Is TRON at MK Pooh-Sized Friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak to the bike limitations, but if you don't fit on the bikes, there is a car with regular seating and individual lap bars at the back of some trains. You can use this if you can't fit on the bikes.

Here's a sample picture from Hong Kong Disneyland, but the vehicle for MK's TRON is similar.

Tron handicapped seat.jpg

This article from Blog Mickey has multiple pictures of the accessible car at MK's TRON during testing. Not as easy to see the seats, but it looks like the same design as the one from HKD.

It's smaller/more restrictive than Flight of Passage, allegedly. I saw that someone on Twitter said if you are larger than a woman's size 14, you won't fit.

Not every train has the special seats. The wait for them will be long.
Is it more restrictive than the Mario Kart ride in Universal Hollywood + Japan? I've seen a lot of conversation about those seats being very restrictive, especially since it's not a thrill ride.

Until there's a report from someone that goes on it I am HIGHLY skeptical of any reports that Disney doesn't know their audience.

These reports are from people who have gone on it. This is coming from the CM previews that started today.

I'm sure it's going to vary by body type though. Saying "women's size 14" can mean a lot of things as not all 14s are the same shape. I have big hips but very thin calves so I would imagine the leg restraint thing wouldn't be an issue (for example).

Great, I’m afraid that since even more plus size people in addition to the disabled need to use that seat, the wait times for the modif seats will be longer than the regular seats.

These reports are from people who have gone on it. This is coming from the CM previews that started today.
Yeah, I was reading what people have been saying all day and it scares me. They say it’s worse than Avatar’s seating system.
Does Tron have any large drops or loops where you go upside down?
A good rule of thumb to remember if a roller coaster goes upside down is if the ride vehicles have over the head restraints. That would mean it very likely goes upside down.

I watched a video of some people with the test seats that look to be about my size and they seem fine. I am hopeful but after my Universal experience in 2014 I don't take anything for granted.

Also didn't that modify FoP a bit after the initial opening to make it more comfortable? Because I swear it was a lot more comfortable in the years since it opened riding it.

I’ve heard the bikes aren’t friendly for Pooh sized guests or guests of a significant height and it was a 30+ minute additional wait at cm previews for the non bike accessible seat I’d imagine this multiplying substantially when the ride goes public

Also the accessibility cars for fuller/taller/mobility challenged are only on two of the trains so if there are technical issues with one or both the cars the extra wait could be longer or you could easily get turned away

Just to give everyone updates, I’m in a WDW ******* server and someone rode today and gave their side of the story. They wear a size 14 to 16 and have 18 inch calves and said they fit fine, so that seems a bit more leaniant than everyone else is saying.

I just watched a video on YouTube from the cast preview and the creator didn't fit on the light cycle. He said there were quite a few people who were having issues. He said that for him the issue was calf size and that the restraints couldn't lock. He rode in the regular seat and said it was still great and enjoyed it.

I just watched a video on YouTube from the cast preview and the creator didn't fit on the light cycle. He said there were quite a few people who were having issues. He said that for him the issue was calf size and that the restraints couldn't lock. He rode in the regular seat and said it was still great and enjoyed it.
Can you send the video, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter