I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My appointment today was for 10:50 a.m. I walked in at exactly that time, walked to registration, moved immediately to the vaccination area and was jabbed (Pfizer) at 10:56. I was able to check out at 11:11 (after a quick wishpixiedust:) got my paper with next appointment and was walking to the exit at 11:12. It was the perfect time for getting a shot today! :love:

My appointment today was for 10:50 a.m. I walked in at exactly that time, walked to registration, moved immediately to the vaccination area and was jabbed (Pfizer) at 10:56. I was able to check out at 11:11 (after a quick wishpixiedust:) got my paper with next appointment and was walking to the exit at 11:12. It was the perfect time for getting a shot today! :love:

This is wonderful Hon!
Great news!
Rest well.
Hugs
Mel

Yay!
Got the email from Costco this morning. About 10 minutes later, DW and I were both booked in for 11:30 tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed we are in the 'low side effects' group, but with spring break here at least she won't miss any work!
Yay!!!!
So good to hear!
Hugs
Mel

My kids great grandma is also “locked in” all because some staff members won’t get vaccinated. Honestly they should require all workers in homes to get vaccinated. If they don’t want to they need to find another job.

That may seem harsh to some. But those workers get to leave and go home and do what they want. While the people living in those homes are trapped because of their decisions. It’s selfish.

And for the record I’m not including anyone you can’t get vaccinated because of a medical issue.
Absolutely. That is horrible, I’d be on a letter writing campaign. That would make me so mad, where’s the rights of the people living in the home?

So I spoke with my sister in law this morning.
She received the Moderna Vaccine and did have a few reactions to it.
She had to call the Dr. and also report it to the public health dept.
After careful review they think as long as she take an allergy medication that she should go ahead with the second shot when her time comes.
Popeye (as in Popeye the sailor man) arm swelling in injection site.
Large lump below injection site (hard as a rock).
Rash and itching of injection arm. (also called covid arm).
She is ok with getting a second shot.

Hugs
Mel

So I spoke with my sister in law this morning.
She received the Moderna Vaccine and did have a few reactions to it.
She had to call the Dr. and also report it to the public health dept.
After careful review they think as long as she take an allergy medication that she should go ahead with the second shot when her time comes.
Popeye (as in Popeye the sailor man) arm swelling in injection site.
Large lump below injection site (hard as a rock).
Rash and itching of injection arm. (also called covid arm).
She is ok with getting a second shot.

Hugs
Mel
Hopefully she recovers quickly and the second shot goes ok. We only get Moderna and I haven't heard of too many reactions among people I know. I had a tender arm with both shots and mild chill and fever the first night after the second dose. Some people I know have had mild headaches or bad chills and fever, maybe fatigued, but it's short lived - maybe 5-8 hours. Then right as rain after that.

My mother received her first Pfizer shot yesterday, only reaction is slight swelling and soreness around the site, similar to flu vaccine for her.

Now my mother, stepfather [both elderly] and younger sister [priority healthcare essential worker] have all received their first Pfizer vaccine dose. Just me left to get mine ! Now that Ontario is into phase 2 hopefully that will be soon as I meet their medical risk criteria list.

SW

Just me left to get mine ! Now that Ontario is into phase 2 hopefully that will be soon as I meet their medical risk criteria list.

SW
I sure hope so! Our health unit is moving pretty quick compared to others, in fact we've apparently passed 25% received at least 1 shot, and we're into phase 2. HOWEVER, I pre-registered on March 9th because i meet the risk criteria as well, the website and my email confirmation both said 4 - 6 weeks and I haven't heard anything yet. Hubby signed up about 10 days later (because he's "60" according to the year of birth not month!) and he got the invite to book his appointment on Friday, didn't do it because we've already been shot, and they called him after dinner tonight asking if he needed help booking. Guess the system needs some work ?

I hope you hear soon so you can join your family in the jabbed column

I found it amusing that I finally get vaccinated...and then get phone call to notify me that a person at my doctors office tested positive 🤦‍♀️ The possible exposure was 2 days before my vaccine. Thankfully - that particular day, I wore a mask with a filter; kept my distance and was in the office maybe 10 mins; as it was it just to get a requisition. It wasn’t considered a “close contact” because they had PPE on; so I was just told to monitor.

I found it amusing that I finally get vaccinated...and then get phone call to notify me that a person at my doctors office tested positive 🤦‍♀️ The possible exposure was 2 days before my vaccine. Thankfully - that particular day, I wore a mask with a filter; kept my distance and was in the office maybe 10 mins; as it was it just to get a requisition. It wasn’t considered a “close contact” because they had PPE on; so I was just told to monitor.

Hi Hon
Crossing my fingers and toes for you.
Hugs
Mel

My mother received her first Pfizer shot yesterday, only reaction is slight swelling and soreness around the site, similar to flu vaccine for her.

Now my mother, stepfather [both elderly] and younger sister [priority healthcare essential worker] have all received their first Pfizer vaccine dose. Just me left to get mine ! Now that Ontario is into phase 2 hopefully that will be soon as I meet their medical risk criteria list.

SW

Soon Hon , I know the wait is extremely hard ,,,hugs.

Hugs
Mel

I can't wait to hear they'll allow the 16+ year olds to get the vaccine. It's the young people that are going out, either with their friends or to front-line jobs, and coming home with the disease. And with the new variant being harder on younger people, it's worrisome that they are at the back of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter