It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! **COMPLETE!**

Wow, Wolfgang Express looks awesome. We always take short trips and don't usually make it to DTD but those meals may make me detour over there.

Subscribing - great reporting and photos - helping me make some decisions about our upcoming trip and verifying the good places we already like - love Wolfgang Puck Express (and we pay for it!!!:goodvibes ) I hope we can get in on the free dining someday!

Enjoying your pictures and reviews. Looking forward to the next installment! ::MickeyMo

Waving from the Aurora area! Great reviews... we leave soon too and we'll make sure to hit WPE based on that review!

Great review, thank you, I can't wait to read more, and I have to agree with all of your reviews so far.

Once again, many thanks to everyone who takes the time to leave a comment. It's nice to know that you're enjoying this and gives me incentive to continue. :thumbsup2 I didn't realize how time-consuming these reports are and my hat's off to those awesome members who not only do dining reviews, but also write entire trip reports as well. I don't know where you find the time, but you people are amazing! :hug:

Next installment coming up!

I'm enjoying your dining report. Thanks for taking the time to share your pictures with us too.

I also loved :love: the Turkey and Muenster Cheese Foccacia Sandwich and Key Lime Pie from Sunshine Seasons. I need one right now. Come on November.

Can't wait to read more.

Day 4: Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory, Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck Express

Today was our sleep-in, laze around, take-it-easy morning. After driving down from Toronto and having two early mornings in the parks, we were more than ready for a break.

We stayed at Port Orleans, French Quarter and had a wonderful experience here! We stayed there for the first time last December and fell in love with this resort so decided we were going back again. It didn’t disappoint. :thumbsup2

We got up around 9:30; Frank and the kids decided they were hungry and went to the food court for breakfast.

fastsandwichzr0.jpg

They all chose the breakfast croissant sandwich, which is a fresh, flaky croissant filled with scrambled eggs, bacon and melted cheese. They all enjoyed this and had it for breakfast many times during our stay. I wasn’t hungry so I just sat with them and had a coffee. (As an aside: we purchased the refillable mugs. They’re a good value, especially for longer stays.)

After breakfast and a swim at the resort, we headed for Downtown Disney for lunch, shopping and Disney Quest. We also had a 5:50 ADR at Raglan Road for dinner.

We decided to split up for lunch, since the kids wanted to go to Earl of Sandwich and I had my tastebuds all set for the 4 cheese pizza at Wolfgang Puck Express. I’m sorry we don’t have pictures from either place, I was sure I’d taken a picture of my pizza, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere and Cheryl forgot to bring her camera. :confused3 Anyway, I’d read many very positive reviews about this pizza, and I’m happy to report they’re all true! It was delicious! Ooey gooey cheesey goodness! Here’s the description from the menu at AllEars:

WP - Four Cheese - Mozzarella, Fontina, parmesan, and creamy goat cheese with fresh and sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, and pesto sauce.

I’m drooling thinking about it now … :love: Since I hadn’t eaten breakfast, I was more than ready for this, but I did allow Frank to have a slice … a small slice … :rotfl2: He doesn’t like goat cheese so he picked that part off and gave it to me, but he enjoyed the rest. I had Lemonade and a chocolate chip cookie, which I ate for breakfast the next day. Nutrition concerns go right out the window when you’re at the World, don’t they? ;)
Rating: 10/10
WPE was just as busy and chaotic at lunch as it had been for dinner the previous day. Mind you, we didn’t time it very well and were there around 12:30, right at the lunch-time rush.

As I mentioned before, Cheryl and Neil wanted to have lunch at Earl of Sandwich, which we had visited during our trip last December. They really enjoyed it then and were looking forward to going again.

DS ordered: Hawaiian BBQ - Hawaiian BBQ ham, grilled chicken, with fresh pineapple and Swiss cheese. He loved this!! This is the same sandwich he ordered last year and he said it was just as delicious this time. He had a bag of Miss Vicky’s Jalapeño chips (subbed for a cookie) and a Cherry Coke.

DD ordered: The Original 1762 - fresh roasted beef, cheddar and creamy horseradish sauce. Cheryl doesn’t like horseradish, so she substituted the sauce for mayo. This is the same sandwich she ordered last year, but she was very disappointed with it this time. :sad2: She said the beef was fatty and there wasn’t enough cheese. It was delicious in December, but in her opinion the quality was lacking this time. She also had a chocolate chip cookie and Lemonade.
Rating: 6/10

Frank skipped lunch since he was still full from his breakfast sandwich. He did have a slice of my pizza and part of Cheryl’s sandwich (which he agreed wasn’t as good as last time.) I had The Original as well when we visited in December, and I wasn’t excited about it then. It was ok, but nothing special IMO so it was easy for me to skip this one in favor of WPE.

Would we go back to Earl of Sandwich? It’s hard to say since we’ve discovered WPE, but Neil really enjoyed his sandwich from there and I know many people have tried other selections there and really enjoyed them. I wouldn’t be opposed to trying it again if we were in the mood for a sandwich (I’d just avoid The Original 1762.)

Up next: Raglan Road (with lots of pics!)

I'm enjoying your dining report. Thanks for taking the time to share your pictures with us too.

I also loved :love: the Turkey and Muenster Cheese Foccacia Sandwich and Key Lime Pie from Sunshine Seasons. I need one right now. Come on November.

Can't wait to read more.

That sandwich was awesome and the Key Lime Pie was surprisingly light and refreshing. Have some for me in November! :thumbsup2

Excellent reviews

Thank you! There's more coming up, stay tuned!

Loving your reviews.

I have to admit I wasn't overly impressed with Earl of Sandwich when we ate there but many people rave about it.

I am definately going to try WPE though, the food looks awesome and your reviews speak very highly of it.

always good to hear another Canuck's point of view (I'm from Scarborough).

Raglan Road

This restaurant is truly beautiful inside! It’s quite large with lots of polished wood and marble. The bars are beautiful; I took a photo of one as an example.

raglanroadbarzn5.jpg

I believe two of the bars specialize in beer and whiskey, and the various beer and whiskey flights seemed to be quite popular. I dislike beer and I figured undiluted whiskey in the heat would probably result in behaviour I wouldn’t want photographic evidence of, so I passed. Instead I chose the Celtic Sangria, which was unbelievably good!!

raglanroadcheryldz2.jpg

Cheryl agrees this drink is a winner.

Here’s another pic of my Sangria along with DH’s Stella Artois. Mmm Mmm Good!

celticsangriastellaartosm6.jpg

For the appetizer course, we ordered:

DH, DS & DD:Colpucinno - frothy Colcannon soup, a creamy potato, bacon and cabbage soup.

raglanroadapp2xk8.jpg

All three of them loved this soup! I had a taste and it was incredibly good, very creamy with wonderful flavor. You could taste all the main ingredients, although the cabbage was very subtle (much to the delight of DS and DD :rotfl: ) The cracker you can see threaded through the handle of the cup was homemade, and had a garlic and herb flavor.
They unanimously gave this soup a rating of 9/10

I ordered: Seared Beef Salad- With a horseradish drizzle served with mixed greens and crispy fried onions.

raglanroadapp1zs6.jpg

OMG!!! I don’t have enough superlatives to adequately describe this dish. The combination of all the flavors was incredible! The crispness of the greens, the subtle tang of the vinaigrette dressing, the creamy bite of the horseradish drizzle, the crunch of the fried onions along with the perfectly cooked, extremely tender beef all combined to create a dish that has to be tasted to be believed. I wish they served this as an entrée. Even though there are many wonderful choices on the menu, I would get this in a heartbeat, it’s that good!

After a wonderful first course, it was time for the main event!

DH: Fish and Chips- beer-battered fish and chips served with fresh tartar sauce.

raglanroadfentreewe7.jpg

Frank enjoyed this, although he said the batter was a little soggy and he much prefers a crisp coating. He said the fish was very flavorful and he enjoyed the fries. It must have been ok because he cleaned his plate. ;)
Rating: 7/10

DS: Serious Sirloin Steak - 10 oz sirloin topped with an Irish whiskey glaze, drizzled with fresh basil oil. Served with mashed potatoes and topped with crispy fried onion strings.

raglanroadnentreeww9.jpg

Neil enjoyed this meal. He said the steak was very tender but a little overcooked. He ordered it medium but when it arrived it was definitely well done. He loved the potatoes and the onion strings. He was another member of the clean plate club. :yay:
Rating: 8/10

DD: Pan Fried Lemon Sole and Chips- Sole fillet lightly sauteed in lemon butter, garnished with parsley and served with chips.

raglanroadchentreeae3.jpg

Cheryl loved this entrée! The fish was perfectly cooked and was moist and flavorful. She said the asparagus was delicious, tender and served in a mild butter sauce. There was nothing to overpower the delicate flavor of the fish. She also enjoyed the fries, but wished they’d been a little crispier on the outside.
Rating: 9/10

Me: Posh Pan Chicken - Pan roasted chicken breast sauteed in garlic, olive oil, a suggestion of chili and over so slightly glazed with an Irish cider cream sauce. Served with sauteed vegetables.

raglanroadcentreeev4.jpg

I enjoyed this meal, but found the chicken rather bland, it really needed more sauce. It was also a little dry, but I’d rather have that than underdone chicken. :scared: The vegetables were tasty and had a bit of a kick. All in all, it was enjoyable enough, but I wouldn’t order it again.
Rating: 7/10

Time for Dessert!!

DH, DS & DD all ordered Irish Apple Pie a la mode.

raglanroaddessert1vr2.jpg

Everyone loved this and it was quickly devoured. The lacy thing on top is hardened butterscotch, which nobody liked. Cheryl said it almost tasted like it had been scorched.
They all give this dessert a rating of 9/10

I ordered Ger’s Bread and Butter Pudding.

raglanroadcdessertww5.jpg

This is heaven in a cup!! I forgot to take a picture before I’d mixed the two sauces in, but those little pitchers hold warm Butterscotch Sauce and Crème Anglaise. The pudding is hot, and you have to excavate a hole in the middle of it where you pour these two amazing sauces and then mix it all together. Mmmmmm, it’s unbelievably good!! A word of advice however, eat it quickly because it’s not nearly as good once it starts to cool.

In conclusion, we had a wonderful evening at Raglan Road and we’ll be back!

Overall Rating: 8 ½
Service: B+ (We had a few different servers, but they were all efficient and kept our drinks refilled. All our food arrived hot and fresh, so they got it out to us quickly.

Coming up next: Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory, Pecos Bill’s and Rose & Crown

Ohhh. Raglan Road looks really good. I may have to consider it for my upcomming trip.

subscribing...I just love great food. We leave in just a few short weeks and I'm still trying to figure out where I want to eat. So much to chose from. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter