Is the dining plan going to change in 2011

No, no, no, no, no! ;) I am simply stating that it should be an option - do they want a kid meal plan or adult meal plan. That would be no change on Disney's part. It just means the waiter confirms which menu the guest can order from, child or adult.

The change on Disney's part is they would make less money. All these little things are the way Disney makes a profit. Everyone in the room on the plan, required for all days, ticket purchase, 10 year old an adult.

I took my then 12 year old niece 4 years ago. She eats like a bird. I used the dining plan and on paper I saved money, we did alot of character meals. But it would have been much cheaper to not have the plan and let her get her mac and cheese and chicken fingers at counter service or order off the kids menu. That's all she ate. If I had to do it again, I would not do the dining plan and do one character meal for the experience and the pictures.

The change on Disney's part is they would make less money. All these little things are the way Disney makes a profit. Everyone in the room on the plan, required for all days, ticket purchase, 10 year old an adult.

Actually it wouldn't cause Disney to make less money. Disney makes the same profit margin on a child's meal regardless if they eat it all, eat half or take two bites and spit it back on the plate. If I travel with a 9-year-old who eats like an adult or a 15-year old that eats like a toddler, Disney does not lose anything as long as the system is not being cheated. A child's meal plan is a child's meal plan. :rolleyes:

Actually it wouldn't cause Disney to make less money. Disney makes the same profit margin on a child's meal regardless if they eat it all, eat half or take two bites and spit it back on the plate. If I travel with a 9-year-old who eats like an adult or a 15-year old that eats like a toddler, Disney does not lose anything as long as the system is not being cheated. A child's meal plan is a child's meal plan. :rolleyes:

I think what DebbieB meant was that the child, who in the current system, would have paid for an adult dining plan, would have the option of paying for a kids plan.

Of course if you pay OOP there is nothing stopping you from ordering off the kids menu for an adult. I haven't done it at a TS, but I have purchased plenty kids meals for myself at a CS and nobody bats an eyelid.

Indeed, and the other aspect is that Disney has evidently determined that forcing folks over 10 years old to pay for an regular meal plan, rather than giving them an option to purchase the child meal plan, yields better overall results, even if it means some families go a la carte or even off-site, instead of meal plan.

I like many others on the board have been concerned about the rumoured changes to the 2011 plans, so I decided to voice my concerns to wdw and here's the response I got (let's hope it's true):

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World® Resort. I appreciate the time you took to share your concerns about possible changes to the Disney Dining Plan. Please know that the 2011 Disney Dining Plan will include the same entitlements as the previous year. I hope your next visit is filled with many more special memories.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Guest Communication Services
Walt Disney World Resort

M002065839

Now I'm even more excited for my trip!!

Here's the response I got, (but no word still on prices):

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World® Resort. I appreciate the time you took to share your concerns about possible changes to the Disney Dining Plan. Please know that the 2011 Disney Dining Plan will include the same entitlements as the previous year. I hope your next visit is filled with many more special memories.

Sincerely, ***** ******

Walt Disney World Resort

M002065839

Hope this eases some peoples' fears! (including my own ;))

Interesting!! thanks for sharing!! It's sounding like we should have all the details this weekend.

Sounds nice. But with Disney (no discredit to you :goodvibes) I will believe it when I see it. Their CMs are usually the last to know about changes. ;)

UK tour company Complete Orlando have said that the Dining Plans remain unchanged in 2011.

I posted this on another thread but will repeat it here. UK tour agency Complete Orlando have said that they have been informed by Disney that the Dining Plans will remain unchanged in content in 2011.

The missing part of this letter... However in order to keep the entitlements the same we have raised the prices 33% for each plan :lmao:

I like many others on the board have been concerned about the rumoured changes to the 2011 plans, so I decided to voice my concerns to wdw and here's the response I got (let's hope it's true):

Sincerely, ***** *****

Walt Disney World Resort

M002065839

Now I'm even more excited for my trip!!

There has been an update from UK tour company Complete Orlando. On a UK forum they have posted the following:

"Disney US office have just advised us that the Disney Dining Plans for 2011 will now remain unchanged!

This means that any of you who have already booked with Complete Orlando for next year and have Disney Dining plans included (free or paid for) will now receive the same inclusions as 2010!

Which means desserts and more will now be included!

Our website will be updated in due course!

Happy booking!"

They have since updated their website to state:

"GREAT NEWS!
2011 Dining Plans are now UNCHANGED from 2010!
(for all existing bookings & new bookings)"

http://www.completeorlando.co.uk/orlando-florida/Walt-Disney-World-Resort-Dining-Plan.php

As they were one of the first to announce the removal of dessert etc it's definitely looking good! :woohoo:

What's the "and more", I wonder? :)

Looks good though. Of course they can now justify their annual price increase, but rather a couple of $$ than losing out on desserts. I don't eat many desserts at all, but for many, it is one of the special treats of being on vacations. Now we want to see it in black and white, confirmed by Disney on their official site. (Never happy are we :lmao:)

There has been an update from UK tour company Complete Orlando. On a UK forum they have posted the following:

They have since updated their website to state:

"GREAT NEWS!
2011 Dining Plans are now UNCHANGED from 2010!
(for all existing bookings & new bookings)"

http://www.completeorlando.co.uk/orlando-florida/Walt-Disney-World-Resort-Dining-Plan.php

As they were one of the first to announce the removal of dessert etc it's definitely looking good! :woohoo:

What's interesting is theyhave the same price for 2010 AND 2011 posted on their site. Maybe the price will be unchanged as well!

Not holding my breath though.

woohooo thats great news :cool1:

Obviously i will wait until this is confirmed on Disneys USA website and repeated on here but the signs are great. I wasnt expecting the desserts with the counter service meals but if thats what we get im happy.xxx:)

Same email I recieved today except mine was signed:
Walt Disney World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter