Is there an easier way to do this and I'm not seeing it?

Paradise18

DIS Veteran
On our recent trip DH and I booked 2 rooms for our Aug/13 trip under the Free Dining BounceBack. On one room, DH is the lead name (with DS, DD and DMiL also listed as guests). I am the lead name on the other room (with DSiL, her husband and 2 kids as the other guests). We are staying at POR so we could have 5 people in a room. I plan to be in the room with my family and DMiL will actually be staying in the room with DSiLs family. We will not be eating all of our meals together and I want to figure out the easiest way for me and DMiL to use our meal/snack credits without a big mess.
I am under the understanding I cannot change the names around for the reservations (ie. make DSiL the lead on their room and then put DMiL in that room and move my name to DHs reservation) or we would lose the free dining promo.
Can DMiL and I switch tickets (not looking to do anything against Disney rules)?
Sorry this is long winded, I am just trying to avoid a headache and a lot of trips to guest services for printouts of dining entitlements everyday to reconcile things. Thanks.

On our recent trip DH and I booked 2 rooms for our Aug/13 trip under the Free Dining BounceBack. On one room, DH is the lead name (with DS, DD and DMiL also listed as guests). I am the lead name on the other room (with DSiL, her husband and 2 kids as the other guests). We are staying at POR so we could have 5 people in a room. I plan to be in the room with my family and DMiL will actually be staying in the room with DSiLs family. We will not be eating all of our meals together and I want to figure out the easiest way for me and DMiL to use our meal/snack credits without a big mess.
I am under the understanding I cannot change the names around for the reservations (ie. make DSiL the lead on their room and then put DMiL in that room and move my name to DHs reservation) or we would lose the free dining promo.
Can DMiL and I switch tickets (not looking to do anything against Disney rules)?
Sorry this is long winded, I am just trying to avoid a headache and a lot of trips to guest services for printouts of dining entitlements everyday to reconcile things. Thanks.

A couple of easy ways. Credits are pooled for each room so as long as you're with someone from your family (Ex. DH) and DMiL is with someone from the other room (DSiL or someone else) there's no need for any change.

You could also switch DMiL with one of the other guests from the other room (one of the kids?). She would have access to that room's credits then but the other guest wouldn't.

Either way, there's also the issue of everyone having a room key to the correct room but that's fairly easy to work around.

For tix, you could just switch KTTW cards (tix, room key, etc.). Nothing against the rules there as long as you do it before you first use of the tix. Only potential issue there is if there's issue with the ticket and they ask for ID the name on the card wouldn't match your ID. Not likely to be a problem though.

Lastly, you could have the tix, separated from your KTTW cards. Downside of this would be you'd have an extra thing you could lose track of.

I hope this helps! :)

A couple of easy ways. Credits are pooled for each room so as long as you're with someone from your family (Ex. DH) and DMiL is with someone from the other room (DSiL or someone else) there's no need for any change.

You could also switch DMiL with one of the other guests from the other room (one of the kids?). She would have access to that room's credits then but the other guest wouldn't.

Either way, there's also the issue of everyone having a room key to the correct room but that's fairly easy to work around.

For tix, you could just switch KTTW cards (tix, room key, etc.). Nothing against the rules there as long as you do it before you first use of the tix. Only potential issue there is if there's issue with the ticket and they ask for ID the name on the card wouldn't match your ID. Not likely to be a problem though.

Lastly, you could have the tix, separated from your KTTW cards. Downside of this would be you'd have an extra thing you could lose track of.

I hope this helps! :)

Thanks. I never thought about having the park tix separated from the KTTW cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter