• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It'll Be All Right -A May 2012 TR Closing Thought and PTR Link 8/12*

Woah... it's so weird to see Spaceship Earth with a bunch of cars in the foreground. :confused:

Aww! So glad your mom loved Soarin' so much! It's a must-do for me, for sure. :thumbsup2

You are definitely not alone in the "MINE! MINE!" thing. Promise. ;) Yay for dolphins! They're basically the best.

70 minutes for Soarin' right after rope drop, that would be madness! Glad it only ended up being 30 mins! Your mom looks so happy, what a great memory! I enjoy Soarin' but I wouldn't consider myself a die hard either.

I love Nemo too, especially the aquarium at the end.

Looking forward to where you guys are headed next!

I love driving to Epcot, it always seems really close!

Awww, I love that your mom was so excited for Epcot, but you and Alex were sad that he was leaving. I've gone to Disney without Brandon when I was a kid, but as an adult, I've only gone with him. I'll be going on my first trip without him when I go with my sister and niece, and while I'm sure it might be strange at first, I can't wait to go with them! :thumbsup2 Of course I'll miss Brandon, but it's going to be a whole different experience with my sister and niece! :cool1:

Dude, I could totally ride Soarin' 14 days in a row. No problem! :thumbsup2

So glad your mom loved it so much, it's such a fantastic ride!

I think May 7 was the day I almost died in Epcot...I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure we were there, and it was that horribly HOT day! :crazy2:

I always get lost driving to the parks but Epcot is way easier than the rest!
Ok maybe it's not lost, it's more like ending up missing the signs and getting in the wrong lanes and seeing the correct signs when it's too late.

Ahhhhh my mum is the same with Soarin!
I was SO excited to take her to Disneyland a couple of years ago because I knew she would love it! And sure enough we got off and she asked if we were going to do it again and we said we would a bit later on. She then asked if we could meet up later so she could go through single rider a couple of times on her own and then she would call us to find where we were.
She rode 8 times in a row before she called us!:rotfl2:

After all, I was a time card holder, I take that responsibility very seriously:
Good!! I have a feeling that some of the wildly inaccurate wait times are due to people not taking their responsibility seriously!

Who else can’t look at this area and not want to shout, “Mine! Mine!” Oh, just me…okay then.
You're not alone!!!
Same reaction when I was walking past the massive Nemo seagulls at AOA.
It's totally normal to randomly squawk 'MINE' in Disney.

My mom was excited to see what my plans unfurled for her, because I’d been hyping this day for awhile. I had this gut feeling she was going to love Soarin’ and I would even have gone so far as to put money down that it’d be her favorite attraction.

I know there’s Soarin’ lovers and Soarin’ avoiders on here, and I personally am neutral about it. I do love the ride, but I also don’t mind skipping it if time is crunched.

My mom, however, now thinks both of us are nuts. She is a Soarin’ die-hard. It’s won her heart and soul. She exited the ride with the biggest smile on her face, and she was talking a mile a minute about her favorite scenes and how brilliant the idea was.

As we were leaving the Land, my mom made the remark, “You know, that guy had it right. I could ride that every day and be perfectly happy.”

I'm a die-hard Soarin' girl, too. It is the only ride on property that I do not volunteer to sit out of to stay back with a little one. Everything else - ToT Everest, Space Mountain, whatever - I baby hold w/o a blink, but Soarin' is my ride! I have often thought how nice it would be to ride it at the end of every school day just to decompress before moving on to evening chores and activities. :thumbsup2

Image6-17.jpg

I can easily picture myself being right there sitting on the rock wall in that shade at this moment. Aaaaah! :goodvibes

Woah... it's so weird to see Spaceship Earth with a bunch of cars in the foreground. :confused:

Aww! So glad your mom loved Soarin' so much! It's a must-do for me, for sure. :thumbsup2

You are definitely not alone in the "MINE! MINE!" thing. Promise. ;) Yay for dolphins! They're basically the best.

I never thought about NOT seeing Spaceship Earth with cars in the front. That's always been my "we're here!" view. :confused3

70 minutes for Soarin' right after rope drop, that would be madness! Glad it only ended up being 30 mins! Your mom looks so happy, what a great memory! I enjoy Soarin' but I wouldn't consider myself a die hard either.

I love Nemo too, especially the aquarium at the end.

Looking forward to where you guys are headed next!

I thought the 70 minute wait time was a little steep. But Test Track had just closed a few weeks ago (at that time) so I'm sure they were still trying to compensate for that.

I love driving to Epcot, it always seems really close!

Awww, I love that your mom was so excited for Epcot, but you and Alex were sad that he was leaving. I've gone to Disney without Brandon when I was a kid, but as an adult, I've only gone with him. I'll be going on my first trip without him when I go with my sister and niece, and while I'm sure it might be strange at first, I can't wait to go with them! :thumbsup2 Of course I'll miss Brandon, but it's going to be a whole different experience with my sister and niece! :cool1:

Dude, I could totally ride Soarin' 14 days in a row. No problem! :thumbsup2

So glad your mom loved it so much, it's such a fantastic ride!

I think May 7 was the day I almost died in Epcot...I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure we were there, and it was that horribly HOT day! :crazy2:

Going to Disney with a different group of people is a whole new experience, but you can't help but go, "If So and So were here.." Or "So and So loves doing this."

I think that was the day the heat got to you. And I can understand. It was INSANE that day. Like, July-hot. Ugh.

I always get lost driving to the parks but Epcot is way easier than the rest!
Ok maybe it's not lost, it's more like ending up missing the signs and getting in the wrong lanes and seeing the correct signs when it's too late.

Ahhhhh my mum is the same with Soarin!
I was SO excited to take her to Disneyland a couple of years ago because I knew she would love it! And sure enough we got off and she asked if we were going to do it again and we said we would a bit later on. She then asked if we could meet up later so she could go through single rider a couple of times on her own and then she would call us to find where we were.
She rode 8 times in a row before she called us!:rotfl2:

Good!! I have a feeling that some of the wildly inaccurate wait times are due to people not taking their responsibility seriously!

You're not alone!!!
Same reaction when I was walking past the massive Nemo seagulls at AOA.
It's totally normal to randomly squawk 'MINE' in Disney.

8 times in a row! That's awesome. :rotfl: I wonder what it is with moms and Soarin' that makes them love it so much. :confused3 Either way, glad we both knew that was the ride to take them on.

I am always worried about missing signs when driving at Disney. Luckily, I've got the routes from the All Star resorts to each park memorized. But if we ever stay anywhere else, I'll be lost. :rotfl2:

I'm a die-hard Soarin' girl, too. It is the only ride on property that I do not volunteer to sit out of to stay back with a little one. Everything else - ToT Everest, Space Mountain, whatever - I baby hold w/o a blink, but Soarin' is my ride! I have often thought how nice it would be to ride it at the end of every school day just to decompress before moving on to evening chores and activities. :thumbsup2

I can easily picture myself being right there sitting on the rock wall in that shade at this moment. Aaaaah! :goodvibes

Soarin' would be the best ride to go on after a long day at school. My major is Elementary Ed, and I can easily look back on certain days in the classroom and go, "Yep, a ride on Soarin' would be fitting right about now." ::yes::

I have a feeling my mom will be the same way with the ride. She's not a big fan of Everest or Rock N Roller Coaster, but I can't see her missing a chance to ride Soarin'. :goodvibes

Whoa, 2 updates in a week's time, gotta love that energy burst you get in the 2nd trimester. :lmao:

Right now, I'm trying to sort out concrete dates for my next Disney trip. It's proving to be a lot harder than I thought, so instead of stressing myself out, I figured I'd live vicariously in the world for a bit with another update.

May 7th Morning Cont.d:

I wasn't completely sure what Alex wanted to do after The Seas, but if it got us out of the horrible heat, I was all for it.

As it turns out, Alex led my mother and I to:

Dsc09416.jpg

The Innovations Building.

Or, as I thought of it that morning: The Air Conditioned Building.

Can I just say, I don't see how you summer visitors do it.
Battling the crowded parks in July/ August heat. It makes me start sweating just thinking about how hot and muggy it must be.

:crazy2:

Don't get me wrong. I love living in Florida.

But only because I live 10 minutes from a beach, where the sea breeze keeps me cool, and the ocean is a nice break from the direct sunlight.

You folks who stand in lines and walk across hot parking lots should get a medal.

It would say,
"I Survived the Disney Summer."

Getting back on topic now...

Alex wanted to go on Sum of all Thrills, and I decided with him at the engineering wheels, I'd sit this one out. His creations are a little too intense for me.

So, I sent him on his merry way, and my mom and I found two empty seats near the restrooms.

Dsc09417.jpg

Dsc09418.jpg

For some reason, my feet were hurting that morning, so the chance to sit down and rest was music to my ears. I could've sat in that chair all day, people watching and chatting with my mom.

If there's one thing my mom and I are good at, it's passing the time talking about virtually nothing.

:rotfl:

There's no such thing as a short phone call between us. It has to last at least 30 minutes. After all, who else but us cares who won immunity in Survivor or what new animal the local zoo recently added.

But don't worry, I won't bore all of you with the conversation that passed on that morning. I'm sure it involved amazement over Alex's shopping, how my poor brother was surviving without my mother, back at home on pot pies and dirty laundry, and why it was so blooming hot out that morning.

We sat there about for about fifteen minutes, but then I started getting this extremely dirty look from a family sitting across from me. It was a set of grandparents, a mother, and two kids, and the mother was
GLARING at me.

Whoa there, Lady.

At first I thought she didn't like my opinion on who should win Dancing with the Stars.

But the mean look continued when I began talking about our evening plans.

And that's when I realized she was furious at me for sitting in a chair!

:rolleyes2

Let me first preface this with the fact that when said family first walked over, I made sure the grandparents had a seat. I'm not coldhearted, I know my manners, I would've given my seat to someone in need.
And the woman had seated herself on this huge circular foot ottoman. Her two kids were sitting by her feet on the carpet.

I didn't see any harm.
But then I heard, "Ugh, some people are so rude. They'll sit in the few available chairs all day while my kids have to go without."

I quickly texted my mom.

"Did you just hear that?"

She had.

I wasn't mad or upset by the remark, just surprised that someone would have the audacity to say it aloud to me. I mean, I get that I'm young and able bodied and can easily stand while others sit. Heck, nine times out of ten I offer my seat to people who look plum worn out. And if one of the 3 adults needed a place to sit, I would've been more than happy to offer them the chair I was in.

That or even if the kids were complaining. But they were sitting there, perfectly quiet, engrossed in their PSPs.

:confused3

At that point I decided it was best to go see if Alex was almost finished, so rather than sit there just to see what else the woman would do, I told my mom I'd meet her back there and got up to leave.
And to my astonishment, the mother was the one who jumped in my seat.

The kids continued to sit on the floor.

What?

I don't know.

Something to ponder over when I'm bored.

When I walked over to Sum of all Thrills, there was a massive group of people waiting on the benches and walls. Either, everyone in Epcot had a family member doing Sum of all Thrills, or everyone in Epcot saw Innovations as the perfect spot to get out of the heat.

Air Conditioned Building, you were living up to your name that day!:lmao:

I found a spot next to the wall across from the attraction and looked for Alex. After about 5 minutes, I finally spotted him walking towards one of the simulators.

Dsc09420.jpg

My poor shot of him on the ride.

The best moment of waiting for Alex to finish was this father and son standing next to me. The dad pointed to Alex's simulator and went, "Will you look at that? He's gotta be doing 3 or 4 flips!"

Brought a smile to my face.

Once I'
d collected Alex after he was finished, we went back to my mother and agreed it was time for a snack. Riding rides can sure make you hungry.
Sadly, we had to walk back out into the heat (I'm almost 60% sure it was about 90 degrees by that point.) and back to the Land.

Sunshine Seasons looked appealing to me, and I figured we'd stick close to Soarin' since our FPs were up in less than an hour.

My mom went with an apple Danish, and I got a Cheese one:

Dsc09429.jpg

While we were checking out, I asked Alex if he was getting anything, but he said he wasn't that hungry.
If anyone's mind flashed back to the afternoon of the Everest Challenge and my apples, you'd be in the same boat as me.

From experience, I knew, "I'm not hungry" meant "I'll split whatever you're having."

Hmmmmppphhh.

I guess Alex was just preparing me for the future vacations with kids.

But I sure as heck didn't know that back then, so I was just perturbed that another one of my glorious Disney snacks would have to be shared.

The woes of a Disney vacationer...

Sitting behind us eating were a couple celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary. All three of us couldn't help but stop and say congratulations as we were leaving.

I mean,
50 years.

That's incredible.

And they still looked happy!

:rotfl2:

I'm kidding, I'm kidding...

Ahh, I have to go back a step.

Right before we bought our food, I got turned around in the building, and for some ridiculously crazy reason, thought I ended up in front of the Soarin' FP kiosk.

Don't ask why. I've been to the Soarin' FP center. I KNOW what it looks like. But, because of the heat and the hunger, I had a brain burp.
Our 2 hour window was up, and I looked up at the return window and saw a time of 12:25.

What?! A Soarin' return time a little less than an hour from then.

I know, I know, red flag.

I told everyone to give me their park tickets, and I quickly got three FPs. My mom and Alex gave me funny looks, but I didn't think anything of it.

Until, I looked at our Fastpasses and saw "Living with the Land" at the top.

:scared:

Ugh.
Talk about a ditzy moment.

I was so embarrassed with myself. Even my mother, who'd never stepped foot inside the Land before knew we weren't at the Soarin' kiosks.
I'd just wasted our FP window with a walk-on ride. By the time our next available window arrived (when our current FPs were due) we'd be at lunch and wouldn't get any decent return times for Soarin'.

Woops.

By far, my biggest blooper of the trip. I still look back on it and go, "What the heck was I doing?"

Anyways, after our Danishes, my mom, Alex, and I looked over at LwtL and saw that the queue was empty so we said, "Meh, might as well give it a try."

Dsc09431.jpg

I don't know why, but I had never been on Living with the Land before. It was another first for me!

The ride was better than I thought it'd be, actually.

Dsc09438.jpg

Dsc09442.jpg

Dsc09451.jpg

When we got to the outside viewing area, my mom and I got a tad bit sad. I guess sad's not the right word. Homesick fits better.

My dad is a huge gardener. Like, it's his one true passion. He has this huge area in the backyard dedicated to his plants, and you cannot go through one dinner with him not saying
something garden related. In the summer, he gives me all the tomatoes and zucchinis and squash I can eat, and I have enough frozen green beans to last me until next year. It's just his thing. We here on the DISboards love Disney. My dad loves plants.:confused3

And for years, my dad's been under this belief that Disney's a once in a lifetime place to take your kids and that's it. He feels like since he went with all of us back in '98, there's nothing else for him to see.

And being on the ride made my mom and I just think about how much we wanted to bring him and the rest of my family. As an adult, my life has kind of branched out into three "family units" if you will. There's Alex and me (and future baby). Then there's his immediate family and my immediate family.

I love having my own family unit now, but being on the Land made me really wish my dad and brothers were with me at that moment. It took me straight back to my childhood, and my mom and I couldn't help but think about what a trip with all of them would be like.

Right there on the ride we started thinking about taking my dad on the Behind the Seeds Tour and getting Isaac and Alex to ride Tower of Terror together and letting Josh try different drinks around the World Showcase.

By the time the ride was up, my mom and I had planned the perfect family vacation.:rotfl:

Immediately after Living with the Land, we hopped over to Soarin' and used our FPs. I'm pretty sure my mother loved it even more the second time around, making the comment, "I wish we could on it again!"

Unfortunately, the standby time was up to 90 minutes, and unlike earlier that morning, I knew 90 minutes really meant 90 minutes.

Besides, it was about 12:15, and we had a lunch reservation to get to.

Up Next: I Could Live off that Rice Right There

Last edited:

Weeeeeee! Two updates!
So it sounds like (other than the LWTL fastpass brain burp and the heat) a great morning at Epcot so far! Glad you decided to stick it out in the Soarin' line and that it was only 30 minutes! I'm a Soarin' lover, not to the point where I have to ride it every day, but let's say at every easy opportunity.

If you're handing out medals, I won't turn one down! :rotfl:

That lady sounds insanely rude. I mean, her kids are younger than you, so it's not like they NEED the chairs. And also, why were they all needing a seat anyway? Who says you deserve a chair less than another park guest? Ugh, I can't handle some people. Sorry for my tangent hahaah.

:lmao: Don't worry, we all have Disney brain farts sometimes!

Wow, look at you ... I had a lot to catch up on!

Your EMH night at the MK was a blast. I had fun living vicariously through you and running all over the park. Your nighttime pictures were amazing, and that is too funny about having to be driven back to your car. I have never heard of that happening!

I am with your mom and that guy from Toronto: I could ride Soarin' every. Day. The scenery and the smells are awesome, but I think what gets me is the music. That soundtrack is so moving!

I can't wait to read about your quick trip for Epcot's 30th, but I totally hear you about visiting WDW when you're pregnant. We went one weekend when I was 19 weeks pregnant with Andrew, and it was so hard -- much harder than I thought it would be at that point. But still, you got to go to DISNEY!!! :thumbsup2

Haha, totally agree with you about people who visit Disney in the summer! I could NEVER do it! In fact, it will probably be a while before I even attempt to go in May again, after the heat this year! :rotfl: I wish I was one of those people who could tolerate the heat, but I just can't deal with it!

“Ugh, some people are so rude. They’ll sit in the few available chairs all day while my kids have to go without.”

Huh. Don't get me started on this, I absolutely cannot STAND people like this, that think their precious little children should be entitled to everything at Disney. And I love kids, I work with kids, I hope to have kids of my own someday, so it's nothing against kids. It's the parents who act like adults should give up everything for the sake of children at Disney World. Ugh. Like I said, don't get me started...I have serious issues with this! :rotfl2:

Anyway, sounds like you guys were having a great morning in Epcot! Can't believe you got LWTL FP's instead of Soarin, I've never heard of that! At least you liked the ride, it's not all that exciting, but it's cute! :cool1:

Weeeeeee! Two updates!
So it sounds like (other than the LWTL fastpass brain burp and the heat) a great morning at Epcot so far! Glad you decided to stick it out in the Soarin' line and that it was only 30 minutes! I'm a Soarin' lover, not to the point where I have to ride it every day, but let's say at every easy opportunity.

It was one of the better days of the trip. I mean, nothing could've beat the previous night at MK (in my opinion) but my mom had a blast, so I was happy with that.

If you're handing out medals, I won't turn one down! :rotfl:

That lady sounds insanely rude. I mean, her kids are younger than you, so it's not like they NEED the chairs. And also, why were they all needing a seat anyway? Who says you deserve a chair less than another park guest? Ugh, I can't handle some people. Sorry for my tangent hahaah.

:lmao: Don't worry, we all have Disney brain farts sometimes!

You definitely earn a medal. I mean...July/August?! :crazy2: And what's crazy is, you haven't really said too many negative things about the heat so far in your TR. Talk about a trooper.:rotfl:

Yeah, I was more than a little surprised by the seat incident. The kids were completely into their games and weren't even thinking about seats. But Disney shows you all kinds of people. :scratchin

Wow, look at you ... I had a lot to catch up on!

Your EMH night at the MK was a blast. I had fun living vicariously through you and running all over the park. Your nighttime pictures were amazing, and that is too funny about having to be driven back to your car. I have never heard of that happening!

I am with your mom and that guy from Toronto: I could ride Soarin' every. Day. The scenery and the smells are awesome, but I think what gets me is the music. That soundtrack is so moving!

I can't wait to read about your quick trip for Epcot's 30th, but I totally hear you about visiting WDW when you're pregnant. We went one weekend when I was 19 weeks pregnant with Andrew, and it was so hard -- much harder than I thought it would be at that point. But still, you got to go to DISNEY!!! :thumbsup2

Staying out past the trams was different, I didn't even think that was possible!:lmao:

I agree with you on the Soarin' soundtrack. It's amazing, and I actually listen to it at home. :goodvibes Gives me a little dose of Epcot while I'm away....

I think my mistake was going when I was still in the first trimester. Now that I'm out of it and have been increasing my walking distance, I feel a million times better. Which is crazy, because I didn't think I was that under the weather to begin with, but I guess so. Plus, the heat. :crazy2:
I don't think I could do 19 weeks, though. That sounds exhausting. :rotfl:

Haha, totally agree with you about people who visit Disney in the summer! I could NEVER do it! In fact, it will probably be a while before I even attempt to go in May again, after the heat this year! :rotfl: I wish I was one of those people who could tolerate the heat, but I just can't deal with it!

Huh. Don't get me started on this, I absolutely cannot STAND people like this, that think their precious little children should be entitled to everything at Disney. And I love kids, I work with kids, I hope to have kids of my own someday, so it's nothing against kids. It's the parents who act like adults should give up everything for the sake of children at Disney World. Ugh. Like I said, don't get me started...I have serious issues with this! :rotfl2:

Anyway, sounds like you guys were having a great morning in Epcot! Can't believe you got LWTL FP's instead of Soarin, I've never heard of that! At least you liked the ride, it's not all that exciting, but it's cute! :cool1:

I think I'll have to go in May in the future, because Alex will want to do the EE Challenge, but I'm going to feel out the winter first. If we have pretty cold winter, I think we'll be safe for May. But if it's like 2011's, where the weather stayed around 50 the whole time, I'll know to avoid the May months. :rotfl2:

Yeah, I think if I had been hotter or if it had been later in the day and I was tired, I would've made a nasty comment back to the mom, but at that time I was having a great morning and didn't want to sour it by starting a fight. But trust me, I'm with you on parents thinking their kid should get better treatment over folks who are there without. Makes me nuts.

Ugh the LwtL FP messup was so stupid of me. :rolleyes2 I think you've never heard of that before because I'm probably the ONLY PERSON EVER to do something that dumb. :lmao: I'm horrible with directions and get so turned around when DH isn't guiding me.

Hi! I have been lurking On your TR for a few days and wasn't really going to comment. But then I got to the expedition Everest race part. I have always been intrigued by the 5ks but I am not a runner and I had no idea they were walker friendly. I have now made it my goal to register for a Disney 5k next year! Do you have any tips or any helpful advice? Your TR is awesome so far! I can't. Wait to read about the mother daughter portion, since my main travel companion is my mom! Oh, and congratulations on your pregnancy!

I really hope that you are able to convince your dad to go back to Disney, especially once the baby is born. My dad passed away suddenly 3 years ago and just about a month before he had said he would like to go to Disney with the whole family again. We never got the chance and I know he would have loved being at Disney with Caitlin and I would have liked to have the memories.

:headache:The lady stalking your chair was so rude. I don't get why she would think kids should have the seat, they have no trouble sitting on the floor. I'm telling you I am only 30 and I am starting to have trouble heaving my butt off the floor without my knees cracking. If there is a chair, I'm sitting.

Mmmm, cheese danish. I could go for one of those right about now.

Awww... that's sad about Alex having to leave and you being all sad about it...

but you do get time with your Mom and that's gotta be nice...:goodvibes

The look on her face after Soarin... is priceless...:thumbsup2

I really do like Soarin but I've also ridden in at Disneyland and it really fits in perfectly there... because well it takes place over California and it's in an area of the park that it just really integrates well into...

I like that you went into "Air Conditioned Building" like that made it an attraction...:lmao:

Hate, hate , hate rude people ... especially rude people who are rude and liars to boot... :sad2:

Hi! I have been lurking On your TR for a few days and wasn't really going to comment. But then I got to the expedition Everest race part. I have always been intrigued by the 5ks but I am not a runner and I had no idea they were walker friendly. I have now made it my goal to register for a Disney 5k next year! Do you have any tips or any helpful advice? Your TR is awesome so far! I can't. Wait to read about the mother daughter portion, since my main travel companion is my mom! Oh, and congratulations on your pregnancy!

Disney 5Ks are definitely walker-friendly! The official website says you have to keep a 16min/mile pace, which is like a brisk walk. If you can speed walk for a good amount of time, you should be able to keep that pace no problem. Just strolling around for a mile is only about 18 minutes.

That being said, if you do a nighttime race like Everest, nobody pays attention to your time. They only set a pace requirement because in the morning, they need to ensure all the racers are done before parks and roads open. So if you're at all concerned about timing, be sure and do a night race first. They are incredibly fun, but beware, they're super addictive. I'm a runDisney addict now!

I really hope that you are able to convince your dad to go back to Disney, especially once the baby is born. My dad passed away suddenly 3 years ago and just about a month before he had said he would like to go to Disney with the whole family again. We never got the chance and I know he would have loved being at Disney with Caitlin and I would have liked to have the memories.

:headache:The lady stalking your chair was so rude. I don't get why she would think kids should have the seat, they have no trouble sitting on the floor. I'm telling you I am only 30 and I am starting to have trouble heaving my butt off the floor without my knees cracking. If there is a chair, I'm sitting.

Mmmm, cheese danish. I could go for one of those right about now.

I'm hoping once my dad has older grandkids he'll be more apt to go back to Disney. Right now, he just feels like there's nothing new there for him to see, but I think with both my mom and I pestering him he'll cave eventually.

Awww... that's sad about Alex having to leave and you being all sad about it...

but you do get time with your Mom and that's gotta be nice...:goodvibes

The look on her face after Soarin... is priceless...:thumbsup2

I really do like Soarin but I've also ridden in at Disneyland and it really fits in perfectly there... because well it takes place over California and it's in an area of the park that it just really integrates well into...

I like that you went into "Air Conditioned Building" like that made it an attraction...:lmao:

Hate, hate , hate rude people ... especially rude people who are rude and liars to boot... :sad2:

Spending some one on one time with my mom was really nice, even though I was a little sad about not having Alex with me. And now that my family's expanding, I'm so grateful that we were able to get that time alone, because who knows when that opportunity will arise again.

When Disney is super hot like it was that day, my favorite attraction is the one that's nearest to me at that moment and has a big air conditioned room.:rotfl:

I bet next time that crabby lady will just get a scooter. Have you noticed the ridiculous number of scooters these days? In the MK we saw a FAMILY of them...mom, dad, grandma, AND 15 year old boy...guess he didn't want to be left out.

Strollers are nuts, too. We were on a bus from the Animal Kingdom to the Contemporary (long ride!) where everyone had seats except for a couple in their mid-20s. Mind you, there were actually still 2 seats with no PEOPLE in them. They were instead occupied by strollers leaning across them. If the parents just told their kids to sit in the "blocked" seats, there would have been seats for everyone. The worst part is that the couple originally had seats...they just gave them up for the elderly couple that was last to board...

I think that WDW is just such an inherently nice place that crabby people stand out like a sore thumb...it's just too bad the parks have so many thumbs...

We love Living with the Land...glad you finally rode it! If you do get your dad to come, you should do the "Behind the Seeds" tour. You can just sign up near the Soarin' FPs (I can give you directions :rotfl:) and they go a few times a day for like $15/person. It was the first backstage tour Joyce and I did, but that kinda led to us doing all of the rest of them :rolleyes1

I can't beleive Soarin was 70 min standby by the time you got there?!?!?! How on EARTH did that happen? Well, like you said it was more like 30 thank goodness but you headed there right away. I would have thought 20 min at most :confused3

And i get nauseous on Soarin too so I don't do it. Alex is a trooper to go ahead and do it even if it bothers him.

Just so you know we often have to say "Mine Mine Mine" when walking by the Nemo ride too :goodvibes so don't worry, your not alone. lol :thumbsup2

and we also LOOOVE the aquariums!! We can kill SOOO much time in there!! and the majority of it is by the dolphin area.

We couldn't do the parks in the summer either. We roast MORE than enough in April/May when we go!!! We do NOT get 40 C here which Florida can get often in the summer and so I guess I am not aclimatized to that heat - I would have to hide out in that hot temp as much as I do in the winter when it's 50 below zero!!!

I am APPALLED at the lady by the chairs!!! That's aweful and shame on her! EVERYONE at Disney is tired from walking and from the heat and if they are sitting then they OBVIOUSLY need a rest. Kids can sit on a floor and be completely happy as a matter of fact I sat on floors plenty of times while I was there and was totally happy to do it. As a matter of fact I did sit on the floor this past trip while DD and DH did 2 back to back drawing classes at DHS and didn't have a problem with it at all so I am just sick that she had to give you a hard time about that. HAHA, I would have been tempted to lay back and close my eyes and sprawl out on that big ol comfy chair and let her just stew! :rotfl:

I bet next time that crabby lady will just get a scooter. Have you noticed the ridiculous number of scooters these days? In the MK we saw a FAMILY of them...mom, dad, grandma, AND 15 year old boy...guess he didn't want to be left out.

Strollers are nuts, too. We were on a bus from the Animal Kingdom to the Contemporary (long ride!) where everyone had seats except for a couple in their mid-20s. Mind you, there were actually still 2 seats with no PEOPLE in them. They were instead occupied by strollers leaning across them. If the parents just told their kids to sit in the "blocked" seats, there would have been seats for everyone. The worst part is that the couple originally had seats...they just gave them up for the elderly couple that was last to board...

I think that WDW is just such an inherently nice place that crabby people stand out like a sore thumb...it's just too bad the parks have so many thumbs...

We love Living with the Land...glad you finally rode it! If you do get your dad to come, you should do the "Behind the Seeds" tour. You can just sign up near the Soarin' FPs (I can give you directions :rotfl:) and they go a few times a day for like $15/person. It was the first backstage tour Joyce and I did, but that kinda led to us doing all of the rest of them :rolleyes1

Strollers and scooters are everywhere at Disney! You can't look five feet away without seeing one. And the areas where you park the strollers near rides are crazy! I can't say too much, because I'm sure I'll need one in a few years, but I would never block an open seat with one. :sad2: That's just rude. :rolleyes:

I really want to take my dad on the Behind the Seeds tour, but I'd feel kinda bad for the poor tour guide. My dad would be asking him a million questions.:rotfl:

I can't beleive Soarin was 70 min standby by the time you got there?!?!?! How on EARTH did that happen? Well, like you said it was more like 30 thank goodness but you headed there right away. I would have thought 20 min at most :confused3

And i get nauseous on Soarin too so I don't do it. Alex is a trooper to go ahead and do it even if it bothers him.

Just so you know we often have to say "Mine Mine Mine" when walking by the Nemo ride too :goodvibes so don't worry, your not alone. lol :thumbsup2

and we also LOOOVE the aquariums!! We can kill SOOO much time in there!! and the majority of it is by the dolphin area.

We couldn't do the parks in the summer either. We roast MORE than enough in April/May when we go!!! We do NOT get 40 C here which Florida can get often in the summer and so I guess I am not aclimatized to that heat - I would have to hide out in that hot temp as much as I do in the winter when it's 50 below zero!!!

I am APPALLED at the lady by the chairs!!! That's aweful and shame on her! EVERYONE at Disney is tired from walking and from the heat and if they are sitting then they OBVIOUSLY need a rest. Kids can sit on a floor and be completely happy as a matter of fact I sat on floors plenty of times while I was there and was totally happy to do it. As a matter of fact I did sit on the floor this past trip while DD and DH did 2 back to back drawing classes at DHS and didn't have a problem with it at all so I am just sick that she had to give you a hard time about that. HAHA, I would have been tempted to lay back and close my eyes and sprawl out on that big ol comfy chair and let her just stew! :rotfl:

Apparently, everyone wanted to ride Soarin' that morning. :confused3 My best guess is that it was busier due to Test Track being closed.

I love FL weather, even in the summertime, but that's because I live on the beach and can cool off in the ocean. I could NEVER do a theme park in that heat. :crazy2: Talk about being miserable!

I agree with the whole chair situation. I'm more than fine sitting on the ground if there's no chairs available. Anything to rest my tired feet.:rotfl2:

Hi everyone!

Happy Halloween!

I have been MIA on the boards for the past week or two, and I apologize for that. I thought I'd still have plenty of time with this pregnancy and the holidays approaching to get my daily dose of TRs, but alas, I was wrong. :rotfl:

I'm hoping things will settle down a bit soon (no more doctor visits for a few weeks, colder weather which means I won't be outside as much) and I can write an update by the weekend. Fingers crossed! Right now I'm slowly making my way through TRs, so if I've missed a few updates from you, I'm catching up, I promise!:goodvibes
As of right now, I have to go to the doctor's to get blood drawn for the second day in a row. :crazy2: I'll be imagining myself at MVMCP while avoiding eye contact with the needle. :rotfl2:
(Which, by the way, I might actually be going to in December!!!:dance3:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter