Is the end coming for the Chase Disney Visa?

Is it possible to DOUBLE-UP on discounts at Disney Theme Parks (utilizing both AP and Disney Chase)?

Not sure what you mean by "discounts", but we've had no trouble booking with an AP discount, then paying for the room with our Disney Chase card (and getting 2% back). Or using our Tables in Wonderland card and then paying with our Disney Chase card (and also getting 2% back).

I never use my chase Disney visa. I just hang onto it for the couple days of early room discounts before the general public and the photo op. I pretty much put every single purchase on my Southwest card. EVen something as small as a pack of gum. I haven't had to pay for a flight in years. That's worth way more to me than a rewards card at Disney.

I fly Southwest a lot, so I use a combination of Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom and Discover It cards (for the bonus cats) and a Sam's mastercard ( for Gas that allows me to put those savings into discounted gift cards or fresh Kobe steaks) and a Southwest Premier(the fee is negated by the anniversary miles). I have become vigilant on the shopping portals when buying goods. For example, Southwest's portal is currently giving 2x points via StubHub. So my family decided to go to the U2 concert in St. Louis on Sat nite. Got 4 fist row club seats, went to Stub hub via the portal for 2x on a kinda expensive purchase and paid with my CSR for 1x. A total of 3x. I used the portal alerts email from Frequent Miler to maximize my recent purchase of a Craftsman Lawn Mower. JC PENNY recently had 11x for a couple of days for Southwest, you could have racked up if you needed some big tickets stuff like a Fridge. I got 5X points when I purchased Samsung kitchen suite via the portal.Screenshot_2017-09-14-07-51-16.png Screenshot_2017-09-14-07-52-38.png

Last edited:
I fly Southwest a lot, so I use a combination of Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom and Discover It cards (for the bonus cats) and a Sam's mastercard ( for Gas that allows me to put those savings into discounted gift cards or fresh Kobe steaks) and a Southwest Premier(the fee is negated by the anniversary miles). I have become vigilant on the shopping portals when buying goods. For example, Southwest's portal is currently giving 2x points via StubHub. So my family decided to go to the U2 concert in St. Louis on Sat nite. Got 4 fist row club seats, went to Stub hub via the portal for 2x on a kinda expensive purchase and paid with my CSR for 1x. A total of 3x. I used the portal alerts email from Frequent Miler to maximize my recent purchase of a Craftsman Lawn Mower. JC PENNY recently had 11x for a couple of days for Southwest, you could have racked up if you needed some big tickets stuff like a Fridge. I got 5X points when I purchased Samsung kitchen suite via the portal.View attachment 269505 View attachment 269506
This is awesome! It never occurred to me to check out the SW portal for online shopping. I'm going to do that from now on!!

So I'll be calling Chase later today ( as its past midnight already ) ... Ive tried a few times now to pay off the rest of my upcoming trip with my Disney Chase card and keep giving me the message Ive attached below. Never had this issue on any of my previous payments before.

Attachments

• Payment denied.jpg
    Payment denied.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 83

So I'll be calling Chase later today ( as its past midnight already ) ... Ive tried a few times now to pay off the rest of my upcoming trip with my Disney Chase card and keep giving me the message Ive attached below. Never had this issue on any of my previous payments before.
Well, that's not very convenient.:mad:

Is it possible that your card its past its expiration date. I've had that happen where I'm issued a new card but don't go update the date on Disney's system. The old card will still work until the exp. date but then once it's expired you just need to key in the new year and it's good to go.

So called Chase today, no issues on their end, also used my card on Disney Movie Club and worked fine there.

Called spoke to a physical person at Disney they took the info, their system came back saying was an invalid card number.

Final straw, pulled up the email from the past payment I made, called the number for the automated system that you can make payments with, went thru just fine.

Im thinking may be technical issues within the systems in Florida, the automated one from the email recipe is located in Dallas TX and worked fine. So who knows whats going on for sure right now.

Is it possible that your card its past its expiration date. I've had that happen where I'm issued a new card but don't go update the date on Disney's system. The old card will still work until the exp. date but then once it's expired you just need to key in the new year and it's good to go.

Card is good thru March 2018.

It's a website build issue. I'm sure the error came back instantly. It does thing where it looks at the card number to see if it passes the luhn check sum. Saves the system some time be rejecting when people transpose a card number or omit a number.
Possible you transposed a number?
Basically if the error returns instantly, it's likely not a credit issue....either the date is sent incorrectly, or the website has issues. If it takes a while, looks like the computer is processing, then comes back with an issue, then it's likely a problem with the card account.

Florida and California are big fraud alert places for cards as well, so one shouldn't be surprised if their card gets tripped up in being run from a FL location especially if the card isn't present.

Somewhat related....
Online Checkin, over and over, flags our CDV card as expired prior to end of vacation. Picking "Card on File", and submitting? Problem vanishes. Folks, our card expires in 2020 :). OLCI is screwed up, yet again....

So called Chase today, no issues on their end, also used my card on Disney Movie Club and worked fine there.

Called spoke to a physical person at Disney they took the info, their system came back saying was an invalid card number.

Final straw, pulled up the email from the past payment I made, called the number for the automated system that you can make payments with, went thru just fine.

Im thinking may be technical issues within the systems in Florida, the automated one from the email recipe is located in Dallas TX and worked fine. So who knows whats going on for sure right now.

Not sure it's related, but for the past week or two I cannot make payments on disneyworld.com (whether a resort reservation or tickets or dining reservation) using Safari (on Mac), but when I switch to Chrome it works just fine. One thing I noticed (and not sure it's the reason or just coincidence) is that only Chrome gives me the "I agree..." checkbox. WDW's website is just awful all around...

I owe about one grand on Chase Visa Credit Card but other then that No, Chase will not be leaving Disney no time soon which is a good thing. I can continue that Visa Chase character experience.

Did anyone else get a notice that a new card is being sent to them? I just got a new card in March so I was highly suspicious of this and called the number on the back of my card (not the number in the email, in case it was a scam) and they verified that I am indeed getting a new card in the mail. But the gal I talked to could not tell me why. Which I thought was strange. None of the reasons for getting a new card that were in the email are valid, leaving only the last one as a possibility:

Don't remember why you would be getting a card from us? Here are some reasons:

- Your current card is about to expire

- You were approved for a new account

- You accepted an offer to upgrade to a different rewards program

- You reported your card as lost or stolen, or requested a new card

- We are sending you a new card with updated features or benefits

So, what does anyone know what the updated features or benefits might be?

Did anyone else get a notice that a new card is being sent to them? I just got a new card in March so I was highly suspicious of this and called the number on the back of my card (not the number in the email, in case it was a scam) and they verified that I am indeed getting a new card in the mail. But the gal I talked to could not tell me why. Which I thought was strange. None of the reasons for getting a new card that were in the email are valid, leaving only the last one as a possibility:

I got the same email and was quite confused but my new card showed up, and here's the letter it came with.

Attachments

• 20171004_082857.jpg
    20171004_082857.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 62

You got upgraded to "Visa Signature" - I recently did too. I'm not sure what the upgraded benefits with that are because I don't use this card ever and threw the info away immediately haha. I only got the card for the $200 gift card bonus, lol!

Why have the card? Well for one thing clerks stop and look at my Yoda card and when you put everything and I do mean everything ( I pay my cable,utilities etc with the card) that 1 and 2% adds up. I use that "gift card" to pay for anything I want at the parks. We only go every 2-3 years so my final total tends to get rather large.

I also received the 'new' card (Visa Signature) which doesn't have the picture I had selected for my old card.

Having said that, I enjoy the Disney Visa card for one reason. We don't visit WDW/DL that often, but when we do the points accrued have in the past either completely covered our park tickets OR several days of sit down meals in the park. So I think it's worth it for that reason alone.

I didn't notice if mine was new (signature) but all 3 of the card holders in my household got new ones with stock sorcerer Mickey designs as our previous designs were retired (all 3 were Pixar related I don't know if that matters) I ended up replacing that one with tinker bell

I just got an email about a survey for the Chase Disney VISA. From the looks of it, they are indeed considering some changes. A lot of the questions were ones I would ask if I was trying to decide what perks to keep and what perks might not be used very much and therefore could be changed. While I was taking the survey, which lasted about 15 minutes, I thought of this thread and what might be coming for the card in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter