It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! **COMPLETE!**

Great reviews and pics - thanks! :thumbsup2

Can I ask a question about POFQ? Did you use the busses? How were they for getting around?

We drove down, but parked the car at the resort and didn't use it again until it was time to leave. The busses were great, our average wait time was less than 10 minutes. We always got a seat, the only times we had to stand were coming home from the parks after closing, and that only happened twice. Once at MK and once at Epcot. I also really recommend taking the boat to DD if you're planning to go there. It's a lovely relaxed ride and very pretty! :thumbsup2

love the reviews. I have to agree, though, that the Mahi-Mahi was tasteless and bland. But after a Lapu-Lapu while waiting for our table, I really didn't care!!!! Next time, try the Kona Chowder. It's to die for!!!!

:headache: That's what I was missing!! A nice Lapu-Lapu beforehand would have helped that entree considerably! I'll remember that next time!

Thanks for the Kona Chowder recommendation, just another reason to return! :woohoo:

This was a no-park day so we spent the morning enjoying the resort … lounging by the pool, reading, poking around the gift shop, etc. We had lunch in the food court. We found the food at POFQ to be consistently good; we’ve always enjoyed our meals here. Today we ordered:

DD, DH & I: Chicken Parmesan served with a side of fettuccini and a garlic breadstick, topped with a chunky marinara sauce. Cheryl chose an apple for her dessert while Frank and I had the fruit cup. To drink, Cheryl had a carton of Skim Milk, I had Chocolate Milk and Frank chose Grapefruit Juice.

pofqchickenparmesanko5.jpg

Okay, I have to know what is that gray stuff next to the spaghetti?:confused:

This was a no-park day so we spent the morning enjoying the resort … lounging by the pool, reading, poking around the gift shop, etc. We had lunch in the food court. We found the food at POFQ to be consistently good; we’ve always enjoyed our meals here. Today we ordered:

DD, DH & I: Chicken Parmesan served with a side of fettuccini and a garlic breadstick, topped with a chunky marinara sauce. Cheryl chose an apple for her dessert while Frank and I had the fruit cup. To drink, Cheryl had a carton of Skim Milk, I had Chocolate Milk and Frank chose Grapefruit Juice.

That looks like the chicken parm to me.

That's the Chicken Parmesan. It does look a little gray in the pic but I think that's an effect of the lighting in the food court, or the angle I took the pic on. It certainly wasn't gray when we had it, and was quite delicious! :thumbsup2

Day 7: Columbia Harbor House & Tony’s Town Square

This was our MK day so after a fun morning of rides and shows, (we went to Mickey’s Philharmagic three times! I love that show! :love: ) we were ready for some lunch. One of our favourite places in the Magic Kingdom is Columbia Harbor House, and we arrived, hot and hungry, at 11:30. It wasn’t very busy yet, so we were able to get our order quickly and then head upstairs for a table by the window where we could eat and watch the activity in the street below.

DH had: Fried Chicken Strips - Served with choice of either French Fries or Apple Slices. He had fries, a Coke and the Apple Crisp (although it was really more of an apple blossom.)

chhchickenstripsiw9.jpg

He enjoyed this very much. The chicken strips are solid pieces of white meat (no processed junk) and the fries weren’t greasy and were delicious. The apple crisp was also a hit, and was gone in a flash. LOL!
Rating: 8/10

DD & DS both had: Captain's Special - Fried Chicken Strips and Fish - Served with choice of French Fries or Apple Slices. They each had fries as their side. Neil chose Chocolate Milk and the Apple Crisp while Cheryl had Diet Coke and Strawberry Yogurt.

chhchickenfishis6.jpg

They really enjoyed this! They loved both the chicken and the fish and really enjoyed the fries as well. Neil loved his apple crisp and Cheryl enjoyed her yogurt.
Rating: 9/10

I had: Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - white tuna with lettuce and tomato. It came with potato chips, and I had Chocolate Milk and the Apple Crisp.

dhhsandwichpy9.jpg

I love this sandwich! It’s served on toasted multi-grain bread and has just the right amount of mayo. Some places either make their tuna salad too dry or too sloppy, but CHH’s is perfect! Yummy!! I really enjoyed the apple crisp, it was my favourite CS dessert.

We took a break after lunch and went back to the resort to rest and get out of the heat. It was H-O-T that day, whew!! We headed back to the MK around four, we had a 5:45 ADR at Tony’s Town Square and Cheryl and I wanted to stay for the evening to shop and watch Spectro and Wishes.

We checked in at Tony’s at 5:30 and were seated after a 20 minute wait. Our table was decorated with Mickey confetti and streamers for Cheryl’s birthday, which was a nice surprise.

tonystablecu9.jpg

Hmm … what shall I order?

tonyscherylhj5.jpg

No specialty drinks were included on the DP here, so we all ordered sodas or iced tea.

For our appetizers, we ordered:

DD & DS: Garlic Breadsticks & Dipping Sauce

tonysbreadsticksqb7.jpg

Their unanimous opinion of these? Gross!! They said they had absolutely no flavor and the dipping sauce was simply cold pasta sauce. They had one taste and left the rest.
Rating: 1/10 (and they said they’re being generous ;))

DH had: Italian Vegetable Soup

tonyssoupax8.jpg

Frank loves vegetable soup and he really enjoyed this! According to our server, there are two different soups available every day. The Italian Vegetable is always available while the other one changes daily. That day (Saturday) the other soup was Broccoli/Cheddar.

I ordered: Spinach and Artichoke Dip - three cheese blend, tomatoes, and served with grilled bread.

tonysdipop6.jpg

This was delicious and 1000% better than the dip I had at Sci-Fi! The flavors all worked well together and the dip was served nice and hot so the cheese was wonderfully gooey when you spread it on the bread. I shared with Cheryl and Neil since their appetizer was so disappointing and this is more than enough to share. It’s very filling.

Entrée time!

DH & DS both ordered: Spaghetti & Meatballs

tonysspgmeatballshr6.jpg

Both Frank and Neil enjoyed this and they each cleaned their plate. It’s certainly not a complex dish, and if I were paying out of pocket I would be appalled at the price, but it’s simple and satisfying and they both enjoy it.
Rating: 7/10

DD wanted a pizza, but the only one on the menu that night was a four cheese one that contained feta. Cheryl hates feta and asked if they could make her one without it. Our server checked, said it was no problem and told Cheryl the chef would make her one with mozzarella, gorgonzola, provolone and parmesan as well as tomato sauce, oregano and basil. Here is the end result.

tonyspizzaix2.jpg

She loved it and ate every bite! :thumbsup2

I ordered the Baked Ziti

tonysbakedzitime5.jpg

This was absolutely delicious and I cleaned my plate! I've tried many different items from Tony's menu, and this is hands down my favourite. I'd love to have some now!

I apologize, I forgot to take a picture of our dessert. On the DP, you are served a sample of the restaurants most popular desserts. We received two plates between the four of us, and each plate contained Tiramisu, Amaretto Cheesecake and Chocolate Chip Cannoli. They were ok, but nothing to get really excited about. My favourite was the cheesecake while Frank devoured the Tiramisu. The kids didn’t really enjoy any of them and just picked.
Rating: 5/10

Our server brought out a special dessert for Cheryl’s birthday, and I did remember to take a picture of that one. ;)

tonyschdessertlw0.jpg

She was too full to eat much of it, so her brother helped her out. <g>

We go to Tony’s every trip and have always enjoyed our meals there. It’s certainly not gourmet, and we have better Italian restaurants here at home, but the whole experience is what makes it special, and this restaurant is beautiful inside. Besides, Lady and the Tramp is DD’s favourite movie, so we couldn’t get away with skipping it. ;)

Overall Rating: 6 ½ /10
Service: B

After DH & DS left to go back to the resort, DD and I did some shopping and stopped at the Main Street Confectionary to check out the goodies. The smell of fudge made my mouth water, then I saw this display and decided to take a photo.

mainstconfectionarydispcu2.jpg

And here’s a close-up

mainstconfectionarytreakb6.jpg

It contains a large rice crispy treat along with some chocolate fudge and peanut brittle. The price was $8.50.

We closed out the night with Spectro and Wishes.

wishescastlekj0.jpg

wishesfw2dm3.jpg

wishesfw1hi1.jpg

It was a perfect end to a wonderful day!

Coming up next: WPE (last time, I promise ;)) and Spoodles.

Fried Chicken Strips [/B]- Served with choice of either French Fries or Apple Slices. He had fries, a Coke and the Apple Crisp (although it was really more of an apple blossom.)

chhchickenstripsiw9.jpg

He enjoyed this very much. The chicken strips are solid pieces of white meat (no processed junk) and the fries weren’t greasy and were delicious. The apple crisp was also a hit, and was gone in a flash. LOL!
[/B]

You know.. it looks like an apple crustata (spelling?) to me.

Those Mickey heads with the candy look great! I'm going Thanksgiving week, and those would make great Christmas gifts!

MrsB1228-I am enjoying all of your wonderful reviews but you are making my stomache growl something fierce!!!! We are staying at POFQ (in 53 days) and I was apprehensive because alot of reviews lately are not very flattering! Thanks for posting that you love it there - WHEW! Also, we have ADRs at alot of the same restaurants and I am very excited. I wasn't aware that WGPE was a CS credit and am very happy as perhaps that's where we'll eat our 1st night in DTD! Can't wait to hear about Spoodles and thanks again for the detailed reviews and great pics. Even the pics showing half eaten food - - :rotfl:

You know.. it looks like an apple crustata (spelling?) to me.

I know that type of dessert as an apple blossom, perhaps it's called an apple crustata in your neck of the woods? Whatever it is, it certainly isn't apple crisp, but it was delicious!! :thumbsup2

Great report :thumbsup2 Love the pics! Can't wait to get there...
Thank you, and enjoy your trip!
Those Mickey heads with the candy look great! I'm going Thanksgiving week, and those would make great Christmas gifts!
Great idea! They were very tempting and the smell of fudge was enough to make you weak in the knees!
Great reviews & Pictures!:thumbsup2
Thank you!
MrsB1228-I am enjoying all of your wonderful reviews but you are making my stomache growl something fierce!!!! We are staying at POFQ (in 53 days) and I was apprehensive because alot of reviews lately are not very flattering! Thanks for posting that you love it there - WHEW! Also, we have ADRs at alot of the same restaurants and I am very excited. I wasn't aware that WGPE was a CS credit and am very happy as perhaps that's where we'll eat our 1st night in DTD! Can't wait to hear about Spoodles and thanks again for the detailed reviews and great pics. Even the pics showing half eaten food - - :rotfl:
:laughing: I tried so hard to remember to snap the photo before we dug in, and we all got better at it as time went on. Sometimes we were really hungry though, and then it was like feeding time at the zoo ... you forget the camera and get out of the way if you know what's good for you. :scared1:

You'll love POFQ! This was our second stay and we loved it just as much this time as we did in December. It's a lovely resort, and it's small size makes it easy to navigate and a welcome respite from the parks. You'll have a great time! :thumbsup2

WPE is a wonderful bargain for a CS credit! It has a wonderful varied menu too, so everyone is sure to find something they like. Enjoy!!

Day 8: Wolfgang Puck Express and Spoodles

We had a nice easy morning, slept in a little, then had a light breakfast at the food court. I had Rice Krispies with skim milk and sliced apples with caramel dipping sauce. This was a light satisfying breakfast that I had a few times during our stay. For those of you on the dining plan, this breakfast would “cost” you 2 snack credits.

pofqcerealappleslicessc7.jpg

Later on, we enjoyed a leisurely boat ride to Downtown Disney for an afternoon of fun at DisneyQuest. We stopped at Wolfgang Puck Express for lunch first.

DD & DS both ordered the 4 Cheese Ravioli again, and both raved about it again. :cool1:

wperaviolitj8.jpg

(I thought I’d post a picture of what this dish looks like before it’s half-eaten. ;) )

Rating: Both give it 9/10

DH & I shared: Pepperoni & Mushroom Pizza.

wpepepperonipizzalk7.jpg

We both enjoyed this and there was more than enough to share.
Rating: 8 ½ /10

After a fun afternoon of blowing up aliens, playing pinball and building ever-more-outrageous roller coasters, we hopped on a bus to the Boardwalk for our 5:40 ADR at Spoodles. This was another brand-new experience for us and we were looking forward to it. (Well, to be honest, the kids and I were looking forward to it … Frank was “iffy” about the Mediterranean menu.)

spoodlessignuz3.jpg

Spoodles is very nice inside, and they have an open kitchen at the front of the restaurant that services the take-out window where you can order pizza. It’s fun to watch the cooks preparing the pizza dough; rolling it, stretching it, and flipping it in the air. If I did that, it would take weeks to scrape it off the ceiling :rotfl2:

We had another great server here. As a matter of fact, I can’t complain about the service we received in any of the restaurants we ate at. Some were better than others of course, but all were good.

No specialty drinks were allowed on the DP here either, so we all had sodas. For our appetizers, we ordered:

DS & DD: Four Cheese Flatbread - with roasted garlic puree and sage.

spoodlescheeseflatbreadgc3.jpg

They both enjoyed this, but found it very filling. It arrived nice and hot, the cheese was still bubbling! It was delicious, but because of all the cheese it was also very rich.

DH: Greek Salad - vine-ripened tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, bell peppers, kalamata olives, pepperoncini, and feta cheese, marinated in lemon-herb vinaigrette.

spoodlessaladmm1.jpg

Frank hates feta and asked for it to be left off. He loved this salad! He said all the greens were crisp and fresh and the different flavors blended wonderfully. He really enjoyed the dressing they used, I had a tiny taste and have to agree that it was a winner! :thumbsup2

I had: Mediterranean Dips - with toasted pita, marinated olives and almonds.

spoodlesmeddipsjv6.jpg

The different dips were tzatziki, one made with curry and sour cream, and one made from feta. The separate dish on the plate with the pita triangles is hummus, which we were told was made fresh daily, The other dish contains almonds and marinated black and green olives. This was delicious!! I especially enjoyed the tzatziki and the curry dip, which had a spicy kick. Yum!

Along with our appetizers, we also received Spoodles Herb Bread served with oil and spices for dipping.

spoodlesbreadoilba3.jpg

Time for the main event!

DD and I both ordered: Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Linguine - with preserved lemons, Italian parsley, shaved garlic and butter.

spoodleslemonshrimplingra3.jpg

This was delicious! It was loaded with shrimp and had a very delicate flavor. The lemon gave it a refreshing, light taste that went well with the flavor of the shrimp and the garlic. The serving was huge; Cheryl and I could only manage to eat about ½ of our entrees before we were full.

DH ordered: Oak-fired Steak Kabobs - with multigrain pilaf, balsamic red onions and harissa.

spoodlessteakkabobsga0.jpg

Frank thought this was ok. The steak was cooked medium, as ordered, but Frank said it was a bit chewy and he didn’t really enjoy the overall flavor. He said the rice was good, but still had an “odd” taste. Please remember though that Frank is not an adventurous eater, and anything spiced with more than salt and pepper will often result in the same comment. :rolleyes1
Rating: 7/10

DS had: Rigatoni with mild Italian sausage, tomatoes and portobello mushrooms.

spoodlesrigatonixx4.jpg

Neil loved this! He said the sauce was delicious and the combination of flavors was incredible. It must have been because I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a clean plate after a meal. :laughing:
Rating: 10/10

For dessert, we chose the dessert sampler, which contains all the desserts offered except for the ice cream sundae. Each one is meant to be shared by 2 people, so we ordered two of them. The sampler contained: Chocolate Apricot Pistachio Cake, White Chocolate Orange Cake, Vanilla Bean Crème Brulee, Almond Caramel Gelato and a chocolate dipped Biscotti. I’m afraid we gobbled them up before I remembered to take a picture, so no pic of this. :sad2:

The kids and I enjoyed Spoodles very much, but Frank was less enthused simply because the food isn’t what he’s used to. He loved the salad and the desserts, but was only so-so about his entrée.

Overall Rating: 8 ½
Service: B+

Would we return? The kids and I would go back in a heartbeat (after we sent Frank to McDonalds, of course ;) )

Coming up next … Le Cellier!

Okay you have definately convinced me to try the four cheese ravioli. It must be yummy if you guys kept ordering it:flower3:. And your pics make it look absolutely delicious.

I really enjoyed all your reviews so far!
I also am drooling over your Spoodles pics, I debated between there and Contemporay Steakhosue, and ended up choosing Contemporay, now I am thinking of changing LOL!
Can't wait for your review of LeCellier!

Before I get to Le Cellier, I thought you might like to see some of the things we got using our snack credits.

snackgccsignpv3.jpg

Who doesn’t love going to Goofy’s? And that sign is completely made of jelly beans! Yum!

Here’s what we used our credits for at Goofy’s Candy Company in Downtown Disney:

snackgccpretzelrodscz9.jpg

Three pretzel rods dipped in chocolate (2 in milk chocolate and 1 in dark), rolled in peanuts and drizzled with white chocolate and caramel. These were sooo good, and I snacked on them for 3 days (with DS’s help ;) )

Here are some of the kid’s choices:

snackgccasstsnacksgj3.jpg

We also got Sour Character Gummies, Yogurt Dipped Pretzels, 4 large bags of Lays Potato Chips, a box of assorted Entemann Doughnuts, Character Sweet & Sour Candy (kinda like Sweet Tarts,) Cinnamon Buns, Strawberry Swirls, Apple Slices with Caramel Dip, Carrots & Celery Sticks with Ranch Dip, Mickey Bars and Nestle Crunch Ice Cream Treats. Mmmm!

Okay you have definately convinced me to try the four cheese ravioli. It must be yummy if you guys kept ordering it:flower3:. And your pics make it look absolutely delicious.

Thank you Reese! You won't regret getting the ravioli, it's awesome! :thumbsup2

I really enjoyed all your reviews so far!
I also am drooling over your Spoodles pics, I debated between there and Contemporay Steakhosue, and ended up choosing Contemporay, now I am thinking of changing LOL!
Can't wait for your review of LeCellier!

Spoodles was delicious, but I also considered the Contemporary Steakhouse. If you do decide to try it, please post your impressions! :thumbsup2

Le Cellier coming up soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!