It's official...ABD is going to Japan!

@Cousin Orville - When you secured your Tokyo Disney Packages did they require you to pay in full at the time of purchase? I am hearing mixed things. With every other park package I have done you put a deposit and then have until either 45 days or 30 days to pay it in full. Just trying to budget accordingly for my reservations in March. Thanks for your help in advance.

@Cousin Orville - When you secured your Tokyo Disney Packages did they require you to pay in full at the time of purchase? I am hearing mixed things. With every other park package I have done you put a deposit and then have until either 45 days or 30 days to pay it in full. Just trying to budget accordingly for my reservations in March. Thanks for your help in advance.

I had to pay in full for my packages. We are staying 1 extra night that is room only in which we were charged a 30% deposit.

We are going to Japan on our own with my daughter. But this topic has a lot of useful info for me. THANK YOU!

I even made notes of how to book certain airlines with certain points. Thanks to Calipso726!

We are flying from LAX to NRT and back by Singapore Airlines. I booked business class for myself with Amex points. But for my daughter I just bought Premium Economy ticket.

In a way I feel a little bad, and I could have figured something out with the points for her too (as I didn't have straightforward amount of Amex points to book two roundtrips). But she is spoiled enough already. So she will have to "suffer" through premium economy in her 19 :)))) And I need a bit more comfort in my old age :))))

Our seats are very close to each other, hers in the first row of premium economy, and mine is the last of business. So we should be able to communicate.

My daughter is anyways overboard excited to be able to go to Japan - she is doing Japanese major in the univercity.

I had to pay in full for my packages. We are staying 1 extra night that is room only in which we were charged a 30% deposit.

I second that.

Paid full amount for the package. And only 30000 yen towards the room only booking - any price room.

Also if you book 2-3 nights together "room only" - the deposit is still 30000 yens. The rest is in the hotel.

There have been a couple of mentions earlier in this string about the Tuna auctions in Tokyo fish market and that the old location closed last fall. Saw this article today, the auctions at the new location are again open to the public for those fortunate to get in.

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/news/2019/02/01/tokyo-tuna-auction-reopens-new-site/

And here is a link to the fish market site with additional visitor info. This is also where folks can apply to view the auctions.

http://www.shijou.metro.tokyo.jp/english/toyosu/index.html#VisitorsRules

There have been a couple of mentions earlier in this string about the Tuna auctions in Tokyo fish market and that the old location closed last fall. Saw this article today, the auctions at the new location are again open to the public for those fortunate to get in.

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/news/2019/02/01/tokyo-tuna-auction-reopens-new-site/

And here is a link to the fish market site with additional visitor info. This is also where folks can apply to view the auctions.

http://www.shijou.metro.tokyo.jp/english/toyosu/index.html#VisitorsRules
Thanks for posting this!

Our seats are very close to each other, hers in the first row of premium economy, and mine is the last of business. So we should be able to communicate.

Just be warned that many airlines strongly discourage visiting/communicating between business and economy (even premium economy). In my experience, Singapore tends to be particularly strong on this.

We’re making progress on planning our free nights. My wife and I made reservations at Kyoto’s Kikunoi restaurant. For my foodies out there, Kyoto is famous for Kaiseki style cooking. Traditional, seasonal cooking often in very traditional rooms with tatami mats and the hostesses in their kimonos. The reviews sound really cool.

For those booked on this Japan adventure - AbD is sending emails asking for special requests and legal names, which seemed strange as I’d already provided that info. Turns out they now need height info for all participants, for the biking activity on Day 6. The email doesn’t reference that is what is needed.

For those booked on this Japan adventure - AbD is sending emails asking for special requests and legal names, which seemed strange as I’d already provided that info. Turns out they now need height info for all participants, for the biking activity on Day 6. The email doesn’t reference that is what is needed.
Thanks for that info! So is that the only thing we need to reply with is our height?

Sayhello

Thanks for that info! So is that the only thing we need to reply with is our height?

Sayhello
If you’ve given them all other requested info, then that should be it from what they told me. The CM both yesterday and today said this was something new they just got a note about for the CM awareness.

If you’ve given them all other requested info, then that should be it from what they told me. The CM both yesterday and today said this was something new they just got a note about for the CM awareness.
Thanks. I assume I'll be hearing from my TA, asking for my height. :)

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter