Is there a hot pot restaurant inside Disney Springs?

Canadian Girl

DIS Veteran
We are meeting up with old friends we haven’t seen in 15 years and someone told us there is a hotpot restaurant at Disney Springs. I can’t find one and wondering If it is new or I just overlooked it. I will have no car, so looking for a restaurant that is actually located there. Am I just missing it or was the other person mistaken? .

basically a soup into which you dunk thinly sliced or other quick-cooking items.

I am not aware of one in Disney Springs. There is a Benihana in Hilton Walt Disney World across the pedestrian bridge from DS, however.

U&Me HotPot is just outside DS (maybe 5 minutes away?) And delicious! We went in December and will be making it a regular stop in our trips. The robot waiter, Peanut, is adorable.

Not sure about HotPot but it is described on menu for
MorImoto at Disney Springs

A9DB7FE1-5EE2-4C11-B8C2-83D10768F718.png

It's a restaurant where you're served raw meat and veggies with a pot of boiling broth on the table and cook everything yourself.
It's funny because I've never heard the term "hot pot" before. I do know of The Melting Pot. We used to have one around us. The kids loved it.

That's simply a clay pot used for cooking food. Those are common in Asian cooking but are like a casserole dish that's brought to your table.

The OP seems to want a fondue restaurant where you cook raw ingredients in pots of broth or melted cheese.
Not sure about HotPot but it is described on menu for
MorImoto at Disney Springs

View attachment 736672

That's simply a clay pot used for cooking food. Those are common in Asian cooking but are like a casserole dish that's brought to your table.

The OP seems to want a fondue restaurant where you cook raw ingredients in pots of broth or melted cheese.

"Hotpot" is specifically a Chinese style of cooking that is over 1000 years old. Hotpot restaurants are very popular in places with large Asian populations. My city has one at almost every shopping center.

Fondue is not the same thing.

In Seattle, if you say 'hot pot" restaurant, it means an asian-style of, generally, communal cooking (the party at your table) of cooking, as mentioned above, raw veggies and thin cuts of meat.

We also have Melting Pot restaurants, which are fondue, and are definitely not what a hotpot restaurant is.

I think DS should have both types of "pots" 😁

Well, then, if what the OP wants is Asian hot pot cooking, the answer is no, there's no restaurant for that in DS other than the Morimoto dish referred to above.

Where I live in the Central US, "hot pot" is commonly used to mean a fondue restaurant.

We are meeting up with old friends we haven’t seen in 15 years and someone told us there is a hotpot restaurant at Disney Springs. I can’t find one and wondering If it is new or I just overlooked it. I will have no car, so looking for a restaurant that is actually located there. Am I just missing it or was the other person mistaken? .

U & Me Revolving Hot Pot
Another vote for this restaurant. It's super close to Disney Springs and the food/experience is great. One of my dd's LOVES this place!
Well, then, if what the OP wants is Asian hot pot cooking, the answer is no, there's no restaurant for that in DS other than the Morimoto dish referred to above.

Where I live in the Central US, "hot pot" is commonly used to mean a fondue restaurant.
The Morimoto Buribop is nothing like a traditional Chinese hot pot the OP is looking for. Morimoto created a version of a traditional Bibimbap, which is a Korean rice dish, and he called it Buribop. I've had Morimoto's Buribop many times and it's really great and the server does a whole presentation while preparing it table-side. I've also had traditional Korean Bibimbap (one of my favorite things! I get it at least once a month!) and it is very different than a hot pot, where you cook your own meat and veggies at the table. Bibimbap is served in a screaming-hot clay bowl, but there's no broth. Hot pot is an entire experience, not just being served food.

basically a soup into which you dunk thinly sliced or other quick-cooking items.

I am not aware of one in Disney Springs. There is a Benihana in Hilton Walt Disney World across the pedestrian bridge from DS, however.

Sounds like a fondue restaurant to me. And no, there is not one at Springs.

I think we need the OP to clarify what's meant by "hot pot."

Because, there are multiple types of Asian hot pot cookery--some involve portable burner/stovetop cooking in a clay pot that's later served to diners, such as rice cooked in a Japanese donabe or a soup or stew. Clay pot cooking of this sort is common among European countries, too.

Then, there's at-the-table cookery similar to a broth fondue where the clay pot sits on a portable burner or other heat source and diners cook their chosen raw ingredients, maybe dipping some broth out to eat as soup. Sukiyaki is like this.

Many Americans think of a hot pot restaurant as a fondue place.

We'll continue going in circles, seems to me, without clarification about what type the OP meant.

I'm not sure what clarification is needed - hot pot restaurants literally have their own category on Yelp, Trip Adviser, and other food websites. It's a type of restaurant, and it's not fondue or a stew served at some Japanese restaurants. OP asked about a hot pot restaurant at DS and many of us knew exactly what restaurant they were referring to, just as if they asked for a BBQ restaurant or sushi restaurant.

I'm surprised so many haven't heard of them, but perhaps they live in smaller cities :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter