Is this too much?

cwnhokie

DIS Veteran
It will be me, DH, DS8, DS6, and DSalmost 2. We will be arriving at 9:00AM staying at AKV for two nights, then moving offsite to a timeshare for a week and joining the rest of DH's family. Sister, BIL, Grandma, Granddaddy, and 5 cousins.

I'm thinking about doing the deluxe dining plan for the two nights we are onsite and stretching it to cover the three full days. My plan is to go to parks early eat lunch, go back to AKV to swim and rest then back to the park for late dinner and EMH.

Wed Arrive MCO 9AM
HS
Lunch H&V around 12:30?
Dinner Ohana 8:10

Thursday EPCOT
Lunch LeCellier 12:25
Dinner Garden Grill? 7:30

Friday MK
Breakfast Kona 11:00 Move to offsite
Dinner WCC 7:05 with the whole family

Saturday
Dinner Chef Mickeys 8:00
Monday
Breakfast 1900
Wednesday
Breakfast CP

I'm worried if we are going to spend too much time traveling from place to place

I might have this wrong but wouldn't your dining credits have to be used up before the end of Friday? You're only staying on-site for 2 nights (Wed and Thurs nights) and checking out on Friday. You won't be able to use DP credits on Saturday. I think, anyways. :confused3

Correct. We will be using dining credits for Wed, Thursday, Friday. The other meals will be OOP when the rest of the family arrives. I should probably also say that we are going in July.

The other option is doing the regular dining plan and spreading the dining out for the whole week and just paying OOP for more of the meals.

Yup, Dining credits are only good up until the end of the day you check out, so i hope you have that figured in your plans.

Personally, I don't do more than one TS meal per day, because each one eats up 1.5 plus travel time. So if you are having two TS meals in a day, that's 4-5 hours spent focused on eating.

But, if that's what you like, it doesn't seem like you are excessive with your plans.

SkierPete

I think your plan is a great idea on the deluxe. I think the Deluxe plan is good, when you dont stay for an entire week, and you plan on spending the majority of your check out day at Disney. We always go to a park in the AM, come back after lunch, swim, nap relax, then head back out to the parks in the evening. We dont feel like we are missing out on park time, becuase we love pool time. We are going to be staying at Kidani.

The only thing I might suggest, is eating at Boma on your check out day since you are there for breakfast, unless you are trying to avoid lunch time. My boys like to eat as early as possible. They are 2 and 5. Or make Kona a lunch, since they have great desserts..

I think your plan is a great idea on the deluxe. I think the Deluxe plan is good, when you dont stay for an entire week, and you plan on spending the majority of your check out day at Disney. We always go to a park in the AM, come back after lunch, swim, nap relax, then head back out to the parks in the evening. We dont feel like we are missing out on park time, becuase we love pool time. We are going to be staying at Kidani.

The only thing I might suggest, is eating at Boma on your check out day since you are there for breakfast, unless you are trying to avoid lunch time. My boys like to eat as early as possible. They are 2 and 5. Or make Kona a lunch, since they have great desserts..

So do you think we will have time to swim, nap relax with these reservation times?
We want to try Kona for breakfast because I want to try the Tonga toast I've been hearing so much about.

It will be me, DH, DS8, DS6, and DSalmost 2. We will be arriving at 9:00AM staying at AKV for two nights, then moving offsite to a timeshare for a week and joining the rest of DH's family. Sister, BIL, Grandma, Granddaddy, and 5 cousins.

I'm thinking about doing the deluxe dining plan for the two nights we are onsite and stretching it to cover the three full days. My plan is to go to parks early eat lunch, go back to AKV to swim and rest then back to the park for late dinner and EMH.

Wed Arrive MCO 9AM
HS
Lunch H&V around 12:30?
Dinner Ohana 8:10

Thursday EPCOT
Lunch LeCellier 12:25
Dinner Garden Grill? 7:30

Friday MK
Breakfast Kona 11:00 Move to offsite
Dinner WCC 7:05 with the whole family

Saturday
Dinner Chef Mickeys 8:00
Monday
Breakfast 1900
Wednesday
Breakfast CP

I'm worried if we are going to spend too much time traveling from place to place

The only thing I wonder is, if arriving at MCO at 9:00....will you have time to be at H&V by 12:30 for your reservation? MCO 9:00 ---> off plane 9:15 ---> baggage 9:30-9:45 ----> rental car pickup and exit by 10:15 ---> Main gate around 10:45-10:55 ---> AK check-in 11:00 ---> up to room 11:15....and you're off to take disney transportation or your car over to studios....is that enoguh time, especially if something might go wrong and tie you up, like traffic?

I haven't actually made the H&V reservation yet, because I've been trying to figure out how long it would take to get over there.

I haven't actually made the H&V reservation yet, because I've been trying to figure out how long it would take to get over there.

If you're doing Magic Express - plan 1.5 hours from point of touch-down of plane until you're at AK.....because you have to get off the plane, get to ME and then wait until ME is ready to roll....then it's about 30-40 minutes to AK from that point. If you're one of the last on ME and it leaves quickly, you'll be at AK much faster than if you arrive at ME and you're the first getting on the bus!

If you're picking up a rental car -- time to get bags, then get over to car rental, wait in line (or go to aisle/car) to pick up, exit and drive, 30-40 minutes to AK from teh airport with no traffic.

If you're taking the shuttle over - time to pick up bags, get to bus stop, get bags on....wait until they're ready to leave and then, depending on stops they need to make along the way (if any) it could take an hour to 1.5 hours to get to AK.

Once there and checked in.....disney transportation from AK to H&V....I'd say give it at least an hour. Driving yourself in your own car - at least 45-minutes to get kids in car, drive, park and get everyone out and to the park entrance.

I think you will have time to swim and rest with eating lunch at 1230. Estimate hopefully an hour for eating, then heading back to your resort after that. Swim for a bit, then go back to the room and rest, shower, then head back out. Maybe the 2 Yr old heads in from swimming earlier than the rest with you or your husband. My 2 Yr old most likely will not swim for more than 1-1.5 hours. Or atleast, that is the most we can handle with him. My 5 Yr old is much better at being out longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!