Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

It did say it was only going to be part of the pool. Not the whole pool. I will try and find the post again to see if there was more info. I am not staying at YC or BC, so I didn't pay too much attention to it.

Yes we did book through virgin and we have had nothing but problems. I don't think we will be again. Thanks for letting me know, I really appreciate it! We were just so shocked. I am a avid reader of the forums, though I don't post much and we didn't see any planned refurbs, plus with free dining we went for it. Think we will be more cautious next time!

Got my call from Guest Services regarding the email I sent...end date for pool rehab is scheduled for Dec. 4th, according to the CM who called me, so no need for me to relocate (and I'm very happy about that).

Yes we did book through virgin and we have had nothing but problems. I don't think we will be again. Thanks for letting me know, I really appreciate it! We were just so shocked. I am a avid reader of the forums, though I don't post much and we didn't see any planned refurbs, plus with free dining we went for it. Think we will be more cautious next time!

We booked ages ago, we’ll before the refurb was announced. We’ve been in context with Virgin Holidays who are going to contact their Disney people about moving us to another resort.

It’s in Disney’s hands now!

Got my call from Guest Services regarding the email I sent...end date for pool rehab is scheduled for Dec. 4th, according to the CM who called me, so no need for me to relocate (and I'm very happy about that).
Damn! Literally the day before we checkout!

AKL posted this message on their facebook page earlier today. I was pretty much ok with their message until the winky emoji. That really set me off. And what the heck to I want with some stupid pins? I did email guest services this morning after seeing others do the same and get some results. I won't hold my breath tho for a positive response.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge The WDW hotels don't normally provide any type of compensation when it's a pool renovation. (Just wanted to mention this since we're seeing a lot of comments about it). CBR offered that very limited time compensation due to the expansive nature of the work. The fact that guests at AKL can still use the pool at Kidani will likely mean that guests might get a set of Disney pins (like they gave out at Wilderness Lodge a few years ago) but not much else. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
1f609.png
;)

I still haven't heard anything from guest services, but I'm sad to know the pool will not reopen until a month after our trip. :sad2:

AKL posted this message on their facebook page earlier today. I was pretty much ok with their message until the winky emoji. That really set me off. And what the heck to I want with some stupid pins? I did email guest services this morning after seeing others do the same and get some results. I won't hold my breath tho for a positive response.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge The WDW hotels don't normally provide any type of compensation when it's a pool renovation. (Just wanted to mention this since we're seeing a lot of comments about it). CBR offered that very limited time compensation due to the expansive nature of the work. The fact that guests at AKL can still use the pool at Kidani will likely mean that guests might get a set of Disney pins (like they gave out at Wilderness Lodge a few years ago) but not much else. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
1f609.png
;)

Just so you know, that Facebook page isn’t run by Disney

Unfortunately, if you rented DVC you are out of luck. You're renting points through the person with the DVC points, not through Disney.
This is us! I emailed and received a call from DVC member services. She was very kind but short of contacting the couple we rented the points from and asking them if they'd be willing to re-book us at another resort there are no options. We are not willing to give up our savanna view so that is a no go. This is a no parks trip for us so is pretty disappointing. We are trying to keep a good attitude and will enjoy sitting on our balcony and taking a nice walk over to Kidani and hoping for the best with the pool.

I received a call from Disney and a courtyard view room at wilderness lodge was offered due to the pool closure. I pictured the wilderness cabins (which I have stayed at and enjoyed during a family trip with my youngest daughter, but wasn't what I'm after for this reservation) lol until the reservations rep described the resort. Anyway I looked at the resort, which is very pretty, but I think we are going to stay and animal kingdom and suck it up and enjoy it and either walk or take the offered bus to the other pool. I just don't think I will be as happy with wilderness lodge. AKL is my dream lodge for my birthday. I have talked about it for years. At least now with the choice to change lodges it made me realize the pool being closed will not make or break our trip. I was hoping for a discount or extra fast passes or something but I don't think that is happening. I do feel that Disney has "made it right" by finding another deluxe lodge for the same price for us.

Does the pool at Kidani village have a pool bar. I want to relax by the pool with a good book and cocktail. We are planning on lots of pool time.

I received a call from Disney and a courtyard view room at wilderness lodge was offered due to the pool closure. I pictured the wilderness cabins (which I have stayed at and enjoyed during a family trip with my youngest daughter, but wasn't what I'm after for this reservation) lol until the reservations rep described the resort. Anyway I looked at the resort, which is very pretty, but I think we are going to stay and animal kingdom and suck it up and enjoy it and either walk or take the offered bus to the other pool. I just don't think I will be as happy with wilderness lodge. AKL is my dream lodge for my birthday. I have talked about it for years. At least now with the choice to change lodges it made me realize the pool being closed will not make or break our trip. I was hoping for a discount or extra fast passes or something but I don't think that is happening. I do feel that Disney has "made it right" by finding another deluxe lodge for the same price for us.

Does the pool at Kidani village have a pool bar. I want to relax by the pool with a good book and cocktail. We are planning on lots of pool time.

Yes, they have a full bar at the Kidani pool, you will not go thirsty.

Got a call from guest services. I didn't expect anything due to the fact we have a standard room only with a military discount. Had a nice conversation with the CM and only asked that we be as far away from the noise as possible.

I completely agree. Further update on the situation is that they are now offering savannah view studios at Kidani for people who only had standard at AKL, although I don’t think the pool is as conveniently located at the QS offerings aren’t great!
I know I cannot do anything about this, but this really bums me out. I am a DVC member who booked a standard studio at Jambo House at the 11-month window. Now, I find out that the pool will be closed while we are there. Because I am booked on points, there is ZERO availability at Kidani Village....but I find out that those who booked the standard HOTEL rooms can get moved to a SAVANNA VIEW STUDIO at Kidani Village for no charge at all??? That just really ticks me off....but I can't do anything about it because that is how the system works. I would LOVE to move from my studio at Jambo to ANY studio at Kidani, but there is no availability with points so I'm stuck. Oh well...we will just have to make the best of our construction-view room.

So vacation update! I just booked a Kidani 1 bedroom savannah view for Dec 12th-17th!

It's been a rough 2018 so far, I rented my 2018 points out because I had to help family out with some stuff and didn't think I'd make it to Disney this year. I was debating paying out of pocket, but started looking and borrowed 2019 points to book this trip. I may work off borrowed points for the next few years as I work back to not having to borrower, but that's ok :) I really need this trip! Also didn't necessarily want a 1 bedroom, but it's all I could get, lots of room for a solo trip (unless I find someone to go).

Excitement begins!

So vacation update! I just booked a Kidani 1 bedroom savannah view for Dec 12th-17th!

It's been a rough 2018 so far, I rented my 2018 points out because I had to help family out with some stuff and didn't think I'd make it to Disney this year. I was debating paying out of pocket, but started looking and borrowed 2019 points to book this trip. I may work off borrowed points for the next few years as I work back to not having to borrower, but that's ok :) I really need this trip! Also didn't necessarily want a 1 bedroom, but it's all I could get, lots of room for a solo trip (unless I find someone to go).

Excitement begins!
Good

Excitement begins!
Exciting indeed! Glad to hear you have this to look forward to after a stressful year. Disney has definitely become my stress relief since I started revisiting in the past year :)

I know I cannot do anything about this, but this really bums me out. I am a DVC member who booked a standard studio at Jambo House at the 11-month window. Now, I find out that the pool will be closed while we are there. Because I am booked on points, there is ZERO availability at Kidani Village....but I find out that those who booked the standard HOTEL rooms can get moved to a SAVANNA VIEW STUDIO at Kidani Village for no charge at all??? That just really ticks me off....but I can't do anything about it because that is how the system works. I would LOVE to move from my studio at Jambo to ANY studio at Kidani, but there is no availability with points so I'm stuck. Oh well...we will just have to make the best of our construction-view room.

Can you wait-list for Kidani? I would be stalking the Member website and calling MS daily for availability! ;)

So we booked a one bedroom at Kidani Village for the week after thanksgiving. We booked direct because there were no points available for rent this late. Since we booked direct can someone tell me what the check in process will be? And do we get mousekeeping services daily? I have never booked a villa before. Thanks

So we booked a one bedroom at Kidani Village for the week after thanksgiving. We booked direct because there were no points available for rent this late. Since we booked direct can someone tell me what the check in process will be? And do we get mousekeeping services daily? I have never booked a villa before. Thanks

You will check in at the Kidani front desk, just as you would if renting points. Also, you control the reservation since you're not "renting" from an owner and can call the Disney reservation number to add room requests. A cash reservation does get daily Mousekeeping! Have fun! I'll be at WDW that same week, but staying at OKW and BWV!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter