Is there anything you hate about DVC?

Dean Marino

DIS Veteran
Exactly ONE thing - which we have avoided....

"Book anywhere" is a total myth. BUY where you want to STAY, book HOME at 11 months. The rest is a 7 month crap shoot.

We always book our HOME resort, at 11 months. Unless you OWN there? You can not.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

snappy

Survivor
It’s expensive. But worth it for us. We brought our kids and our youngest and her friends for years and stayed in 2 bedrooms. Now we are empty nesters, we stay in studios a lot. Best of both worlds.

crisi

DIS Veteran
I believe they are actually more expensive, not cheaper.
It depends on what you are comparing it to. A room at BCV is cheaper, even with TVM than a room at the Beach Club. But if you just want a room on property, value resorts are cheaper....and off-site is cheaper yet. Add in risk and the way DVC tends to change your Disney experience, and it's pretty easy for DVC to be ALOT more expensive than a regular room, while convincing you you have a bargain.

• snappy

Survivor
    It depends on what you are comparing it to. A room at BCV is cheaper, even with TVM than a room at the Beach Club. But if you just want a room on property, value resorts are cheaper....and off-site is cheaper yet. Add in risk and the way DVC tends to change your Disney experience, and it's pretty easy for DVC to be ALOT more expensive than a regular room, while convincing you you have a bargain.
    Funny how that works. Disney math?

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
    True, but I thought it was obvious that I was comparing apples to apples, not Disney deluxe resort to the Days Inn.

crisi

DIS Veteran
    True, but I thought it was obvious that I was comparing apples to apples, not Disney deluxe resort to the Days Inn.
    I don't think you can compare apples to apples. A DVC room isn't a room at the BC. There is no daily housekeeping included. Cancellation policies are different. Check in and check out are different. You don't get two real beds. Any comparison between DVC and any other unit is apples to kumquats or bananas or oranges - and even a cash DVC booking compared to a points DVC booking is a Red Delicious to a Granny Smith.

SpaceMountain77

Kidani Villager Victorian Gentleman Turtle Trekker
    In 2012, when I became a member, AKV was selling for $125 per point and OKW was selling for $100 per point for contracts through 2057. At the time, I opted for theme over points. In hindsight, I wish that I had opted for points because it would have yielded an additional 2 - 3 nights in a studio per year.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS