Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I emailed guest communications last week and still have heard nothing despite receiving an email saying they'd get back to me within 5 days. Sigh.

I emailed guest communications last week and still have heard nothing despite receiving an email saying they'd get back to me within 5 days. Sigh.

I got a call in 3 days. My wife ended up calling them herself about the pool closure and got more information than I did. I won't spread rumours (or rumors for my American friends) but it made us feel better that they were working on contingencies other than just having Kidani open. It was from a good source too. They know Kidani is small.

Got my call from Guest Services regarding the email I sent...end date for pool rehab is scheduled for Dec. 4th, according to the CM who called me, so no need for me to relocate (and I'm very happy about that).

Thank goodness!! That's right before our trip. PHEW!

:cool1:

Email again. I got a call back in 24 hrs, and with good news (pool should be done before I arrive).

This is going to be a silly question...
Where are the Club Level rooms located?
Which pool ate they closest to? And last, but not least, does anyone have any firm dates for the pool refurb to be completed.
TIA

And last, but not least, does anyone have any firm dates for the pool refurb to be completed.

CM who called from guest services in regards to an email I sent about the closure said work scheduled to be completed Dec 4th. HOWEVER, as anyone who's ever had a contractor do work on her house or had a road project on his street can tell you, there is absolutely no way to EVER guarantee a completed by date.

I am staying at AKL Jambo House for the fourth time in August and absolutely love it! In the past, we have gotten a room near the lobby/mara/pool area, as requested.

For the discount we could not get a pool view (which is fine), but my mother was not able to request a specific 'area'.

I realized for as much as I love AKL I have not given much thought into how far away rooms could be from the lobby/mara/pool area.

I don't have to be right where we normally are which I believe is in the Zebra Trail area, but I would like to be at least somewhat close to the lobby.

Should I push the issue (it was presented to me as closed)? Whats about the farthest walk to the lobby/pool area at Jambo House?

Thanks!

I am staying at AKL Jambo House for the fourth time in August and absolutely love it! In the past, we have gotten a room near the lobby/mara/pool area, as requested.

For the discount we could not get a pool view (which is fine), but my mother was not able to request a specific 'area'.

I realized for as much as I love AKL I have not given much thought into how far away rooms could be from the lobby/mara/pool area.

I don't have to be right where we normally are which I believe is in the Zebra Trail area, but I would like to be at least somewhat close to the lobby.

Should I push the issue (it was presented to me as closed)? Whats about the farthest walk to the lobby/pool area at Jambo House?

Thanks!

Do you have a savanna view? Standard? I am the only person on the Dis who's apparently ever really had a view of the parking lot (everyone else gets at least a partial savanna if not a full on upgrade), but I will say this...the rooms are very conveniently located.

Thanks!

The only time I have ever heard of people not being able to request a specific area are DVC members staying on points in the value and CL rooms. If it really matters to you I would call back and put in your request as not all CMs know what they are doing. Just keep in mind that it is only a request and it may not be able to be met.

ETA: if you booked through a TA then you should ask them to call in the request.

The only time I have ever heard of people not being able to request a specific area are DVC members staying on points in the value and CL rooms. If it really matters to you I would call back and put in your request as not all CMs know what they are doing. Just keep in mind that it is only a request and it may not be able to be met.

ETA: if you booked through a TA then you should ask them to call in the request.

Do you have a savanna view? Standard? I am the only person on the Dis who's apparently ever really had a view of the parking lot (everyone else gets at least a partial savanna if not a full on upgrade), but I will say this...the rooms are very conveniently located.

Its standard view. I prefer pool view but it is what it is. I believe I'll suggest calling again. The worst they'll say is no!

Any examples?!

I am comfortable in saying that Blizzard Beach was mentioned by a second person we spoke to but that was not a manager. She sounded rather certain about it but it was still phrased as a possibility. That option makes a lot of sense given the distance. I do not feel comfortable repeating what a manager told us as nothing had been worked out. Regardless I would still switch hotels if I could if that helps at all.

You will check in at the Kidani front desk, just as you would if renting points. Also, you control the reservation since you're not "renting" from an owner and can call the Disney reservation number to add room requests. A cash reservation does get daily Mousekeeping! Have fun! I'll be at WDW that same week, but staying at OKW and BWV!
Thanks! This will be our first time staying in a villa so the process is all new. We are looking forward to it!

Just as an FYI, regarding construction 'end' dates, last time AKL redid Jambo's pool it went a week longer than scheduled. Personally I'm hoping they get done early & I'll be one of the first to post pictures of the new lay out/changes during my early Dec. visit rather than in a villa overlooking the construction zone posting in progress construction photos.
I thought you said that was a view of the parking savanna where the herds of Chevy Impalas gathered, the Ford Broncos, Mustangs and Pintos grazed, the Dodge Rams roamed, the Mercury Cougers and Sables and the Audi foxes lurked, and the Volkswagen Rabbits frolicked.

I thought you said that was a view of the parking savanna where the herds of Chevy Impalas gathered, the Ford Broncos, Mustangs and Pintos grazed, the Dodge Rams roamed, the Mercury Cougers and Sables and the Audi foxes lurked, and the Volkswagen Rabbits frolicked.

It was Buick Savanna where the Fords roamed free and the Honda herd grazed on the shimmering asphalt.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Question: How often do the Disney Springs buses run during the day, and do they stop at Kidani and Jambo or just Jambo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter