It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! [Update 4/11: Link to TR!]

You know, it's always nice to come to a place where we might not all know each other, but through a common interest like Disney, we're all friends!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I fell behind on my own gf's PTR! I'm normally a better bf than that, I really am! :teeth:

I'm really pulling the biased bf card here, but won't you all agree with me when I say that my Ninja was the cutest kid ever to get into one of those racetrack cars? And guess what? She's gonna be the prettiest girl when we go in April! :lovestruc

I'm really pulling the biased bf card here, but won't you all agree with me when I say that my Ninja was the cutest kid ever to get into one of those racetrack cars? And guess what? She's gonna be the prettiest girl when we go in April! :lovestruc

Ummm no, I'm pretty sure that was me. :rotfl: Just kidding. Hope you had a good birthday! :bday:party:

I'm going in April too...maybe I'll see you guys there!

:cake::bday: Happy Birthday to Weird!!:bday::cake:

RachelNinja ~ I'm definitely with you on the whole ToT thing! My older girls love it but I am not a big fan of the drop type rides. Years ago I went on the Demon Drop at Cedar Point (no comparison to our beloved WDW, I know ;)) ~ it's another ride where they send you up, push you forward and drop you down. Holy cow, I have never been so scared, LOL :eek: ~ no thank you!!
The girls swear they'll get me on ToT one day but since we are skipping DHS this trip, I'm saved, LOL!

Loving all the updates ~ can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2

Awww, come on, Tower of Terror is awesome! ;) It's one of those rides I swore I'd never ride. Well, I ended up doing it (riding RNRC and TOT back-to-back=jelly legs! LOL!) and even though I was freaked out I did it again. And again. Now it's one of my favorites! :goodvibes:thumbsup2

I can't, I can't! Haha, I'm too big of a chicken. Weird doesn't care to go on the crazy rides anymore either; I guess we've gotten to that point where we feel it's not necessary to frighten the wits out of ourselves!

Hey! I got your link from another person's TR and decided to join in :) Your trip is getting so close! I have another 10 months to go; I'm planning to go in November.

Happy birthday to your dbf! You guys are so cute together :goodvibes

Oh yay! Another reader! :cool1: It's never too early to start planning, haha. I actually feel as if my trip is coming up fast and I'm not prepared for it! I didn't expect to have so much to do for work.

17899.gif

Happy Birthday, Weird!!

When I saw all these birthday messages for Weird, I had to tell him to check it out (he doesn't come on often). I couldn't spend the actual day with him although I spent the day before and now the day after with him. So he needed some cheering up to do because in our own immediate families, birthdays aren't as big a deal as other families make them out to be.

I hope Weird's birthday was fantastic!~!!!

I don't know about his actual birthday, but we had a fun time celebrating! We went to get sushi, yummy!

You know, it's always nice to come to a place where we might not all know each other, but through a common interest like Disney, we're all friends!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I fell behind on my own gf's PTR! I'm normally a better bf than that, I really am! :teeth:

Haha, you know that I'm just going to agree with you that you're biased :lovestruc

Ummm no, I'm pretty sure that was me. :rotfl: Just kidding. Hope you had a good birthday! :bday:party:

I'm going in April too...maybe I'll see you guys there!

Haha, maybe it's just because Weird hasn't seen a picture of you in the cars before :thumbsup2 Hopefully, we'll be able to meet even if it's just for a a short time!

:cake::bday: Happy Birthday to Weird!!:bday::cake:

RachelNinja ~ I'm definitely with you on the whole ToT thing! My older girls love it but I am not a big fan of the drop type rides. Years ago I went on the Demon Drop at Cedar Point (no comparison to our beloved WDW, I know ;)) ~ it's another ride where they send you up, push you forward and drop you down. Holy cow, I have never been so scared, LOL :eek: ~ no thank you!!
The girls swear they'll get me on ToT one day but since we are skipping DHS this trip, I'm saved, LOL!

Loving all the updates ~ can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2

I understand trying something once to know what it's all about, but since you and I both know what those drop rides are like ... um, no thanks! It's too much of a scare for me, and although I can't control my stress levels at work, this is one that I can control! Besides, if you think about it, if we're not into those rides, that's one less FP we need to get or one less line we need to wait on! I'd rather wait for something else!

DHS Research - Pixar Place and Mickey Avenue

Doing all of this research on Hollywood Studios is fun, but at this point, I admit that it's getting to be quite overwhelming! I really don't know the park at all! I guess if I just remind myself that the point of the day is to enjoy myself and not to necessarily hit every ride and show, it'll be a success. After I finish all the rides and shows, I'll have to compile a master list in my trip journal of the things that I must must must do!

Pixar Place

(1) Toy Story Midway Mania

This will definitely have to be the first stop. Fastpasses first and then waiting on the standby line. If the standby line is already long, it won't matter that much to me mainly because I've seen all the pictures of the queue and I'm eager to see it myself!

I love Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin and so many people say that Toy Story is better. I'm not sure if I will like it better ... I mean, I know it's 3D, but I like the idea of shooting actual targets. Seems ... old-timey to me, if that's a word, and I like it. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I know the scenes on the ride already though because a student who graduated last year lent me his copy of the Wii game. He was insistent that I try it, so Weird came over on a Saturday and we played it. It was really fun because I only like carnival games or racing games on the Wii or Gamecube. Curious to know how the real one will be in comparison!

For those of you who've been on it already, what do you think? Better than Buzz?

Mickey Avenue

(1) Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspian

Weird and I have a soft spot for the Narnia movies. We went to see the first movie with a bunch of church friends. We were together at that point but still a little awkward with each other. Didn't quite know how to act when we dated the first time around in our college years. Much later on, we admitted to each other that throughout the ENTIRE movie, we wanted to reach over and grab the other person's hand.

After the movie, we headed to Boulder Creek for dinner. IT was then as we were walking to the restaurant that we finally held hands for the first time. Or maybe it was when we left the restaurant. Haha, I don't remember, but I do remember that one of the girls we were with (who is now my cousin's girlfriend) turned around randomly and saw and got all giggly about it. Hehe, we were feeling the same thing on the inside.

Well, since we saw the first movie together, we just had to see the second one together too. Though I don't think it was AS good as the first one, there are a few funny parts that Weird and I always reference. For example, when Caspian says "guarantee," we can't stop laughing just because of the accent. Of course, there are the touching and powerful moments, like when Edmund is the one who destroys the White Witch in the ice when Peter faces temptation.

I hope that it'll still be open by the time we get there in April. I know there are props there and costumes to see, but for some reason, from what I've read, it doesn't seem like something that's going to last the ages, right? I at least want to see it once for myself! It'll be one of the things that will be possible to do because it's not a ride, so I can't imagine there being a wait like the other things at DHS.

(2) One Man's Dream

MUST SEE! Weird will definitely appreciate all the models that are in there. When I told a former student's mom, K, that I had never been there, she was shocked! I know, I know! I can't believe it either! I especially want to go because it's an important part of the first Kingdom Keepers book. Like I've said in an earlier post, I will be making references to the book so if you haven't read it and plan on doing so, you're going to have to avoid certain things in the TR! I'll be taking pictures of the things I read about and now will get to see!

I know DHS will be a different kind of park because it's not all about rides. There are going to be so many things to see! I hope Weird and I will manage to do a good chunk of these things.

Of course, I can't have an installment without pictures!

I'm pretty sure this is a Universal Studios picture (Ghostbusters sign in the back) so it feels wrong posting it, but you gotta love the styles! Don't you just love the fanny pack thing I've got going on? Although back then, we didn't call it a fanny pack; we called it a pouch. I didn't even carry anything important in it. I think it was just a juice box or two, tissues, and wet naps.
A269.jpg

Goofy in Disneyland. I'm surprised my mom was okay with taking a picture next to the characters. She doesn't like them much either because a long time ago in Universal, they used to chase after you and they were allowed to put their costume-y hands on you!
A230.jpg

I have a very vivid memory of going to take this picture. I thought I was being clever squatting down so it would look like I was drowning in the water, but I guess I didn't really act the part so it didn't work out the way I intended!
A252.jpg

Toy Story Midway Mania and One's Man Dream are definitely 'must do's'!! I prefer Toy Story over Buzz, I can aim better on TSMM - on Buzz I can never figure out which stupid little red light is mine! :laughing:

Your brother looks like he's in pain in the that first picture - like he can't believe he's having to stop for another photo!

haha, that one picture is hilarious! What is he ducking from?! :rotfl:

I used to use a fanny pack too. :laughing:

TSM is AWESOME. Definitely do not miss that one. :thumbsup2

Hi Rachel!

I'm checking in late but just caught up in your PTR. I read your other TR Flat Adventures and thought I'd join in on this one!

Here's to secretly hoping Weird proposes while in WDW :lovestruc I was engaged there and it was magical!

Toy Story Midway Mania and One's Man Dream are definitely 'must do's'!! I prefer Toy Story over Buzz, I can aim better on TSMM - on Buzz I can never figure out which stupid little red light is mine! :laughing:

Your brother looks like he's in pain in the that first picture - like he can't believe he's having to stop for another photo!

I'm afraid that I'll actually like TSM better ... I'll feel as if I'm betraying Buzz! We do buzz at least 3x each trip because we figure we'd rather do the rides we love many times instead of getting on all the rides. I'm curious about the movement of the vehicles though ... I've heard that they move from screen to screen pretty quickly or that they whip you around. Is that true? I'm wondering just in case my parents decided to go to DHS too; I'd have to warn my mom who doesn't care for much motion.

Haha, I'm trying to figure out what he was doing. Maybe he was about to take off his glasses. My parents always told him to take them off in pictures, but as you can see, he didn't!

I've never seen One Man's Dream either. Ha! We are in the same boat with that one!

It's a must see then! I feel as if it's kind of a rite of passage for a true WDW fan!

haha, that one picture is hilarious! What is he ducking from?! :rotfl:

I used to use a fanny pack too. :laughing:

TSM is AWESOME. Definitely do not miss that one. :thumbsup2

Fanny packs really are the most practical things to use because there's no weight on the shoulders and there's easy access to everything you're carrying. They're just not really the most flattering accessory to wear!

Would you suggest getting FP first and then riding TSM or vice versa? I want to be able to ride it twice, but I also don't want to look like a big ol' silly waiting on an extremely long FP line when the standby line is much shorter!

Hi Rachel!

I'm checking in late but just caught up in your PTR. I read your other TR Flat Adventures and thought I'd join in on this one!

Here's to secretly hoping Weird proposes while in WDW :lovestruc I was engaged there and it was magical!

Hi Jennifer! Welcome and yay to a new reader! :yay:

Hehe, I'm secretly hoping for it too! I don't mind a long engagement! It's just that there's no other time that we'd actually be in WDW before our Disneymoon so the timing is perfect!

Ooo, is the proposal story in one of your TRs? I'll have to check it out!

Would you suggest getting FP first and then riding TSM or vice versa? I want to be able to ride it twice, but I also don't want to look like a big ol' silly waiting on an extremely long FP line when the standby line is much shorter!

Oh gosh, that is a good question. I'd say it really depends on the crowds. When we were there in Dec. '08 we were able to ride right away and then got fastpasses on the way out. We thought we'd be able to use that same strategy in August but when we came out (again, rode right away in the morning...literally 5 minutes in and out) the fastpass line was a NIGHTMARE! I am not kidding when I'm saying it stretched all the way down to The Little Mermaid. It was insane.

But I guess I'd say ride first because most people are going to want to get the FPs right away. Wait for it to die down a bit.

I'm curious about the movement of the vehicles though ... I've heard that they move from screen to screen pretty quickly or that they whip you around. Is that true? I'm wondering just in case my parents decided to go to DHS too; I'd have to warn my mom who doesn't care for much motion.

It does turn you around in a circle when you are going between screens. And it does move rather quickly. I'd say that you can spin your car in Buzz just as fast as the TSMM car goes though. I'm not sure how much time you have at each screen, maybe a minute, probably less. I have issues with motion sickness as well and this doesn't bother me at all.

Hi Jennifer! Welcome and yay to a new reader! :yay:

Hehe, I'm secretly hoping for it too! I don't mind a long engagement! It's just that there's no other time that we'd actually be in WDW before our Disneymoon so the timing is perfect!

Ooo, is the proposal story in one of your TRs? I'll have to check it out!

It is! Its the Road Trip Engagement. December 2008 and I'm already married! :love:

Happy Belated Birthday to Weird. :goodvibes

Since TSM and Buzz are in different parks, I say: why do you have to choose a favorite? :confused3 That way you don't have to hurt anyone's feelings. TSM seems more exciting--faster paced, you know?

I am hoping we find time to go into 'One Man's Dream' this year.

Oh gosh, that is a good question. I'd say it really depends on the crowds. When we were there in Dec. '08 we were able to ride right away and then got fastpasses on the way out. We thought we'd be able to use that same strategy in August but when we came out (again, rode right away in the morning...literally 5 minutes in and out) the fastpass line was a NIGHTMARE! I am not kidding when I'm saying it stretched all the way down to The Little Mermaid. It was insane.

But I guess I'd say ride first because most people are going to want to get the FPs right away. Wait for it to die down a bit.

Thanks for the tip! I guess it really does depend on the crowds; going during peak season because of spring break really isn't the best plan, but teachers don't have much of a choice! I wish I could be one of those teachers that just takes off from a week of work and leaves the students to a sub! Then I could go at the most random time, like in September, when crowds are low!

It does turn you around in a circle when you are going between screens. And it does move rather quickly. I'd say that you can spin your car in Buzz just as fast as the TSMM car goes though. I'm not sure how much time you have at each screen, maybe a minute, probably less. I have issues with motion sickness as well and this doesn't bother me at all.

Thanks for the info! That sounds fine for me, and it sounds fine for my mom too since she can handle Buzz. Hehe, and I move the vehicle in Buzz every which way since I control it.

It is! Its the Road Trip Engagement. December 2008 and I'm already married! :love:

YAY! Looking forward to reading it!

Happy Belated Birthday to Weird. :goodvibes

Since TSM and Buzz are in different parks, I say: why do you have to choose a favorite? :confused3 That way you don't have to hurt anyone's feelings. TSM seems more exciting--faster paced, you know?

I am hoping we find time to go into 'One Man's Dream' this year.

I love your logic :) There's no reason to pick a favorite! I can just love ALL the rides and attractions ... except for Country Bear Jamboree ... haha.

DHS Research - Animation Courtyard

In an attempt to distract myself from the feelings of ickiness, I'll see if I can write another installment for my DHS Research. Unfortunately, the stomach virus is sweeping through my school, and it's affecting students and teachers alike. So many students have gone home over the past few days; I feel bad for the nurse having to deal with vomiting students! Blech.

This is a bit off topic, but I did get quite upset with two particular students. One of my 6th grade girls was absent last Friday. She was still throwing up on Saturday morning, but then she went to a birthday party in the afternoon! This is how another 6th grade girl got sick! The rule is that you must wait 24 hours, and that was clearly not 24 hours! I know that the germs would have spread anyway since she wasn't the only one who had it, but some of it could have been contained just a bit.

Then a 7th grade boy came in my classroom during 1st period on Friday and said, "Miss Ninja, if I run to the garbage can or the bathroom in the middle of class, it's because I have to throw up." I immediately said, "Why did you come to school?!?" I sent him to the nurse without waiting for anything to happen and within a short amount of time, he was back to pick upstairs to get his belongings since he was going home.

Like I said, I know the virus would have spread anyway, but things like that just bother me. Every year when it goes around, I get a minor case of it. Hopefully, that stays true for this year too. Since I've dealt with nausea on a daily basis in high school and college (undiagnosed acid reflux, esophagus and stomach issues, gallbladder issues), I'm very used to keeping it down. I think that's why it's difficult for me because sometimes just getting rid of the germs is the easiest way to get over it.

Anyway, that was quite a digression and one that might have been TMI! Sorry about that! But I'm guessing it shouldn't be that bad because a few of you are teachers and many of you are mothers! You know my pain! Back to Disney planning!

Animation Courtyard

(1) Voyage of the Little Mermaid

I've read that the show only has a few of the well-known songs and that they don't exactly act out the entire story. I do remember the queue being frightening to me as a child because I really don't like things under the sea! Isn't there a diver's suit there? And now as I'm reading about it, I see that there's a shark! Sharks (along with buffalo, whales, etc.) are what frighten me the most. If you read my first TR, you'll see that I had such a fear going to a restaurant because they had a fake shark hanging above the check-in area!

I don't have any special love for Ariel or the movie although I love singing "Part of Your World" via karaoke on YouTube whenever I'm home alone! Because of that, this may be one of those attractions that we'll see if we have the time and need a rest. The puppet of Ursula might be enough of a draw to see it though!

(2) The Magic of Disney Animation

This will be another area that I know Weird will appreciate because he's the more artistic one. I'm excited to see the Animation Academy, but I probably won't be that thrilled about drawing on my own because I can't draw well at all! But I've seen a lot of examples of the characters of people claiming to be bad drawers, yet it's still easy to tell who the character is. It'll definitely be an experience. If I take pictures of the 2 attempts, you'll clearly be able to see which one is Weird's and which one is mine!

I also know that there are some characters here. It'd be pretty fun to meet the characters from Up, particularly Carl Frederickson! We enjoyed the movie a lot, but there's still a part of me that's hesitant because the characters are quite large ...

(3) Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!

I would love to eventually take our kiddies to see this show when we actually have kiddies (or IF we actually do because with all the drama going on in kids' lives these days, I'd have to put our kids in bubbles to keep them separated from it all), but at the moment, it's not a stop we need to make!

And of course, can't be an installment on my PTR if there aren't any pictures!

I loved being able to be the same height (well, actually a bit taller!) as the shops in the area that existed before ToonTown. Um, Birthdayland? Starland? I don't really know the difference, but I know they were there ages ago. I felt special being able to fit under the awning!
A226.jpg

I remember when we were getting on "it's a small world" on this trip. My cousin and I both wanted to sit on the end, but she also wanted to sit next to me. I was adamant about getting the end, and I didn't mind if we didn't sit together since it was only for the duration of the ride and we'd still be able to talk or comment across our parents. Well, my cousin and I both sat on the ends of the seats, but she eventually switched to sit next to me. Now that I think about it, it was quite silly because we were in the front row so it's easy to see everything! Of course, now I might rather sit on the inside since I don't want to get an IASW doll bite on my leg ... (Kingdom Keepers reference!).
A256.jpg

Riding 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea when it still existed! I think this might be why I'm afraid of octopus or squid! I think I looked away at one point to say something to my mom, and then when I turned back to look out the little window, there was the HUGE creature just staring at me! I probably wouldn't ride it now if it still existed.
A276.jpg

We did the Animation Academy for the first time last December and loved it! It was one of those things I always overlooked because I wasn't really sure what it was. I think you'll enjoy it because I did and I can't draw at all either!

From the sound of your phobias, the Voyage of the Little Mermaid might freak you out too much. Take a peek inside the queue and see if you can handle it. I don't think there is anything actually inside the theater that would bother you though.

Ahhh, I have a picture in that little Daisy store too. I think it was called Birthdayland first and then Starland. Same difference if you ask me. :laughing:

We did the Animation Academy for the first time last December and loved it! It was one of those things I always overlooked because I wasn't really sure what it was. I think you'll enjoy it because I did and I can't draw at all either!

From the sound of your phobias, the Voyage of the Little Mermaid might freak you out too much. Take a peek inside the queue and see if you can handle it. I don't think there is anything actually inside the theater that would bother you though.

I think that the desks that are in the academy are the same desks that were in Virtual Magic Kingdom; I might be mistaken. If so, I definitely have to get a picture of flat Weird and Ninja with them!

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I might avoid VOTLM unless we have nothing else to do. There's no need to be frightened on vacation unless it's a fun kind of fright (ex. anticipation of going on a thrill ride).

Ahhh, I have a picture in that little Daisy store too. I think it was called Birthdayland first and then Starland. Same difference if you ask me. :laughing:

I think it'd be so cool if they still had those little shops! It'd be cute to take those yearly pictures of the kiddies there, see how fast they grow and stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter