It's Back-January Trip-A-Day Contest!

Obviously I didn't win yet.
I tried to enter about 12:15am and I got the maximum message. Then about 6:30am I tried again and got in. Hmm so I thought as I did it from my phone when I woke up so I hope I wasn't dreaming. LOL

Due to some insomnia, I've figured out that it is 12 am pacific time. So it resets the day at 3am eastern time. I haven't had any trouble entering in the very early morning. But I think I'm the only one awake at that time. :) i think a lot of the errors are because of the number of people trying to enter at the same time.

I'm wishing I could be going down but life is busy and my husband and I have our Special needs son with us so packing up and going on vacation takes lots of juggling.

I so get it! I am a mom to four, including one 'special' ds. I sometimes long to get away just myself or with my dh. Never happens though :rolleyes:

And oh my, what is with the weather this winter?!? It's been so much colder, snowier and over-cast this winter. We were at WDW in Dec and I was longing for warm weather and an 'escape' from our cold weather. Instead, it was mostly cold while we were there. So, I need a redo with some warm temps this time :dance3:

Due to some insomnia, I've figured out that it is 12 am pacific time. So it resets the day at 3am eastern time. I haven't had any trouble entering in the very early morning. But I think I'm the only one awake at that time. :) i think a lot of the errors are because of the number of people trying to enter at the same time.

That makes total sense!!!
Sorry to hear about your insomnia. Now I know if I have it I have someone probably up to talk to me. :thumbsup2
I agree it has to do with the amount of people trying to enter.
Although last Saturday no matter what time of day I tried it was a no go.

But if we think about it, if we are trying to enter say between 9-12 in the morning, that would also be when the people in the west coast are getting up to try. So yup overload. And every time they send out one of those emails announcing the contest more people are trying.

If I thought getting up at 4am gave me any shot at winning verses the rest of my efforts, I'd set my alarm, but ya no thanks. I hope I can sleep in tomorrow. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Oh and again this makes sense. Because I have a friend not far from here that has not had any problems but I bet she is trying at 5-6am because she takes the train into work. I'll have to ask her tomorrow.
pixiedust:

I keep getting e-mails about Disney related stuff with like "Oh my Disney" in the subject line and every time it gets me :(

ya any subject that has the world Disney has my heart pitter patter. Today I got a phone call from Theresa NY. First thought was OMG is that New York, but I didn't dare pick up and sure enough it wasn't Disney. I can't remember what it was but I know it wasn't that I won. I was sad.

Hey - I think it is OK even if you were complaining :goodvibes

Cold weather is miserable and, even though it could be worse, you can still not like zero degree and colder - ouch!

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate and dreaming about sunny FL seems like a good escape! I've never done a solo trip but would imagine it would be awesome...go at your own pace, eat everything you want, sleep in when you want...sounds awesome!

Here's to hoping for that winning call/email/FedEx package :cool1:

That's very kind of you for telling me I can complain but I don't want to complain because the cold is temporary and I am blessed with a home that has heat and I have more than enough clothing and blankets to layer and be warm if I stopped obsessing about reading Disney stuff. I can't believe how bad this is getting. A day doesn't go by that I'm not mentioning JetBlue or disney to someone. It's becoming a sickness.

And yes Solo was the best. I would laugh if I was walking and decided to turn around and go in the opposite direction. No one to explain it to and no one to be annoyed if I stopped and talked to a CM or didn't want to do something. I even went to the dance party with the Incredibles and was that 52 year old lady (yes chubby) dancing and sweating to the beat. I was having the time of my life dancing and it was obvious I was not with anyone.
The lump in my throat came when I noticed a make a wish family surounding a young man laying on a "hospital bed" (not sure what to call it) and Mr. and Mrs. Incredible came over to dance with him. I don't know who was smiling bigger the young man or the family supporting him. I was thinking of the blessing I have that although my 23 year old has limitations, it's nothing compared to this families challenges but it was obvious love was getting them through it.

Disney really is my paradise. The place I can go and just leave life here behind.I feel so well taken care of that I don't have to drive and I can just spend time walking around and people watching. I'm very fascinated by people and watching behaviors. You can tell a lot about people.
I wish my son would be able to enjoy it with me, but he has too much anxiety around crowds and the characters are weird to him.

I so get it! I am a mom to four, including one 'special' ds. I sometimes long to get away just myself or with my dh. Never happens though :rolleyes:

And oh my, what is with the weather this winter?!? It's been so much colder, snowier and over-cast this winter. We were at WDW in Dec and I was longing for warm weather and an 'escape' from our cold weather. Instead, it was mostly cold while we were there. So, I need a redo with some warm temps this time :dance3:

Hmmm I visited Colorado about 7 years ago and they had a snow storm but the next day it was so nice and warm. Interesting you are getting cold too.
Are your children young? The hard part about my son is that in some ways he is able and other ways he really can't be on his own because of safety.
As you can tell I'm a social person so there is limitations with his anxiety around people. He just likes to be home. We get some respite and my inlaws have been great helping so that we can vacation but reality is they are getting older and I need to find other people that will be able to stay with him. Seems we find people and then for one reason or another it doesn't work out. Thankfully for day/night respite my other son can stay with his brother. And thankfully he doesn't mind being home with him.

With having 4 children, sounds like the other 3 might be as my other son is for the future. We had not been on a vacation just the two of us in 25 years. It was last year when we went that I said that we deserve a vacation a year. Especially since our friends are now able to have regular time away and pretty much the social circles we were in no longer exist because their kids have moved on their own in life so we don't have school and social events to attend.

On this note, I'm tired and need to try to get some sleep. I have no plans for tomorrow so I'm hoping that I can be motivated tomorrow and make some progress on organizing some things I've been putting off doing.

Good night everyone. Happy entering!!

Disney really is my paradise. The place I can go and just leave life here behind.

This is definitely the way I feel. I'm the one that does all the planning, coordinating, etc. not just on our trips but in our personal life too. I love going to WDW because there I don't have to be the one in charge all the time.

I don't know...I usually get up pretty early, and there have been two times where the "Enter" button hasn't shown up for me, and both those times were when I was trying to enter between 4am & 5am (Central time). Although insomnia tonight has me up since 1:30, and I entered at 3:50 with no problems.

.......... and because Disney builds IT systems that can't support the demand they build.

As of 8:30am EST, I'm having trouble entering again. Just says there was an error entering the sweepstakes. Tried several times after logging out and refreshing the page, no luck. Will try again later, maybe from my iphone.

Maybe the server is super busy on Saturday morning with everyone trying to enter at once? :confused3

As of 8:30am EST, I'm having trouble entering again. Just says there was an error entering the sweepstakes. Tried several times after logging out and refreshing the page, no luck. Will try again later, maybe from my iphone. Maybe the server is super busy on Saturday morning with everyone trying to enter at once? :confused3

This happened to me yesterday. I must have tried 20-30 times on multiple devices (just a little obsessed over here ;) ). I don't think my entry ever went through.

It can't be system overload - I tried between 5am & midnight. Today? No problem - went right thru at 7am. I really need to find a hobby lol!

I'm not going to lie - I'm now really frustrated with this contest. I am going on 6 days of not being able to enter - it gives me the try again error and then the maximum submissions error. I've deleted cookies, rebooted, used a different browser - heck, used a different computer even! To no avail.

One state over in Utah and we've been having a very mild and warm winter! It's been very strange! We've had more rain than snow in the valley. I'm not complaining too much though...I'm actually enjoying the warm weather!

Been able to enter all week. I have the page bookmarked so I just go through there. I also wait till about between 8-10 am mst to enter.

I wish we heard from some winners soon. It makes it a bit more fun and real!

I'm not going to lie - I'm now really frustrated with this contest. I am going on 6 days of not being able to enter - it gives me the try again error and then the maximum submissions error. I've deleted cookies, rebooted, used a different browser - heck, used a different computer even! To no avail.

I suggest you set up a new account with Disney with a different email address and see if that works. Only use one or the other to enter - not both.

We just were able to get myself and my husband entered-- no problems today.

One state over in Utah and we've been having a very mild and warm winter! It's been very strange! We've had more rain than snow in the valley. I'm not complaining too much though...I'm actually enjoying the warm weather!

Yep, I have a friend in Utah and she says the same. We compare temps sometimes and even though she is further north in Utah than I am in the Denver area, she is much warmer a lot of the times. Crazy!

You cannot choose a DVC resort so no suites. However, you can add an additional room at 40-50% off.

Are all of the suite rooms DVCs? For example the GF has a room they describe as "Outer Bldg-1 Bedroom Suite -Club Level Access". That's a DVC room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter