Is there a code watch thread for Feb. 2011 yet?

DisneyGuess

DIS Veteran
If so, point me in the right direction, I couldn't find it, hehe!

We are going Feb. 2011!! Were planning on Dec. 2010 but that had to get pushed back, so Feb. 2011 it is!

This is going to be the boys Christmas present so it's a surprise for them! We'll also be celebrating 2 of their birthday's while we're there!

Our dates are Feb.11-18! I'm so excited!!:goodvibes:banana:

We have delayed our trip to Feb 2011 also. We hope our cancellation will come to someone's attention, and we will finally receive an ever-elusive pin code :thumbsup2. We are told that AAA discounts for 2011 come out in April: we'll start with that.

We've been debating a AAA membership for awhile, maybe now's a good time to lookn into that, hehe.
I know they generally release the room & package rates for the upcoming year in August. Hopefully codes for Feb. 2011 will come out shortly after those are released!

I'll join in and sub! My DH and I are planning a 20th Anniversary trip for 4 days at the beginning of Feb. 2011. I was debating upgrading to an AP in Sept. when we take a family trip so that I can get a discount! We want to do a split stay at POFQ and Boardwalk!! :lovestruc

There will be no codes for February until at least the 2011 rates come out.. in August. :(

I hate the fact that we have to wait until August to book accomm... I never understood why so many people had to book two separate rooms, but it now makes sense. I'll be booking my flight in the next couple of months, so if my resort's not available we'll have to book a different resort so we've got somewhere to stay...

I can't believe it... August!!:confused3

This will be my first trip to WDW, so I might be a little skewed. But we'll be booking our flights in a couple of months - maybe 3 - so our length of stay will already be determined by the time we book our resort.

We want POR the whole time we're there (26th Feb - 8th Mar) but if say it's already booked on the 26th, we'll have to book somewhere else that first night, then move to POR for the following nights. I've never really understood why people have moved resorts during their stay, until this reason was presented.

Like I said, I could be looking at it wrong, but that's how I see it. I'm overreacting a little bit, because everyone's in the same boat, but it would be nice to be able to book everything further in advance and not have to worry about this sorta thing as the holiday gets closer...

You can book up to 500 or 499 days in advance. If a code comes out, call and see if the code can be applied to your reservation. If you call soon after the discount comes out, there shouldn't be a problem.

Ok, I understand what you were saying now, you were talking about having to book a flight before your resort!

For us, it's the other way, Southwest is cheapest for us and they don't release their flights until 6 months out!

I did try to price a Feb 2011 trip and the WDW site won't let me. I know you can book room only, but then you have to cancel and re-book anyway when packages are released? :confused3 AND, you have to book 1 night's rate instead of just a flat $200 and since we are doing a split stay, this would be fairly expensive upfront!

I hate having to wait! I don't even want to do a room-only booking because, the code will probably help decide where we stay, lol! So, I'm right there with you guys, hate waiting to August to get prices & book! But, I'm doing it, impatiently, hehe.

I do go ahead onto the WDW site & price out dates that are out now with the season my trip falls in. So, to price out value seaon, I picked the 1st week of Dec just to get an idea. I realize it will probably be a bit more expensive than '10 rates but at least it gives me an idea!

SO happy to see this thread. It will be our 1st visit as a family to WDW and we finally settled on Feb 2011 -wanted something to look forward to after the holidays and hoping the crowds will be down during this time of year.

I "made" reservations for Feb 2-4 at the Poly but haven't made the deopsit yet. It is due tommorrow:eek: so I'm thinking about not booking and waiting for a code or deal???

We have to stay offsite for 3 nights..hubby agreed to a timeshare presentation for Hilton Grand Vacations.:headache: in exchange for $300 for 3nights at a 1 bedroom condo.

I'm leaning towards the Poly for the location but really praying for one of these elusive pin codes. :confused3 otherwise we might be staying in a value or mod instead.

Anyways...watching all the action unfold her with you fellow dis'ers..popcorn:: such as what discounts will come out ...what will the rates be for 2011..etc.
ps- I have 2 boys ages 2 and 5 and I have only been to WDW for 2 days when I was in my 20's..I think I'm more excited than anyone to be going!:thumbsup2
Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie - I know I'm more excited than anyone else, lol. The boys do not know yet, this will be our Christmas to them but even once they find out...I know I will still be the most excited, hehe!!!
Just (im)Patiently waiting for August! & for some decent deals for the beginning of 2011!!!!:banana::banana::banana::yay::yay::yay:

So, for my other Feb 11'er's. what kind of code/deals are you hoping for?
A good room/package discount (40% off or a buy 4 get3) or another gift card promo??

I honestly can't decide which I'd prefer. I'm thinking the room type of code/discount would do my family better though.

I'm on the fence about whether we should upgrade our tickets in Sept. to AP's and use an AP discount or if I should hope for a bounceback or pin code? I don't think I'll know until the last day of our Sept. trip and then I'll upgrade at least one of our tickets to an AP. It's our 20th Anniversary and really the only way we can afford to stay in a deluxe is with a discount!

I think a room discount so we can try a deluxe (thinking POLY) without breaking the bank.
Since we are locked into staying offsite for 3 nights it limits what we can do :confused3

Still going to look into getting an AP since I want to go back with DS possibly in the fall with a mom and me trip!:thumbsup2

Its SO hard to wait!

I agree, it is VERY hard to wait! I want to make plans, etc but feel the need to wait until we at least know rates, lol! I looked back at mousesavers & the historical discounts & it looks like the codes for 2010 started showing up in Sept. I can't wait til Sept!!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rolleyes1
It's going to be a long 6-7 month, hehe. :rolleyes:
I know they've never offered free dining during Feb. but I am really hoping for a 7 for 4 deal at least. I guess, I'll take whatever kind of deal comes out 1st & then wait for the others to show. At least then I know we at least have our stuff booked!

We are planning the 28th through March 7th. I am really hoping they do the 4/3 deal again. We had that last year and was able to stay atthe Yacht CLub. I want to try the Boardwalk and can only do it if we get that deal!

We are planning the 28th through March 7th. I am really hoping they do the 4/3 deal again. We had that last year and was able to stay atthe Yacht CLub. I want to try the Boardwalk and can only do it if we get that deal!

I'm really hoping for the 4/3 deal as well. For our larger family, it could really help a great deal! I'll take a 30-35% off room code but hoping for the 4/3!! :banana::cloud9:popcorn:: Or even another $500 GC for booking in a mod would be good. That's about how much my family will save if they offer 4/3. Only save about $300 if we get a 30% code.

Sign me up for 2011! I watched for codes in 2008 and it paid off with a savings of about $300 for my family. We got free parkhopper upgrade with free "waterparks and more" option. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter