Is this what we have to look forward to?

Congrats!

Side comment regarding: "The website only showed availability for one of the nights, but MS was able to find availability for additional nights. "
MS is not suppose to be able see more availability than we do on the website. I would guess it was just an availability that popped up at that moment.
Unless MS pulled inventory from cash side? Seem very unlikely for a resale first stay...

They do have the ability to pull back any rooms that were sent for cash as part of breakage

Since this was within 30 days, I’d say it’s likely that could be part of it.

They do have the ability to pull back any rooms that were sent for cash as part of breakage

Since this was within 30 days, I’d say it’s likely that could be part of it.

Usually I only hear MS doing that for a new direct owner's welcome home stay.
Good to hear that MS is possibly willing to add that pixie dust for a resale owner's first stay. :D

Good to hear that MS is possibly willing to add that pixie dust for a resale owner's first stay. :D
For within 30 days they will do that for any member. Getting the unit filled is the goal.

Disney is not transparent on how they use their points to book cash reservations.
IF (big IF, this is pure speculation) they take out of the reservation system a room for a certain date using their points before they have someone interested in booking it and put it aside, then if the room is unsold they're losing money. This might be why sometimes a member trying to book something on short notice might get a room back from CRO, Disney gets the points back and they can use them to put aside something else.

So the takeaway seem to be if you are trying to book within 30 days, you should always call MS, who might be able to see the Disney owned point inventory as well.

Learn something new everyday :P

The inventory they take for new buyers is usually rooms they have secured with their own points or from developer inventory such as unsold RIV.

So this is not the same as what they do for new direct buyers. This is normal breakage that they can do this for any owner if they want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter