Is there a difference in the matresses/bedding

FreeThinker

Mouseketeer
In the Value, Moderate or Deluxe? Do they have the same matresses, or are the mroe $$ places have better quality matresses and bedding?

In the Value, Moderate or Deluxe? Do they have the same matresses, or are the mroe $$ places have better quality matresses and bedding?

I think you will get varied answers, because the perception of "quality" is sort of subjective.

Personally, my family has not noticed a difference in bedding and we've stayed at all levels. However, I think that by the time our heads hit the pillows, we could be on a sidewalk and it wouldn't have mattered because we are so tired. :goodvibes

We've never stayed at a value, but have stayed at 1 mod (CBR) and all but 3 of the deluxes (CR, BWI, & YC). With that said, while I have never had trouble sleeping at any resort, I have found the beds at the Poly and GF to be the most comfortable :cloud9:.

There is a difference in size. I believe most, if not all the values have fullsize beds, some moderates have fullsize and some have queen, and the deluxes all have queen minimum. There are probably exceptions where you could get a King at some of the moderates but they are few and far between I bet.

Tom

I am a bedding snob and i hate hotel beds that have the standard heavy bed spread ( how often do these get washed, not each time a new guest comes right?? ) with poly blanket and top sheet. I love duvets and any quality hotel should have them. Think Westin heavenly bed.

That being said we have stayed in CBR and POFQ and both had the yucky bedspread, but matteresses were good. I left the bedspread off.
In researching I found that Coronado as a mod now has duvets, if they are down, i dont know. Cant see down being a hit in Florida. I was tempted to switch from FQ after reading this. We stuck with FQ and were happy in our choice for other, non bed reasons.

I do wonder if the deluxes have duvets, IMO if they also have bedspreads they are really over charging. Any standard delux nowadays do duvets.

The values all have double (full) beds. The mods all have queen beds except for CBR which has double beds. The deluxes have queen beds (some also have day beds or pullout sofa beds. All levels have some king beds.

As to the quality of the mattresses- the degree of firmness or softnes is really subjective; but in our experience the more expensive the resort the better the mattress. The epitome of mattress comfort, though, is apparently to be found at the Swan/Dolphin resorts.

Linen quality also seems to go up with the level of resort.

We've stayed at all levels and prefer the bedding at the deluxe resorts. It's a better quality mattress and I love the pillows.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

I am a bedding snob and i hate hotel beds that have the standard heavy bed spread ( how often do these get washed, not each time a new guest comes right?? ) with poly blanket and top sheet. I love duvets and any quality hotel should have them. Think Westin heavenly bed.

That being said we have stayed in CBR and POFQ and both had the yucky bedspread, but matteresses were good. I left the bedspread off.
In researching I found that Coronado as a mod now has duvets, if they are down, i dont know. Cant see down being a hit in Florida. I was tempted to switch from FQ after reading this. We stuck with FQ and were happy in our choice for other, non bed reasons.

I do wonder if the deluxes have duvets, IMO if they also have bedspreads they are really over charging. Any standard delux nowadays do duvets.

The Epcot resorts, WL and CR have duvets. The Poly, GF, and AKL still have bedspreads.

OMG that is crazy. How could the GF and Poly ( seeing their prices and GF being marketed as the flagship resort), not do duvets?!?! Especially for what they are charging. Sorry but in my head, bedspreads look cheap, motel like. Regardless of the "theming".

Can you request it?? Especially seeing you are paying at times 400 plus a night. I would be demanding my feather pillow :).

Yes there is a difference in the mattresses, the Grand Floridian is the only pillow top.

As to duvets, I would imagine eventually as each resort goes through a soft product rehab they will get them.

Out of our stays the only time we had a complaint about the mattress was at AKL. It was just not comfy and it was squeeky. Maybe it was because we stayed in a DVC room and they aren't as kept up as regular rooms ?:confused3

I did notice last week while at AKL they were changing mattresses and I saw the on the 3rd and 4th floor. Maybe they are working their way up.

I agree that the Swan and Dolphin have the best beds.... there is not much that can beat the Westin Heavenly Bed!
I'm hoping the beds at our next resort (Animal Kingdom Villa at Jambo) are sleepable. I know one of them will be a sofa bed (not mine!).

Stayed at BLT this summer and just loved the bed and bedding. So comfortable! I have been looking for similar bedding to have at home. Definitely the most comfortable I have experienced on property.

Stayed at BLT this summer and just loved the bed and bedding. So comfortable! I have been looking for similar bedding to have at home. Definitely the most comfortable I have experienced on property.

::yes::

DFi and I stayed at BLT over two years ago and we still rave about how amazing that bed was!!

Yes, there is. AOA has hard full size beds with starched cardboard feeling bedspread. Maybe they just need to be used more :confused3 they had the same style as bedspreads at ASMO and CBR but I guess since they were not brand new, they did not seem hard. I cannot remember the bed size ar CBR.

CR has duvets. The beds are so comfortable. I think the little bed was more comfortable than the bed at AOA.

I wish they all had duvets. Much more comfortable and warm. :)

I think the pillows were different as well.

We only stayed onsite once, at POR, so I have nothing to compare it with.
We were less than impressed with the room. The bedding and towels were very poor quality for a newly refurbished room. It did have ugly, gross bedspreads as well. I guess for the price we paid I expected Hampton Inn quality and it did not.

Honestly, we were surprised.

The rest of the resort was nice.

I know CSR now has duvets, because they were in place for our stay earlier this year. I'm highly allergic to down, so I folded it up as best I could and put it in the closet area. I was sharing my room with my nephew, and as he likes to sleep in an arctic freeze zone, housekeeping brought me up a couple more blankets to use.

Other than the top layer, I have never noticed a difference in bedding or mattress quality between resorts. And I have stayed at the Sports to the Poly and most resorts in between.

We only stayed onsite once, at POR, so I have nothing to compare it with.
We were less than impressed with the room. The bedding and towels were very poor quality for a newly refurbished room. It did have ugly, gross bedspreads as well. I guess for the price we paid I expected Hampton Inn quality and it did not.

Honestly, we were surprised.

The rest of the resort was nice.

ITA with this. The mattresses at POR were awful for us (stiff neck, back all week) and the towels reeked. I thought the first time I showered it was a bad "batch" but it happened daily. We never had those issues at CSR.

The management at POR claims they use the same mattresses site wide. I don't believe it. :confused3

I think so.

When I stayed value, the beds were rock hard and the linens really scratchy - towels were thin and scratchy. I barely slept and wandered around in a fog that trip.

Moderates - beds are better - more my type and the linens were more along the line of what I have at home. Towels were nicer. I sleep much better there.

Deluxe - beds were great. Nice and really comfy. Linens were great and the towels were really thick.

I haven't stayed Deluxe in a year so I don't know what they are like now but I'm guessing it's the same way.
Same with value - after that 2nd trip it's been years since I've tried one. I've tried to make myself try another value resort but just don't want to be exhausted so I've been booking moderates.

Heck, there is a difference within the levels at the individual hotels and this is FACT. We were lucky enough to stay concierge level at the GF in one of the MK view honeymoon suites...The King Bed was nothing short of amazing. Even the robes were very plush and comfortable.

Our next trip to the GF we were in an outer building. The bed was DEFINITELY different, as were the robes. They were thinner and not really all that comfortable.

Yes, I am aware that 5 years had gone by, but this was a marked difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter