Is there a hot pot restaurant inside Disney Springs?

Wow. The number of posters on here basically saying “well *I* have never heard of hot pot, so you must be thinking of something else, or calling it the wrong name.”

I understand wanting to get clarification to help the OP find the restaurant she’s looking for. I don’t understand why people would continue to insist on calling it fondue or soup, just because hot pot isn’t a term they’ve previously heard of, after they’ve been corrected.

OP: There is no hot pot restaurant in Disney Springs itself. The dish at Morimoto is not hot pot.

Wow. The number of posters on here basically saying “well *I* have never heard of hot pot, so you must be thinking of something else, or calling it the wrong name.”

I understand wanting to get clarification to help the OP find the restaurant she’s looking for. I don’t understand why people would continue to insist on calling it fondue or soup, just because hot pot isn’t a term they’ve previously heard of, after they’ve been corrected.

OP: There is no hot pot restaurant in Disney Springs itself. The dish at Morimoto is not hot pot.

Now we know what hotpot is not….

🤣 Right? Google is your friend, people!!! My goodness!

A Hot pot and BBQ restaurant just opened next to my office. Gonna be rough on a lot of tourists when they serve a plate of raw food uncover the grill in the middle of the table crank up the burners and slap. Pot of broth on a side burner. It is very common for a Chinese hot pot and Korean BBQ mix restaurant in some areas. Although the ones that have one or other are better. I will warn that Korean BBQ can keep you up all night from the spices really good but also very spicy mostly not hot way. I see either doing surprisingly bad at Disney but personally would love one.

I live in NYC, but I never heard of this. Of course if I am making soup, I make it at home. Not paying restaurant prices to make my own soup.

To me broth + meats and/or veggies = soup.

It's a whole communal experience. That's the entire point of it. It's not "just soup." It's not even actual soup.

Last edited:

The lack of cultural awareness is really disappointing, honestly. It's okay to admit that you don't know what something is, and ask questions and be curious, but to double down that it HAS to be this other thing just because you haven't heard of it is just, I don't even know what to call that.

The lack of cultural awareness is really disappointing, honestly. It's okay to admit that you don't know what something is, and ask questions and be curious, but to double down that it HAS to be this other thing just because you haven't heard of it is just, I don't even know what to call that.
I think the implication was that those of us who KNOW what it is and HAVE had it are just confused. ?????

We know it's not soup, fondue, bibimbap, etc. It's hot pot and the closest to DS is U & Me Hot Pot which is on 535 and less than 2 miles from DS.

FWIW, I just priced an Uber and it was $6.85 from DS to the restaurant for this time of day. Super close and convenient.

1675535882527.png

🤣 Right? Google is your friend, people!!! My goodness!
They invented the internet so that we didn't have to have these discussions anymore. We are supposed to be using it for knowledge and yet it seems that so many forget that it's not just for Disney and P0$n. LOL IDK why it is so hard for some to look it up and see what it is all about.

Broth with meat and veggies. Call it what you want, it's a soup.
It is not soup. You don't just dig in and drink it. It is a highly flavored(concentrated) COOKING broth that you use to cook your meats and vegetables in. Then you take those out of the broth and eat it with or without rice, with a dipping sauce. Again, it is a cooking method, not a dish.

Last edited:
KPOT is also very close to Disney springs. You can either chose Hot Pot or grill for one price or for an additional $5 you can do both.

I grew up eating hot pot with my Chinese American family. There's nothing like having hot pot on a cold winter night. Just putting in my two cents (I know this thread is from Feb)...hot pot is definitely not fondue or soup.

I grew up eating hot pot with my Chinese American family. There's nothing like having hot pot on a cold winter night. Just putting in my two cents (I know this thread is from Feb)...hot pot is definitely not fondue or soup.
Thank you for your input. The whole "it is soup" comments just ticked me off. I find it offensive that people treat other Culture's foods in a disdainful way.

We were stationed on Okinawa for 3 years and the Shabu-Shabu restaurants were very busy during winter months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter