Is there another way you ride bike to Wilderness Lodge

tinkerdorabelle

DIS Veteran
Is there another way to ride bikes to Wilderness Lodge, would this be allowed now if we wanted to go over to Geyser Point to eat? I know the bike path was closed with construction. I don't mind a short ride on the road if allowed or not too difficult. Not sure Wilderness Lodge allows u to just bike in now but if it did was wondering if others are doing it.

No. All the signs tell you no guests down the road.

Oh and the bike path wasn't just closed - it was torn up and utilities buried underneath it. So it isn't even there to sneak onto.

Bama Ed

Is there another way to ride bikes to Wilderness Lodge

As Bama_Ed said, no. It's definitely not safe to ride on the main roads and in addition to that, you aren't allowed to enter a resort from the main entrance without a dining reservation at this time. The only way you can enter a resort that you don't have a dining or resort reservation at is via Disney tranportation. The Yellow Line bus from Fort Wilderness that departs from the Settlement bus depot is a quick 5 minute ride and usually only has one or two parties on it. We've used it several times with no issues.

I know someone who took their golf cart out onto the road to get a picture of the Fort Wilderness sign. He got a severe talking to by the gate guard so like the others have said, pretty sure a bike would be a no-go.

I know someone who took their golf cart out onto the road to get a picture of the Fort Wilderness sign. He got a severe talking to by the gate guard so like the others have said, pretty sure a bike would be a no-go.

Bikes are OK on Disney roads but Golf Carts are often NOT ROAD APPROVED so ILLEGAL.

Bikes are OK on Disney roads but Golf Carts are often NOT ROAD APPROVED so ILLEGAL.

That true, bikes are okay, but when there is a sign (or if there is still one) that says "No guests beyond this point", then they're not.

Even before the Will-Not-Say-Its-Name construction down around the old Tri-Circle-D Horse Barn, the exercise/walking trail/path was the only route for guests to use (even for bikes - we did it often with the kids). But the path is, as we said, impassable.

So it leaves only the bus.

Bama Ed

I used to be a long distance cyclist and took my bike everywhere, including the Fort. I have rode many miles out Vista Blvd, down World Dr. and out on Floridian Way. I am VERY comfortable riding in traffic, but anymore, I don't know if I would chance it. Not sure what has changed, but traffic, particularly on Vista (that runs in front of the Fort) is scary.

j

With the DVC at The Fort being on hold/cancelled... do you think they'll eventually refinish the pathway from The Fort to Wilderness Lodge?

I used to be a long distance cyclist and took my bike everywhere, including the Fort. I have rode many miles out Vista Blvd, down World Dr. and out on Floridian Way. I am VERY comfortable riding in traffic, but anymore, I don't know if I would chance it. Not sure what has changed, but traffic, particularly on Vista (that runs in front of the Fort) is scary.

j

r.e. bold >>> Hope there's nothing serious preventing the enjoyment of hours on the saddle just bicycling for enjoyment.

With the DVC at The Fort being on hold/cancelled... do you think they'll eventually refinish the pathway from The Fort to Wilderness Lodge?

It depends, morrik5, on whether or not they plan to resume building SOMETHING there behind Trails End soon or not. And whether that something will need more buried utilities that they put under the pathway.

If all the utilities (power, water, gas, communications) have already been placed that the SOMETHING would ever need, sure.

But you and me don't know the answers to these questions.

If there is no plan to resume building something there in the near future, then I sure hope they do. A little bit of gravel and asphalt is relatively cheap.

Bama Ed

r.e. bold >>> Hope there's nothing serious preventing the enjoyment of hours on the saddle just bicycling for enjoyment.
Just old age and bad hips. I used to say fat and old, but I lost about 50 lbs to hold off hip replacements a little longer.

I did bring my bike camping this weekend though.

j

................................If there is no plan to resume building something there in the near future, then I sure hope they do. A little bit of gravel and asphalt is relatively cheap.

Bama Ed

DW and I had our kids get us a PAVER at MK for $$$ ???, so if WDW comes out with a >>> say $$$ will get 5 feet of pavement with name on it for a trail to WL, I'll kick in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter