Is this non-park day doable?

StarrySkye21

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I am trying to come up with a fun little exploring plan for the day dd (11) and I fly back home. We are staying at ASMusic and will need to be back at the resort to catch the ME to the airport by 2. We will have no park passes that day so I need to make sure that this is doable without needing to get inside of a park:

1. After breakfast take bus to HS.
2. Get on Skyliner and take it over to Epcot.
3. At Epcot, take the ferry over to Boardwalk for lunch/shopping.
4. Walk over and play a round of Fantasia mini-golf (time permitting)
5. Go back to Boardwalk and take the ferry back to HS.
6. Take the bus at HS back to ASMusic.

thanks!

Hi all, I am trying to come up with a fun little exploring plan for the day dd (11) and I fly back home. We are staying at ASMusic and will need to be back at the resort to catch the ME to the airport by 2. We will have no park passes that day so I need to make sure that this is doable without needing to get inside of a park:

thanks!

Yes, that would work, although there is no reason to take the boat to Boardwalk, since it's such an easy (and pretty) stroll. (I do understand wanting to do it as part of the adventure, though!)

And Skip #5. You can easily walk from Fantasia to HS for the bus. If you do want to ride the boat again, do it from the Swan/Dolphin dock, not back at Boardwalk.

I'm guessing you really want to ride the Skyliner as part of your adventure. Otherwise, it would be simpler to just walk or take the boat from HS to BW. But I get it if you really want to try out the Skyliner. It really is a fun, relaxing way to travel.

Also, I agree with the previous poster. It's much faster to just walk from EP to the BW if you do end up going the Skyliner route. It's a very short walk.

I'm guessing you really want to ride the Skyliner as part of your adventure. Otherwise, it would be simpler to just walk or take the boat from HS to BW. But I get it if you really want to try out the Skyliner. It really is a fun, relaxing way to travel.

Also, I agree with the previous poster. It's much faster to just walk from EP to the BW if you do end up going the Skyliner route. It's a very short walk.

Yes, the idea of the skyliner and ferry are more for the enjoyment of my 11yr old than efficiency. Squeezing a couple more “rides” out of our adventure. :-)

Thanks guys!

Yes, that is all very doable! Always know too you can Uber/Lyft if you get short on time. My only recommendation is not to take a bus from Swan/Dolphin, they seem to run less often. And it's all very walkable if you wanted to head back to Epcot to take the Skyliner back to HS as well!

thanks!

You can make it work. As others have said, you will save some time by walking to the Boardwalk (it's about 5 minutes or less) and then taking the boat back to DHS from Swan/Dolphin (it's closest to Fantasia). I would also recommend booking an advanced tee time at Fantasia so you don't encounter a wait when you arrive to play mini-golf. If you find you don't have time for mini-golf, you could also rent a swan boat near the playground at Swan/Dolphin which is kind of fun.

thanks!
It all looks very doable.
Agree with others about the ferry. Unless you just want to ride the boats. From EPCOT to Boardwalk is a very short walk and very nice.
The walk from Boardwalk to HS is another nice walk along the canal. It takes us about 10-15 minutes depending how fast we are walking.

The only flaw that I can see in your plan is the CBR -> Epcot Skyliner line. It opened one hour before Epcot opening back in May (started running at 10 AM). If you're going after Oct. 1, onsite guests will be able to get in 30 minutes early, so the Skyliner could begin transporting guests 1.5 hours before official park opening.

If it turns out that you can't board the Epcot line, take the ferry to BWI and use the Skyliner for your return to HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter