ISO Disney Cruise Line Lanyards

I just sent you a huge THANK YOU on the hand-made thread! What a great creative idea!

I hope you get a lot of lanyards from folks! We have 5-6 people on each cruise who get lanyards, so I think I've got enough for the next several cruises. I've managed to get 4 wristlets from each lanyard. And I've got 20 lanyards left, so hopefully that will be be good enough for at least the next three cruises. ;) We'll have to see after that!:rotfl:

One thing you might consider is checking with the DVC folks to see if they have any extra lanyards on your next cruise. Every DVC member gets several in their cabin when they board. Sometimes the DVC folks are willing to give away extra goodies if they know that you have a good purpose - I mean it is continued advertising for them after all.

Here's what mine look like. I'm making them for FE gifts. :thumbsup2

DCLKeychainwristletsforweb640x478.jpg

AWESOME...... lol... Its hard work going on a disney cruise.

How do you make these?

I'm currently working on weaving all my lanyards together to make a bag but I might have some extra at the end and would love to make some of these even for ourselves.

3princessMommy said:
I just sent you a huge THANK YOU on the hand-made thread! What a great creative idea!

I hope you get a lot of lanyards from folks! We have 5-6 people on each cruise who get lanyards, so I think I've got enough for the next several cruises. I've managed to get 4 wristlets from each lanyard. And I've got 20 lanyards left, so hopefully that will be be good enough for at least the next three cruises. ;) We'll have to see after that!:rotfl:

One thing you might consider is checking with the DVC folks to see if they have any extra lanyards on your next cruise. Every DVC member gets several in their cabin when they board. Sometimes the DVC folks are willing to give away extra goodies if they know that you have a good purpose - I mean it is continued advertising for them after all.

Thank you. I just saw that post :)

I am excited that more people are making these! I love when we can reuse things. It is even better than recycling!
I mentioned on homemade FE thread that older ones are shorter and you only get three out of those. But they look really nice and are good for any level.
I figure this project is good on several levels- it is reusing something and it is creating magic! Most people don't use their lanyards but people are using their wristlet keychains.
Plus I have a few other ideas of things I can make with these for those that might not use a wristlet keychain. :)
-pixie dust everywhere-

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

cmclaura said:
How do you make these?

I'm currently working on weaving all my lanyards together to make a bag but I might have some extra at the end and would love to make some of these even for ourselves.

I cut the lanyards into strips (12" works nice). Cut complimentary color 7/8" ribbon for back (red looks nice on several styles and I like the satin for against skin:). Ironed 7/8" heat-n-bond on back of ribbon. Then ironed ribbon on the back of the lanyard strip. Used either glue square or E6000 to hold two end together to make a loop. I added glue to add durability since the clamp latches into two outer sides. I first tried sewing and had to take a machine apart to clean because of the glue from the heat-n-bond. Don't sew if you use heat-n-bond! Clamped the hardware over the end. Tada!

I got the hardware from eBay Search key fob hardware 1 inch.

You can get the hardware and webbing (if you use this instead of ribbon) from Amazon too. I get free shipping from them, so it works out to be cheaper than eBay.

gerberdaisy1234 said:
I cut the lanyards into strips (12" works nice). Cut complimentary color 7/8" ribbon for back (red looks nice on several styles and I like the satin for against skin:). Ironed 7/8" heat-n-bond on back of ribbon. Then ironed ribbon on the back of the lanyard strip. Used either glue square or E6000 to hold two end together to make a loop. I added glue to add durability since the clamp latches into two outer sides. I first tried sewing and had to take a machine apart to clean because of the glue from the heat-n-bond. Don't sew if you use heat-n-bond! Clamped the hardware over the end. Tada!

I got the hardware from eBay Search key fob hardware 1 inch.

Do you need any special tools to attach the clamps? Thanks!

love280mickey said:
Do you need any special tools to attach the clamps? Thanks!

I just used pliers. I cover with an old t-shirt so I don't scratch metal.

Does anyone have extra lanyards they would be willing to part with?

Don't know how to ask here according to rules. I know there are trades or people selling points but no self advertising. But can you ask if anyone has any item to sell or trade, etc. ?

I LOVE these. I have 5 silver CC lanyards I will gladly send you. Could I get one keychain in return? (because I love them!)

So stinkin' cute! Great idea! Now I have a use for all of those lanyards in the closet! I knew I'd have a use eventually! lol
Thanks for the great idea!

I LOVE these. I have 5 silver CC lanyards I will gladly send you. Could I get one keychain in return? (because I love them!)

I would me my pleasure to make a couple wristlet keychains for you. I will pm you.

So stinkin' cute! Great idea! Now I have a use for all of those lanyards in the closet! I knew I'd have a use eventually! lol
Thanks for the great idea!

You are welcome. I am so excited that all those unused lanyards will now find a purpose :)

Got some platinum and DVC lanyards if you still need them.

Just PM me with your info.

Sure I would love them. I don't think anyone has offered platinum yet. I will pm you also.

Thanks a million to everyone. I hope all enjoy the wristlets that I make and send in return as a thank you. :thanks::jumping1::jumping3:

I love this! You all are so talented!

:flower3: Thanks but compared to the people on these boards I am a preschooler with a glue stick. lol This is just fun for me. I love the homemade FE thread. Now there is some talent!! I saw keychains and wanted to order the DCL sailor mouse ribbon to make them but it was suddenly no longer listed on ebay. So -bam- the idea hit me- why not use all those unused lanyards (none of us like things around our necks). Now I am so glad the ribbon was no longer available.

It is like when something happens that is disappointing and then something better comes along.

Like we were suppose to go a a 4 night cruise this September. We picked that cruise for several special reasons. Suddenly our cruise disappeared from booking. We all tried to find out what was going on. It was not official yet at the time but it looked like it was going to become a DVC members only cruise(which it did). Instead of waiting or pouting (too much:) I started researching. Turns out we were able to go on a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy last month for less than we were paying for the 4 night on the Dream. And then everything just fell into place quite miraculously. We had an amazing trip.

My niece just posted on face book "What if Cinderella made it to the ball in the pink dress? Be encouraged. When the world tears down what we build up ourselves, God is preparing us for something more wonderful than we could ever imagine or hope for."

That is so true. It may be a simple example for what many our going through but I would have never dreamed that we could go on a 7 night cruise much less only 6 weeks away. But it was the best blessing for our family after a rough year.

Sorry to go so off topic but hopefully it is to encourage someone out there :)

:flower3: Thanks but compared to the people on these boards I am a preschooler with a glue stick. lol This is just fun for me. I love the homemade FE thread. Now there is some talent!! I saw keychains and wanted to order the DCL sailor mouse ribbon to make them but it was suddenly no longer listed on ebay. So -bam- the idea hit me- why not use all those unused lanyards (none of us like things around our necks). Now I am so glad the ribbon was no longer available.

It is like when something happens that is disappointing and then something better comes along.

Like we were suppose to go a a 4 night cruise this September. We picked that cruise for several special reasons. Suddenly our cruise disappeared from booking. We all tried to find out what was going on. It was not official yet at the time but it looked like it was going to become a DVC members only cruise(which it did). Instead of waiting or pouting (too much:) I started researching. Turns out we were able to go on a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy last month for less than we were paying for the 4 night on the Dream. And then everything just fell into place quite miraculously. We had an amazing trip.

My niece just posted on face book "What if Cinderella made it to the ball in the pink dress? Be encouraged. When the world tears down what we build up ourselves, God is preparing us for something more wonderful than we could ever imagine or hope for."

That is so true. It may be a simple example for what many our going through but I would have never dreamed that we could go on a 7 night cruise much less only 6 weeks away. But it was the best blessing for our family after a rough year.

Sorry to go so off topic but hopefully it is to encourage someone out there :)

I just pm -ed you a response before reading this! Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Looks like I've got a new craft! As a PP said about being a preschooler with a glue stick..,I'm the same way! Would someone be willing to PM me step by step directions. I think I might add these to our FE gifts for our next cruise . Thanks!!

I don't have a sewing machine so I'll have to go with heat bond and glue I guess.

hamm1207 said:
Looks like I've got a new craft! As a PP said about being a preschooler with a glue stick..,I'm the same way! Would someone be willing to PM me step by step directions. I think I might add these to our FE gifts for our next cruise . Thanks!!

I don't have a sewing machine so I'll have to go with heat bond and glue I guess.

-Cut the lanyards into strips (12 inches works nice).
-Cut 7/8 inch satin ribbon for the back. Red looks nice with most designs of lanyards (however I used silver on the back of most silver and platinum lanyards). You can use webbing but since the lanyards are so strong it isn't necessary. It would be a personal preference. I like the feel of ribbon on skin.
-Iron 7/8 inch Heat-n-Bond on back of the ribbon.
-Peel the paper off and iron ribbon onto the lanyard.
-Make a loop. I like to do this while it is still warm, rubbing the top of loop to make sure it stays "bonded" at the curve. I added a glue square or E6000 to give ends for added security since clamp hooks the outsides of lanyard.
-Squeeze metal clamp closed with pliers but with an old towel or t-shirt to protect the metal.
-Put to key ring on the clamp loop.

You now have an amazing keychain and given a lanyard a new purpose in life :)

You will want to order 1 inch key fob hardware from ebay or amazon. Ribbon and Heat-n-bond from fabric or craft store. Also at fabric/craft store pick up adhesive squares.

Make sure you don't sew with Heat-n-Bond. I made that mistake. I had to take everything apart to clean glue off parts. I also tried just sewing first and didn't like the how there was a "gap" between two surfaces of ribbon and lanyard.

These are the steps that I followed. A more experienced crafter might be able to clean up the directions or add more tips. :)

Enjoy:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter