It's a Small but Magical World - a Thanksgiving 2018 Trip Report

I totally thought you had left DD4 in the stroller or something. Excellent water protection skills you two have!

Haha! Don't put that past me! But I'm happy to report she stayed nice and dry.

OMG!!! We waited WAAAAY too long for Anna and Elsa awhile back. It was when they were still in the Magic Kingdom, pretty sure we waited an hour and a half maybe almost 2 hours! Oye! And there were fast passes for it. but it was so popular back then you needed to book it 7 days into your trip and we only had 4 days. :( the things we do for our kids!

Seriously! That is crazy. They are fun to meet though!

Anna and Elsa

Anna and Elsa were a great meet for us! Anna is always so much fun. The girls were fascinated with the castles behind both characters. I think they might have been more excited to see Elsa’s castle than Elsa herself! You’ll have to watch the videos to see the full interaction, but here were some of my favorite pictures from the meets.

EPCOT_FROZENCHARC2_20181126_414710485895 (smaller).jpg

EPCOT_FROZENCHARC2_20181126_414710485881 (smaller).jpg

EPCOT_FROZENCHARC2_20181126_414710649908 (smaller).jpg

I forgot to show Anna that I had her on my earrings! And my MIL was wearing Elsa.

EPCOT_FROZENCHARC1_20181126_414710791182 (smaller).jpg

EPCOT_FROZENCHARC1_20181126_414710646407 (smaller).jpg

EPCOT_FROZENCHARC1_20181126_414710646414 (smaller).jpg

EPCOT_FROZENCHARC1_20181126_414710646434 (smaller).jpg

EPCOT_FROZENCHARC1_20181126_414710646883 (smaller).jpg

You can watch the video of this meet here:

Before leaving Norway, we stopped by Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe. I debated between the lefse (a favorite from our 2012/2013 trips) or trying the school bread, which I had read was another favorite for a lot of people. I decided to try the school bread.

IMG_2598 (smaller).JPG

We split it 5 ways. It was fine, but I wished I had gone with the lefse. At least I can say I tried it! I really like coconut, but I thought the donut part was a little too dry and I’m not crazy about the cream that was on top of it. Once we finished our treat, it was off to the bathrooms for our next outfit change – we had another princess to meet!

Snow White

We were “behind schedule” after seeing Anna & Elsa. I had hoped to make it to the Mexican pavilion and then meet Snow White at 3:00pm but we decided to skip Mexico so we could make Snow White’s 4:00pm meet. DD4 now says Snow White is her favorite princess. She was DD4’s favorite meet last year, so the girls were really excited to see her again.

We got in in line early and only had a couple of parties ahead of us. DD4 said, “I have 4 questions for Snow White.” When I asked her what her questions were she said, “I can’t tell you, they’re only for Snow White.”

Snow White didn’t have a Photo Pass photographer either. I was really disappointed about this one, but the CM handler offered to take video of the whole meet and said she would take lots of pictures while also taking video, so I appreciated that.

The first question DD4 had for Snow White was, “Where are your animals?” I think she also wanted to know where the Seven Dwarfs and the Prince were. But her first concern was for the animals <3

IMG_2612 (smaller).JPG

I love how Snow White is always so in character, right down to the voice!

IMG_2616 (smaller).JPG

The girls seemed to keep Snow White laughing!

IMG_2623 (smaller).JPG

She said she liked all our shirts. I told her we were big fans.

IMG_2627 (smaller).JPG

One more hug before we left. I loved the Christmas update on Snow White's bow!

IMG_2633 (smaller).JPG

I think I had to literally drag DD4 away! She loved meeting Snow White again. As we were leaving, she told me, “Hey! I only got to ask Snow White 3 of my questions.” I told her we’d have to come back and visit again so she could ask more questions. You can watch part of the interaction here:

Up next we had to rush off to the bathroom for another outfit change… we had one more princess to meet!

The first question DD4 had for Snow White was, “Where are your animals?” I think she also wanted to know where the Seven Dwarfs and the Prince were. But her first concern was for the animals <3

img_2612-smaller-jpg.381729
I love this question! Good one DD4!

Meeting Jasmine

Jasmine was our last princess planned for the day. I was most excited about the girls’ Jasmine dresses. For those who read my last trip report, we had tried to meet Jasmine last year but DD4 was disappointed that she wasn't meeting the afternoon we were in Epcot. So she was on our “must do” list this year.

We got in line just before 4:30pm for what I think was supposed to be a 4:35 meet, but she was running a little late. The line was already pretty long by the time we got there, so I was nervous that we might be cut off from meeting her, but they let the line get a lot longer behind us too. The girls had fun with their bubble wands while they waited, and the kids behind us seemed to enjoy the bubbles too.

IMG_2635 (smaller).JPG

We waited outside until Jasmine walked by, and then I guess they opened her shop for the meet. The line started to move quickly and there was a bit of a small gap ahead of us because we needed to get the girls back in their stroller. Just as we were about to walk into the building, a few older women cut ahead of us in the line. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe they didn’t realize there was a line moving around the side of the building, so I told them, “We are in line to meet Jasmine.” They turned around and asked me, “Who’s Jasmine?” *I would put a shocked face emoji here if I could find one*

Me: From Aladdin…

Them: Who’s that?

Me: Jasmine is a character from the movie Aladdin…

Them: *Still not moving from in front of us* But who is Jasmine??

Me: We’ve been waiting in line for 20 minutes to meet her… the line is back there.

So then they tried to move to just behind us in line. I was starting to lose my patience and said, “The line is way back there – a lot of people have been waiting for 20 minutes just like us.” At this point I wondered if they really didn't realize what was going on. They tried to tell me that they were at the end of the line because there had been a gap behind us when we first entered the building. I started to explain that there was only a small gap because the line was moving to let us into the building when I think a CM came back to help show them where the end of the line was – that or the people behind us said something. They eventually gave up the spot they had taken in line behind us. The whole thing was so confusing to me – why would they argue about cutting in line if they didn’t even know who the character was?

We eventually got to meet Jasmine and she was great! She loved the girls dresses, our shirts, and the fact that she was on my earrings. It was a sweet meet!

EPCOT_WSMOR_20181126_414713202893 (smaller).jpg

EPCOT_WSMOR_20181126_414713204520 (smaller).jpg

EPCOT_WSMOR_20181126_414713204530 (smaller).jpg

EPCOT_WSMOR_20181126_414713204534 (smaller).jpg

When we left Jasmine’s building it started to rain. We decided to walk through the shops in Morocco while waiting to see if it would let up at all. A couple of the CMs offered to let the girls try on some pretty shawls. They had fun playing dress up.

IMG_2646 (smaller).JPG

IMG_2658 (smaller).JPG

But neither wanted to keep them on very long, so we didn’t buy anything. The rain was really coming down now, so we found some benches in the pavilion and sat to figure out our plan.

IMG_2662 (smaller).JPG

It was 5:40pm and it didn’t look like the rain would let up for over an hour. We had a 6:10pm reservation at Restaurant Marrakesh, so we decided not to go too far. We hung out for a little bit and then went to see if we could check into dinner early.

Stay tuned for our meal at Restaurant Marrakesh!

Restaurant Marrakesh

We were sat quickly, 20 minutes before our reservation. At some restaurants they would tell us they couldn’t even check us in more than 15 minutes before our reservation, but at others they let us check in 20-30 minutes early, so we had decided it never hurts to ask. The inside of the restaurant was beautiful!

IMG_2679 (smaller).JPG

IMG_2680 (smaller).JPG

I was a little surprised by the lack of vegetarian options on the menu. I knew there would be at least one (never been to a Disney restaurant without at least one vegetarian option), but for some reason I thought there would be more choices. The bread they brought out first was really good.

IMG_2682 (smaller).JPG

I must have been tired because I don’t have a lot of pictures from this dinner, and those I do have are not great! I ordered a glass of white wine and Pat and his mom each ordered a beer.

Pat and my MIL ordered the lemon tangine chicken, which was braised half chicken with garlic, green olives, and preserved ham. I think they both said this was really good.

There was a vegetarian option on the main menu (couscous with vegetables), but it wasn’t what I was the mood for. My stomach was mostly better this day, but my appetite was still lower than normal. I decided to order the goat cheese with crispy bread appetizer. It was a mixture of cheese and kalamata olives served with tabbouleh, red pepper sauce, and balsamic vinegar reduction. It sounded really good and when it came out, it was huge!

IMG_2685 (smaller).JPG

I really liked this but I knew there was no way I should eat that much goat cheese in one sitting. I did share it but probably ate more than I should have. You can see in the background of this picture that the girls ordered pasta with red sauce.

The belly dancer came out half-way through our meal. I apparently didn’t take any pictures! She was really good but it was an odd angle for us because she was directly to our right. After one dance, she tried to get some kids to come up to dance with her, but only one little girl wanted to go with her. It looked like she was teaching her how to belly dance. I think she did one more dance after that and then left.

Dinner was $107.51 before tip.

It was around 7:00pm after we finished eating. Not only was it still raining, but now the forecast had changed and said it was going to rain most of the night. There was so much more I still wanted to do – see Mexico, walk the international food festival booths to find dessert, ride Soarin’ – which I did find a FP for! But the rain didn’t seem to be letting up, the ponchos I had brought kept getting caught under the stroller wheels and ripping, and we were getting a little grumpy. So I (somewhat reluctantly) agreed we could leave to go back to the resort.

IMG_2690 (smaller).JPG

We were almost out of the park when the sky opened up and it started to pour! We were near the fountains in the front and ran off to the side to find shelter. We ended up waiting 15-20 minutes until the rain turned back to a light sprinkle. We figured we needed to make it to the bus stop before it started to pour again, so we quickly left. I snapped a few more pictures on our way out (my favorite stalling tactic).

IMG_2697 (smaller).JPG

IMG_2701 (smaller).JPG

I wasn’t tracking the time, but it felt like we waited a long time for the bus. We were first in line so maybe we had just missed one. We chatted with the family behind us, a couple with a daughter who I think was 8-10, and continued chatting with them on the bus. I will gladly pass time by chatting with other guests! It was fun to compare food reviews with them.

I have no notes for the rest of the evening, but I think we tried to make it an early night.

Steps: 15,754
Miles: 6.36

he whole thing was so confusing to me – why would they argue about cutting in line if they didn’t even know who the character was?
Ugh! People can be so rude. They were probably trying to play dumb and cut in line...

I love your shirts!!!!!

We were sat quickly, 20 minutes before our reservation. At some restaurants they would tell us they couldn’t even check us in more than 15 minutes before our reservation, but at others they let us check in 20-30 minutes early, so we had decided it never hurts to ask.
I feel like the more popular and busy the restaurant are the ones that do the whole 15 minute thing. Which I hate.

I was a little surprised by the lack of vegetarian options on the menu. I knew there would be at least one (never been to a Disney restaurant without at least one vegetarian option), but for some r
I totally would have thought there would have been more as well!

walk the international food festival booths to find dessert, ride Soarin’ – which I did find a FP for! But the rain didn’t seem to be letting up, the ponchos I had brought kept getting caught under the stroller wheels and ripping, and we were getting a little grumpy. So I (somewhat reluctantly) agreed we could leave to go back to the resort.
It is so hard to leave a park early sometimes. But sounds like it was for the best that night!

I love your shirts!!!!!

Thank you! These were some of my favorites :)

I feel like the more popular and busy the restaurant are the ones that do the whole 15 minute thing. Which I hate.

I think you're right! That and it seemed to depend on how busy the restaurants were. I learned it didn't hurt to ask, I definitely understood if they asked us to come back closer to our ADR window. But it was nice when they could squeeze us in early!

It is so hard to leave a park early sometimes. But sounds like it was for the best that night!

So hard hahaha. I'm such a planner, I was a little bummed about not getting to ride Soarin'. But I have it on our must-do list for this year's trip! And yes, it was definitely best that we left early that night.

Magic Kingdom – Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The rain brought a cold front in, and we knew we were in for a chilly day! This was a party day at Magic Kingdom, so the plan was to enjoy a low crowd day, eat dinner at 6:00pm, and then have an early night. I know I over-plan but I had attempted a follow a pattern of long day/short-day all week in hopes of not completely exhausting ourselves (not sure how well that worked out though).

We stopped by The Mara for coffees, bagels and bananas on our way to the park. We planned to take the bus again this day and we were making great time – heading out to the bus just after 8:00 for a 9:00 park opening. We made it to the bus stop and waited less than 5 minutes, but we didn’t make it on the first bus. The family we had chatted with the night before was just ahead of us in line – they were also going to MK this morning. The sign said another bus would come in 10 minutes, but Pat asked, “Why don’t we just drive?” It was cold and the car meant we could be on our own schedule. I also remembered that MK would be the longest drive on the bus from AKL. So we headed to the parking lot.

We were parked at the TTC by 8:23am. Since it was so cold, I suggested that we try the monorail instead of the boat this morning. I thought it might be warmer, and that ended up being a good call. Plus, this was the only day we’d get to ride the monorail! I took some pictures on our way.

IMG_2704 (smaller).JPG

IMG_2705 (smaller).JPG

IMG_2708 (smaller).JPG

We were in the park just after 9:00am and headed for the Haunted Mansion. It felt a lot more crowded than we had expected this morning, but I forgot there were Early Morning Magic hours before we got there. As it was now our tradition, we took a castle picture before heading to our first ride. It was cold but not freezing (yet). Pat and his mom asked me, “Jackets on or off?” My response was, “It’s not too cold to have jackets off for a minute, right?” You’ll notice I was nicer to my children, though!

MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20181127_414720913366 (smaller).jpg

I knew it was going to get cold during part of our trip, so I had packed cardigans and leggings to layer the girls, plus their jackets. The cold didn’t seem to bother them, anyway!

IMG_2711 (smaller).JPG

Our first stop was the Haunted Mansion. DD4 asked, “What’s that? Is it scary?” I described it as an old house with silly ghosts that we could laugh at. When she rode it last year at age 3, she was nervous, but we turned it into a fun ride by finding silly ghosts to laugh at. I thought we’d get away with the same approach this year, but I was wrong.

A CM out front took a few pictures of us before we got to the ride. He was great at getting the girls to look into the sun for a quick picture!

IMG_2716 (smaller).JPG

I forgot how scary the stretching room can be – especially when the lights go out. I was holding on tight to DD4 and trying to talk to her the whole time, but she was crying by the end of the pre-show. She still agreed to go on the ride and wanted to sit with me. DD2 seemed fine!

I could tell DD4 was nervous the whole time, but she didn’t cry once we were on the ride. I tried to make it less scary, but she was clutching me and couldn’t wait to get off. When we got off the ride she announced, “That was NOT a nice ride. When we come back, I do NOT want to ride that again!” I had to laugh that she said, “when” we come back and not “if”.

We decided to cheer her up by going to It’s a Small World next. DD2 had been singing “It’s a Small World” over and over the past few days! DD4 was interested in taking pictures with my phone at this point, so we had an agreement that I would hold the phone and she could push the white button. Since this was our third time on this ride, I spent more time taking pictures and video. It’s interesting how you can notice new things every time you ride it.

IMG_2749 (smaller).JPG

IMG_2759 (smaller).JPG

IMG_2780 (smaller).JPG

I forgot that the front part of It’s a Small World is actually a clock! Apparently it was 9:45 when we left.

IMG_2789 (smaller).JPG

Here’s some of the video I took on the ride – just in case you want the song stuck in your head for days!

If you hadn’t guessed from the dresses, we had a Beauty and the Beast themed morning planned! Up next, it was finally time to meet DD2’s favorite princess.

Omg all of your daughters outfits are just so adorable!

I literally dont understand what was up with the ladies in Jasmines line! Like if you don't know what you are waiting for, why insist on cutting? So strange!!

That is surprising that they don't have more vegetarian options at Restaurant Marrakesh, you would think there would be!!

So hard hahaha. I'm such a planner, I was a little bummed about not getting to ride Soarin'. But I have it on our must-do list for this year's trip! And yes, it was definitely best that we left early that night.
We missed out on Soarin' our first couple trips for similar reasons. We actually never saw the original version. ;(

When we got off the ride she announced, “That was NOT a nice ride. When we come back, I do NOT want to ride that again!” I had to laugh that she said, “when” we come back and not “if”.
ha! I love it. She know that her mama loves Disney as well!

Omg all of your daughters outfits are just so adorable!

I literally dont understand what was up with the ladies in Jasmines line! Like if you don't know what you are waiting for, why insist on cutting? So strange!!

Thank you! I had so much fun picking out their outfits :)

The whole line thing was really confusing. Either they were just pretending or they realized there was a crowd so it must be something good. I didn’t understand at all! Who doesn’t know Jasmine?!

We missed out on Soarin' our first couple trips for similar reasons. We actually never saw the original version. ;(

That is sad! I definitely learned we can’t do everything. I’m trying to be a lot more realistic as I plan this year’s trip.

ha! I love it. She know that her mama loves Disney as well!

She does! And the girls love it too... they constantly ask us when they can go back. And remind me there should be NO fireworks this time.

Beauty and the Beast

We had a 9:10 FP for Enchanted Tales with Belle. We were pushing the end of our window so we quickly headed there next. The magic mirror always amazes me. I took a video of it this time in hopes I might “figure it out” after watching a few times. I’ve included that in the video clips below.

I was hoping both girls would be part of the show, but only DD4 wanted a part.

IMG_2801 (smaller).JPG

She was a dancing dish, or as they called her, The Grey Stuff!

IMG_2802 (smaller).JPG

I really love Lumiere here.

IMG_2815 (smaller).JPG

They invite everyone who acted in the show to take pictures of Belle, but we had a family picture from here last year. I asked if the whole family could jump in when it was DD4’s turn and the CM said that was fine. I think only one other family did that this time.

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESBLUE_20181127_414722860380 (smaller).jpg

As Belle was leaving the room, she blew DD4 a kiss ands DD4 blew one right back. It was a magical moment, I’m just sad I didn’t have my camera ready! I do have a few clips from this show:

It was 10:45 when we got out of the show and we were ready for a snack and more coffee. We decided to check out Gaston’s Tavern nearby. There was a long line out the door.

IMG_2840 (smaller).JPG

Pat and his mom went to find a table while I stood in line. I ordered the cinnamon roll and apples with caramel for the girls, and of course coffee for Pat and his mom. The cinnamon roll was so good! But I could have done with white frosting instead of red. We split it 5 ways and it was plenty.

IMG_2835 (smaller).JPG

That red got on the girls’ dresses but I think it washed out okay when I did stain removal back home. I love the theming at Gaston’s Tavern!

IMG_2841 (smaller).JPG

I knew we wanted to meet Gaston this day but he wasn’t meeting while we were there, so we decided to come back later. The girls had been asking for the carousel, so that’s where we headed next.

IMG_2844 (smaller).JPG

The girls were very excited for this ride! It’s not like we have a carousel at our zoo back home or anything…

IMG_2852 (smaller).JPG

I’m just glad they enjoy it!

IMG_2856 (smaller).JPG

After the carousel we had a FP for Peter Pan’s Flight. I always think it’s a nice ride, but cannot understand waiting more than 10 minutes for it! So I always try to make sure we have a FP for this one.

I checked my app and knew it was time to head back to meet Gaston after Peter Pan. I was most excited for this meet!

Meeting Gaston

We were second in line to meet Gaston. There were ropes set up around the line for his meet, but they weren’t open. We jumped in anyway, as did several other people behind us. After some conversation with our group that was waiting, a guy in line behind us decided to open the ropes so it was clear where the line started. This was just a few minutes before Gaston was supposed to arrive. When a CM eventually showed up, she seemed annoyed that someone had opened the ropes already. Oops – well we were just trying to make it less chaotic!

Gaston was one of our favorite meets the year before because he is hilarious. This Gaston… well he was too nice. I was hoping he would give Pat a hard time about wearing a Beast shirt, or comment on my MIL’s shirt, but he didn’t seem to notice either. He also had a little slip when signing DD4’s book. He told her that he was giving her the signature of her future Wife. I think he was just getting warmed up since we were second in line, and he may have been new. He was still nice to meet and charmed the girls!

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_20181127_414725009050 (smaller).jpg

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_20181127_414725009053 (smaller).jpg

My daughters were thrilled to meet him, and that’s all that mattered. DD4 had insisted that we needed to bring him an egg. He eats 5 dozen a day so it would have been a nice gift. I just never figured out how to get a real egg for her to take.

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_20181127_414725009057 (smaller.jpg

Luckily she wasn’t too upset with me for forgetting an egg!

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_20181127_414725009062 (smaller).jpg

After meeting Gaston, the girls actually asked me to take some pictures of them!

IMG_2863 (smaller).JPG

IMG_2859 (smaller).JPG

After this meet, we headed toward Frontierland.

Frontierland

We had a very loose plan this day. We accomplished more than I had planned on Saturday, so we had fewer rides that we “needed” to make it to today, which was nice. We were in search of lunch but passed the Country Bear Jamboree and saw it was just about to start, so we popped in. This is one show I could have skipped, but I remembered the girls liked it last year.

IMG_2870 (smaller).JPG

We were among the last people going into the theater but there were still a lot of seats open in the front rows. I understand the nostalgia factor, but this show could use some serious updating! “All the guys who turn me on turn me down” – really?! I wouldn’t be sad if they decided to repurpose this theater

IMG_2880 (smaller).JPG

Here’s a few video clips:

After the show we were really hungry, so we went next door to Pecos Bill’s. We had never eaten here before, but it’s a new favorite for us! I ordered the Beyond Burger, which was really good. It looks like a real burger, doesn’t it? My husband says I just don’t know the difference since I haven’t eaten meat in almost a decade.

IMG_2888 (smaller).JPG

Pat ordered the tacos of the month. My MIL just wanted a kid’s hamburger. The girls ordered mac n’ cheese.

IMG_2885 (smaller).JPG

Our total here was $53.39.

As we were leaving around 1:15, we realized that people were already lining up for the parade. I had this on our “maybe” list for the day since we had seen it on Thanksgiving. I asked our group if they wanted to watch again and it was a big “yes!” so we grabbed a front row spot. I wanted to be able to stand along the front this time, so we saved a little more space since we were so early. The family that was waiting next to us turned out to be from a town not too far from us. While we were waiting, Pat ducked into the candy store and came back with some peanut butter fudge. It was so good! So good that we ate it quickly before I could get a picture. Pat ran DD4 to the bathroom and before we knew it, the parade was starting!

Festival of Fantasy Parade

I always have an internal debate of whether to take pictures and video or just enjoy a show myself. I ultimately decided to take some pictures and video of the parade but also try to watch it with my eyes rather than through the screen the whole time. I’m glad I took the video because the girls LOVE watching the videos over and over again on my phone. Yes, I know I could find YouTube videos, but it’s just not the same as seeing it from the view we had and hearing their voices in the background. Also, the parade this day was a different version than the one we had seen on Thanksgiving day.

So, here are some of my favorite pictures from the parade:

IMG_2892 (smaller).JPG

Belle was so excited to see that the girls were dressed like her that she was pointing their dresses out to her friends! I think this made the girls feel special. It was also fun to see the same Elsa we had met at Epcot the day before.

IMG_2894 (smaller).JPG

IMG_2905 (smaller).JPG

IMG_2912 (smaller).JPG

IMG_2918 (smaller).JPG

This parade seemed shorter than the one we had seen on Thanksgiving Day. It was still a lot of fun, and the girls loved it! While we were watching the parade, DD2 needed an "urgent" diaper change. So as soon as it finished, we rushed off to get her cleaned up and changed. It was time for an outfit change, anyway!

Under the Sea

We were in line for Ariel just after 3:00pm. We were told it would be about a 45 minute wait. I really try to avoid waits over 30 minutes with the girls, but Ariel was high on our list and with just 3 hours left in our park day, we figured we might as well wait. DD4 was concerned about this meet. She asked me if we had to go under water to meet Ariel and when I said yes, she got worried. So I had to backtrack and assure her we weren’t actually going under water.

While we were waiting, DD4 had to go to the bathroom… twice. Both times I had to walk her all the way back to the bathrooms near Gaston’s Tavern. I got in some extra steps! The second time, we were almost to the front of the line, so Pat and his mom let people ahead of them until we got back.

Thanks in part to the bathroom runs, it was 4:00pm by the time we met Ariel. But she was worth the wait (and it was warmer in her grotto than it was outside). She loved that we had all dressed up for her and was great with the girls.

MK_GROTTOBCHAR_20181127_414730994301 (smaller).jpg

DD4 asked her why she had grass on her feet (hahaha)! She was nice about it and laughed it off.

MK_GROTTOBCHAR_20181127_414731118804 (smaller).jpg

MK_GROTTOBCHAR_20181127_414731118822 (smaller).jpg

DD2 wanted to be right by Ariel the whole time!

MK_GROTTOBCHAR_20181127_414731136673 (smaller).jpg

MK_GROTTOBCHAR_20181127_414731136688 (smaller).jpg

I know she has a serious look on her face, but that’s just how DD2 is with new people. She was showing Ariel that she was on her dress.

MK_GROTTOBCHAR_20181127_414731136654 (smaller).jpg

MK_GROTTOBCHAR_20181127_414731136662 (smaller).jpg

DD2 did not want to leave Ariel!

It was very sweet and I was glad we had waited. Also, how cute is that Ariel dress on DD2? I had those sheets as a child. I sold it after we got back because it won’t fit by the time we go next, but I was sad to see it go.

It was FINALLY time for our last FP of the day – Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!

he asked me if we had to go under water to meet Ariel and when I said yes, she got worried. So I had to backtrack and assure her we weren’t actually going under water.
Oh, poor DD4! But I love that she thought you were REALLY going under water.

Thanks in part to the bathroom runs, it was 4:00pm by the time we met Ariel. But she was worth the wait (and it was warmer in her grotto than it was outside). She loved that we had all dressed up for her and was great with the girls.

mk_grottobchar_20181127_414730994301-smaller-jpg.383302
More great shirts! How many did you bring?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts