Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Can anyone relay if they've been able to check in earlier than 4pm at Kidani? Like, maybe as early as noon?

This is our 1st time there because we had to switch from deluxe club level over at another resort, and we've always been able to check into our room much earlier than 3-4pm.

Our flight gets in around noon, so I'm wondering what we could do to pass the time until the room is ready, aside from going to the pool? There's no club lounge to hang at.

Can anyone relay if they've been able to check in earlier than 4pm at Kidani? Like, maybe as early as noon?
From my experience when I stay at AKL, typically the rooms are ready later in the afternoon, maybe around 2-3:00, even if I ask for an earlier check-in since we just have a 3-hour drive and head up in the morning. I can't speak on Kidani though, but I imagine it may be longer since those are villas, especially now that deeper cleanings are being done between guests. You can always keep your luggage with Bell Services and go about your day whether it'd be to a park, DS, or elsewhere. We usually pass the time by walking the grounds and observing the animals, but then if we get tired of waiting we just hop on a bus.

OK, thanks. Anyone know when is a good time to do online check in to request an early arrival? 24 hrs prior? 2 days prior? Whats good?

From my experience when I stay at AKL, typically the rooms are ready later in the afternoon, maybe around 2-3:00, even if I ask for an earlier check-in since we just have a 3-hour drive and head up in the morning. I can't speak on Kidani though, but I imagine it may be longer since those are villas, especially now that deeper cleanings are being done between guests. You can always keep your luggage with Bell Services and go about your day whether it'd be to a park, DS, or elsewhere. We usually pass the time by walking the grounds and observing the animals, but then if we get tired of waiting we just hop on a bus.
The difference might be if they are not very full, the room might be open from the day before. You have a better chance of checking in early if you ask for what is available when you arrive, rather than waiting for the assigned room.

The difference might be if they are not very full, the room might be open from the day before. You have a better chance of checking in early if you ask for what is available when you arrive, rather than waiting for the assigned room.
I tried this before and they told me that I had to wait for the room that was assigned to me 🤷‍♀️

I tried this before and they told me that I had to wait for the room that was assigned to me 🤷‍♀️
Wow, that seems so rude - haha! I really hope they said it more nicely but I’m just envisioning them telling you “too bad, tootsie. Just wait on your text”

And, not specifically in response to you Danielle, but for @Seabean... There is a place on online check in to indicate that an early available room would take precedence over any other room requests, if that is important to you. I would do online check in at least 5 days before check in, if you can, as I’ve heard that’s when the room assignments start.

AKL has some nice places to just chill and pretend you’re in a CL lounge - at Kidani there is a library type room right off the lobby and several outdoor viewing areas. You could grab snacks and drinks from either the gift shop or down at Sanaa and really pretend you’re in the club lounge - tell the CM not to tell you the price so you can pretend your treats are included 😂 You can also walk over to Jambo House (or take the shuttle, which I think I read is running again) and check out their nooks and hang out spaces just off the lobby.

Wow, that seems so rude - haha! I really hope they said it more nicely but I’m just envisioning them telling you “too bad, tootsie. Just wait on your text”
That's basically what happened, honestly!! "Wait for a text or the notification that your room is ready." And they added too, "Check-in isn't until 4 PM and it's 2 PM," and they mentioned "expediting housekeeping," probably just to make me leave the desk 😂 So now my bf and I know, don't rush to get to AKL and plan on getting lunch and hanging around the resort while waiting for the room to be ready lol

Hey, it was better than my last (truly my last!!) experience at the Dolphin at least - the room for my family wasn't ready until like 8 PM and all day they just kept saying "Sorry, the person before you had a late checkout and nothing else is available so you have to wait until the room is ready." 🤦‍♀️

That's basically what happened, honestly!! "Wait for a text or the notification that your room is ready." And they added too, "Check-in isn't until 4 PM and it's 2 PM," and they mentioned "expediting housekeeping," probably just to make me leave the desk 😂 So now my bf and I know, don't rush to get to AKL and plan on getting lunch and hanging around the resort while waiting for the room to be ready lol

Hey, it was better than my last (truly my last!!) experience at the Dolphin at least - the room for my family wasn't ready until like 8 PM and all day they just kept saying "Sorry, the person before you had a late checkout and nothing else is available so you have to wait until the room is ready." 🤦‍♀️
That is crazy! Maybe I am always so obviously exhausted but every time I have asked for any available room they've usually found me something (not specifically AKL). "We are... so tired... please... nap.... please...." :faint:

When we stayed at WDW the first week of July our first room ready text came at 7:44 AM (a new record) and the second one came at 10:47 AM (split stay). Of course, that was when resort occupancy was reallllly low before the Fourth.

This isn't really an AKL specific question but... Online check in isn't working for me when I put in Noon as our arrival time. But I also prefer to NOT put my CC# into the system until I get there.

Is it not working because I've put in a time before 4pm? Or because I didn't put in my CC# ?

You do have to put a CC on file to complete online check-in. You can always change it to a different CC or have it removed when you arrive. If you’re concerned about your card being compromised, I’m not aware of anyone having an issue, but I do know of instances where people who handed over a card to be swiped have been victims of CC fraud.

Quick ?, I can't remember...are there ice machines on the DVC villa floor? I know we can make them in the freezer, but we may not have enough space this trip since we don't have access to restaurants at Jambo. Thanks!

Can you add us to the list please? We are staying in Kidani and checking in 9/26. It’s our first stay here!

Not bad. We have a car since we drove, and there are a ton of dining options under 10 minutes (chick fil a chipotle etc). Otherwise - Kidani has food available.

When you say Kidani has food available, what type? Forgive me, I've never stayed at AKL before(or even visited) so is it the refrigerated premade items or is it the pool snack bar? If the only place to eat there is Sanaa, ouch! I know it's expensive and probably booked solid. We'll be bringing some groceries, but limited items because I don't like to cook on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter