#JAMbalaya #Pandamonium WDW Marathon Weekend 2019 Report! (Updated: 2/27/19)

The course crowds (and character lines) were a real treat this year! My training was very minimal because of a knee injury and I thought for sure we'd be walking most of the race so I didn't expect to have time to wait for anything. The ability to grab pictures wait-free for a real treat under the circumstances!

Quite enjoying your mile marker rhythms! We did that as we ran this year to pass the time- the later miles seem even funnier as the marathon delirium sets in haha!

The real question though- did you have to crawl away from the grave diggers? :rotfl:

The course crowds (and character lines) were a real treat this year! My training was very minimal because of a knee injury and I thought for sure we'd be walking most of the race so I didn't expect to have time to wait for anything. The ability to grab pictures wait-free for a real treat under the circumstances!

Quite enjoying your mile marker rhythms! We did that as we ran this year to pass the time- the later miles seem even funnier as the marathon delirium sets in haha!

The real question though- did you have to crawl away from the grave diggers? :rotfl:
Agreed!

Marathon delirium is for real.

No crawling! I was worried about getting down and up but no issues!

It's All About the Shenanigans! Part 3

Mile 17 and I feel like a machine!

IMG_2724 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 18 and I was in a routine! They had cold sponges here which was much appreciated. @Keels said she wanted to just climb in the pools of cold water they had the sponges in which wasn't a bad idea.

IMG_2725 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I think Minnie was out first but she was on break while I passed by so I skipped. I did stop for Goofy though!

IMG_2836 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

They were playing college fight songs and On Wisconsin played which was awesome!

Mile 19 soon we would have some jelly beans!

IMG_2728 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mickey and Donald were out so I had to stop.

IMG_2835 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 20 I have done how many?

IMG_2733 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2805 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Somewhat of a smile

IMG_2806 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 21 can't I just be done?

IMG_2734 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

As I turned the corner towards DHS you could see the balloons in the distance and the trucks behind them. Probably the closest I have ever been to them but still a good distance between them.

Mile 22 (insert Taylor Swift song)

IMG_2735 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 23 only three (left..)

IMG_2736 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2795 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2794 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2807 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 24 I am ready for... the finish...

IMG_2737 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

@mrsg00fy was out spectating at the Boardwalk and she gave me the best hug. I was probably really sweaty so sorry Monica!

Mile 25 gimme five!

IMG_2738 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

No stopping in Epcot except for my margarita!

IMG_2785 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Stopping at Team Margarita meant I walked the rest of the way for the most part cause I couldn't waste margarita!

IMG_2788 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2787 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2791 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 26 I am done with this schtick

IMG_2789 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

#Announcer3 John Pelky representing the shenanigans! John gave me an awesome shoutout.

IMG_2741 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

This is how you finish!

IMG_2831 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2832 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

26.2 complete and another 48.6 challenge complete.

IMG_2826 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Met up with @croach in the post race area. Soon enough @jennamfeo and @Princess KP came along. Jenna did awesome on her first marathon.

KP was the real MVP because she brought Oreos for everyone! The runDisney snack boxes didn't have Oreos this year which was a big disappointment.

IMG_2743 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Up Next: Celebration time!

Congratulations on another great Dopey finish! You got some wonderful pics and even smiles. :)

Love that you finished with margarita in hand too.

In your finish line picture the dopey runner behind you had a different color bib? I tried to look closer at it but couldn't read it well but I thought maybe it said perfect at the time to right?? Do you know why it's different?

Congratulations on another great Dopey finish! You got some wonderful pics and even smiles. :)

Love that you finished with margarita in hand too.

In your finish line picture the dopey runner behind you had a different color bib? I tried to look closer at it but couldn't read it well but I thought maybe it said perfect at the time to right?? Do you know why it's different?
Thanks!

Yeah that’s a perfect bib. They are different colors.

Congrats, Marathoner and Dopey! I'm not sure which I find more entertaining ... the fact that you stopped for a margarita during the race or the fact that they sold you an alcoholic beverage in the first place :). Either way, I'm sure it made the end of the race extra refreshing and your finish line picture is awesome!

Congrats, Marathoner and Dopey! I'm not sure which I find more entertaining ... the fact that you stopped for a margarita during the race or the fact that they sold you an alcoholic beverage in the first place :). Either way, I'm sure it made the end of the race extra refreshing and your finish line picture is awesome!
Well I didn’t buy it ;)

Thanks!

Congrats on another Dopey! As always, great report and pictures.

I am amazed for as warm as it was how many people were wearing long pants and long sleeves. I was getting hot just looking at them. :crazy2:

My goodness! I'm not sure my 56 year old body (and knees) can handle a disney race.....thinking I should start small and work my way up. That should be my goal. Are you able to get discounted rooms if participating in these things?

Congrats! You did the Disney marathon the right way! Roller coasters and tequila!

Thanks! I definitely like to have fun during these races.

Congrats on another Dopey! As always, great report and pictures.

I am amazed for as warm as it was how many people were wearing long pants and long sleeves. I was getting hot just looking at them. :crazy2:

Thanks!

Yeah I don’t know how people were wearing that either. I would’ve been dying.

Congratulations on finishing another Dopey!

Thanks!

My goodness! I'm not sure my 56 year old body (and knees) can handle a disney race.....thinking I should start small and work my way up. That should be my goal. Are you able to get discounted rooms if participating in these things?

No discounted rooms outside the general discounts Disney gives everyone.

Congrats and great recap (as always)
Reading this makes me want to run the full so bad now...mostly because it shows all the fun parts and it’s easy to forget about all the hard work in between the mile markers!

How cool was it that all 4 of you rode the first expedition train of the race. That’s bragging rights worthy.

I’m jealous of your bling and your margarita :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!