It's August, time to go to Disney! A 2018 PTR. updated with final plans/changes 08/15!

POFQ is really nice and small, however the magical deals are so good, I would stick with the Poly, love it there!

So glad you are still going, bummer we will miss each other by 1 day. I thought our dates weren’t the same but then I started thinking you were coming in on the 15th not the 21st! Oh well, I would have loved to hang out some.

Definitely HBD, ate there (again solo) in January and it was wonderful!! So delicious, and the server was delightful.
I ate there 2 years ago on my birthday trip and really enjoyed it. I think I will switch to go back there. Thanks for the advice! :)

I do hope, though, that maybe when Clare gets a little older that you'll be able to take another shot at this and make those memories with her. Worst case scenario, three years from now, she can make her own decisions about when and where she wants to travel, and you two girls can go and live it up!
Thanks Meghan!! That is exactly what I am hoping. :hug:
Also, you should book at HBD! And get the cobb salad! One of my Disney favourites!! :love:
I do love it there and that Cobb salad is the best!!!! :worship:

h...tough call! I know how wonderful that magical deal can be. That's how we did Poly last time, and how we're doing the Grand this time. And the convenience at the Poly is really incredible. Monorail to MK, walk or monorail to TTC, and then monorail to Epcot. And such a beautiful resort! But the PO resorts are also lovely, and it's always fun to try new places. And with the summer room offers, you could end up saving almost $100 a night. That might be worth it to me to switch if it's a solo trip.
So, I was curious and went and checked out how much POR would be. Even with the summer offer the difference is only $259 Us. So I think I am going to stay put and enjoy all the Poly has to offer. :)

So sorry about the unexpected news. That really sucks!
Thanks Jenny! I am still pretty bummed about it but am trying to make the best of it.

POFQ is really nice and small, however the magical deals are so good, I would stick with the Poly, love it there!

So glad you are still going, bummer we will miss each other by 1 day. I thought our dates weren’t the same but then I started thinking you were coming in on the 15th not the 21st! Oh well, I would have loved to hang out some.
I know!! It would have been so fun to hang out! Hopefully our paths will cross again soon. :) I think I am going to stick with Poly as it is only $259 more than POR. Guess that shows what a deal I got......

So, I was curious and went and checked out how much POR would be. Even with the summer offer the difference is only $259 Us. So I think I am going to stay put and enjoy all the Poly has to offer. :)

With that math, I'd make exactly the same choice. Good call! As my generation seems to like to say these days: "Treat yo'self!" :goodvibes

Time for Day 6 plans!!

Today is time for Kona Cafe!!!! I love, love, love breakfast at Kona. I was very happy to see the Samoan back on the menu as I have been eager to try this. Hopefully I won't be seduced by my beloved Tonga Toast.....don't you wish they would do 1/2 orders so you could have the best of both worlds??
After breakfast I plan on ordering a Minnie Van and heading over to Typhoon Lagoon. Nothing like a few hours playing in the wave pool and relaxing in the lazy river to start the day off right! I found a super cute long sleeved navy and white striped rash guard which will be perfect for a waterpark day. I don't want to end up looking like a cooked lobster!

Animal Kingdom is up next on the agenda with the following plans in mind;

1. Drinks at Nomad Lounge
  2. Dinner at Satuli Canteen
  3. FoP!
  4. EE at night.
  5. Rivers of Light
  6. Soaking in the various street performances and enjoying it all.
Ideally I would love to make it back to the Poly for a late night Dole Whip and the chance to catch the Electrical Water Pageant go by. I never tire of it!

Animal Kingdom is up next on the agenda with the following plans in mind;
  1. Drinks at Nomad Lounge
  2. Dinner at Satuli Canteen
  3. FoP!
  4. EE at night.
  5. Rivers of Light
  6. Soaking in the various street performances and enjoying it all.

This is a perfect night at Animal Kingdom! :lovestruc

Sounds like a fun day and night planned. I really liked my one breakfast at Kona a few years ago.

I will be excited to hear about your day at Typhoon Lagoon. We have never been because of Andi’s pool phobia:sad2:

This is a perfect night at Animal Kingdom! :lovestruc
I just love the parks at night, there is something extra special about it. :)

The Electric Water Parade NEVER gets old!!!
So true!!! I just love it!

Also Day 6 sounds amazing!
Thanks! I am so excited for it!

I will be excited to hear about your day at Typhoon Lagoon. We have never been because of Andi’s pool phobia:sad2:
Oh Typhoon Lagoon is SO amazing!!!!!! Maybe Andi could just hang out and you could try it. It is really clean too if she is phobic of pool germs.

Fastpasses are booked!!!!

Yay! Even though I couldn't get online until after 10 am (darn work!) I was able to get everything I wanted, including FoP and Slinky Dog!!

Currently I only have a 5 day hopper plus (most likely upgrading to AP upon arrival) so I could only book 5 park days for now. I will have to hope for the best when booking additional days later on. :)

Here's how it looks for now;
  • Epcot on arrival day (EMH until 11 pm)...... Soarin' 3:25 - 4:25, Spaceship Earth 4:25 - 5:25, Mission Space 5:55 - 6:55. I switched out my Via Napoli ADR for Tokyo Dining as I needed a later time to accommodate my FPs.
  • Animal Kingdom (Day 1).......Dinosaur 9:30-10:30, FoLK 10:30-11:30, UP! Bird show 1:15.
  • Hollywood Studios (evening with EMH until 12:30)......ToT 5:25-6:25, SDD 8:10-9:10, Fantasmic (late showing).
  • Animal Kingdom (Day 2)......Kilimanjaro Safari 5:25-6:25, FoP 6:30-7:30, Rivers of Light.
  • Magic Kingdom.......Peter Pan's Flight 9:25-10:25, SDMT 10:45-11:45, Haunted Mansion 1:00-2:00.

59 days to go!!!:yay:

Here's how it looks for now;
  • Epcot on arrival day (EMH until 11 pm)...... Soarin' 3:25 - 4:25, Spaceship Earth 4:25 - 5:25, Mission Space 5:55 - 6:55. I switched out my Via Napoli ADR for Tokyo Dining as I needed a later time to accommodate my FPs.
  • Animal Kingdom (Day 1).......Dinosaur 9:30-10:30, FoLK 10:30-11:30, UP! Bird show 1:15.
  • Hollywood Studios (evening with EMH until 12:30)......ToT 5:25-6:25, SDD 8:10-9:10, Fantasmic (late showing).

Your fastpasses look great! We will be in Epcot that night too (Aug 21, right?)! We have FP+ for Animal Kingdom earlier in the day, so we'll try to get some additional ones for Epcot that evening. And we will be at Hollywood Studios for the evening EMH on Aug 24. That will be our last park night. We are planning on going to Magic Kingdom for early EMH, and then head to HS in the afternoon, so that will be a long day, but should be lots of fun! :goodvibes

We are planning on going to Magic Kingdom for early EMH, and then head to HS in the afternoon, so that will be a long day, but should be lots of fun! :goodvibes
Thanks! We are doing the EMH at MK on the 24th too. Sounds like we may cross paths several times. We should definitely try for a Dismeet to say hello! :)

Real life update!

Just have to share a very proud Momma moment.....
my oldest son, Jack, graduated from high school last night!

Here he is with his proud parents!
F9EDF856-EDF9-487C-B36A-24EF2FBD3D16.jpeg
Back soon with Day 7 plans! :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter