It's a WONDER we have any money left after the Cruise! - All done!

LOVE the FE! It looks great! And I absolutely love the idea about Disney recipes! I would have joined in on our FE had I known someone would be giving me some Disney recipes. Good thinking!

Also, the two times I went to the Laundry room, all of the washers and dryers were running. This was at night though, so not sure if it's less busy in the mornings/afternoons.

I was pleasantly surprised when we had no problems doing laundry the few times we've tried. Our cabin was pretty close so it was very easy.

Yes you can put on your room key. I want to say something like $2/3 per load. Problem is....washer and dryers are stacked. No place to take a load out and set it so you can put yours in.

:headache:

LOVE the FE! It looks great! And I absolutely love the idea about Disney recipes! I would have joined in on our FE had I known someone would be giving me some Disney recipes. Good thinking!

Also, the two times I went to the Laundry room, all of the washers and dryers were running. This was at night though, so not sure if it's less busy in the mornings/afternoons.

I hope that I can get the recipe book done. I've only got 4-5 Disney recipes, but I'm thinking a dozen in the book. I have to get it done now! Along with my other TR!

I was pleasantly surprised when we had no problems doing laundry the few times we've tried. Our cabin was pretty close so it was very easy.

Like I said, I'm going to try and pack enough so that we don't have to do laundry, but maybe for emergencies.

I have no idea how much luggage they allow you to take on. If we can each take two suitcases, maybe I can get enough for the week. Fran already has a couple outfits set out for me to pack, I on the other hand have no idea what I'm going to pack. I don't need to buy any new dresses for formal night, while I don't have anything as stunning as Corinna's (actually I do, but Fran told me that they were costumes and not suitable as formal dresses, I thought they were fine, they ARE ball gowns albeit 19th century, but still I thought they looked good. However it would have taken a whole suitcase for the petticoat! :lmao:)

I'll go with knee length dresses for formal and semi formal night. Although I have a couple dresses that are floor length, but not sure if they would really be formal or even fit any more! :lmao:

I need to get on this, but more importantly, I need to get on the recipe book!

I hope that I can get the recipe book done. I've only got 4-5 Disney recipes, but I'm thinking a dozen in the book. I have to get it done now! Along with my other TR!

Oh wow you're putting quite a few in there. If time runs out, i'm sure just one or two more would be fine. Heck! I'd be happy with three recipes!

Oh wow you're putting quite a few in there. If time runs out, i'm sure just one or two more would be fine. Heck! I'd be happy with three recipes!

OK that's good to know because I already have a few figured out. Maybe if I can't find my comb binder, I can just print them out on nice cards and tie them up with a ribbon. Perhaps I'm thinking too big! It wouldn't be the first time. I don't want to give away too much if any of my other cruisers are lurking here. I know at least one might be!

I will tell you I made one of the recipes last night and it was nummy! I really enjoyed it. I made a similar thing for Fran but not the same. I REALLY like this one!

There is no limit on how much luggage you can bring on, maybe I should tell you that though.:rotfl2: Our limit is always due to airline baggage fees.

The 7 night and shorter cruises seem to be a little less formal than the longer 14 or 15 night cruises so you'll be fine. You'll see a full range of dresses during the night from casual to formal.

OK that's good to know because I already have a few figured out. Maybe if I can't find my comb binder, I can just print them out on nice cards and tie them up with a ribbon. Perhaps I'm thinking too big! It wouldn't be the first time. I don't want to give away too much if any of my other cruisers are lurking here. I know at least one might be!

I will tell you I made one of the recipes last night and it was nummy! I really enjoyed it. I made a similar thing for Fran but not the same. I REALLY like this one!

A few printed on nice cards would be great. The FE we've been in have been on a small scale primarily for the kids.

How much do they cost? Do they just add it on to your KTTW and room charge? We're on deck 8 so that should be easy!

It's annoying when people do that, but I have no problem taking their clothes and putting them on the washer while I wash mine. I'm going to try to keep the washing to a minimum and only if we run out of clothes.

The woollite is a good idea for the small things. I also way overpack underwear, I hate being uncomfortable!

Also, my TA sent me an email. He received my cruise docs and is forwarding them on to me along with a $50 gift card!
so the gift card could go towards laundry or germ killer....decisions decisions...

:headache:

Like I said, I'm going to try and pack enough so that we don't have to do laundry, but maybe for emergencies.

I have no idea how much luggage they allow you to take on. If we can each take two suitcases, maybe I can get enough for the week. Fran already has a couple outfits set out for me to pack, I on the other hand have no idea what I'm going to pack. I don't need to buy any new dresses for formal night, while I don't have anything as stunning as Corinna's (actually I do, but Fran told me that they were costumes and not suitable as formal dresses, I thought they were fine, they ARE ball gowns albeit 19th century, but still I thought they looked good. However it would have taken a whole suitcase for the petticoat! :lmao:)

I'll go with knee length dresses for formal and semi formal night. Although I have a couple dresses that are floor length, but not sure if they would really be formal or even fit any more! :lmao:

I need to get on this, but more importantly, I need to get on the recipe book!
like i have said before i have never been on Disney, but the other lines you can carry as much as you want, the problem is finding places for your bags in your cabin.

dvid and I carry two large and one medium suitcase when we travel.. they all fit under the bad when they are pushed together to make a large bed..

If I were you, I would print them on 5X7's, maybe laminate them, and punch a hole in the corners and keep them together with Disney ribbon. I had seen some cute ribbon at Joann's fabric and Hobby Lobby before.

You will have to share this recipe after the cruise then! :cool1:

How much do they cost? Do they just add it on to your KTTW and room charge? We're on deck 8 so that should be easy!

It's annoying when people do that, but I have no problem taking their clothes and putting them on the washer while I wash mine. I'm going to try to keep the washing to a minimum and only if we run out of clothes.

The woollite is a good idea for the small things. I also way overpack underwear, I hate being uncomfortable!

Also, my TA sent me an email. He received my cruise docs and is forwarding them on to me along with a $50 gift card!

We always used to pay $2 per load of washing and $1 per cycle in the dryer, but when we were on the Wonder for our Hawaii cruise, both the washers and the dryers were $1. This just gets added to your stateroom account.

The gift card is nice. That should cover a few Drinks of the Day.

Corinna

There is no limit on how much luggage you can bring on, maybe I should tell you that though.:rotfl2: Our limit is always due to airline baggage fees.

The 7 night and shorter cruises seem to be a little less formal than the longer 14 or 15 night cruises so you'll be fine. You'll see a full range of dresses during the night from casual to formal.

From our cruise documents it looks like we could possibly do four suitcases each, but we won't need THAT much and I doubt even a CL room doesn't have that much storage.

so the gift card could go towards laundry or germ killer....decisions decisions...

I'm going to try and do as little laundry as possible.

If I were you, I would print them on 5X7's, maybe laminate them, and punch a hole in the corners and keep them together with Disney ribbon. I had seen some cute ribbon at Joann's fabric and Hobby Lobby before.

I think this is what I will do. Time is running out! :eek:

We always used to pay $2 per load of washing and $1 per cycle in the dryer, but when we were on the Wonder for our Hawaii cruise, both the washers and the dryers were $1. This just gets added to your stateroom account.

The gift card is nice. That should cover a few Drinks of the Day.

Corinna

As I said, hopefully I can get away without doing laundry!

Tomorrow I can officially start packing! Right now my suitcases are being held at Bell Services at the GCH. In a couple hours our concert band plays at DCA. Right now we are killing time at the security check point because we arrived an hour early. After our performance we'll rum around the parks a bit and then go home. Once I get this weekend's clothes out of the suitcase, I'll start packing for the cruise! :banana:

Great idea!

I know that Alison already has 4 or 5 ready. If I were in your shoes, Alison, I would start printing them out and laminating the ones that you already have. That way, if you run out of time, you already have these to go. If you get time to add more, you can. :thumbsup2

I hope the event goes well today :)

It went really well. There was a lot of sitting around, but when it came down, we played very well. I should post our picture somewhere.

Great idea!

I know that Alison already has 4 or 5 ready. If I were in your shoes, Alison, I would start printing them out and laminating the ones that you already have. That way, if you run out of time, you already have these to go. If you get time to add more, you can. :thumbsup2

Actually I don't have any "ready" I've typed in one complete recipe and two half recipes. Fran located one online so I can copy and paste, but they will still need to be formatted. What I'm thinking is that I will format them four to a page and print them on a card stock. Now that the Disney performance is over, and I don't have to worry about Thanksgiving dinner, I can focus a little more on packing and my FEE.

we you already on the germ killer? :cheer2: Just teasing...

It was 8AM in the morning! Stupid smartphone autocorrect! :headache:

OK, it's time for an interactive part of the TR. It's time that I have started on packing for the cruise. While I looked into having some beautiful gown made like Corinna does, in reality, I have a lot of nice dresses that I've only worn once or not at all. So I've narrowed it down to three. My question is which do you think I should wear for Formal night? Should I wear the second choice for Semi-Formal night?

Fran has given her opinion, and she'll be wearing her tux on formal night, possibly a black tux shirt with a white dinner jacket for semi formal night.

The lighting is a little off here, but this dress is black.

DSCN8878.jpg

This dress is a dark purple

DSCN8879.jpg

This one is black as well and the top is covered in sequins and beads.

DSCN8883.jpg

Let me know which ones you think I should pick!

I am partial to the first one. It has a fun look to it!

I vote for the 1st and 3rd, use one for formal and the other for semi-formal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter