Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I am comfortable in saying that Blizzard Beach was mentioned by a second person we spoke to but that was not a manager. She sounded rather certain about it but it was still phrased as a possibility. That option makes a lot of sense given the distance. I do not feel comfortable repeating what a manager told us as nothing had been worked out. Regardless I would still switch hotels if I could if that helps at all.
Our UK tickets have water park tickets anyway. Holding out for a move!!

I emailed guest communications last week and still have heard nothing despite receiving an email saying they'd get back to me within 5 days. Sigh.

I emailed them a week ago, and I've gotten nothing. No email about the construction. No email from guest relations. Just silence.

Can you wait-list for Kidani? I would be stalking the Member website and calling MS daily for availability! ;)
I just set up the waitlist yesterday, but since I'm about 150 days out, for a studio in October, I am not to hopeful. I am not willing to try and piece it together either since I am not going to risk parts of a 4-night stay not coming through. We aren't going to move back and forth.

Are there any perks to staying at a studio villa at Kidani village versus a standard room at Jambo?
Although I have never stayed in a standard room on the hotel side, I will tell you that a studio at Kidani will have a kitchenette with a microwave, coffee maker, under-counter refrigerator (with a small freezer section),and they provide some paper plates and bowls as well as plastic silverware. There are (4) glasses and I think we had a corkscrew and a can opener too. There is also a closet with a vacuum, iron and ironing board. You will also have a queen size bed and a sleeper sofa instead of 2 beds. This is a huge turn off for a lot of folks. Personally, I love it because I like to be able to sit on the sofa and watch TV or read a book instead of having to "relax" on the bed during the day. The sofa beds are hit or miss on the comfort level. I've slept on some that are great and some that are awful so I won't comment either way.

Are there any perks to staying at a studio villa at Kidani village versus a standard room at Jambo?

Full size coffee pot is the biggest one for me. Plus a microwave, toaster, and paper plates and disposable silverware, a wet bar area. If it's just you and DH you might like the studio better since it has one queen and the pull out couch - my fiancé and I prefer the studio layout so we can have a place to sit and relax that's not on the bed. Kidani is a little more quiet/serene/relaxed in my opinion but still close to the buzz of Jambo if you go over for dining or exploring.

Although I have never stayed in a standard room on the hotel side, I will tell you that a studio at Kidani will have a kitchenette with a microwave, coffee maker, under-counter refrigerator (with a small freezer section),and they provide some paper plates and bowls as well as plastic silverware. There are (4) glasses and I think we had a corkscrew and a can opener too. There is also a closet with a vacuum, iron and ironing board. You will also have a queen size bed and a sleeper sofa instead of 2 beds. This is a huge turn off for a lot of folks. Personally, I love it because I like to be able to sit on the sofa and watch TV or read a book instead of having to "relax" on the bed during the day. The sofa beds are hit or miss on the comfort level. I've slept on some that are great and some that are awful so I won't comment either way.

We think alike :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

You had me at microwave! That is so nice in case you have leftovers or pastries to warm up. Thank you.

Full size coffee pot is the biggest one for me. Plus a microwave, toaster, and paper plates and disposable silverware, a wet bar area. If it's just you and DH you might like the studio better since it has one queen and the pull out couch - my fiancé and I prefer the studio layout so we can have a place to sit and relax that's not on the bed. Kidani is a little more quiet/serene/relaxed in my opinion but still close to the buzz of Jambo if you go over for dining or exploring.

Yes, a couch would be nice so that we could sit instead of only having a bed. Quiet sounds nice, too. Thanks, friend!

You had me at microwave! That is so nice in case you have leftovers or pastries to warm up. Thank you.

Yes, a couch would be nice so that we could sit instead of only having a bed. Quiet sounds nice, too. Thanks, friend!
I forgot...you will have a toaster too! You mentioned pastries and it made me think of Pop-Tarts and that's when I realized I forgot to mention the toaster.

You can make some great breakfasts in the studio kitchenettes. We have a microwave egg cooker so we make breakfast sandwiches every morning. Toast up an English muffin, cook an egg and heat up a sausage patty or some pre-cooked bacon and put it on the muffin with a slice of cheddar cheese...yum! You can make mac and cheese or other pasta dishes pretty easily too. I usually bring a few cans of soup with me. Mainly, I use them to roll under my feet and stretch my arches at the end of the night/beginning of the morning, but if I get hungry, I can heat one in the microwave too! I order groceries from Amazon Prime Now because they have 2-hour FREE delivery to the resort and I can pay with the gift cards I earn through Swagbucks, Shopkick, etc.

Is there any benefit to checking in in person rather than online? What about checking in now (32 days out)?

I've pretty much always done online check in only the last few years and haven't missed out on anything. The only thing I do go to the front desk for is to verify which payment method they have on file so I don't have to worry about anything while charging to my magic band.

Hi everyone! I'm considering a May 2019 stay with my DS. I saw this on the WDW Refurb page: Jambo House- room refurbishment- Mid 8/2018- Fall 2019.

Does anyone have any details on how much this will impact people's stays? Thanks!

OFFICIALLY got my reservation confirmed - DH's company is hosting a conference at Yacht and Beach, but we were able to swing a couple rooms at AKL for the same conference rate. Counting down! We will have standard rooms - do you think we can request connected rooms at check-in, or do we have to do that in advance? Also, we're hoping to get at least one of the rooms with bunkbed....request that, or get at check in?

I just upgraded my trip from POP to AKL Kidani Village, I'm very excited we've never stayed Deluxe before!! But... I have no idea what area/room to request! We have a Deluxe Studio standard view. Any suggestions? Also do they have cots available for request? If so, would one fit in a Deluxe Studio? We have 4 adults, 2 woman on the smaller side so we could fit on the pull out but would prefer it if we could get a cot.

I just upgraded my trip from POP to AKL Kidani Village, I'm very excited we've never stayed Deluxe before!! But... I have no idea what area/room to request! We have a Deluxe Studio standard view. Any suggestions? Also do they have cots available for request? If so, would one fit in a Deluxe Studio? We have 4 adults, 2 woman on the smaller side so we could fit on the pull out but would prefer it if we could get a cot.
They don’t have cots available. You could bring a twin sized air mattress or have one delivered from amazon prime now. I don’t know if it would fit because I’ve only stayed in their one bedrooms. you will have a great time.

They don’t have cots available. You could bring a twin sized air mattress or have one delivered from amazon prime now. I don’t know if it would fit because I’ve only stayed in their one bedrooms. you will have a great time.

When you say delivered? Do you mean delivered directly to the resort? We have a one bedroom booked but our two dd’s are 21 and 19. And our nephew will be 15. We are wondering whether to bring air mattresses instead of using the pull out sofa and chair.

When you say delivered? Do you mean delivered directly to the resort? We have a one bedroom booked but our two dd’s are 21 and 19. And our nephew will be 15. We are wondering whether to bring air mattresses instead of using the pull out sofa and chair.
Yes amazon prime now will deliver directly to your resort in 2 hours. I’ve used them to deliver to Saratoga Springs because the sofa is so awful my son won’t sleep on it. The air mattress worked out nicely and was only 20 dollars. He uses the chair at kidani. He doesn’t find that one too bad. He’s 6”6 and 230 lbs.

So they are doing a pool refurbishment at AKL after Labor Day? Is the pool currently in bad shape? We will be going in June, and we had planned a pool/resort day.

Is there a CS at Kidani Village? If you buy the refillable mugs and are staying at Kidani, do you have to go over to Jambo and the Mara to fill them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!