It'll Be All Right -A May 2012 TR Closing Thought and PTR Link 8/12*

I mean, if there was ever a good excuse to be absent from the DIS, I'm thinking pregnancy is it. No need to apologize :thumbsup2

Such cute things for the baby!

I'm just happy I found out before I mailed out any other care package. So the surprise we're pregnant box was the very first box he got.

This medication has been my life saver!!!! I'm not crazy about having to be medicated while pregnant, but I'd rather be medicated than not eating. When I was in the ER the second time getting fluids they kept coming to check on me and asked if I needed or wanted anything, and at that point it had been three days since I'd been able to eat and I was just like, I just wanna eat!!!! Lol.

I'm hoping my energy starts to pick up soon. I'm supposed to be going on a cruise mid April and would really like to not be exhausted 24/7. We were going to go to Disney once Tim gets home, but I'll be like 33 weeks and I know I'll be too uncomfortable.

Our Disney Wedding is 5 months and 2 weeks after my due date. So I've got my work cut out for me fitting into that dress. But it's a corset so I've got a little bit of wiggle room.

I have put sooooo much thought into baby's first trip!!! Baby's first trip (so long as baby is healthy and doesn't have to spend any time in NICU and I go on time and not a week late) is actually going the end of October/Beginning of November. I know I know I'm crazy!!! But we have to go down for wedding planning stuff and I can't just leave baby home. We'll probably only do MNSSHP and Downtown Disney, since those crowds will be a tad bit smaller than going to the parks during the day. But we'll see how I feel about it once Little One makes their arrival. Lol. I always told Tim I wanted to go as soon as possible. It will definitely be by the end of the year though.

I'm working on changing doctors right now, but I think I'm going to go to one of those 3d/4d ultrasound places and pay to find out the sex early. But like you said, as long as little one is healthy with 10 fingers and 10 toes I'll be happy.

Butting in here to day We had our wedding planned, hall booked, date set when I found out I was preggo and Due the end of Feb (wedding was June 11). I went dress shopping before I got too big and got a corset dress...best decision EVER! I not only got my weight down but ended up, due to BF, being skinnier than I was when I 1st tried on the dress!

Jumping over to read your WPJ!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
And all the stuff you have for your little guy makes me jealous! I didn't know what we were having with any of them so the only thing I was able to get was a 'infant' set of black mickey ears (which fit him NOW, and he will be 2). I wish I could have found something in NB for him (or her, but it was him) to wear in the hospital. Instead I had a Build a Bear 'bee' outfit we put him in. I think there is a pict in my PTR, if not I'll add one, cause it was super cute!

You look great!!! Your little boy is going to be here so soon - how exciting!! :goodvibes

Love all your cute Disney outfits - he's going to be stylin' on his first trip!!! :thumbsup2

Alicia - you really look wonderful! Rest now while you can because once the little guy gets here it's ON!

All your Disney outfits are absolutely adorable. Thanks so much for posting them and for the update! Good to know everything is going well!

You look amazing! I was so excited to see there may be a holiday trip at the beginning of December, I sure hope we overlap a bit to say a quick hello!

Yay, thanks for the update, Alicia!!! :banana:
I have to say, you are soooo cute pregnant!!! I'm glad to know that everything's okay, but sorry to hear that you're having to go for the monitoring.

Oh, all those Disney outfits are so awesome...but I wouldn't expect anything different!:thumbsup2

And speaking of future plans, have you decided whether or not you're gonna do any Disney races next year? Sadly, the W&D is out for us this year.:(

Thanks! I'm definitely ready to not be pregnant anymore, though. :rotfl:

Oh no! What happened? I'm sorry to hear that, but there's always future years to plan and participate in. As of right now, I don't have any races planned, but I hope that changes later on. My dream would be to do the W&D Half in '14, but I just don't know if I'll be ready by then. :confused3

What about you? Since October got scrapped, are you going to do any in 2014?

I mean, if there was ever a good excuse to be absent from the DIS, I'm thinking pregnancy is it. No need to apologize :thumbsup2

Such cute things for the baby!

Haha, that was my line of thinking. I knew everyone would get that I didn't just drop off the face of the earth, but I still felt bad when I signed on a few weeks ago and saw how many reports had finished or were 12 pages deep. :goodvibes

And all the stuff you have for your little guy makes me jealous! I didn't know what we were having with any of them so the only thing I was able to get was a 'infant' set of black mickey ears (which fit him NOW, and he will be 2). I wish I could have found something in NB for him (or her, but it was him) to wear in the hospital. Instead I had a Build a Bear 'bee' outfit we put him in. I think there is a pict in my PTR, if not I'll add one, cause it was super cute!

We were really excited to discover all the infant stuff for DS. A Disney Outlet store just recently opened in our area, as well, so luck was with us these last few months. I'm just hoping some of the cute outfits fit when we go to WDW. Every kid is different and he could very well be outgrown of all of them by December!

You look great!!! Your little boy is going to be here so soon - how exciting!! :goodvibes

Love all your cute Disney outfits - he's going to be stylin' on his first trip!!! :thumbsup2

That's the goal. I don't think there will be any doubt as to what his parents' passion is, that's for sure. :rotfl2: I even told the photographer doing our newborn shoot, "Our theme is Lion King. But pretty much anything Disney we love. If it's not too much to ask, could we throw some Mickey ears on him. Just for a second!":lmao:

Alicia - you really look wonderful! Rest now while you can because once the little guy gets here it's ON!

All your Disney outfits are absolutely adorable. Thanks so much for posting them and for the update! Good to know everything is going well!

Thank you. I've been trying to catch as many naps as possible, because I know my days of being rested are limited!

You look amazing! I was so excited to see there may be a holiday trip at the beginning of December, I sure hope we overlap a bit to say a quick hello!

If I can ever finalize my dates (which I'm beginning to think won't ever happen) I will let you know if our dates overlap. I love saying hello to fellow DISboarders!

You really do look awesome in that photo... I think it was about 2 weeks ago and based on your ticker... You are pretty much ready to have that little man!:goodvibes (it's good to get that sleep in now... you have a great excuse so sleep away...)

You have great Dis outfits and I love your nursery items... it's good to get them programmed early...:thumbsup2

hmmm... in some ways... taking a baby to Disney when they're still little and in their portable little carriers could be easier than when they get mobile... you can feel tired when you have a baby... because it's new and the sleep cycle... but it's way more stressful (and I think tiring) when they are mobile because well they are trying to go places... things to do, other toddlers to see... and you have to be on top of them... So whether or not you choose to go to Disney... make sure you get out as much as you can when the little guy is still cocooned safely (trapped ;) in their baby carrier...

You really do look awesome in that photo... I think it was about 2 weeks ago and based on your ticker... You are pretty much ready to have that little man!:goodvibes (it's good to get that sleep in now... you have a great excuse so sleep away...)

You have great Dis outfits and I love your nursery items... it's good to get them programmed early...:thumbsup2

hmmm... in some ways... taking a baby to Disney when they're still little and in their portable little carriers could be easier than when they get mobile... you can feel tired when you have a baby... because it's new and the sleep cycle... but it's way more stressful (and I think tiring) when they are mobile because well they are trying to go places... things to do, other toddlers to see... and you have to be on top of them... So whether or not you choose to go to Disney... make sure you get out as much as you can when the little guy is still cocooned safely (trapped ;) in their baby carrier...

I did a lot of research here on the DISboards on when people say is the best time to take a little one to Disney, and the one thing I saw over and over again is that it's easier to deal with them when they aren't walking yet. Which I can understand. I imagine chasing after them and keeping their attention focused at certain times could be difficult. At least when they are younger they can sleep through the rides and meals. :rotfl:

Hi everyone!

So just when I start to get caught up on all the trip reports and feel like I have a few free minutes to update my own, the plans changed a bit. Well, a lot actually.

My little darling son decided he didn't want to wait until the 11th (his official eviction notice from his doctors) to see this crazy world.

At 5:00 am on Sunday, April 7th, he decided to get the ball rolling, and by 1:39pm that afternoon he had made his appearance!

Img_1703.jpg

Here's the newest little Disney fan:

533332_10151494997273796_458182323_n[1].jpg

Landon, born 8 lbs 1.3oz (UGH:rotfl2:) and 19.5 inches long.

He was born happy and healthy and aside from a small bout of jaundice early on, he has remained that way.

All the nurses at the hospital loved all his Disney stuff and asked us when his first trip is going to be. They got a kick out of hearing how many times Alex and I visited, and how little DS had technically already been to the world- twice. ::yes::

The following Tuesday we were allowed to go home, and here's Landon sporting his Mickey blanket, which he can't live without. I call it his pacifier, because you put that blankie on him and he's content as can be. At least the guys got good taste...
559757_1.jpg

And, of course, since being home, I've taken about a million photos of him. So I apologize in advance for the overabundance of baby shots.

149049_.jpg

1 week 1 day 02.jpg

Because you all know my mom from this TR, here she is visiting with her grandbaby:
1 week 1 day old 11.jpg

Even she's already excited about showing him Disney World. I think it has become a mandatory rule that she take him on his first Soarin' ride. :lmao:

Then there's the very tired parents with him:

1 week 2 days old 07.jpg

And, finally, one more for good measure:

1 week 3 days old 01.jpg

Overall, he's a great baby, and now I'm eager to start planning his first trip. When he keeps me up at night, I debate with him which ride he should go on first. I vote Pirates, but right now his hat's in the ring for It's a Small World. He wants to hear all the music.:confused3

A few days ago, Alex's siblings used one of their day tickets that we got them and went to WDW for the day. They managed to go to AK, Epcot, and MK, and they all enjoyed the Flower and Garden Festival.
It made Alex's and I's day when his brother Eddie, texted us going, "You two are horrible people." And attached to the message was a picture of his lanyard with at least 6 more pins that he'd purchased that day.

Ahahah.

We created a monster!

All right, Alex's family is coming into town tomorrow, then we have a newborn photo shoot, then Alex heads back into work on the 28th (thank goodness for built up leave time) but after
ALL THAT I should be able to get back to this trip report. Sorry it is dragging on forever, blame it on the cutie in the above photos.

Last edited:
Oh my! Well hello, Landon! Nice to meet you!
Congratulations on your gorgeous baby boy, so happy to hear he's a healthy, happy boy and already planning his first trip to WDW!

Alicia - Congratulations to all three of you! Landon is absolutely precious (and quite stylish too, I might add). Sounds like you had a pretty decent first labor. That's awesome! I am glad you are all happy and healthy. You can post as many baby pictures as you would like. I will never get tired of seeing that cute little face! Too funny about the middle of the night trip planning! pixiedust:

Aww, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Alicia, he is sooo precious. I am so happy for y'all. I am loving all of his Disney gear, too; you certainly have good taste. :)

I hope your nights get better soon. I remember those days all too well, lol.

Awww.... Alicia ... He's beautiful!!! Congratulations...:goodvibes Enjoy Him...

(btw...OMG... too funny about your BIL... after that whole day... they were so cynical ... I love it... you created more Dis Lunatics like all of us...:rotfl2:)

I just started reading your trip report last week so I was just in time to see your new baby! Congratulations, he is beautiful. I'm sure you can't wait to take him to Disney World.

First of all I can't get enough of Landon!!! Soooo cute!!!!

Second... I;m seeing an arranged Disney Wedding in the future... Found out 2 weeks ago it's a girl!!!!

Oh my! Well hello, Landon! Nice to meet you!
Congratulations on your gorgeous baby boy, so happy to hear he's a healthy, happy boy and already planning his first trip to WDW!

Thank you!

AHHHHH CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes He's adorable!

Thanks!

He has to be the sweetest Landon I've ever seen! Congratulations! :)

Thank you. Overall, he's a very calm, sweet baby, which Alex and I are grateful for. :goodvibes

Alicia - Congratulations to all three of you! Landon is absolutely precious (and quite stylish too, I might add). Sounds like you had a pretty decent first labor. That's awesome! I am glad you are all happy and healthy. You can post as many baby pictures as you would like. I will never get tired of seeing that cute little face! Too funny about the middle of the night trip planning! pixiedust:

Thank you! The labor wasn't bad, as far as labor goes.:rotfl2: But I will say I'm glad it's over and that he's here. I can't believe he's already 3 weeks old.

He's still sticking to It's a Small World...won't even let me change the IPOD to Pirates when he's listening to the ride audio...:rotfl:

Aww, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Alicia, he is sooo precious. I am so happy for y'all. I am loving all of his Disney gear, too; you certainly have good taste. :)

I hope your nights get better soon. I remember those days all too well, lol.

Thanks! I can't wait for him to start fitting into some of his Disney outfits; then I'll be flaunting him around town. :lmao:

He psyched me out for a few nights by only waking up once, but he made sure to break us of that habit very quickly. :rotfl2: I don't know what I'll do when I get a solid 5-6 hours of sleep again.

Enjoying your report !

Thank you!

Awww.... Alicia ... He's beautiful!!! Congratulations...:goodvibes Enjoy Him...

(btw...OMG... too funny about your BIL... after that whole day... they were so cynical ... I love it... you created more Dis Lunatics like all of us...:rotfl2:)

Thanks! We're definitely enjoying this time, he's growing up so fast!

I just started reading your trip report last week so I was just in time to see your new baby! Congratulations, he is beautiful. I'm sure you can't wait to take him to Disney World.

Thanks for reading! And yes, Alex and I are dying to take him on his first Disney trip. We can't wait to begin planning it.

First of all I can't get enough of Landon!!! Soooo cute!!!!

Second... I;m seeing an arranged Disney Wedding in the future... Found out 2 weeks ago it's a girl!!!!

Congratulations!!!!pixiedust::cool1:
Hope Tim's prepared to spend a fortune in Disney gear, because there's TONS of girl apparel and toys.

And, oh yes, we need to start planning the Disney wedding now....:lmao: Be sure to keep your notes, they'll come in handy in 20/30 years. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter