Is this fake, is this a rumor?

Interesting that they named releases through 2026 and no mention of Snow White. That is one heck of a "delay".
It is set for March 21, 2025.

I don't expect it to do that well but let's not act like Disney was the only studio to delay movies a year due to the strike. Every studio delayed movies months to years because of the strikes, even if the movie was already completed. This is why 2024 is light for most studios and why there is a lot of concern for movie theaters on top of the already deteriorating ticket sales that was happening prior to the pandemic.

Snow White is currently slated for March 21, 2025 on Disney’s film release schedule. From a slide from the Q2 FY24 earnings information:

View attachment 862632

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/app/uploads/2024/05/Q2_FY24_Earnings_Presentation.pdf

If that is the case, then it is the case. I stand corrected. The website where I saw this did not reflect Snow White. But, I still stand on what has been said. The backlash spoke loudly to Disney. Iger isn't stupid.

Elio was also supposed to release early March 2024 with Snow White releasing later that month. Elio has since been delayed to June 2025 even after having a trailer released (Snow White did not have a trailer release at any point prior to the delay announcement).

Elio was also supposed to release early March 2024 with Snow White releasing later that month. Elio has since been delayed to June 2025 even after having a trailer released (Snow White did not have a trailer release at any point prior to the delay announcement).
The whole calendar got shuffled! Both Deadpool 3 and Mufasa got moved back, not to mention Moana, the rest of the Avatar series, the next group of MCU movies, and some random unnamed Star Wars movies.

The whole calendar got shuffled! Both Deadpool 3 and Mufasa got moved back, not to mention Moana, the rest of the Avatar series, the next group of MCU movies, and some random unnamed Star Wars movies.
Correct, and The First Omen that was released last month wasn’t even originally planned to be a theatrical release but they made it one to fill the schedule after moving all those movies around.

I don't expect it to do that well but let's not act like Disney was the only studio to delay movies a year due to the strike. Every studio delayed movies months to years because of the strikes, even if the movie was already completed. This is why 2024 is light for most studios and why there is a lot of concern for movie theaters on top of the already deteriorating ticket sales that was happening prior to the pandemic.
You put it nicely in your first sentence. The movie will crash and burn. It's D.O.A. and Disney knows it. They are delaying the inevitable. There have been different reasons for studios pulling movies and setting back their release dates. However, Snow White's reason is obvious. I've read that the movie will need to make north of $400 million to break even. I'm not sure how this delay plays a part in that estimate though. The Little Mermaid just barely got past the break even point (depending on what figures you use), but I'll give it credit for at least not being a huge financial failure. It was definitely not the payday that Disney projected.

The Little Mermaid just barely got past the break even point (depending on what figures you use), but I'll give it credit for at least not being a huge financial failure. It was definitely not the payday that Disney projected.
This isn’t bad. It’s a good movie that got its money back, still has earning potential and brand enthusiasm potential.

For what it's worth, the Daily wire posted a tiktok yesterday about this topic. 800k views.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZIJnsWxug/
Outrage merchants have to keep the clicks going and a whole host of people will just go along because they want to outraged by something Disney is doing even though the reality is they aren't doing anything. But it's easier just to accept the outrage because it reinforces your existing bias towards Disney and the dreaded "woke".

Right, but still pulled before it was originally supposed to be release......and my point still stands. Let's not split hairs. :)

A lot of these delays had to do with the wga/sag strikes last year and not being able to do post production/promote….this is why McDonalds had happy meal toys for Elio in international markets and Target had Snow White merchandise earlier this year and McDonald’s has captain America brave new world toys when it’s not out till next year

This isn’t bad. It’s a good movie that got its money back, still has earning potential and brand enthusiasm potential.
The goal of a movie is not to break even. Especially a movie released on Memorial Day weekend (Summer blockbuster billing). In terms of movie releases in 2023, this was probably #2 on the Disney hype list. Behind Guardians 3, which was one of the few blockbuster movies to actually turn a profit in 2023.

Earning potential? The original was not a disaster, but not a success either. How much stomach will there be for a sequel? Brand enthusiasm? For Disney or for the Little Mermaid? I would say that there is not a ton of brand enthusiasm for Disney live-actions right now.

I'm DVC and I have Annual Passes. There is no anti-Disney bias here. However, I have to be honest. Disney's wounds are self-inflicted. They have taken movie franchises that they could have printed money with and turned most of them into losers.

Tinkerbell in the parks is not exactly the same character she was in Peter Pan from the 50s or the play.

If a character is giving me body issues in the park it is more likely a princess.

And they also give me unrealistic expectations about hair.
And I have been trying for months for forest animals to clean my room... no success yet!
Right? I keep trying to make friends with the squirrels and birds in my back yard. I feed them everyday and they have yet to so much as clean a darn window for me! :P

The goal of a movie is not to break even. Especially a movie released on Memorial Day weekend (Summer blockbuster billing). In terms of movie releases in 2023, this was probably #2 on the Disney hype list. Behind Guardians 3, which was one of the few blockbuster movies to actually turn a profit in 2023.

Earning potential? The original was not a disaster, but not a success either. How much stomach will there be for a sequel? Brand enthusiasm? For Disney or for the Little Mermaid? I would say that there is not a ton of brand enthusiasm for Disney live-actions right now.

I'm DVC and I have Annual Passes. There is no anti-Disney bias here. However, I have to be honest. Disney's wounds are self-inflicted. They have taken movie franchises that they could have printed money with and turned most of them into losers.
Well said. These are my feelings too. I want to see Disney succeed as a family entertainment company but they keep shooting themselves in the foot by making these creatively bankrupt sequels and remakes that nobody asks for.

Well said. These are my feelings too. I want to see Disney succeed as a family entertainment company but they keep shooting themselves in the foot by making these creatively bankrupt sequels and remakes that nobody asks for.
Lion King: 1.66 billion
Beauty and the Beast: 1.26 billion
Jungle Book: 966 million
Aladdin: 1.05 billion
Alice in Wonderland: 1.03 billion
Maleficent: 758 million
Oz: 493 million
Little Mermaid: 569 million

People have claimed that there's no point to these remakes and reimaginings for a decade and then they go ahead and make a lot of money. They're not shooting themselves in the foot, they're responding to demand. They'll stop when they're no longer making money with these.

Lion King: 1.66 billion
Beauty and the Beast: 1.26 billion
Jungle Book: 966 million
Aladdin: 1.05 billion
Alice in Wonderland: 1.03 billion
Maleficent: 758 million
Oz: 493 million
Little Mermaid: 569 million

People have claimed that there's no point to these remakes and reimaginings for a decade and then they go ahead and make a lot of money. They're not shooting themselves in the foot, they're responding to demand. They'll stop when they're no longer making money with these.

Yup. And while a few of them haven't done well - mostly the ones that deviate more from the originals (i.e. the GOOD ones! 😁) - generally they ahve been good for business. Despite the whining, these are what people go out and see. Original movies have been failing right and left, so Hollywood will continue to give us endless sequels and remakes until we stop paying to see them.

Yup. And while a few of them haven't done well - mostly the ones that deviate more from the originals (i.e. the GOOD ones! 😁) - generally they ahve been good for business. Despite the whining, these are what people go out and see. Original movies have been failing right and left, so Hollywood will continue to give us endless sequels and remakes until we stop paying to see them.
Well, judging by box office numbers alone the laziest and crappiest remake Disney has done made the most money.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter