It'll Be All Right -A May 2012 TR Closing Thought and PTR Link 8/12*

Great update! I love the Gran Fiesta Tour, I agree, the beginning is the best part! Well, I also like the part with the fireworks, it's such a beautiful ride, I don't know why people don't like it! :confused3

I've never eaten at Liberty Inn, isn't that weird? I just think it's kind of boring for our huge America pavilion. That chicken looks really good though!

I loved the Toy Story topiaries! Even Lotso!

I didn't get why the Cars topiaries were in Japan, but then again, I haven't seen either movie! :)

Has the tropical storm moved on? I felt so bad for people at Disney during that! :sad2:

Great update! I love the Gran Fiesta Tour, I agree, the beginning is the best part! Well, I also like the part with the fireworks, it's such a beautiful ride, I don't know why people don't like it! :confused3

I've never eaten at Liberty Inn, isn't that weird? I just think it's kind of boring for our huge America pavilion. That chicken looks really good though!

I loved the Toy Story topiaries! Even Lotso!

I didn't get why the Cars topiaries were in Japan, but then again, I haven't seen either movie! :)

Has the tropical storm moved on? I felt so bad for people at Disney during that! :sad2:

The fireworks part is my second favorite part of the ride, as well.
Liberty Inn isn't anything to write home about, but I think it's better than the Electric Umbrella as far as burgers and chicken goes. :confused3

I missed Lotso! Ugh, don't know how I did that, but I saw him last year, at least.

Yeah, the storm turned right so it brought a couple days of rain to people in Disney. I'd hate to be down there during Hurricane season. :sad2:

May 4th Night:

My mom, Alex, and I were making our way around World Showcase, appreciating the fact that the sun was about to set and the temperature was going to drop a few degrees. It wasn't hot per say, we just knew we'd be more comfortable come nighttime.

We came upon the UK pavilion near the bathrooms, and I noticed that the phone booths were empty.

You know where I'm going with this...

A few weeks before the trip I had found the numbers for all 3 booths and had recorded them in my phone. I can only imagine what'll happen if I ever lose this phone. Someone will be scrolling through my contacts and be like, "Epcot Left Booth-Wha--?"

:rotfl2:

I told my mom to go into the last booth so I could take her picture. I used the old, "C'mon, everyone takes their picture here" routine so she wouldn't get suspicious. Then, I tried my best to take a photo and use my phone.

I'm not the coordinated, you guys.

I didn't make it past getting the lens cap off before I had get creative.

All right, hold the camera up-quick her back is turned pull up the number...she's opening the door, hit call. CALL! I hate my phone, it never works when I want it to. Oh, there we go. Wait, remember the camera!

I don't know how I did it, but I managed to get the phone to ring exactly as my mom was picking it up. So it seemed like the phone rang because she'd picked up the receiver, not because I was being James Bond-like and using every skill in my arsenal to pull a fast one on my mom.

Sigh.

:sad2:

My mom opened the booth door, "Hey, did you know the phone rings when you pick it up?"

*Loud exhale.*

I tried weakly tried to play it off. "No, it doesn't"

"It does; I picked it up and it started ringing."

My defenses fell then, and I started laughing. I had to tell her that it was me calling, and that if I was sneakier I would've planned the whole thing better, but alas, I didn't get past, "Play a prank on Mom."

Even if I had surprised her with the call, I realized that I couldn't exactly stand there and talk to her.

Whoops.

I needed to redeem myself from that shameful excuse of a laugh, so I pulled my mom and Alex off to the garden area directly facing the bathrooms and sat us down on the stoop. We waited for another group of people to walk up to phone booths. It took awhile, but eventually a group of teenage/young adult girls stepped up to the plate.

One of them went inside the far left booth and bingo, I made the call.

"Hello?" she sounded very skeptical.

I had my mom sitting on the left side of me and Alex on my right; I stooped down low so I was hidden behind my 6'1" husband.

"Hi! How's Epcot?"

It was hard to keep the laughter out of my voice.

The girl turned around and looked towards the building behind her.

"It's really fun."

"Yeah? How's the weather?"

"Not too bad."

"What rides have you gone on?"

"Uh?"

"What about Soarin'? That's my favorite, it's great."

"I haven't gone on that one, but I did Living with the Land. That was pretty cool."

"Cool. Are you going to watch IllumiNations?"

"What's that?"

"It's the nighttime show right over there in the Lagoon. It's really neat."

"Actually, I think we're going to Magic Kingdom to watch Wishes."

"Oh, Wishes is my favorite. It's the best."

"Yeah..."

"All right, well enjoy the fireworks."

"Bye."

During the phone conversation, I kept looking over at my mom, and she had her head turned the other way to hide her laughter. We were all rolling.

It was hard to keep the conversation going when all I wanted to do was burst out in a fit of giggles. I know there were a few times when my voice gave away my humor, but the girl must not have noticed.

The three of us watched as the girl walked out of the booth and turned to her friend. "Someone just called me! Yeah, I just talked to somebody about Epcot."

The girls were standing there, confused and amazed. I think they were waiting for someone to jump out and yell, "Gottcha!"

Alex told me I should just leave them be, but I couldn't help it, I shouted, "Have fun at Wishes!"

The girl swiveled her head over to my group. "That was you?!"

My laughter let loose. "Yep."

The girls walked over to me, and began talking very quickly, "How'd you do that? I thought there was a Cast Member up in that building bored at work! That's crazy!"

They stayed and chit chatted for a few minutes, longer than I thought they would, but it was all good. They were genuinely thrilled to meet the person who called them, and I think they were happy to be talking Disney to another group of guests.

It was such a fun experience and being able to see the poor people's expressions was a riot. I told my brother about what I'd done after I got back from the trip, and he insisted I give him the numbers. He called right then and there and asked a very wary guest how far Maelstrom was from them. They were NOT into the joke, though, and after answering promptly hung up.

:lmao:

Fun and games behind us, my mom, Alex, and I felt it was time to continue on. Alex had never seen Off Kilter before (we seemed to always miss them on previous trips) and he asked if we'd mind stepping aside and watching their set.

By this point, my mom's long drive had caught up to her and she was just putting one foot in front of the other, so she didn't care. I don't know why, but I was being a little grumpy, but I agreed, and we all leaned against a railing near the Lagoon.

I think that I had wiped myself out with trying to please everybody. I was tired. Plus, I was torn. Alex wanted to watch Off Kilter, my mom wanted to head back to the resort. She was a trooper and didn't complain or even show that she wasn't having fun, but I know my mom pretty well and could tell she was maxed out.

So, for the first half of the music set, I just stood around and took pictures of the evening:

Dsc08749.jpg

Dsc08752.jpg

By the last few songs, I chilled out and actually listened to the songs, some of which I actually recognized from the Disney Music Stations.

Around 7:45/8 o'clock Off Kilter had finished and left the stage, and the three of us slowly made our way back to Future World and the exit. The original plan was to stay and watch IllumiNations, because this was the only opportunity Alex would get to see it, but he said he didn't care, so we decided to make it an early night.

Epcot looked especially beautiful that night:

Dsc08753.jpg

We stopped and looked at a few things along the way. My mom saw this flamingo and seriously considered buying it, but decided not to:

Dsc08755.jpg

I saw a display for the movie Chimpanzee and noticed the giraffes and became excited. Giraffes are my absolute favorite (I mean, I was proposed to in front of them) and so I had to stop for a quick photo shoot:
Dsc08758.jpg

(Can you tell I was happy to be in Epcot? Only Disney brings out that goofy grin.:goodvibes)

It truly was a gorgeous night out, and none of us were complaining about taking our time walking towards the exit:

Dsc08759.jpg

Dsc08760.jpg

As we approached the globe, Alex spotted MouseGears, a favorite of ours, and asked if we'd mind stopping for a couple seconds so he could buy a Vinylmation.

Well, a couple seconds turned into half an hour. Any feeling of sleepiness washed away when we stepped inside the store, and we got our second wind.
All three of us did some serious browsing and shopping that night. You'd have that thought that was our only chance we'd get to look inside some stores.

We all made several purchases. Alex bought 2 Vinylmations, and my mom got my brother a Vinylmation. (you know you live with Disney nuts when you own Vinylmations and pins and haven't even stepped foot inside the world in 7 years. :rotfl:My brother has a Vinylmation and 2 pins from a friend that went to Disney last October.) My mom also bought my dad a shirt, which I have a picture of and will post later with a brief explanation.

By the time we left the store it was 8:50 and completely dark. The whole idea of getting to bed early was washed away when we began shopping. Oh well, I don't think any of us were complaining.

For about half a minute I debated dragging my mom and Alex back to the World Showcase to watch IllumiNations. I mean, we were in the park and were 10 minutes away from show time, but I relented and decided to stick with the revised plan.

Dsc08764.jpg
Right about around this point, I casually mentioned, "We're doing pretty good. We should get to the car just before the IllumiNations crowd begins making their way out here."

A few other words were exchanged, and then my mom realized what time the show was supposed to start and said that we should've just sucked it up and went back to watch it.

Teach me not to speak up.

It wasn't a big deal, though, so I didn't really care, and as we were driving away from the park, we were able to see the fireworks in the sky.

Fireworks sighting on our first night.

:love:

I'll take it.

Back in the resort room, Alex opened up his 2 Vinylmations and ended up with:

Dsc08767.jpg

We had R2 back at home, so that was going to be a Trade, and the other Vinyl marked our 2nd Hollywood Studios one.

This was the beginning of a pattern, as you'll see later on in the trip.

Up Next: My Mom Discovers Her Favorite Resort

Last edited:
You did a pretty good job almost pulling off the prank on your Mom! Too funny that she thought the phone rang when she picked it up!

Okay, so the other phone prank had me just about falling out of my chair!!!:rotfl:I was littleraly laughing VERY out loud here at work!!! Soooo funny! You have an awesome sense of humor and I love your wit!! LOVE IT!:rotfl::lmao: And the fact that you yelled that after you were off the phone was even better!!

I'd love to have one of those flamingos...way too cute! Your Mom so should have gotten it!

Sorry that you didn't stay for IllumiNations! I know how you all felt though, so I can relate.

Isn't it funny how walking into a Disney World store can totally renew your energy? lol;)

I didn't know you could call the phone booths at Epcot! That was too funny, those girls must have thought there were going to be on some type of pranked-style TV show! Have you ever just tried randomly calling the numbers, to see if anyone would pick up?

:lmao: I love the phone booth story!!! That's too funny. I have the numbers in my phone too, but I've never called them before. Now I really, really want to. :thumbsup2

Glad yall had such a nice arrival day!

oh my gosh! I love phone booth pranks at epcot!! Bahahaha!!! I soooo wanted to do that to dh and dd or at least one of them but we were trying to use our cell as little as possible bc we'd heard nightmares about roaming charges when in a different country. Otherwise i totally would have done that too! haha. So glad you waited around to do it to some other people too :) fun fun fun!! Like being a teen again and doing prank calls. haha

We've never caught Off Kilter either. We aren't much concert people though so we don't ever make it a priority.

Enjoyed seeing your epcot day. So excited that next up on your agenda is the EE5K challenge day!! Man!! I still have 4 more days to post before I get to that one!! I hope it doesn't take me a month. LOL

Caught up on your pics and last update! You got some lovely late afternoon/evening pictures of Epcot. I can almost imagine being there and feeling the perfect temperatures and slight summer breeze.

You had a great Phone Booth Experience. I had a terrible one back in December. I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone and, when they finally did, they wouldn't talk. Then I went in to see if the phone worked and someone called me. When I started talking to them they told me I sounded drunk. :rotfl: Nice.

Glad you got your second wind. Isn't it funny how shopping does that? :thumbsup2

Ok, how did I not know you could call the phone booths? I must go back! I must go back! :laughing:

I love the flamingo with Mickey ears! Too cute!

It looks like it was a beautiful night in Epcot! :)

You did a pretty good job almost pulling off the prank on your Mom! Too funny that she thought the phone rang when she picked it up!

Okay, so the other phone prank had me just about falling out of my chair!!!:rotfl:I was littleraly laughing VERY out loud here at work!!! Soooo funny! You have an awesome sense of humor and I love your wit!! LOVE IT!:rotfl::lmao: And the fact that you yelled that after you were off the phone was even better!!

I'd love to have one of those flamingos...way too cute! Your Mom so should have gotten it!

Sorry that you didn't stay for IllumiNations! I know how you all felt though, so I can relate.

Isn't it funny how walking into a Disney World store can totally renew your energy? lol;)

We were all rolling after the phone incident. I don't think we laughed harder at any other time on the trip. :rotfl:

As it turns out, we sort of got to see IllumiNations later on, so it all worked out in the end.

I didn't know you could call the phone booths at Epcot! That was too funny, those girls must have thought there were going to be on some type of pranked-style TV show! Have you ever just tried randomly calling the numbers, to see if anyone would pick up?

Haha, I discovered the numbers about 2 weeks before my trip, so the prank almost didn't happen. Right after I first recorded them in my phone, Alex and I called them and a couple from New York answered and said they were escaping the rain. We talked for a few minutes, then they kept asking for our Facebook, so we ended the conversation. :laughing: But watching people's reactions as they tried to figure out what the heck was going on was priceless. Certainly a great way to waste away some time in Epcot.

:lmao: I love the phone booth story!!! That's too funny. I have the numbers in my phone too, but I've never called them before. Now I really, really want to. :thumbsup2

Glad yall had such a nice arrival day!

You should definitely call the numbers on your next trip! You'll get a good laugh in. :thumbsup2

oh my gosh! I love phone booth pranks at epcot!! Bahahaha!!! I soooo wanted to do that to dh and dd or at least one of them but we were trying to use our cell as little as possible bc we'd heard nightmares about roaming charges when in a different country. Otherwise i totally would have done that too! haha. So glad you waited around to do it to some other people too :) fun fun fun!! Like being a teen again and doing prank calls. haha

We've never caught Off Kilter either. We aren't much concert people though so we don't ever make it a priority.

Enjoyed seeing your epcot day. So excited that next up on your agenda is the EE5K challenge day!! Man!! I still have 4 more days to post before I get to that one!! I hope it doesn't take me a month. LOL

Yeah, I saw the cell phone issue in your TR. That's too bad, because I'm sure you and your family would have had fun calling people in Epcot. :rotfl:

You'll get to the EE race eventually. Besides, I'm enjoying reading about your long, fun vacation. Makes me secretly want to save up for awhile and just take a big blowout trip like yours.

Caught up on your pics and last update! You got some lovely late afternoon/evening pictures of Epcot. I can almost imagine being there and feeling the perfect temperatures and slight summer breeze.

You had a great Phone Booth Experience. I had a terrible one back in December. I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone and, when they finally did, they wouldn't talk. Then I went in to see if the phone worked and someone called me. When I started talking to them they told me I sounded drunk. :rotfl: Nice.

Glad you got your second wind. Isn't it funny how shopping does that? :thumbsup2

I remember your phone booth incident. Ugh. I was relieved that nobody pulled something like that on me. I mean, how rude do you have to be to insult someone at Disney?!

Ok, how did I not know you could call the phone booths? I must go back! I must go back! :laughing:

I love the flamingo with Mickey ears! Too cute!

It looks like it was a beautiful night in Epcot! :)

That was one of the best Epcot nights, temperature-wise.

Haha, I would recommend calling the booths the next time you're in Epcot. It's so much fun. And if you're better than me, you could probably pull of calling one of your family members. :wizard:

Yay on getting the phone booth numbers and lol it would be funny if you lost your phone! Imagine if someone decided to ring them to see what it was and then asked the person answering whos number they were calling...that would be hilarious! :rotfl:

Haha at your mum thinking the phone rang because she picked it up. Oh well maybe you can play a prank on someone else on a future trip.

Okay I just read on and realised you managed to redeem yourself and I was laughing at the conversation you had with the girls.

Love all the pics of Epcot and am glad you still managed to catch some part of the fireworks.

Yay on getting the phone booth numbers and lol it would be funny if you lost your phone! Imagine if someone decided to ring them to see what it was and then asked the person answering whos number they were calling...that would be hilarious! :rotfl:

Haha at your mum thinking the phone rang because she picked it up. Oh well maybe you can play a prank on someone else on a future trip.

Okay I just read on and realised you managed to redeem yourself and I was laughing at the conversation you had with the girls.

Love all the pics of Epcot and am glad you still managed to catch some part of the fireworks.

Haha, that would be funny. "Hello?"

"Hello, who is this?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"I'm trying to figure out who I am calling."

:rotfl:

May 5th Morning:

Race Day!

Alex and I woke up at about 7 o'clock. We'd set out our clothes and packed my park bag the night before, and it really saved time. I was knocking on my mom's room door at 7:15am. She had woken up about an hour earlier (at home she's up by 5:30 so 6 was sleeping in for her) and she'd sat out by the pool and made some calls.

She was ready for another cup of coffee, though, so we headed to the food court. I asked how she liked the coffee, because I fell in love with the stuff last May. She said it was a little on the strong side for her liking, but it wasn't anything some cream and sugar couldn't fix.

I really didn't like the long walk to the beverage station, but that was only because I didn't have my morning caffeine in me and I was grouchy.

Back in my mom's room, the three of us sat around and ate some pumpkin bread and banana bread that my mom had brought with her. We were all ready way too early, but we were just too excited to sleep any longer.

Finally, around 8:00, I decided I'd rather be walking around a deluxe resort than lounging around a room at Sports, so we hauled ourselves into our car and headed towards:
f1 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

There was zero traffic on the road at that time of the morning, and because we arrived at the TTC parking lot almost an hour before Magic Kingdom was set to open, we parked really close to the entrance.

f2 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

See, walking distance!

Dsc08775.jpg

Everyone was in a super good mood that morning. Alex was happy he was getting a meal at his favorite restaurant (Kona), my mom was happy she got a good's night sleep, and I was thrilled to be returning to my favorite resort.

I was the only person who wasn't wearing their race t-shirt.
Way to go against the grain.

Actually, it's because I have terribly sensitive skin on top of eczema so if I wear clothes before washing them, there's a 90% chance I could have an allergic reaction. It's happened more than I'd like to admit, and the result is a lovely shot in a place I'd rather not concern myself with on race day. Ergo...I had to stand back and admire everyone else's awesome runDisney apparel.

The three of us got to the TTC center and looked around in surprise. It was dead. Not a sole in sight except for 2 monorail workers standing in front of the ramp to MK:
Dsc08776.jpg

There were ropes blocking off most of the area, and we had to walk all the way to the right near the restrooms to get past the sectioned off places. I’d never seen the TTC so empty before. Normally, it's packed with people trying to buy tickets or get to the MK.

It was a little unnerving, seeing so few people around.

I led us to the resort monorail and hopped in line with 2 other families. This was going to be my mom's very first monorail ride of her life!

And she looked...

Dsc08780.jpg

Unimpressed.

:rotfl2:

That's okay. I was excited enough for her.

While we waited, I pointed out the resorts.
f3 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

f4 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

After about 5 minutes of waiting, a monorail showed up and we climbed aboard an empty car. I tried to get my mom's energy up by pointing out the Disney milestone she was experiencing, but it was kind of hard to do when we got off the vehicle after 30 seconds.

Oh well, there'd be plenty of monorail opportunities ahead of us.

Despite the ride doing nothing for my mom, when we stepped inside the Polynesian and she got a look around her, she was taken aback by the beauty of the resort.

(Where my favorite animal is a giraffe, my mom's is a dolphin.)
Dsc08784.jpg

Our breakfast ADR was 9:35am, so we had an hour to kill. The shops to the right of the door had some sort of magnetic pull on Alex and right after I took this photo, I saw my husband drifting towards the souvenirs.

Please note, we'd
JUST gone shopping the night before at Mousegears. In fact, it was the last thing we'd done. But that was at a different place. This was a new store and a new day, and we can't pass up the chance of finding the perfect Disney item.

How dare I even think of doing such a thing...

My mom and I gravitated over there with him, and we all looked around. In the end, nothing appealed to any of us, but Alex and I decided to do a Vinylmation trade.

Alex traded his R2 and got:

f5 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

I traded my Accountant and asked Mom to pick a number for me. She picked 3, the same one I'd chosen last time. I got the snake from the Jungle Book.

f6 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

Yikes.

That would be an immediate trade.

I said
that we should check into Kona just to get our names on the list, and they told us we'd have a really long wait. Alex took the buzzer, and we all headed down to the first floor of the resort.

Alex saw another store and disappeared inside.

:sad2:

My mom and I needed a break, so we decided to meander.
I'm glad we did, because it was one of the highlights of my trip.

I know I've been saying I've had a lot of highlights, but these really were parts of the vacation that stuck out to me. This particular moment was so nice, because I watched my mom fall in love with the same resort I love, and I was able to take my time and soak up the Disney magic.

First, we looked at some art that was displayed. They were absolutely stunning.

Dsc08790.jpg

Then, we had to take some fun photos with this guy:
Dsc08791.jpg

Dsc08792.jpg

We found some seats and my mom thought this chair was just too cool to pass up:

Dsc08796.jpg

I love Disney chairs. They're so unique.

We both agreed that we could stay at the Poly and just relax inside the resort all day.

The two of us sat around for two or three minutes, then my mom said she wanted to check the outside area out.

Sure, Mom.

I knew if my mom loved the lobby and shops of the Poly, she'd positively die when she saw the pool area and the view.
Little did I know that I would have a moment of my own...

We walked out the sliding doors and were hit with beautiful Florida weather. It wasn't hot or humid out, the sun was still pretty low in the sky, and like the TTC, it was empty.

I'd never seen the resort so sleepy before.
f7 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

I didn't say much as I took in the quiet walkways, the cool morning air, the baby ducks crossing the sidewalk in front of me. I simply took my mom straight ahead to the pool area and showed her the castle in the distance.
Dsc08799.jpg

My mom saw the sand with the beach chairs and hammocks and was in heaven.
f9 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

"Alicia, we have to stay here one day. I don't care how long we have to save up for, I'm staying at this resort."

That was music to my ears.
The Polynesian is my dream resort, and I was already envisioning this grand vacation where my whole family came and had an epic trip to Disney, complete with large dinners and constant talking and outrageous laughter.

Because there was nobody out and about, I figured now would be the perfect time to walk around a little more and see some of the buildings. The two of us took a pathway and strolled slowly along. One of the rooms on the first floor was being cleaned, and I got to show my mom what the inside looked like.

She approved.

While we were walking around, I kept thinking about staying at the Poly one day and having all my family on a vacation with me and how it would feel to share the magic with so many people, and I became emotional. It only happened a handful of times on this trip, and this was the second worst.

I was just so happy!

I was thinking about the fact that it was a gorgeous day out, that I was in my favorite resort with my husband and mother, that I was about to run in my second Expedition Everest race, (something I didn't even believe would happen once, nevermind two years in a row) and I was going to be inside the Magic Kingdom in a few hours.

I was still imagining what it'd be like to have a huge family gathering at Disney. Where my brother was swimming in the Volcano pool and my father was taking a boat ride on the ferry. Where my aunts were sleeping on hammocks, and my cousin and her little one were playing in the sand. One where we all went to Ohana's and The Spirit of Aloha and ate, drank, and became merry.

Life was good...

Fighting back the tears that were welling up in my eyes, I turned us around and headed back to the lobby. Didn't need me becoming a blubbery mess before breakfast, now did I?

I took a few more photos along the way:
f8 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

f10 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

f11 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

Dsc08808.jpg

I called Alex to ask where he was, and he met us downstairs (he'd gone back up) and took us inside a store to show us a few things he'd seen.

What was I going to do with this shopaholic husband of mine?

We all looked around a bit, and my mom found a pair of gold Mickey head earrings that she loved, so she bought them. Now, almost every time I see her, she's wearing those earrings.

With the shopping, the sitting, and the sightseeing, almost 40 minutes had passed us by, and we figured it was time to head back up to the restaurant and hope our buzzer would go off soon.

Up Next: A Kingdom Full of Endless Dreams For Every Girl and Boy

Last edited:
What a lovely way to spend the morning. The Poly is even more beautiful when its still sleeping. I have to say that the pool view there is one of, if not, the best anywhere. I watched Wishes from the Poly beach my last night and I would love to stay there. Being DVC it probably won't happen anytime soon.

You have a big day ahead of you before race time. What time does the actual race start? Can't wait to read all about that.

AHHH the Poly! :love: It's so beautiful, I fell in love with it a couple of years ago when we went to 'Ohana for the first time, and it's been my dream resort ever since! It really does look so peaceful in your pictures, with no one around! The pool looks amazing, I love how it looks like it goes right out into the lagoon! :yay: Glad you guys had such a nice, relaxing morning before the race!

Awwww what a sweet update! Your shopaholic husband made me laugh. :laughing:

I'm so glad your mom loves the Poly as much as you!

I hope that you and your family really do get to stay there someday! That would be wonderful!

So glad you enjoyed your "waiting" time at the Poly. Of course, we love the Poly at our house! :) Hope you get to enjoy it one day!

ahhh, the Poly!!! I am so glad I took your suggestion of Kona being a great race day breakfast :) We loved it there so much too and DH had always thought from a distance it didnt look like such a hot hotel so it was great to get in there and really see how beautiful it was! and your right! The pool and the beach and the view are all amazing!!! We took our time enjoying that part AFTER our brunch and it was sooo pretty we just wanted to linger.

So glad your mom decided that she wants to stay there :) Definitely something to look forward to!

What a great morning at the Poly! I've never been there, I can't wait to see it this year. I hope to wander around for a bit and see the place.
Had to giggle at you losing your hubby to every shop along the way!

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful morning, walking around the Poly. Its funny how those quiet moments just walking around checking a resort out can be so wonderful and memorable :goodvibes

I have yet to eat at Kona, but that is one that I want to check out sometime soon!! Ps Tim and I both have the same issue with wearing clothes before washing them, it makes our skin really irritated

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter