Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

I just wish they would tell us dates in December! My patience is running thin. I don't want to travel during actual Christmas week, but I'd love to enjoy the tower when it opens. I can't see how they do all the interior and finish the pool, etc by December. However, I am not in construction.

Does this seem the regular pace of finishing one of their hotels? Seems like a lot of work to do in 6 months. Just look at a refurb at BW - they are still going.

Makes a lot of sense to me. If you’re only purchasing a small number of points, the delta between direct and resale will be smaller in any event. May be a lot longer before contracts under 75 return back into the $150 range resale….but also, I didn’t think you could do MB with less than 100 points? 🤔

Yeah, I have a 100 pt resale contract at PVB too though. So I could sell it and end up with a smaller collection of all direct points.

We'll see how it all plays out.

I just wish they would tell us dates in December! My patience is running thin. I don't want to travel during actual Christmas week, but I'd love to enjoy the tower when it opens. I can't see how they do all the interior and finish the pool, etc by December. However, I am not in construction.

Does this seem the regular pace of finishing one of their hotels? Seems like a lot of work to do in 6 months. Just look at a refurb at BW - they are still going.

With respect to refurbs, they have to demo the rooms, fix any damage caused but water etc and then install finishes. It’s a longer process.

In new construction it’s simply interior finishes. It’s an aggressive timeline but I can see it being done on time. Once the building is “dried in” they can start working exterior and interior portions in parallel so things can progress much quicker.

I think this is ideal, as there's going to be quite a few use years that will be paying the same price but getting less useable years. However, it's never stopped them before.

You also run into a problem with Magical Beginnings, which they've used as a way to mitigate their high price per point. Are people really going to purchase a contract that you wouldn't get points on for almost two years?

I dunno.

Well, you do pay fewer dues if your UY is later. I paid fued for my June UY for date of opening and only one month for my Dec UY

Last edited:
Just wait until they announce the rumored Adventureland resort with a direct entrance into the park with an explorers and adventurers theme. Not only is it going to bear more than a passing resemblance to Poly, it will also make Poly the 4th closest resort to MK and the only one of those 4 without a reasonable walk.
Lol was this a joke or is this actually rumored?

Didn’t they open DLT and BPK unfinished and/or doing finishing touches right on opening day? I can see it opening with some unfinished sections.

There's a huge expansion pad for Adventureland back there too.

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Fire_Mountain
I can’t believe they haven’t done any e-ticket rides inspired by Moana, especially as there’s been a path for it in the rumor mill for years. I can’t be the only one who thinks having a small interactive water experience for Moana, just isn’t enough? I really enjoy Journey of Water but there’s so much potential with the Moana IP, it feels a bit wasted. Maybe I’m biased since Moana is my favorite modern Disney movie but I still think there’s so much fun potential from this one IP, an e-ticket for sure. An Adventureland Hotel would be incredible but, the idea of a Te Ka mountain ride is right up there for me… is there space for both?

Last edited:
I can’t believe they haven’t done any e-ticket rides inspired by Moana, especially as there’s been a path for it in the rumor mill for years. I can’t be the only one who thinks having a small interactive water experience for Moana, just isn’t enough? I really enjoy Journey of Water but there’s so much potential with the Moana IP, it feels a bit wasted. Maybe I’m biased since Moana is my favorite modern Disney movie but I still there’s so much fun potential form this one IP, an e-ticket for sure. An Adventureland Hotel would be incredible but, the idea of a Te Ka mountain ride is right up there for me… is there space for both?
I agree! The movie is still extremely popular, #1 streamed movie in 2023. And a sequel upcoming. No doubt they will build a banger Moana ride in Tokyo or Hong Kong or some other place I'll never be able to go 🙄

I’m extremely curious to see what Disney does here— if there are no points until 2025, I think they’d be smarter to sell points at RIV pricing but with a point chart that demands an extremely high point sacrifice for premium view rooms— they can say “2BD Villa, starting at only 44 points a night”— without emphasizing that almost half the year starts over 60 a night for standard view and that TPV could have a 20-50% premium.
Yes, I think this is where things are likely to be - at least 3 view types, limited standard views, and a deceptive chart that makes it look more reasonable than it is.... To get a standard view I think you will essentially need to be an owner.

Didn’t they open DLT and BPK unfinished and/or doing finishing touches right on opening day? I can see it opening with some unfinished sections.
Yes, the Disneyland Tower's restaurant and bar weren't open until 6 weeks after the Grand Opening. The new hot tubs weren't working for 4+ months. Some of the exteriors weren't done for at least a few weeks. Many of the items in the rooms weren't fully available on Day 1. Like your room might be missing a coffee machine or a microwave. I heard people called and were able to get these items in their rooms if they weren't there.

There is a fair chunk of land back there and they are rerouting Floridian Way to the point of making me wonder what is going on. Something is in the works.
They're moving the entrance for car traffic at the Polynesian. Maybe they're doing something similar to the Grand Floridian? Maybe increasing the size of the parking lots for both areas or adding buildings to the Grand Floridian?

Last edited:
Yes, the Disneyland Tower's restaurant and bar weren't open until 6 weeks after the Grand Opening. The new hot tubs weren't working for 4+ months. Some of the exteriors weren't done for at least a few weeks. Many of the items in the rooms weren't fully available on Day 1. Like your room might be missing a coffee machine or a microwave. I heard people called and were able to get these items in their rooms if they weren't there.
Heck at Riviera they hadn’t even bolted all the beds to the walls yet.

facebook twitter