Is The Garden Grill Gross?

There is turkey, mac n cheese, veggies, bread and you can order chicken fingers & fries for the kids. DH does not eat catfish either. He filled up on all the other stuff including the kids food. Just tell the server not to give you the catfish and to double up on the turkey. It is family style and all-you-can-eat, so they bring you more of what you ASK for.

There is also delicious flank steak, surprised that you found it forgetable because it was wonderful!

My SIL and her family were there a week ago. They loved it, they said the food and character interaction was great :goodvibes

Ate at GG last November and was sick all night long. I was the only one in our family to eat the "fish" so perhaps it was that as my dh and dd8 were fine. Service was also a little slow. Won't eat there again.

...the restaurant revolves around scenes from Living with the Land.

That's intriguing...can someone tell me about this? I have never noticed anything out of the ordinary while riding the boat.

I am also very nervous about scheduling this meal as we really don't care for catfish. It is just too fishy tasting for us. We prefer haddock. Would we be wasting our time eating here or are the other offerings enough to make it worthwhile?
:confused3

I too prefer haddock....but i loved the catfish and i never eat anything but haddock. The catfish is just a part of it...but even if you don't care for the catfish, the turkey and flank steak are delicious too in my opinion and I do not eat turkey. Both times we've been there, the servers were great at bringing us what we were eating and not what we were picking at.

Thanks so much to all of the helpful DISers who replied to my questions! I'm feeling much better about my ADR after reading these... though maybe I'll avoid the catfish! :sick:

It sounds like my kiddos will have a blast with the characters. We've eaten at Chef Mickey's, CP, and Donald's; but didn't have nearly as much interaction as people described on this thread. It should be fun! :)

I'm second-guessing my ADR for this restaurant... Can anyone help by letting me know about your recent experiences here?

My party will consist of me, DH, vegetarian grandma, and kids (4 & 6). I initially chose this restaurant because we would be in Epcot for Illuminations, the kids would enjoy the characters, and the menu seemed better for children than the ones with the standard new kids' menu choices.

I've been reading some really mixed reviews lately, though. Is it that bad? This will be the last night of our trip, and I really don't want to end on a sour note.

Thanks for your help! :)

we went last year during our trip and loved it. I actually may see if we can get in this trip too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter