It's almost October and I'll be in my "Happy Place" again!!!

41 days till my first DVC stay...Just Mom and I..F & W. MNSHHP. 1 night at Jambo and snagged a 1bedroom at BWV for the other 3 nights!!!! So excited!!! BTW....what is the wrist band thing? How does it work?

Not sure how many days - middle of October and keeping fingers crossed it all goes smooth - 9 people - 5 studios - 3 BCV and 2 SSR.

My future daughter-in-law has a DMV hearing - I hope she can postpone - right in the middle of our trip.

41 days till my first DVC stay...Just Mom and I..F & W. MNSHHP. 1 night at Jambo and snagged a 1bedroom at BWV for the other 3 nights!!!! So excited!!! BTW....what is the wrist band thing? How does it work?

The wristlet is a wonderful invention for use at the F & W Festival. You can purchase them at Guest Relations and several other places throughout Epcot including the F & W headquarters(where Wonders of Life used to be). It's just a small themed gift card that is on an expandable wristlet which makes it very easy to just "Swipe & Eat". You don't have to keep going to your wallet for cash or a credit card. It is BRILLIANT. We are definitely getting those again!

Have a blast! :goodvibes

The wristlet is a wonderful invention for use at the F & W Festival. You can purchase them at Guest Relations and several other places throughout Epcot including the F & W headquarters(where Wonders of Life used to be). It's just a small themed gift card that is on an expandable wristlet which makes it very easy to just "Swipe & Eat". You don't have to keep going to your wallet for cash or a credit card. It is BRILLIANT. We are definitely getting those again!

Have a blast! :goodvibes

Silly question...is it just Epcot guest relations or will all the parks have them? We are going to DHS on our arrival night and have to go to GR anyways to get our AP vouchers exchanged and buy a TIW card. If I can get my giftcard-on-a-bracelet while I'm at it, that would be great.

Silly question...is it just Epcot guest relations or will all the parks have them? We are going to DHS on our arrival night and have to go to GR anyways to get our AP vouchers exchanged and buy a TIW card. If I can get my giftcard-on-a-bracelet while I'm at it, that would be great.

Kristen, I'm not sure. I think you can only get the F & W themed gift cards at Epcot. But I could be wrong about that.

I know what you mean. We're down to only 20 days! Before I know it, we'll be doing the single-digit dance! :banana: :cool1: :woohoo: :yay:

I am waiting for my DME packet. Once that arrives, I feel like I'm in the "home stretch"...but then what:confused3? Around 20-30 days out, I hit the "stall" phase...too late to tinker with anything, too early to start actual packing. DH was laughing at me because I've done a few "dry runs" with my packing, trying to figure out which bags will work the best, what will fit where, how much clothes I really need, etc. I've gone through my "practice packing" several times already and he thinks I am just ridiculous.

I so totally understand this. I'm at 23 days, getting really anxious :cool1: but kinda bored at the same time :confused3
The arrangements are all made, but it is too early to pack, order groceries or stalk the weather sites. So for now I am piling things on top of the suitcases waiting until it gets close enough to actually put things in them. Once the 15 day forecast is available then I know it is just around the corner and I can start preparing again.

20 days and I just can't wait! Saratoga Springs is home for me! I miss my "happy place" and it has only been 7 months since we were there! LOL

I know what you mean, Babs! I love SSR. My girls and I will be having our pre-Disney trip meeting next week to discuss things, do a little planning and get all finances in order. And of course to get even MORE excited.

To another PP, I love the "practice packing" idea! :thumbsup2

Linda! I'm here, my friend! We leave on Sunday, Oct. 2nd so we are only 29 days out...:banana: I received the DME booklet in the mail yesterday, used Frequent Flyer miles to get our flights booked and we are READY. Now I'm just trying to stockpile a little spending money for the trip. We purchased those wristlet gift cards last year for F & W which worked like a dream. SWIPE AND EAT. They should change the name of the festival to that. We're going to the "Swipe & Eat" Festival! Whoop!

Let's count it down everyone! We'll all be there soon.

Linda, how are you and your DH preparing for the S & E? ;)

OMG!!! I forgot DME!!!! Later..

It's almost October and I'll be in my "Happy Place" again!!!

This is what I call it!!! And we're also going in October (28 days)and staying at BWV. I lived in the Bronx (when I was 4), Co-Op City...is it still there?

Sure Co-Op City is there! ;)

I can't believe I totally forgot the DME!!! Cee - if I hadn't taken the time NOW to read up on some of the posts I'd never have remembered to schedule it. Lucy at MS said not to worry. She personally has spoken to DME Management and they told her that "if a member doesn't get his or her package, simply give the DME personal at the desk the "airline luggage tag" and they'll retrieve the luggage and deliver it. But I sure hope I get my package by 10/8!

You realize this all the Federal Government's fault. If I wasn't on this darn Special Jury Duty I'd have more time for Disney!!!!:rotfl2:

Just a few days to our semi-happy place (DL) as a company retreat, and then a couple months until Aulani! Woo Hoo :cool1:

Our trip to WDW is now passed, but it was supposed to be a family reunion to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary...instead, it was a grieving and healing time as my father passed away 10 days after their anniversary and 10 days before the trip. I just can't bring myself to remove the ticker. :(

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's been awhile since I've been on the board and just now saw your post. My sympathies. However, I can't think of a better place to "remember" all the wonderful times you shared with your father and family than in WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts