.

That's exactly what I mean and why I don't think they'd do this. Whatever was going on seems to have stopped from my pov.
I'm looking at the reservation system now and don't see a problem. There are open dates peppered here and there, some runs on dates.

I think they blocked it out when it was in discussion so no more owners could book in case it happened. There are not a lot of rooms at Jambo and they could easily work with in the legal aspects of the contract of closing down just those rooms, giving its part of the larger AKV condo association.

However, if you are seeing things back open, then the rumored news they have decided to go with CSR..which, IMO, makes more sense so not to involve DVC..may be true and they released them back.

Last edited:
There are still no dates for Jambo until January for any room size. I think when someone drops a reservation it may appear but then gets taken out of availability fairly quickly.

There are still no dates for Jambo until January for any room size. I think when someone drops a reservation it may appear but then gets taken out of availability fairly quickly.
Yea, nothing at Jambo - but there is spotty availability at Riviera.

To me it makes no sense to have the NBA at Jambo. You can't keep the bubble there when kidani folks can just walk over and if they're bringing back Mara staff, you'll have kidani folks going over for food. I can see them moving Jambo folk over to kidani until the animal kingdom lodge is fully open to cut down on staffing due to the limited number of dvc rooms at jambo.

Just my thoughts on Jambo. I'm thinking it is because of the animals. The animals have been kept elsewhere this entire time, being cared for likely in the same place as DAK's animals. I might be mistaken but DVC is not necessarily obligated to bring the animals back for DVC members ATM, are they?
So by just opening Kidani and moving any Jambo DVC bookings over to Kidani, they can keep what must be a very expensive to run resort, closed and keep all the animals and caretakers in a single location.
Cash guests wouldn't tolerate paying AKL prices without animals so keeping the entire place shuttered just makes good financial sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter